Old 02-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyhick View Post
This is LITERALLY like the Tall TWINS thread! I love it! we probably have the same bad habits and little quirks too!! We're like the perfect group to do this together!!! I'm like super extra ridiculously excited about it! (Surely you guys know the feeling I mean! Haha)

paigeinabook you're seriously like the closest thing I could ever find to a twin, and you're already taken by an ACTUAL twin! Wahhh! Hahaha. :P but really, I've only ever known one person who shared my birthday (besides Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman) so. I'm pretty enthralled! Haha

Today, was my official first day of work, orientations and things, so nothing that exciting... But I'm OFFICIALLY in the 220s!! I'm sure it'll fluctuate up and down, in and out of the 230/22? Mark, but still!! 229.4 yayyyy!
Hahahhaha you made my day with that. The funny thing is, we started at the same weight and I'm about ten pounds behind you right now! I see a connect happening here... good job on the 220s!! Pretty amazing stuff!
I know soooooo many people with our birthday. Namely, and most interestingly, twins. Of course we all four are best friends since 7th grade. Imagine my surprise to find out my new best friend not only shared my birthday but also had a twin as well??? Weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me coincidence-wise for sure.
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 AM   #77  

And to the rest of you twinsies! Hello I'm not trying to ignore you...

I had a great day today. I was about 500 calories under my goal and I spent an hour on the elliptical (while having this site pulled up on my iPad...) and did intervals. I ended up burning close to 900 calories by the time I got off and I was even a little distracted !

I had to work tonight until 1 in the morning so I hate that I will have a weird sleep schedule tonight... But I gotta save that money for medifast!!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #78  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I'm doing super good but very tired.

I am still hovering around 235 but I don't mind.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #79  
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys! Didn't get a chance to read anything, so I'll do a more thorough check-in tomorrow! With some messages to you all!! <3

Days are going well so far, even night bingeing seems to be curbed (thank goodness for tea)

Next week the treadmill is going to become my BFF! There WILL be pictures as proof! I need some sort of accountability! You guys are gonna hold me to it, right!? also. I've been watching Daimere's videos, and my hoop is about to be my BFF too!! So. Here's to a new good habit, or two!!

Tonight, my husband and I went to a nice little Italian restaurant, and ate in their wine cellar. I had two glasses of a white Zinfandel wine, cheesy garlic bread, and a delicious bowl of Pancetta/Zucchini pasta in a creamy garlic sauce. Followed by a piece of salted caramel vanilla crunch cake. Decadent. Absolutely delicious cake. Worth every wretched calorie! I totally indulged, and I don't regret a bite! (Not yet at least! Haha, I'm sure I might..)
But... Safe to say my calories are long long gone. But totally worth it. We haven't actually enjoyed a nice supper together for a while and I'm really happy we did tonight. Now I'm downing some Redd's strawberry ale. I foresee a good fun night in my future hehe!

Anyway.. Being that I've been eating immaculately, in totally feeling this little bit of alcohol, so it's probable that my best interests do not lie on the Internet!

Much love gals! See...erm. Post you tomorrow!
whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #80  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hi Hi Twinnies!!

So I had a great workout today, and felt like I really kicked some . I am bumping up my cals back to early January standards, we will see how my body responds, it's only 150 cals....that shouldn't matter right ?? Either way, it is going to happen, whether the scale likes it or not.
On another note, I have been compiling images that are meant to be inspirational to me to help with the motivation I need some days. I have begun creating an extensive slideshow, complete with quotes, body shapes I love, images of people who are impossibly fit, before and after shots, outfits I want at goal weight, etc., and you know what??--it works --especially when paired with amped up muuuzek. I test ran it today while working out, I hooked up my laptop to my tv, jumped on the tread, turned on my muuuzek, and it was great. I mean, I know people have made similar projects and you can find them all over the internet, but those were not made for me, mine is tailored to my likes and what I know to be inspirational to me, not cookie cutter by any means. What inspires you to lose weight, may not "do it" for me, eh, to each his own--or her in this case . Okay done .

paigeinabook Great Burn!!! How long were you on the elliptical?

thewalrus0 That's how I sounded, I felt like I couldn't get out of 230's...funny thing is that I don't feel the same way about the 220's, I do feel this is temporary. At the end of the day, it still isn't Onderland, so we will always be complaining. But I do wonder, when we get there, will we complain too??

whollyhick Yum, Yum , Girl, I would have indulged too!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, hope you got a nice buzz, cheers to feel good juice!!!
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 AM   #81  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

So since I am sick, i feel like I have the emptiest stomach ever. And I don't care. They say push fluids right? Then ice cream counts as a fluid. It's not strep the doctor said but a URI (about 10 men at work have uri's right now). I tried to sleep and sleep and sleep today.

whollyhick- that sounds awesome!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #82  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! I'm joining in here. I'm 26, 5'10, and 227.4 pounds this morning!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #83  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Welcome to the party merilung!

My brother-in-law has been visiting us this week, and he is going home today! I'm looking forward to everything getting back to normal. I don't mind people visiting but when it's time for them to leave I'm like yes finally I can get back to my real schedule. Tomorrow I am going to get up early before school and walk on my treadmill, make sure I start off the week right!

whollychick - I haven't ate breakfast yet and now I'm starving! That sounds so delicious. Hope you enjoyed every bite
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #84  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Welcome Merilung!

I'm feeling ok, but I didn't weigh in today. I had a few extra calories last night but my appetite has been on and off this week for some reason.

I'm having a pretty interesting relationship with a new guy and I'm excited but have no idea where it's going to go. I figure I'll just see what happens.

Midterms are around the corner and I'm not freaking out just yet but am a little nervous, but then Spring Break! Yay!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #85  
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Default Myfitnesspal, you're a jerk.

So my promise of a more thorough update, yeah no. Not gonna happen! We're almost too active of a thread for me to keep up as of late! (Not complaining, I swear! I'm glad everyone here is so wonderful and supportive <3

Anyway. Today wasn't so bad. But since MfP recalculated my calories because of my weight loss.... I just can't hit them! Like at all! It's making me crazy! So. As aforementioned. Treadmill accountability everywhere next week! (For me that is. I'm not bossy I swear!) gonna have to earn those extra calories and maybe therefore end up in a better place! I've decided my work meal planning is going to be making a double portion of whatever it is I plan to eat at work the night before, and packing it away so I can cook it up the next day! Hopefully that works well for me. This coming week, I'm probably going to be EXTRA active, because husband is on night shift, ( essentially this means I spend the nights alone... :/ and see him MAYBE ten hours the entire week. Yep. I'm going to be a baby about it... That's one thing about this job that is the absolute PITS. Grr.

Well. See you gals tomorrow evening! Eat clean! I've made enough boooboos with my eating this weekend for ALL of us! O.o and if you find some fun exciting form of exercise, send it my way!

Love & Luck
Matraca
whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #86  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Skittlez - I'm the same way - love it when guests visit AND when they leave! Way to go having a plan to start the week off right

thewalrus0 - What are you studying? I'm not in school right now, but my husband is finishing his undergrad this year and I'm already longing for summer. He has an honors thesis to write over spring break so we won't really get an actual break at that point, boo.

whollyhick - I would go CRAZY if my husband was gone all night! I totally empathize with missing your spouse - between work and school I feel like I never get to see my husband. Big hugs for you!

I've had a good on-plan day, with all clean food choices well within my calorie limit, a 60 minute yoga flow class, and a 4 mile dog walk. I'm busy with lots of appointments and errands tomorrow but I'm hoping I can squeeze a yoga class in somewhere! I really want to get back in the groove a bit before the Bikram's Biggest Loser challenge I joined starts up on the 15th.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #87  
"Evolution Required"

Hi Twin Twins!!

So today I weighed-in at an even 224, who knows if that will even stick. TOM is nipping at my heels --this explains my energy levels. I have had to pysch myself up more than usual lately. I read this interesting article on TOM and its effect on us, pretty good read---> Menstrual cycle dieting
This would be more helpful, if my cycle was always predictable, and for like half of the year it is, the other half--not so much...
I was over my cals today--totally worth it. My tummy is happy . This means I can't do that for the next while though .
My workout was killer today . The only thing is, I think this consistent dripping sweat everyday thing, is doing horrid things to my skin. I am the person who rarely if ever has pimples or break outs, but in these past few months things have been different, and the only thing that changed in my life was the addition of this weight loss journey. I have had to try all sorts of methods of "prevention". I hate what is going on...isn't this all supposed to result in clearer skin??
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #88  

Twinnie twins!

This thread makes my whole day to read what you all have been up to during your days.

Welcome to you, Merilung! I'm brand new too so we shall navigate this crazy Gemini-clustered support thread together!

I had a great weekend y'all! I skipped pizza two nights in a row even though it was offered freely to me by both my parents and my best friend. I instead took out a lean cuisine from the freezer and ate it instead. :P I work a lotttt on the weekends (like 16-20 hours) so I don't have to so much during the school week so I only had time to work out on Friday (after class) and Sunday night. I haven't been over my calories yet since I joined MfP so I'm really happy with myself the last week.

Anybody need my fitness pal friends? I don't have any! Lol. My username is slightly different than the one I have here: paigeinabo0k

I hope you all have a GREAT week!!

Last edited by paigeinabook; 02-11-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #89  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Well, I didn't eat the greatest today. BUT I did stay within the calorie range today and I did get on the treadmill for a bit. It's a start It's weird after eating terrible for awhile having to get used to your body feeling hungry. That sounds terrible, but when I'm not on my game I eat even when I'm not hungry just because it's time to eat. Damn food :-P
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #90  
"Evolution Required"

Hi Twins!
TOM is hella early...but this explains my moods, going to tmi now , so I beg your pardon, but this time it came with cramps. I rarely get cramps, so this sucks. Imagine going to your local DMV on your first full day of TOM, going early on a Monday, everybody is at work and school?, and BAM! you got lines, restless peoples, they hand you a number, wait in line . That was my morning. You know the sterotyped woman on TOM, who is crying, angry, and just an annoyance to be around??....Well, that's me, just less crying and more angry. I think a lot of people I came across today, got what I like to characterize, as "decisive statements" and "the look" .
I still got a full workout in today, miraculously. I am also under my calories, miraculously. I even had soda today, haven't had any for two months, I usually only allow myself soda during TOM, fizz fizz fizz, a feel good for my feel bad .

Skittlez Can relate here, you worded it well. I think something new for me, is waking up hungry. I used to just wake up and feel...I guess satiated, understandably, because I was a midnight snacker . This allowed me to feel much better about skipping breakfast during the weekdays, however during the weekends, ate a big breakfast, well, like you said, because it was time .
Now, if I'm busy in the morning (which is like every weekday), I still will skip or delay breakfast, and more than likely I am eating a big lunch to balance it all out.

Last edited by MarliQQ; 02-10-2014 at 09:40 PM.