3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Tall Twins to One-derland! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/292069-tall-twins-one-derland.html)

MarliQQ 01-31-2014 07:41 PM

Hi Twins,

I sweated a good while today, and I felt like I really did some fat damage. I am resigning myself to the idea that I will not switch up my workout until my previously set time frame occurs. I would be only doing it to get some movement on the scale, and I don't think it is worth it, I like the program I have set up, and that will be what I stick with. So I did not get the 10lb loss I wished for, that is the only disappointment I have this month. But I have to remember all of my other non-scale victories. Maybe February will bode better for me, the optimism in me says it will ;).

Daimere Nice to see a post of yours again :). Great job with the weight loss! And regarding your height, at least you are aware of the discrepancy :). Height is one of those self-identifiers you take for granted, like your shoe size, and I don't need you to tell me that I am any different than I always believed I was...but that's just me and my ornery ways...:cool:.

whollyhick I forgot all about groundhog's day :). Probably because I always thought the groundhog's opinion didn't matter much :p. But at least your town has a national identity. I have lived in towns before, where the local Walmart was the only "landmark" worth mentioning...

Daimere 02-01-2014 11:48 AM

MarliQQ- Well, I will get remeasured in a few months (I am thinking March?) and I am hoping I will have gotten taller).

Today I went to water aerobics. Missed last week due to car issues/snow/ice/mfl. Since I overate a few days ago, I haven't been daily weighing. I will climb back on that scale tonight when I wake up. I have hardly been using my gym membership to the fullest. I signed up for Color Me Rad Run cause I'm crazy. So I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k program. Anyone familiar with it? Nervous to start running! I think I barely have 8-9 weeks before the run.

whollyhick 02-01-2014 12:38 PM

You can do it! I'm sure 8-9 weeks is plenty of time to prepare! :) the nearest gym to me is more than 13 miles away, soo i have to use my own equipment, sometimes, it's not nearly as glamorous as it sounds...haha also, you have to rely on self discipline, which I lack. Haha. :tread:

MarliQQ 02-01-2014 08:17 PM

Measured myself today for my monthly weigh-in and lost an average of 3in on my neck, waist, and hips. So I am hoping to lose much more in February since I will be doing the 30 Day Shred the entire month :lifter:. I have seen some people with some amazing results and I definitely want the inches off, even though it does not usually translate into crazy pounds off.
I was under my cals for today, and I was yesterday too, which is totally needed since I had a real fat girl day, days before. I think that day I was over by like :coach:800 cals!!:cheer:!!
Have not done that since I started trying to lose weight. Surprisingly it barely had any effect on my weight. I think I fluctuated up about 1/2 a lb the day after and I went back to my usual 229-230 "plateau" thing I have been doing for weeks.

Daimere I looked into couch to 5k, and I planned on doing that after I am done with 30DS. I have seen some threads on mfp where people got great results. I want to do it out of curiosity, but I just am skeptical that it could get me running:woops:in the time frame provided.

Daimere 02-02-2014 10:39 AM

MarliQQ- I asked one of my friends about it and she said that she had to repeat a couple days. But she said that it helped her feel like she was DOING something. I'm just nervous that I won't have any time to train. Or failing. The reason why I joined the gym was to have the walking track to train. So no excuses supposedly?

Today I weighed in at 216.6. Not bad since I overate for 2 days! I did a circuit training working. I'm worried about this bad weather coming through. :(

thewalrus0 02-02-2014 03:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late I think but I'm here! I'm finally getting settled into a routine this semester so I definitely intend to be on here more often.

I'm having a bit of an adjustment period today as I just got a new phone. It's one that I've been wanting, the Galaxy Note 3, but I was previously using an iPhone and so there's been a switch in apps. On my iPhone I had a cool app that tracked calories and carbs and worked really well but now I'm having to use a different app, as there's no Android alternative. :/

I mean, I like Android for a lot of reasons but carb counting apps has never been a strong spot for them, and iPhone didn't even have a lot of choices anyways.

So I'm on Myfitnesspal which, for counting calories, works really well but is a little bit of a pain for carbs.

Oh well though, right? :P Not much to do but keep on keepin' on.

I also am on TOM and had a good 3 days of cheats meals here and there so, now that I've had my fun, I'm looking to seriously push myself to get to 235lbs by the end of February.

:) I know I can do it, but some weeks I think we all need a little breathing room before getting back to the grind. My plan is pretty flexible anyways but I'm a giant sugar and bread addict so sometimes it's good to take a break and indulge. My goal during these times is not to gain and I didn't!

Well good luck to all! I'll try to catch up on all the posts on here later after I've finished my giant pile of homework.

whollyhick 02-02-2014 07:00 PM

:welcome: :hug:
Glad you could make it! We're just throwing out updates when we can nowadays, so no worries! You're not late! It's the beginning of the month and time to put it in high gear all together! :)

Today I have hives. I think. :/ not positive why, but I have little red dotties all over my torso! I'm not itchy or uncomfortable, or having any other side effects, so, I do not know what would have triggered this nonsense! Haha

Also. I didn't weigh me. I try to consciously eat well and avoid the scale on Sundays. Like a test-run at maintaining! Haha. But. I need to get my arse in gear with the use of my treadmill! Someone threaten me! Please! :club: nah, I know it's my own stupid loss not doing it. So. Time to implement a new habit! Two days in this month already that I haven't done it! :o but! I week is day shift week for husband, so I'll be up at four AM. There aren't many better ways to force yourself to fix your sleep schedule when your duty in life is the friendly a
Arm clock! ;p hahaha

I did, however, create a hot and sour soup reminiscent of the kind you get in Chinese restaurants. And I was overall happy with how that turned out :stir:

For those of you who also are using MFP, if I haven't mentioned, my name is Jakeysmrs, and I'd be happy to have you all as friends on there!! :)

MarliQQ 02-02-2014 11:08 PM

Hi Twins!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Was under my cal goal today and saw some movement on the scale, 228.9, which is great since I have been fluctuating between 229-231 for 2wks straight. I should be happier, but I am withholding excitement, especially since it may go back up. The good thing is that I have never seen my weight fluctuate up more than 2 pounds:goodscale.
I did not work out today, too busy all day, and actually I still am busy, I just decided to take this quick break to check in with you all. I always feel bad when I don't work out, guilty. I only missed one workout last month, so I am already off to a bad start and it is only day 2 of Feb.

whollyhick Maybe the red dots are due to you being allergic to exercise:yikes:....:p. Seriously, that is a real thing though, and it would be a good excuse for why you can't work out ;).

thewalrus0 You are talking to my inner geek, I love tech "junk, and yes the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a KILLER phone, great choice. I am one of those people who think iphones are way overrated. I guarantee you that you will soon forget the size of that phone, everybody does...man that phone has so many cool features...

SamanthaAngela 02-03-2014 12:04 AM

Oh ladies, I'm feeling terribly discouraged x.x. I've been doing so good on eating and making healthy choices and staying under on my calorie intake.. etc etc... but I keep going up in weight! Just weighed myself this morning and I was sitting at 233. *sigh* I mean, I am going through TOM atm, but still just really sucks to work so hard and not a single drop anywhere.

Not giving up by any means, this next week is going to be stricter than before, and I'm going to really start back in on yoga/cardio/strength 4 days a week. So with any luck that'll give things the extra oomph to finally see ANY bit of results. x.x Oy. Wish y'all were my next door neighbors, I need an exercise pal XD

SamanthaAngela 02-03-2014 09:47 AM

And I guess my complaining paid off XD Weighed myself this morning and I'm sitting pretty at 228.5, hey I'll take it :D

MarliQQ 02-03-2014 06:39 PM

Hi twins!!
Drum roll please...:frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan:. ..good enough.

Weighed in at an impressive 225.8! :lol3::lol3::lol3:
^^The weight that I wanted to lose a week ago, I guess it's better than never. I am not going to say I hit my mini goal until I see some stabilization at this weight. But do you guys want to know the real horrible truth?? I am still not satisfied :dizzy:, yeah I sound crazy, but I really don't think I will find that any weight will feel like a victory for me until I get in the 2-teens. I am obsessed with getting down there :drool:. But what is even worse, knowing me, I will move the pendulum of satisfaction even further once I get there, because then I will be :cry:ing for wonderland. I'm loopy...:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

SamanthaAngela Lol Samantha, I wish it was that easy--ask and you shall receive. :flame:Congratulations on the wonderful burn!:flame:

lalaes 02-03-2014 07:28 PM

Hi girlies! I finally got my first weight loss of my restart, 3lbs. I know some of it was probably water weight but it feels good to be back on the way down.

SamanthaAngela Congrats! Whatever works right?;)

MarliQQ Congrats! Swooshes are always both great and a little annoying at the same time.

SamanthaAngela 02-03-2014 08:11 PM

You ladies are doing awesome!!! keep up the good work!! I'm getting a little scale crazy b/c I weighed in again when I got home from work, and now I'm at 231. Meh, I know it's because it's mid-day and I've eaten, etc etc, so it's not bugging me as much as it was XD

Ate meat for the first time in a couple weeks and my stomach is killing me, I wonder if I'm already building up a tolerance against it or if it's something else... hmmmmmm....

whollyhick 02-03-2014 09:57 PM

Hi girls! I'm glad to see we're all on a roll! :) I got to update my ticker todayyy! Hooray for 231.4!! Yay yay yay yay yay!!! AND I got a new job todayyy! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! So lets keep being positive and making magic happen!
Now I need to learn to eat good, pack good lunches for work, AND begin implementing an exercise regimen! yikes! Haha. I'm really really excited for this new chapter! And I'm glad to be sharing my weight loss success with all your lovely faces!! :D

Daimere 02-04-2014 04:14 AM

I forgot to update yesterday. 216.6. Did a leslie dvd that was walk and run. I weighed in at 216.6 again. So I doubt tomorrow it will budge much further. Next week I think I will start training for my 5k. Although I am trying to be active this week. I'm still sore from Sunday. I found out today that I lost the hoop contest I entered a week ago. This week will be busy busy busy. I am doing four more 12s and an 8.