3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Tall Twins to One-derland!

Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #136
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hi Hi Twinnies!

I had a pretty great day today, I glimpsed the 2 teens!!
I weighed-in at 219.8!--and remember, I had McDonalds yesterday, but apparently it did not prevent me from reaching my goal, ensuring that my ten pound a month trend is still active!
Tomorrow I plan on taking a day off from working out, I will allow myself that. Not so much because of today, but because a new phase of my workout is supposed to begin tomorrow, so I figured I'd let myself heal some before....well death.

paigeinabook Congratulations on the 5 pounds!!
I know you are excited! How long do you plan on doing Medifast? And hey regarding the breath issue, have you ever considered baking soda? I use that to brush my tongue every once in a while, which does a great job for clearing up oral issues. Actually once a week, I make a baking soda and lemon paste to brush my teeth with--a great whitener.

thewalrus0 The 230's were also hard for me, and specifically 235. I plateaued there for weeks, and got so frustrated and disheartened, because I felt like all my hard work was for naught. So I know you can do it!!
And I hope you do get some sleep , because that can affect your weight loss as well.

25lbs Lost~(02/08/2014)***Onederland by June 24~(05/12/2014)***Front & Back Split~(Incomplete)
75lbs Lost~(Incomplete)***100lbs Lost~(Incomplete)***Run 5.0mph~(Incomplete)

"There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise"
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #137
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/150

Well I'm back under 235!

I really think with all the changes in my life my sleep was very much affected. When I don't get enough sleep I just eat and eat.

I am very happy to be back on the low end of the 230's and I'm really looking forward to the 220's.

I hope everyone is doing well!

thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #138
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls!

I've noticed how much I suck at being here. new job still giving me trouble learning to have a routine, rental car because Javier and I got into a little wreck. And I'm just sortof unhappy and I don't know why!
I can't figure myself out. I have lost all motivation. I still eat well, or, better than most, but something is causing me to want to binge, and it's really irritating! I just want to get these freaking goals under control!

Although. At work. A girl who I share an office with, is also on a weightloss crusade, and we decided we want to work together and annihilate 20 pounds by Easter. So, if anyone out there has the gumtion to hoin me, or more, drag me to potentially hitting said goal., that'd be great. :run:

Keep me updated, gals, I'm crappy at MFP lately too, and I don't even check my Facebook or update my twitter like I used to, so, idk what to do with me. I'm having a shitfit in my life, apparently... Blah

whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #139
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/150

Don't worry about it Whollychick, sometimes life holds us back.

I've been hovering between 233 and 237 for two weeks due to on and off bad eating and it's driving me insane!

The most important thing I learned for myself is to set up the right conditions. Stress, sleep, personal fulfillment...these are all things that tend to make or break me, particularly the sleep part.

For me I need a consistent sleep schedule and average stress levels to do well consistently. If I'm stressed for too long or go without sleep my chances of binging go up immensely. That's just something I've had to learn about myself.

People will put it all up to willpower and motivation but that's simply not true. Human beings are incredibly complex. Most of our thoughts and feelings and actions are driven by hormones which control our thought processes. If those are messed up it can make it almost impossible to do something your body is fighting you over. Hormones are affected by everything. Substances we put in our body, the food we eat, the amount of sleep we get, the amount of stress we're feeling, health conditions...

It's really very interesting and complicated. So when you're sitting there wondering what is pushing you to binge it could be any number of things and it's not your fault if you're feeling out of control. The best thing to do is start tweaking your conditions and try to find what's causing it. Then when you figure it out try to make it a priority to have the best conditions possible for yourself. It won't always be easy but it is worthwhile.

thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #140

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies!!

Just checking in quickly between work, studying and class today. I hear you guys about the bingeing thing.... I have been really craving food a lot lately (I think it may be a combo of convenience plus a little bit of a lack of sleep).

I find that if I chug a crap ton of water when I get those thoughts and feelings (and stay away from the kitchen!!) I can overcome them. Every moment spent training your mind toward your end goal is better met later when you reach the scale.

Medifast is more or less routine to me now. I'm finding it hard to get all 6 of my meals in (they told me it would happen but I hardly could believe that in the beginning). The hardest part of the day is between the late AM hours and early afternoon hours. My body just seems hungriest at this time. I think I need to have my lean and green meal during this time frame than any other time because I don't want to deal with hunger pangs for another who-knows-how-many months.

I guess this time of year is super busy for everybody! I hope to see y'all checking in sometime this week!

Have a productive week!

My weight loss blog:
makeupandmedifast.blogspot.com
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #141
"Evolution Required"

Hello Twins!

So I have pretty much not worked out and gone over on my cals for the past 5 days, so yeah the one rest day turned into 5 . It was worth it, I pretty much maintained within 1 pound, so no harm done. Just felt like I needed that break before my new workout routine. And it is worth it, because I began the next phase today and it kicked my butt! I felt so weak today and I can't wait until it becomes quite a bit easier.

whollyhick I cannot tell you, what will work for you. I can tell you, however, what works for me. Keeping a diary, consistent posting on forums like this one, thinking about the anxiety I will have if I don't reach my mini goal in time, and--well--me. I actually hate catching a glimpse of my bpdy in the mirror at certain......angles. [TMI ALERT]!!!!!!!!! So what I do, is stand naked in front of the mirror and do a 360. It is not that I hate my body so very much, or am disgusted--I just find that it is a better reminder of what work is left to do.

thewalrus0 I know you can do it, and I'm not just saying that because it is a nice thing to say. We just have to get beyond feeling like it's an uphill battle from one decade to another. I am starting to truly believe that most of us are doing everything right, but it is the scale that tells us different. And we say the scale is a liar , but we still want to believe, so we get discouraged. I have come to understand that much better recently, because, honestly, for me I noticed that eating super well, exercising really hard, or changing routines, have a hit or miss ratio that is so random that it can be up to chance when it comes to the scale. We do not control the scale as much as we think we do. I just think if we continue with our healthy changes, the scale will follow....just not at the speed we want, unless we go to the extremes.

paigeinabook I am also dealing with some cravings, but mine's is because TOM is a week away and I get like that .

25lbs Lost~(02/08/2014)***Onederland by June 24~(05/12/2014)***Front & Back Split~(Incomplete)

Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #142
"Evolution Required"

Hey Twinnies!

So I was under my cals and even took the time to try my hand at a recipe made primarily of chicken and couscous. I have suddenly become a couscous addict----don't ask me why. I even completed a full workout today, and my gosh, with this new phase in my workout program I feel so weak!
Anyways I am boiling over with excitement, because for the first time, wonderland by my birthday is a real tangible goal . And that, my twins, feels real damn good .

Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #143

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

MarliQQ -- YOU ARE AWESOME! I am always so happy when I see that you are consistently under your cals for the day It's a great feeling staying on track!

When is your birthday? Is it June like the rest of us? (almost all of us anyways ha)
I know you can get to ONE-derland by then!! And losing 10 pounds a month is awesome!! ESP in February!!

I am just so excited today and I love where my weight loss is taking me. I lost another 4 pounds this week and I'm down a total of 15 pounds since I started my journey on January 12 of this year! I didn't think I would be this determined, but I have happily surprised myself.

My weight loss blog:
makeupandmedifast.blogspot.com
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #144

S/C/G: 200/190/160

Height: 5'7"

My twin sister turned me onto this site, so I thought I would come by to say hello. I'm Emily, paigeinabook's twin. I am 5'7" so I'm shorter than she is, but still tall. I am doing medifast with her, and am already seeing results. Within the last 2 weeks, I've lost 3 inches in my waist and 4 inches in my hips.

I'm also getting married in May, and I do want to look good in a wedding dress, of course. I started out at 200 pounds (heaviest I have ever been!), and am hoping to get down to about 160 or 155. Maybe this is the wrong place to post, but I just wanted to be around my sister… hope y'all don't mind.
sailor_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #145
"Evolution Required"

Hey Twinzies!

So the new phase in my workout program is still kicking my butt, I am just astonished at how weak I am with holding my own body weight in various positions. I know the reason I am so frustrated is because I can definitely recall a time when workouts like this weren't hard, and even remember specifically doing similar moves and just being winded--rather than feeling as if I am dying . On the plus side, I am noticing that my knees seem to be handling all the jumping, kneeling and lunges a lot better. I think at my weight you have to be careful with that--I like to imagine my knees screaming at me every time I jump or run .

paigeinabook Yeah my birthday is June 24th, not a Gemini like most everybody--a Cancer. So I plan to be definitely in Onederland by that time.
And , great weight loss!!! That is the kind of excitement you need right now .

sailor_em
Your sister said she had a twin !! Welcome, Welcome! This site and MFP honestly are the best support I have, except I can honestly say that I have not met any jerks here. 3FC keeps consistently reminding me that I have a goal, this is for me, and I'm not alone. I definitely suggest staying active if you need support--other than your twin of course . Congratulations on your weight loss .

Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #146
"Evolution Required"

Hello Twin Twins.

Okay so I think I may be plateauing, but after February any previous patterns I had for weight loss have been erased . So I am in a wait-and-see phase. I am just getting so impatient. I want Onderland now !
I was under my cals, had a slice of too--I think I am slightly addicted to pizza by the way, or maybe just bread...I could not imagine a diet for myself that did not consist of either .
Today was a pure cardio day, so no I'm gonna die moments.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #147
"Evolution Required"

Hey Twinnies!

So I had a pretty good day scale wise, my most recent new low 217.8 . But it is my typical loss right before the start of TOM--and yes TOM is early. Funny how my weight loss has been contradicting the experience of other women. Usually the loss comes after. Me on the other hand, I get a small loss before and woosh more than a week after TOM. Weirdo...
Under cals today, yay me, was necessary, I did not work out today, hormones....don't ask....We will see if I can muster up some energy for tomorrow. It could also be that I was too pooped from the birthday party I went to last night. Party started at 9, I got there at 10 and left at 10:30.... I wish that was the case

Old 03-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #148

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Hi All. Sorry for so many days absent! I broke into Onederland territory today but I feel jiggly and grosser than ever. I need to kick this into high gear, only 3 months until I had hoped to reach the highest end of normal BMI.

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
- 30lbs & Onederland- March 10 2014
- Overweight BMI- March 11 2014
Adjusted short term goal - weigh 175lbs by June 2014
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #149
"Evolution Required"

Hi Twins

I am so freaking annoyed by my weigh-ins, measurements, mentality, energy levels, motivation,
But maybe this was the I needed....I am such a whiner sometimes, so I know my situation is not as bad as I make out to be, but I certainly could be doing better.
Worked out today and was under cals today--I even planned for my ice cream session minus crying, THANK GOD! Just deep intensive thought , because this weight loss thing is not the only thing in my life going awry .

Paisleymama So Happy For You! Glad someone has some good news . I cannot wait until I can claim wonderland as well. And I too also am finding that I am worrying about flab--but I am still at a point where I can't tell if it is all in my mind or an actual "thing" happening to me. I tend to exaggerate body related issues.

Last edited by MarliQQ : 03-11-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #150

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

MarliQQ - I seriously didn't think it was going to happen. Because I feel so terrible I had convinced myself that I must have gained 10 pounds in two weeks. I've been lathering my skin with bio oil and willing myself to work out, but it hasn't happened yet. ((Big Hugs)) I hope things start looking up for you soon. I'm in one of those places at the moment, too. It can be very overwhelming and demotivating. One foot in front of the other, you'll get through this

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
- 30lbs & Onederland- March 10 2014
- Overweight BMI- March 11 2014
Adjusted short term goal - weigh 175lbs by June 2014
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.