Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #121  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Rie Sounds like your last week of work was a good one. It's always nice to know that you were valued and cared for!

Dott Your Dad sounds awesome! So nice of him to try to show you that you're doing better than you think. My husband and I are planning a trip to yellowstone and glacier national park next summer and we really need to find some places with some incline to get used to hiking. We live in super-flat Kansas so hills are kinda few and far between.

I've been super sick since Monday with Nausea and vomiting. Not sure what's wrong, but hopefully I am on the mend. I haven't been able to workout at all! So I am way behind on my Phase 3 exercise goal. I'll probably put off starting it until this weekend. Phase 3 nutrition is complete though!

On the scale side of things. . . I have finally reached my 20 lbs down goal which is 1/5 of the way to my goal of losing 100 lbs. I convinced my hubby that as a reward he gets to buy me a new hoodie to get me through the rest of the winter and early spring weather.

Last edited by kailpea; 03-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Kailpea-20lbs is awesome! Congrats you're doing so well Your trip to yellowstone and glacier sounds awesome. I'm planning on probably going backpacking in yellowstone this summer with my dad. Even if there aren't any hills around you can still work out the muscles you use hiking at steep inclines by doing lots of lunges and squats I'm sorry you've been so sick, hope you're feeling better!

So far this week has been really good exercise and eating wise. Scale is holding at a dumb number but TOM is starting and I'm not letting it bother me! I'm so excited tomorrow to go to Catalina Island to visit my friend. Will be doing lots of snorkeling, hiking, and kayaking while there! I really need a new swimsuit and am going to attempt to try buying one again. I went a few weeks ago and tried a bunch on and it was…bad It would be really nice if my weight dropped tomorrow for my weigh in, I'm going a little lower then normal calories wise today to try and move it along.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I keep trying to write really nice long personal replies, then running out of time! I'm still here, going on holiday next week but I'll be back, with a snazzy pyramid full of goals and I'll make time to join in properly!

Have a fab weekend and week and i'll try to catch up with everyone when I get back
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #124  

Computer is broken so can only update on phone I finished goal 3 for fitness and nutrition. So far those were the easiest for me. Have a feeling these next ones will be harder. I went to add my new goals but it won't let me on my phone. I'm still tracking on my own though hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #125  
Katherine

Argh! What a rough week last week. Didn't get to the gym at all. And this week so far has been all school and extra hours at work. Going to TRY TRY TRY to get to the gym tonight after work. Hopefully I won't be too tired. I was on such a good roll and then between apartment problems and illness I stopped going to the gym. I feel like all my good habits have been lost!

So currently working on:
Phase 3 Exercise: Cardio 3x per week, Strength 2x per week
Phase 4 nutrition: No red meat, No high fructose corn syrup, No carbonated beverages (plus 2 vegetarian days per week, and 8 glasses of water a day).

Been kinda skimping on the water. I need to get that back up there too.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm so close to my first goal and I'm very proud of myself for sticking to it. I think this might be the first time I've ever come close to completing a goal.
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #127  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone!

My hamstrings hurt today! Monday was my first official training day and I really enjoyed it. I surprised myself at what I was capable of in fact! Today I am going to go through the circuit again on my own. I'm frusterated at the scale as it has been the same 5 lbs up and down, up and down! grrr! I've adjusted my calories a bit, to just under 1600 for regular days and I plan for 1800+ on gym days (Adding in a loaded smoothie after workouts.)

I've been REALLY good about measuring everything (Veggies I eyeball), still drinking 100+ oz of water and have been working HARD at the gym. I'd really really like it if the scale would reward me soon! I'm just going to keep tweaking until I can bust through the stupid 250's already!

Ohh I'm also really excited to start Yoga tonight! Hopefully I can stretch out these tight hammies!

Kailpea - Dude! Way to bust out of the 250's! You'll find your groove again!

MrsDeenz - way to go!!!

Dott - Oh noes! Broken computers suck! swimsuit shopping is terrible isn't it (I dislike all clothes shopping at this point ) Congrats on completing your goals too! And that sounds like a great day planned with your friend (swimsuit woes aside )

themilesawaygirl - have a great holiday!!!!

Rie - What a great last week at work, it sounds like so many people are going to miss you. I love your daily plan! I sometimes have to break down my days like that in order to actually accomplish things too lol. You're starting a new chapter and I'm sure it going to be totally amaze-balls
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #128  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey hey everyone!

Personal stuff first: Things are a bit touch and go! Starting to slip into really bad habits, such as waking up super late and not getting much done as a result. Takes me ages to function as a human when I wake up! I have done some productive things though, so I can't be too hard on myself. I've been reading a lot more, which has been really nice. I also scouted my new area for a running route. Found a nice park that's 0.75 miles away, so went there with my camera just to have a look and take some snippets of film. Put together a really stupid video but shooting/editing was really fun even if it didn't result in much!!

As for my weight, I stepped on the scale last week when I said I would and weighed in at 164.9 lbs. Ouch! I was around 162 lbs when I weighed in before I got fired! But then I stepped on it again today and it said 163.1 lbs, so heading in the right direction at least! I think I'm going to start weighing myself on Monday and Friday from here on out.
My nutritional goal has been going well, living with other people and cooking for them is pretty awesome in relation to my stick to meal plan goal. I can't be lazy and get a takeaway/ready meal because others depend on me! It's just the weekends I have to reign it in since I spend it with the boyfriend who is generally quick to go out for food instead of cooking.
My exercise goal of strength training once a week has not happened yet. But I still have 2 days to go so there is time!

Physically I have started to suffer from the weight gain/lack of activity. I have an old lower back injury that really flares up if I don't stay active. Today it's been giving me a lot of grief, so my body is actually telling me to get out there and do something! So I'm going to go for a run tomorrow, I have to or the pain will only get worse.

Still trying to get a grip on life and getting into a good routine that includes exercise, so it's very much still in the trial and error stage. But you know what? I really want to be thin! I just really want to feel awesome in my body, I want to feel epic in my clothes. It was kinda weird but I was watching The Hours and when Claire Danes's character came on screen I was kind of blown away at how thin she looked DESPITE wearing baggy pants and a sweater. Her outfit wasn't tight or revealing yet I could still tell she had a great figure underneath, I couldn't help but think - that's what I want!! I don't want to flaunt my body but I want to feel like I don't have to hide flabby bits under a waist band or with a hoody, you know? Random thought!

---------------

Dott - That's so great that you had an awesome hike and I really hope that it's true that your Dad planned it on purpose!! Are you sure you're not being too hard on yourself regarding trying on swim suits? I mean, I've seen some of your pictures when you've been wearing underwear (you had it on your profile page for a while) and your body looks AWESOME! You are beautiful and have such an amazing body. You've achieved so much and come so far, so please revel in the amazingness that is YOU! I unlocked the next phase for you to track! I hope your computer gets fixed soon, I'll miss your replies until then!

kailpea - Huge congrats on 20 lbs down, that's amazing!! So sorry you got sick, that sounds awful =(. I know how you feel with life getting in the way of exercise, I'm right there with you! We've got to get back on the horse soon though, right?! Let's do it together!

MrsDeenz - Well done! Couldn't help but notice your info isn't on the spreadsheet, you should put it up there so we can see your goals =D.

Silver - Wow, sounds like you've been working out like a machine! Not sure why the scale isn't budging, if you're drinking enough water and eating enough protein then I'm sure you'll see results soon. Sometimes it takes a break from exercise for your body to get that delicious WHOOSH on the scale. I loved Yoga, but I was always terrified of farting loudly in a room full of people!! All the gas just comes out when I stretch!!

milesawaygirl - Have an awesome holiday! See you when you get back!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 03-14-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #129  

Kailpea- Sorry you're having a rough time, hope everything is back to normal now!

MrsDeenz-Great job!

Silverfire-You are doing so well! Seriously, I always find reading your posts so inspiring Keep up the amazing work.

Rie-Thank you. Yeah I do have a tendency to be a bit hard on myself. It seems like you've been getting a good feel for your new area and life there. That's great there's a park so close Weekends are soooo hard for me too. My bf always encourages me to "let go" and so the weekends are really my downfall :/ We just need to be strong and keep our long term goals in mind and I'm sure we will beat the weekend curse! I love The Hours I understand what you mean just wanting to feel comfortable and not like you're trying to hide anything with clothes. I feel like when most people talk about their goal outfit they usually have something super sexy or risqué planned but for me it would simply be jeans and a t-shirt. I want to feel slim and confident in that haha

I took this week off from the challenge so will start phase 4 on Monday. I was still mindful though, didn't go totally crazy or anything. My trip to Catalina was AMAZING. Did so much exercise(hiking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, general frolicking along the beach) and my weight totally jumped after but now has dropped down again. I did my measurements and I've lost .5 in off my hips so I know I am getting smaller despite what the scale says.
I realize if I want to lose weight I really need to drop my calories and not go over at all on the weekends. That's what phase 4 starts getting into for me, not cheating on the weekends. I think its really going to be what I need to drop this last bit of weight.
I'm including some pics from Catalina. One with me and my friend on the dock, one with us on a boat, then me on a beach in an old bikini(couldn't stomach any of the ones I tried on so stuck with last years suit).

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1014094_10201957104662828_2069030387_n.jpg (19.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1978791_10201957105422847_866338381_n.jpg (28.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg bikini 3.jpg (63.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #130  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Well hello everyone!

I'm back, finally! Lord, a lot has happened and it's taken a toll on my body. I can't seem to be able to recommit. I need a big fat kick in the bootay, so I figured I'd return to 3FC to look for a challenge and I wasn't disappointed to find yours Riestrella

Exercise isn't the problem for me. DH and I go to the gym 4 times a week. I run about 3 miles and lift weights - every time. It's the food that I've been eating. I work part-time at McDonald's (yeah...right?) and snacking has been a HUGE problem. Some french fries here, a chicken nugget there, some ice cream after I get out, you tell me. I start the day off right by eating a healthy breakfast but the rest of the day just...sucks. And the thing is, obviously I know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get my stupid mind to refocus on wanting to be healthy.

So, enough said. Here are my goals.

Nutrition:
- Don't snack at work (1)
- Don't buy junk food (2)
- Eat vegetables with every meal (3)
- Cut carbs for dinner (4)
- Watch portions (5)

Exercise:
- Stretch for 10min after every workout session (1)
- Weigh-in every 2 weeks (2)
- Start measuring. Every 2 weeks on Sundays (3)
- Focus on arms at least twice a week (4)
- Take one class a week (5)

Last edited by Hoopty; 03-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #131  
Katherine

Welcome Hoopty! So good to see some new faces joining the challenge. It has helped me a lot! I totally get the snacking throughout the day problem. I used to work in a doctor's office and there was always food. Most days we had breakfast AND lunch catered to us by drug reps, and someone ALWAYS had snacks in the break room. In the year that I worked that job, I gained 60 lbs! Gym 4 times a week! Wow! You have that down!

DottOh my god! You look awesome! And the beach looks amazing. I'm landlocked, and its been way too long since I have been to a beach.

Rie Sounds like you're settling into a good routine and I totally agree. . . I want to be able to where baggy comply clothes and not feel like a complete fat frump.

Well, I ended up deciding I was going to pause both of my challenges this week because it was such and insane week again. I actually did really well even so from the nutritional side of things until yesterday. Yesterday was a complete blow out. In the morning I went to breakfast with my BFF. Didn't do too bad, Had a veggie breakfast skillet and coffee. After that hubby drove to three hours Kansas City for a Major League Soccer game had lunch a a new restaurant that we wanted to try: I had a vegan blackbean, lentil and golden beat burger and sweet potato fries. Sounds like diet food. . . It was not. And Dinner was even worse. Paying for it today. . . 249.2! But I will not change my ticker! I will not!

My BFF sent me some goofy photos she took of me about 2 years ago when I was about 200 lbs. I remember actually feeling really good and confident at that weight, even though I still needed to lose about 20-30 lbs to be at a healthy weight for my height. I can't wait to get to that weight again.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #132  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys,

Life sure does love to throw some dodgeballs at us doesn't it? I found out today that one of my dear friends has passed away. Back when I was a teenager I would talk to him almost every day when I would waste hours on AIM/MSN talking to my American friends. When I was 18 I went to Colorado to visit my now boyfriend for the first time, my friend said to me that he was going to visit family and that he would pass through Colorado so we could hang out for a day or 2. I found out that he didn't actually have any family to visit, but that he made the trip all the way from Arizona to Colorado by car just to see me for a few days. He was that kind of friend.

As the years went on and I hit Uni I began to be online less and our contact started to lessen too. But I would always try and send an email his way to let him know that I was thinking about him, that he was still my dear friend and I wanted to hear all about his life. It was last week that the thought popped in my head: "I haven't heard from Sean in a while, I really should send him an email." But I put it off for another day thinking nothing of it, now it's one of the biggest mistakes I'll ever make. I should have sat down and made the time when I thought about it, so please if you're reading this and you haven't reached out to a dear old friend for a while but think you really should - just do it.

Despite being the most lovely, generous, funny and talented man that he was he was plagued with anxiety issues. He was also very much obese, weighing close to 500 lbs. Although there hasn't been an autopsy yet, the information I received was that he went to sleep and just didn't wake up. He suffered from sleep apnea and had to have a machine to assist with his breathing, but he was at a friends house and just fell asleep without it. But needless to say, his weight is probably the biggest reason he passed so soon at just the age of 29.

So as I think about my own health and my own weight loss, I can't help but add another reason to lose this weight and be happy. A reason to take this opportunity to become a better person, to take life by the hand and drag it into the direction I want to go kicking and screaming. Not just for me, but for Sean. I want to do this for my own happiness, but also in his honour because he won't get the chance to turn his life around like he always talked about. I'll miss him deeply and I'll never forget him.

------------

Dott - I think it's good to "let go" but perhaps just for one meal, you know? I know how it goes, the weekend comes around and you just wanna relax and let loose. But a cheat night can turn into a cheat day will turn into a cheat weekend! All that work undone...bah, I know it all too well! I really want to work on just having one treat meal a weekend and treating it like any other day. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wants to feel comfortable in normal clothes! I made a thread about the one outfit you want to rock and I was happy to hear that so many dittoed my "jeans and a tank top/tshirt" combo! That's so great that you had an awesome trip, and gosh darnit girl, you look FANTASTIC! Despite the thoughts I read here you ooze this confidence, just let your mind catch up!!

Hoopty - Yay, you're back and with goals! Oh man...I worked for 2 weeks at the BK Lounge (Burger King) and those free drinks/heavily discounted meals were a nightmare to resist. I'm glad that it was only 2 weeks (ended up not turning up one day because I hated it and then getting fired, whoops! But I was at Uni so I didn't care about a job ;p) but I hear your pain! I worked at a cinema too, the food there was easier to resist because it all looked kinda gross to me! You know what's going wrong though, so if you can stick to your goals you will lose weight FAST with all the workouts you do.

kailpea - Don't worry about the fail day, we've all been there. The weight fluctuation will easily be remedied by getting back on plan! Sometimes it's nice to see ourselves at a healthier, happier time as a little boost. Because you did it, you got there! So you can do it again =D. You'll be there before you know it!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Riestrella I'm so sorry for your loss
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #134  

Hoopty-Hey! Glad you're joining

Kailpea-Thanks! I love the ocean. You will be at that weight again soon! You've been doing really well. I had to take a break for last week too, I think its important to know your limits and take breaks so you don't end up burning out.

Rie- I'm so sorry. Reading about your friend Sean just broke my heart. Try not to beat yourself up too much, I'm sure he always knew how much you cared and loved him. I think using this as another reason to keep on with your efforts is wonderful. I'm sure your friend would want you to continue with your health efforts and live the most full life possible. My deepest condolences to you <3 Regarding weekends-yeah I had gotten them under control and realized cheats don't work for me, but its so hard and now I've fallen back into that habit. I think cheats are my number one struggle, but I'm working on it. Haha people tell me that I come off as very confident in person, I WISH my mind would catch up!

So this week is going well. I've realized I need to be honest with myself and that if I want to lose anymore weight I'm going to have to give up cheats once and for all. I was doing well with it a little over a month ago, but totally slipped back into it after my concert. So no more cheats! I would much rather be happy and healthy than give into weekend cravings. I just wish my bf would be a little more supportive, he doesn't really want me to lose any more weight and encourages me to give in I need to talk with him about it again and fully explain to him how I need to do this for myself. Have a great rest of your week everyone!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #135  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello everyone!

Well, I caved. I made a bikini ready challenge for 2014. I still would love for people to join this pyramid challenge but I had multiple people saying to me how much they were looking forward to a summer challenge and how it's really helped in previous years, so I just couldn't resist helping others! If you feel like signing up to the bikini ready challenge, then please do! But I really hope you will still participate in this thread as well! I think we've got quite a nice little group here =). Here's the link to the bikini challenge!

I have successfully completed my phase 2 nutrition goal!! I didn't have any ready meals for the last 2 weeks! It was pretty easy now I've moved in with my friends who I cook for, but now onto phase 3...DON'T BUY JUNK FOOD! Ahhh! This might be a little difficult for me as I am prone to a bit of chocolate or a bag of chips from time to time. But I specifically made the goal to say don't BUY junk food, since if someone else has bought something and offers me a small portion then I am allowed to say yes! But the goal is to stop me from porking on an entire portion all to myself.

As for my exercise goal, I'm still slowly getting back into the exercise game and my back is still giving me a bit of grief for being lazy for so long. But this week I ran twice! I even managed to improve my time last Saturday by 1 minute 11 seconds! Woohoo! I'm currently doing a 5K training program and it has NO strength days listed. But I think I'll replace the Sunday long walk with a strength session in the future so I'm not stuck on phase 2 for ages!

I keep forgetting to weigh myself so I have no idea if my weight has gone down or not this week...but I'm going to KOREA tomorrow! It's just for a long weekend, but it should be good fun! I'm going with my housemates and my boyfriend. I still need to pack. So I will be gone until Tuesday! Kinda gutted that I won't be able to workout while I'm away but I'm sure the hours of walking around and sight seeing with be a mini workout in itself.

Have an amazing weekend ladies, hope you all keep crushing it with this challenge!

---

MrsD - Thank you *hug*

Dott - Thank you, I know he was always really proud of my weight loss when I began this crazy journey. I hope I can continue to succeed to make him proud of me even more so! When you say cheats, do you mean cheat meals or cheat days? I'm a pretty firm believer in no cheat days, but I think it's nice to have a cheat meal. Helps keep us sane since food is unfortunately made to be delicious even when it's terrible for our insides! That's a shame about your boyfriend, I think talking to him will help the problem. But I'm sure he's just so happy with how far you've come and doesn't want you to be unhappy until you're SUPER skinny. I have the opposite problem with my boyfriend, he's gotten a LOT better but he used to be quite pushy with me to work out more. He says it's because when I'm working out consistently I'm at my happiest (which is true) but I just kept taking it personally like he just wanted to see me lose weight. It's hard to have your partner in that part of your world when they don't really understand what's really going on, so I can relate to you in that sense. I've had many a serious discussion about backing off and letting me do my own thing!