Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Silverfire-Great job with the water intake! Don't be so hard on yourself with the exercise though! You're doing so well and should be very proud, give it time and you will see more progress For the knees-can you ask a trainer at your gym to watch you and make sure you're doing the squats right? Or look at a video on line and watch yourself in a mirror? Hope they feel better!

Rie- We all make mistakes and you have been going through a VERY difficult time. I'm actually amazed at how strong you are dealing with the job stuff and living in another country and only being able to see your bf on the weekends. We all act out when we're scared and feel cornered, so please don't feel too upset and ashamed at yourself. It was very courageous of you to admit what you had done and it truly shows how much your boyfriend loves and adores you that he forgave you. I know I have lots of fleeting thoughts, like you I'd never tell another person, but boys are different and we all have different personalities so I think it was right of you to accept your boyfriends answer that it was just thinking out loud type stuff. I totally understand you taking a break from the challenge, and you've put this challenge together so well I think it really is the type that taking breaks works. Focus on you during this time. Get done what you need to get done and make sure you're taking proper care of yourself. So sorry for all you've been going through, keep us posted! <3

kailpea-keep up the good work! Any yummy ideas for your two veggie days this week?

Concert is tonight! Weight is dumb. Weekend was a bit too free eating wise. Had an amazing valentines day. Bf brought me a beautiful bouquet of red roses, a very pretty card with a love note, and then took me out to BJ's where I had this amazing berry cider. I had wine earlier too, so it was like my once a month drink night Just was really hungry all weekend and tried to make good choices, but things didn't go entirely as planned. Was a wonderful weekend though! I'm not expecting a loss this friday because of my weekend, but its ok. This was my first Valentines with my bf and I really only eat like this a few times a year.

For exercise I'm going to need to change my goal to hiking 2x/wk instead of running because of knee issues coming up. But I have been exercising more in general so that's good
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #92  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! So I introduced a new rule for the spreadsheet - only those who have passed a phase can add their information to the next phase spreadsheet. It makes things a lot easier! I think I might update the first post to make it seem like anyone is welcome at any time, it'd be great to get some more people involved!

Things with my boyfriend improved a LOT over the past day. He was texting me his thoughts, he was talkative when I phoned him after work and he has been a lot more chatty. So, I'm happy that things are on the mend. I was worried after yesterday it would take him a long time to forgive me, so I'm relieved it didn't last that long.

Today I took a big cardboard box from work to use in the move and a cat followed me home! It kept rubbing up against me and meowing loads. When I opened up my front door to put my bag in, it dashed into my apartment! It was so funny seeing a cat in my little apartment =). I've never had a cat and have had generally bad experiences with them, so I was a little flustered! But it was so friendly that I managed to pick it up and plop it outside without a scratch. Then it meowed outside my door for a few hours! Silly kitty. But it made me smile!

-----------

kailpea - Yeah, I don't think he can relate to the body issues I have. He says he gets frustrated because he feels like he'll tell me he thinks I'm beautiful and then I'll say I think I'm ugly. I can see his point, but I don't think it's something he should necessarily get angry about! But he knew that snapping at me was wrong. It's actually kind of nice knowing that you're the same as him, because sometimes I'm paranoid that it's something I'm doing wrong! I can understand alone time though, while not as solitary as most I do need a break from people once in a while to just collect myself. You're right, I should definitely drink water still, I've been so bad!

Dott - You always know the right thing to say to me to make me feel better! Can I have you on speed dial?! Thank you <3. You're right, the fact that he forgave me and even said he'd have second thoughts leaving me if I cheated says so much! So glad you had a wonderful weekend before your performance! I'm glad you're not beating yourself up over it, you've accepted it wasn't a great "healthy" weekend but that you had a great time. I can't wait to hear all about your performance! Please send a link to any video you get! It's going to be epic!!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #93  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Happy Tuesday All! I sure do love long weekends and short work weeks!

Have got up to about 35 seconds of plank, so I am still SLOWLY progressing there After spending about half an hour on Friday googleing proper squat form and some ways to make them a little less painful, I put my new squat knowledge to use at work that night. I don't know how many I did, but I took every opportunity to squat! Things like taking bus bins from the bottom shelf instead of top. Over a 4 hour shift, I really felt the burn! Saturday was another 10 hour shift on my feet, 22,000 steps by the end of it all. Sooo much squatting that night too, Ouch! I was too hurtin' on Sunday for more squats, but I did my plank and I am going to call that a success. I think I am going to just add planks and squats to my regular gym routine so cutting it down to 3 times a week. Reducing carbs I think is going to be a big challenge for me. I love bread. So much. That being said, I think I will start with 3 days a week for the first week, then 4, then 5. I am hoping that will help me ease into it, and allow me a bit more wiggle room for figuring out how and where I can cut more carbs! After lunch today I will have about 20 carbs left NO idea what I am going to make for dinner!

Yesterday was our valentines day - we celebrated with Fuddruckers, Yogen Fruz and Rocky Mountain Chocolates... It was not a low calorie day by any means, but it was wonderful! Then we went to walmart and bought an ironing board! So romantic

Rie - So glad that you and your BF have smoothed things out, I couldn't imagine your stress levels these last couple of weeks. I think you handled it a whole lot better than I would have in your shoes D'awww you made new a new kitty friend!! Cardboard is the best way to lure cats (Mine is mad at me right now because I recycled "his" box... to be fair though, there was hardly any of it left after he squashed/shredded it, and I was tired of vacuuming up little bits of box all the time!! lol) Cats are awesome

Dott - How did your concert go?? Looking forward to checking it out when you post a link - Currently I go to the cheapo gym, no trainers or anything like that so I'm on my own there! I am looking at upgrading to a fancy shmancy gym with classes and such for the next phase tho I am hoping to have mastered squats long before then! Sounds like you had a fantastic valentines day with your beau!

kailpea - You are doing AWESOME! Your couple of walks there really pushed your steps up last week! I was worried you were going to pass me!!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #94  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Dottington How did the concert go?

Rie I agree about getting more people involved. I am really surprised that more people haven't taken up this challenge. then again, I think it requires a tad bit more time commitment than a weekly weighin challenge, so maybe that's why.

Silver I might have to try doing planks and squats on my non exercise days. I'm pretty sure I would have to modify my plank though so I was on my elbows rather than my wrists. My wrists are so week. My husband and I love bread too. . . and its super hard not including a bread product in meals. I am trying to stick to under 100 carbs this week to see if it gets me out of my cycle I am in. It's going to be a low step day for me so I am certain you'll maintain your lead. I'm not going to lie, I though yesterday that I might pass you, but it never happened.
--------

Sweet Success. I have completed my 2nd exercise Goal. Nothing is better than rocking something that you failed the first time around. I spent 40 minutes doing a rotation on all the machines at the gym. I'm pretty sore today, My husband recommended that I make a spread sheet and keep track of what I am doing as far as strength training, so I will probably do that this week. I keep track of everything else, so it makes sense to keep track of that as well.

Planning to have my veggie day today. I actually have been eating vegetarian for breakfast and lunch the past few weeks and then so dinner has been the only thing I have had to worry about. I'm trying to lower my carb intake so that was a little difficult finding things to incorporate into that goal. But for Breakfast I have been having a BlackBean Breakfast Burrito, Lunch has been a Chickpea salad with fennel, mustard seed, lemon, greek yogurt, mint and cilantro over a bed of spinach and dinner today with be a Vegan Chipotle Black-Eyed Pea Soup.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #95  

Kailpea - Your lunch and dinner sound amazing! I think I'm coming to your house for dinner! I'm pretty sure that planking is all done on the elbows, other wise its just a half a push up? lol I have no idea really. Anyway, go for it! Damn its hard though. I should be tracking those better come to think of it! Oh Speaking of tracking!! You should check out the app JEFIT for tracking your weighs and whatnot. Its free I guess I didn't realize just how much I rely on carbs for "fast" food! When I think about making dinner the first sides that pop into my head are usually rice or spuds (fast and easy!) I gotta get back into a better salad routine. Prepping my veggies earlier in the week maybe You almost had me yesterday in steps, we were neck and neck for a while there. I worked until 9:30 and the last part of the night is hauling booze back to the cooler, so lots of walking! Today is gym day, strength and C25K so hopefully I'll break 10,000! Phew I am going to be beat tonight.

I'm extra motivated for getting steps in now with a whole bunch of firbit friends from work. I have to beat them all!! Muh hahahaha!
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #96  

Rie-So glad you and your bf are doing better That's so cute about the kitty! Yeah I agree it'd be great if we could get some more people into the challenge. Maybe changing the title saying people are welcome to join at anytime or something like that?

Silver-So many steps! Gosh you are so active at your job and that's so brilliant getting your squats in whenever you can! I really admire how active you are. Glad you were able to find a way to squat without being in so much pain!

Kailpea-Yay! Great job sticking with it Your salad sounds delish!

Concert was a success! Got a standing ovation and two bouquets of flowers! After I went out with some friends to a bar and had two drinks. Then just ate junk and watched cartoons all day yesterday! hahaha I haven't had a real day off in so long it was a little surreal. I really did eat sooo much junk. After the holiday weekend and the concert the scale is up 4lbs I'm back on track today though and even though I ate too much I still kept to my 5 servings of fruit and veggie goal Thinking of going on a little hike before class today.

I have a few pics from the concert I'm attaching. There's me by myself, me with my teacher, with the conductor, and with my mom and sister. I wore my magical purple dress and I had my best friend do my hair. She meticulously curled it(my hair is super fine and straight and took her two hours to curl it!) then she put it in a low bun. It was a nice change bc usually I just do a ballerina bun and this was a lot softer. People thought I got my hair professionally done actually. Then I did my own makeup. I did a purple smokey eye with fake lashes and regular stage makeup(with all the contouring and highlighting) for my face. Did my toes and had glitter body spray all over my arms, chest, back, and face. There was a decent turn out. Probably the most anyone has seen for an orchestra concert. Afterwards I was swarmed by people and many told me they almost started crying during my piece(including my bf!). My bf's mom came and I was so glad she did bc his family hasn't really respected me or what I do and I knew if I could just get them to see me play they would get it(they say being a pianist isn't a "real job" and don't take anything in the arts seriously) and yeah totally changed her mind on piano
Now I've got 6 weeks off till my next performance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1404.jpg (27.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1405.jpg (19.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1406.jpg (36.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1409.jpg (40.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #97  

Ohhh Dott you looked wonderful!!!! So pretty! Congrats
(and way to show the "in-laws" your stuff too!!! ) Just awesome!

and thanks The whole idea of the second job was to get me off my @ss more!(and put a few extra bucks in my pocket )
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #98  

Silverfire-Thanks! Hope you're able to get in lots of steps today! I hardly get in any I do as much as I can. I park super far away from everything, but being a pianist(and a student)is really not conducive to getting in steps I pretty much am just always sitting

So these new goals are going really well for me. I'm getting in well over 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Yesterday I went for my first hike of the week. I'll go on my 2nd this weekend. I think I'm finally settling into this goal routine. I try to keep my previous ones in mind, but some of them like the exercising everyday are not realistic and while it was cool to see that I could do it for a week it was miserable getting it in :/ But keeping calories at 1600 max, meal planning are sticking around still Also, even though I'm not seriously exercising everyday, I have become a little more active I think, so it did have some effect.
Weight is down a little. Know I'll have a gain for my weigh in tomorrow :/ BUT I'm not letting it bother me too much bc I know its just from the long weekend and that I'm back on plan so next week should show new lows
Old 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #99  

NOT having a good time with this trying to lower carbs thing. AT ALL!!!

more later, I just needed to say that right now! LOL
Old 02-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #100  
Katherine

Since I have finished my Phase 2 exercise goal I've been thinking about reevaluating some of my goals. My phase 3 exercise goal is to work out away from the gym once a week, but I've actually been doing that already since the challenge has begun. I really would like to get another day of strength training in and possibly another cardio gym day in there so I could finish my C25K week in an actually week. I've been really pumped for the exercise these last 2 weeks. its kin dal uncharacteristic for me, so I don't want to redo my goals and make then too difficult to meet, but I also want to push myself a little more in this area.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #101  

I don't know how people can not eat carbs! LOL I hear of people eating less than 20g a day and that just blows my mind. I have been TRYING to reduce carbs, but I swear that errrrrthang has got carbs in it. And boy, it adds up QUICK. I think I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew here... I think I too may need to adjust my goals for this phase. Exercise goals are a slice so far as I just tacked on an extra half an hour of strength to my routine. No biggie

But food wise, sheesh! For breakfast during the week (for about a year now) I have had 2 heaping tablespoons of holy crap stirred into my yogurt. I love it. But already that's 22g of carbs!!!! Then an apple for a snack. Another 15g of carbs. Pre-gym Luna bar, 30 g! Ugh Ugh Ugh Ugh! I had hoped that by reducing carbs it would get me out of this plateau, but I'm pretty sure I am to blame. Not the carbs. My eyeballing skills suck and I have seriously been slacking on measuring. Last night I packed my lunch, eyeballed it. Then measured it. I was well over 100 calories out, and that was for a simple chicken salad and dressing! Makes me wonder how far out everything else has been.

So I am going to reset phase 3 and change my goal to Meticulously Measure and Weigh ERRRThang for 3 weeks (while staying away from un-measurable situations!)

I have also lowered my calorie goal to just under 1500 (as recommended by my mynetdiary app )

On the bright side - Scale showed me a 255 - I hope it was the whoosh I have been waiting for
Old 02-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #102  
Katherine

Silverfire Have you thought about counting carbs but subtracting the amount of fiber from your total? I know a lot of people on really low carb diets do this to get what is called the "Net carb" or Total CARBS MINUS FIBER. The reason being is that fiber is non-digestiable by the intestines and therefore doesn't raise your glycemic index like carbohydrates do. So I looked at what I ate yesterday and I had 157 total Carbs and 47 grams of fiber so really only 110 net carbs. I don't actively do this calculation but it is something to keep in mind when choosing your foods. I really like the principles behind the south beach diet because with that you don't have to count your carbs, but a lot of the things that you eat are nutrient rich and high fiber so there more less net carbs. But like I said, I don't actively follow that either. =D

EDIT: Oh I just saw your post from yesterday about the Jefit app! I downloaded it and looked through it and I am going to try it out next week. Thanks!

Last edited by kailpea; 02-21-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #103  

Silverfire-I don't know how people do low carb either! All my carbs come from fruits and veggies and it still is wayyy over what anyone would consider low carb :/ I think your idea of changing your goal to meticulously measure is a great idea! I know whenever I start trying to eye-ball the weight loss stalls

Kailpea-I changed my exercise goal too since my knees have been bothering me so much it wouldn't be safe or smart for me to run. I say go ahead and change the goal to push yourself a little if that's really what you're feeling

Scale is punishing me still for the bad long weekend and post concert celebrations Back up to 145 sigh. I'm going to stay within my calorie goal till the end of the month and am hoping to see 142.something by March
Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailpea View Post
Silverfire Have you thought about counting carbs but subtracting the amount of fiber from your total? I know a lot of people on really low carb diets do this to get what is called the "Net carb" or Total CARBS MINUS FIBER. The reason being is that fiber is non-digestiable by the intestines and therefore doesn't raise your glycemic index like carbohydrates do.
Yep! mynetdiary automagically calculates net carbs for me, so like yesterday my 185g of carbs were about 165g net. Closest I have gotten to 100 net carbs a day so far was 120. Close! I'm still going to keep away from breads and pastas and sugars and such, but I'm gunna focus on measuring for a while and hope that it helps

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-21-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #105  

Rie-Hope the moving is going well for you

Silverfire-I didn't know that about net carbs. Interesting!

Weight is creeping down each day Finished my first week of my exercise goal yesterday. The nutrition has been really easy. Basically all I eat is fruits and vegetables so I'm getting more like 8 servings a day.