Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #46  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Day 2 complete! I realise how important timing is in drinking water consistently throughout the day, I had to drink the majority of my water throughout the evening and found myself peeing a LOT! Lesson learnt to space it out throughout the day to avoid a stupid amount of toilet trips!

On a personal note, things at work are getting a bit complicated. I find myself getting sick A LOT and even experienced a serious illness that had me off for 2 weeks last August. Got a feeling my company is going to let me go...just a lot of talk going on behind my back without me being there. My American co-workers are supportive of me, say that they would be stupid to fire me, but my Japanese co-worker (who to be fair is a bit too serious) thinks it could be a bigger issue than I realise. So...who knows. Trying to keep my mind from wandering before I hear anything directly. I'm leaving in September, something they already know. But ultimately it's just a job, if they fire me for reasons that were beyond my control then I'm better off I suppose? On a slightly morbid note I saw the aftermath of a road accident, I think someone was knocked off their bicycle but I just saw the pool of blood on the floor. Kind of makes me think "just stop worrying, things could be a lot worse!"

My weight was 1.4 lbs down from my previous weigh in a week or so ago. Probably a lot of it was getting back into a normal routine after Christmas, so hoping this water drinking goal will shed some more water weight. But I know that diet and exercise will play a major role in the future, but I'm confident this pyramid challenge will help me ease into it. I'm finding myself snacking and drinking a LOT more Coke than what I was doing before I left for England, I need to snap out of it - it's not even something I take pleasure in anymore it's just become a habit!

Keep up the awesome work, don't forget to mark your success in the spreadsheet!

------------

Silver - Welcome! Your link didn't work, it said it was private? Thanks for doing that though! What are your goals? Please state them in the thread!

deh - Get to work!! Edit: You did it! Haha, love the gif! I didn't know you could post gifs on the forum. This changes...everything.

Dott - Woohoo, we can do it! Determined not to be overweight for much longer!

kisskiss - Did you manage to do your hike?

kailpea - I'm going to fit in my exercise goals over the weekend, it's definitely going to be challenging in the future to fit them in during the week, I tend to be such a slob after work!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-28-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Rie - Sorry about your job situation. Its great that many of your co-workers are reassuring but I can imagine that just got stressful situation written all over it. No fun at all. When you're done in Sept, are you going back to England? Good point about the road accident. Seeing those sorts of things really rattle me deep down.

And re: gifs... I wasn't sure if it would work/was allowed but figured I'd try. I'm SUCH a visual person, I love me some gifs.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #48  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Rie - Shitty deals about your work situation! Try not to stress and just be ready to roll with the punches!

*Doh* Fixed the link, should work now! I am working on my goals, trying to figure out WHAT my ultimate goals are so I can break it down

dehtripper - your gif nailed it. If it hadn't been there, I wouldn't have imagined it anyway

I made it to the gym, did the c25k and brought lunch yesterday. Have lunch today too and might just go to the gym again!

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-28-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #49  

Ok, Here is what I have put together so far...

Exercise:
1. GO to the gym 3x/wk (Do C25K)
2. Start Plank & Squat Challenge (Starting at 5 sec, and 5 reps and increase by 5, 5 days a week)
3. 60 minutes of strength 3x/wk
4. Yoga 1x/wk
5. Outdoor running - Home to Victoria bridge and back is about 5k!
6. Yoga 2x/wk
8. Begin Derby Training!!!

Nutrition:
1. Bring breakfast and lunch everyday (take vitamins!)
2. Drink 100+ oz water EVERY day. (remember vitamins!)
3. Meticulously Measure and Weigh ERRRTHANG
4. Eat ON PLAN 6 days a week, Once a week a cheat day

Revamped!

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-21-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

dehtripper Yay! Glad you got them written up

Rie I'm sorry about the job drama! That's awful But its good you realize that things could be much worse and are staying positive. And great work with staying on plan and for losing!

Silverfire Great job figuring out your goals!

Meant to get my exercise in this morning but ended up staying up late last night doing homework I didn't realize was due. So slept in then had to do some boring promotional stuff for a concert I'm playing in next month. Food is good and I will make sure to get my exercise in tonight! I feel so determined with this challenge
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #51  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I somehow managed to get my hike in yesterday, and I drank my water. So check offs for my first goals! The hike was relaxing and peaceful, I'm happy that I ended up going. I was super tired from work, but decided to try to get this challenge started right.
__________________________________________________ ______________

dehtripper: haha nice image, I know exactly how you feel now that it's done.

Riestrella: So sorry about your work situation. I'm sure that can be stressful if ther's a lot of back and forth and no one really saying anything to your face--I work for a program that does the same thing, communication breakdown). I've actually been looking for another job, possibly a whole new industry.

I also drank loads of water , and geezus did I have to pee a lot! LOL.

Dottington:
what exercise are you planning on doing tonight? I feel pretty determined with this challenge as well. it's different that all the other challenges up.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #52  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well the plot thickens. My co-worker sat down and told me that I am indeed being considered to be let go. Which is so infuriating because I have yet had a chance to defend myself to anyone with authority NOR have I been giving any sort of inclination that I was in trouble. Oh, and that trouble being I got sick. Gee, I'm such a horrible person for falling sick... I've got a lot of life changes coming on me like a tsunami if I do get fired though. It pretty much screws up my "plan" for living in Japan. I wanted to leave in September, at the end of my 2 year contract, but if that's pulled out from under my feet I'm not sure I want to commit to another full time preschool job to only leave a few months later. Training, making connections with kids and Mums...it's just so much emotional work to do to only screw them around when I intend to leave near the end of the year.

I had a talk with my boyfriend to plan what happens next. We live separately you see, we arrived at different times in Japan and our jobs aren't close by so we see each other on weekends. I asked him if I could move in with him if I lost my job and I would get a job that required me to work evenings so I wouldn't be in the way at night. His apartment IS small...it would be very cramped if I did have to move in, and I know he values his space so I wouldn't mind working evenings. It would save a lot of money for both of us, it seems like the best option if I did get fired...but he said he would really think about it since it is a big shift in our dynamic at the moment. We've lived together before, but he worries in this small of a space would he get annoyed having someone else there.

If he doesn't think it's a good idea to live together...well, I guess my time in Japan is coming to an abrupt end. Which is horrible because I had SO much I wanted to do: I wanted to make a film of my time here, I wanted my best friend to visit me so I could show her around, I wanted to go on so many little day trips to wonderful looking places. All to potentially be cut short because I had to take time off because I was puking my guts out.

But I could be overreacting...perhaps I won't get fired. I just don't know. The problem is is the way this company is run. Even if I plead my case and it works, the "boss" who NEVER speaks to ANYONE because he's a weirdo could just brush aside my words and decide he doesn't want me anyway. So much is uncertain. Sorry for ranting!

Day 3 is once again a success. I managed to space out my water a bit better today, managed 4 cups while I was at work and another 4 when I got home. Probably going to get my 1 run a week in on Saturday, run off some of this stress!

---

dehtrip - Yeah, I was planning on going back to England, getting a new passport then moving to the States with my American boyfriend. Potentially getting married soon too...not the most romantic of ways because it would be so we could live in the same country (why does the world hate international couples?!) but that's the plan.

Silver - The way I was inspired to create a pyramid was my friend who said to me "imagine yourself at your goal. Now what did you do to achieve that goal?" I just let my mind wander and imagined what my life would be like to be at my goal weight and the pyramid idea came to me. Your goals seem good, though I would consider going to the gym 3 x a week too much for goal number 1 but maybe I'm a lazy fool! You only have 5 goals, do you want 6? You can have 5, it's ok!

Dott - So glad the challenge is motivating you! How big is the concert your playing? I would love to be skilled at the piano, I could only ever tinker about with it but I loved it! Wish I had a piano now ;_;

kisskiss - Woohoo, great job on kicking butt and going on a hike! Where do you live, is it close to mountains? I can't imagine just going on a hike without having to travel and make a day of it! Good luck on your job hunt, what sort of things are you looking for? Typing this and feeling the urge to pee, gah!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #53  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Riestrella You job situation sounds terrible. Hopefully there isn't much stock in what they are saying. Honestly, if your coworkers know that they are thinking about letting you go, but the boss hasn't talked to you about it at all that's pretty terrible system they have going on there.

I was having a little bit of a job crisis earlier this week. Last July, I quite my full-time job so I could go back to school and still have a functioning life. I took a part-time job working weeknights. The business I work for offered a nice shift differential for working nights, and it really padded by paycheck so that my husband and I were financially stable, even with me working part-time. Well last months rumors started surfacing that they were getting rid of the shift differential all together. So I really started to panic, because I would be taking a drastic pay cut that we couldn't afford. My husband just told me to stop worrying about things that aren't in my control (but worrying about things that aren't in my control is kind of my thing). Well I got really lucky-- a lot of people didn't though. They didn't get rid of shift differential all together, but instead of giving you 15 percent of your wages, they changed the differential to a flat dollar amount. For me, since I don't make much at all, it evened out. But for so many other people, they took some drastic cuts.

Day 2 was great for me. I got my 64 oz of H2O in and I made it to the gym after work. So I only have 1 more gym day to work into my week and I'll have completed week one of the Exercise portion. On to Day 3! I probably won't make it to the gym today. Planning on saving it for this weekend.

Riestrella, I divide my water in half too. 32 oz before I go to work, and 32 oz while I'm at work. I think it cuts down on the time I'm in the bathroom that way. My kidney's aren't like "OMG OMG, what's going on?! Where is all this water coming from all of a sudden?!" I used to go to the cafeteria and get a big 32 oz of iced tea before work every day, but I quit doing that this week in favor of my water.

Last edited by kailpea; 01-29-2014 at 07:29 AM.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #54  

Rie - Job uncertainty is terrible! I hope you're not up on the chopping block! Even worse when your boss doesn't seem very receptive. My work has been doing layoffs. We had a massive layoff a couple years ago and since then have been laying a few people off every couple of months. There are two of us that do the things that I do, and 90% of the time there really only needs to be one of us. I am always a little afraid that they'll keep him before me, because he's been in the position longer. Though it does motivate me to haul @ss a bit more and out perform him as best I can... I hope everything works out well for you in the end anyway

And that's mostly what I was trying to do, come up with an end goal and work backwards, I left some room coz I think I might need to do some tweaking And as for the gym, I was already MOSTLY making it 3 times a week, I just needed to be more accountable for it I think. I also might have a hard time starting small... lol go big or go home?? I really would like to end up having something active planned everyday by the end of this all.

kailpea Ahh Shift Diff - I miss that from the days of working the afternoon shift. I'm glad you ended up breaking even. Losing that chunk of cash is hard! Even with a pay raise, it still didn't make up for losing the shift diff when I went to days! Way to go to the gym! Walking in the door is half the battle! (Still beating me in steps!!! I'll catch back up today maybe

Yesterday was good, was on plan, under calories, and met all of my Fitbit goals and even remembered my vitamins! Went to the gym again, didn't C25K though. Just a brisk half hour walk at a incline! Ohhh the burn! I was REALLY excited when the scale showed a 260.4 this morning too, that's 1 more lb and I'll have made back to where I was 6 months ago!

Seems like everyone else is doing well so far, keep it up guys
Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Rie-I'm so sorry about the stress this work drama is causing you! I think though that you shouldn't worry too much because nothing has been decided and this is only coming from a co-worker. And you still would get to plead your side. Plus you are leaving in Sept and it seems strange that they would fire you now if that's the case. But if they do, you do have a place to go to. Either your boyfriends place, or if he decides its not a good idea you still have a home back in England. You seem to have a lot of people in your life who love you and care about you, so I'm sure that whatever happens you will have a place to go.
I'm not sure how many people are coming to the concert, I've invited everyone I know and then some though, hopefully its a good turn out.

Kailpea-Great job finding ways to get in your water and for getting to the gym! That's lucky that you didn't have to take a pay cut, glad it worked out at your job.

Silverfire-Good work staying under calories and getting to the gym! And congrats on another lb lost

kisskiss-I love hiking Great job getting your hike in! I did a leslie sansone walking video. That's like my go-to when I just need something easy and quick.

So a couple weeks ago I accidentally ate gluten which made me swell up like crazy and I'm STILL getting that water weight off. Grrr. Hoping its gone by friday which is my weigh-in. Yesterday was good, didn't get my exercise in till right before bed, but glad I was still able to do it. 15min everyday is working out to be the perfect number to make sure I do something since its such a short amount of time I can't NOT do it.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #56  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Riestrella:
ugh, your job situation sucks so bad I can imagine your worry. I would be very upset too, if I had plans that had to be cut for something that was out of your control. I mean, you were sick! That's crazy. Hopefully, all this is rumors on top of rumors, and you'll get to stay as planned.
I go on like little hikes. They are usually an hour to 3 hours depending on where I am at. On weekend I'll go on nicer longer hikes in national parks (so not terribly steep). I have to drive 40 minutes or longer usually to do them, which is why hiking is usually reserved for the weekends. I love it

Well, all my experience has been in education. But, my boyfriend is a web developer and he is teaching me how to program. It's a lot of fun! I don't think I can see myself in that field because it's such a complete opposite of what I've been doing all my life, but for now I'm learning it and we'll see where that goes. I'm looking to stay in education for now, but I'm considering going back to school on the side depending on how the programming stuff works out.

kailpea:

I'm like you, I worry about everything. If there's even a slight chance of something happening, I start to try to figure out what options I have lol
Nice job on getting your exercise in!

Silverfire:
yay for you being back to weight you were at 6 months ago. That's got to be awesome to know you're back!
I also planned my goals backwards. By the end, I should be doing something active (running, hiking, yoga) every day.

Dottington:
I have a Leslie Sansone dvd, totally go to them as well for exercise when I want to do something at home.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I said I would do it - and by golly I finally got my crap together and did! I even drew two little pyramids . I'm really looking forward to this challenge...I gained about 15lbs back when I was on my diet vacation (surgeries, injuries...) and I want to be sure I am setting LONG TERM habits to get rid of what I am currently fighting off. I have about 45lbs I want to lose, including what I gained back, and I am ready to get rid of it and KEEP IT OFF.

Will do personals later, have to run to the gym at the moment!

Fitness:

1. Workout at least ONCE a day 5x a week
2. Stick 100% to my gym schedule
3. C25k with Boyfriend 3x a week
4. Do a minimum of 30 minutes mobility 3x a week OUTSIDE the gym
5. Begin incorporating yoga into weekly workout schedule
6. Workout TWICE a day 5-6x a week, mobility on rest days.

Nutrition:

1. Stick to daily calorie intake limit per day
2. Get all of my water daily, no excuses.
3. Prep my meals 2x a week
4. Stick to TWO cheat MEALS a week (includes alcohol)
5. Get all supplements incorporated into daily routine (IE: Vitamins, BCAA, Fish Oil)
6. Stick to ONE cheat MEAL a week + 1 night of drinks with friends bi-weekly
ParkTrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #58  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

First of all, thank you guys SO much for your support regarding my job situation. Reading your posts has made me remember why I love this forum so much. Secondly and to the point - I was fired today. They didn't give me a chance to defend myself, the decision had been made without me involved. Their reasoning was shady at best, they had been asking my colleagues all week about their opinion on me as if trying to dig up dirt but guess what? They didn't find any, my co-workers liked me and wanted me to stay. I've been given to the end of February, but they expect that I won't be there all the time. It's a generous offer considering the situation and it would mean money to keep me going until March, but I'm not sure how motivated I can be to give my all to a company who's laid me off for ridiculous reasoning.

I'm trying to stay focused on what is GOOD in my life, but finding it hard to detach this situation from everything. It's just so humiliating being fired, even though people are saying it'll be fine I still need to process what's happening! I'll still stay true to this challenge and keep on going. We're still on phase 1 at the moment anyway, so it's not like I have to workout every day of the week to be successful!

---------

kailpea - It's a tough world out there, huh? It feels like I'm the only one who's ever experienced it, but that's just what my drama llama that lives in my brain is saying. I know sh!t happens to good people all the time, I just have to learn to deal with it.

Silver - I hope you too don't suffer the cruel humiliation of being fired! Haha, I thought the same way before but then when I slipped up I would fail BIG. Which is why this thread is now here =)

Dott - You're right, there are a lot of people who care about me and will help me - for that I'm lucky. Thank you for your kind words =). Hope you shake off that gluten madness! Yeah 15 minutes is a great starter, you're doing so well!

kisskiss - If you like it, definitely pursue it! It's so important to have a passion for what you do. And there are definitely jobs out there for programmers.

Park - Welcome!! Your exercise goals look so hard, haha, I'm just such a big wimp! You put my "run once a week" to SHAME hehe.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Oh Rei!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what else to say that I'm so sorry for your situation. I know I'm just a random on the internet, but I really do feel for you.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #60  

Bah! What a bunch of jerks! Shitty shitty shitty deals man. It is slightly nicer that they've given you the opportunity to stay to the end of Feb, it could give you a chance to find a another job, even if it is only temporary, and not being broke while doing so Take a deep breath, it truly willbe ok, ... eventually! Take it a day at a time! - I hope to never be fired again! I have worked with this company for 7 years, and took an administrative assistant position for one of the managers. No experience to speak of, but ready to learn. I made it 7 months before she sent me back to my old job. That was humiliating for sure, until I learned that she's just kinda crazy and nearly impossible to please. It ended up being for the best anyway, because now I have a better job and a better boss (same company still )

I was on plan yesterday, stayed under cals, hit the gym, C25k'd and made a delicious giant pot of turkey soup for dinner last night. With enough leftover to last into the weekend. Planning to go out for lunch on Saturday with some friends to a new fancy restaurant that just opened in town, will have to adjust the rest of that day accordingly!

Also, I saw this this morning and LOL'd for a LONG time and thought I needed to share it, I'm sure yall could use a giggle!