Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Hoopty-Thanks!

Well, made my phase 4 nutrition challenge! Now onto phase 5, which I've decided will be keeping my net calories 1500 max 6 days per week. I've been slowly easing into it already. I love this challenge so much bc I remember when I first made my goal list and how I thought it would be impossible to ever stay on plan 7 days a week, but now I'm so close to that last nutrition goal! Also, I've become so much more active. This challenge has been great and very realistic. I feel like I've made real lifestyle changes.

I have one more week for phase 4 exercise. I think my phase 5 will be strength train 2x a week and hike 2x.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #167  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

The non health stuff: It was my birthday on the 13th, so I spent the weekend celebrating! On Saturday I went to TGI Fridays in Shibuya, which is a lot more legit in Tokyo than it is in America so my boyfriend told me, with my friends + boyfriend. I had onion rings, some chili cheese fries, a bacon cheeseburger and then my friends surprised me with a sundae. The waiters came out, rang bells and sang happy birthday to me! A few tables around us joined in too, it was fun. But just as I was feeling special, I hear it's some other peoples' birthday around the restaurant too, haha! We watched a cocktail show on the way out too, a couple of bar tenders were doing some crazy juggling with bottles and shakers. It was really impressive!

Afterwards we went to a bar, but I was just SO full I couldn't drink alcohol! I had one drink for about 2 hours, the rest of the time I just had water! On Sunday, my actual birthday, I made my boyfriend go to karaoke with me. So I sang my heart out, drank soda and ate spicy fries, it was awesome. I was super sad that "Let It Go" wasn't on the system though XD. Afterwards we went to an arcade and did "purikura". For those who don't know, it's basically like a photo booth but it's SO advanced and crazy! Japanese people are all about having larger eyes, so the booth actually makes your eyes look bigger somehow...so for Westerners we just look like aliens! After you've had your "photo shoot" you go around a corner and play with a touch screen and draw all sorts of cr@p on the pictures. It's so girly, but so fun! Here's the result:

After that we played a horror shooter in the arcade, then went back to the apartment and had pizza. My parents Skyped me too, my nephew was there as well so I got to see him! All in all, had an awesome weekend.

In other news, I booked my flight back to England yesterday. It was really sad actually, because I wanted to stay here longer and I will be leaving without my boyfriend too. He's going to stay until September/October to save up some more money (he moved to a different apartment that took a chunk out of his savings). But I land on July 18th, then on July 21st I'll be going on holiday with my family to Spain. So it'll be nice to have a chill out beach/pool holiday to ease my way back into life back home! Then once I get back from the holiday, it'll only be a month or 2 before my boyfriend flies to England too. We're going to stay in England until January 2015 and then make the bold move to New York. There's a lot that could go wrong, but it's something we both need to do! We've been living in Japan teaching English and not following our dreams, so we feel like a bold leap to somewhere like New York could give us a shot at something we really want. It'll be tough, lots of people doubt us, but it's been our plan for a long time!

Now onto the weight loss poop: Yeah, as you can see, had a terrible eating weekend! But do I feel guilty? No! It was my burfday! Yesterday, Monday, I went on a run to get back on track. I did 2 miles and did it in a 10:30 min/mi pace. Looking back on my previous records, I'm actually running faster than I was 2 years ago. I set my personal record on a 10K 2 years ago too, so I feel like within a few months I could probably enter a 10K and beat my time!

Now that I know I'll be going on holiday in July it's made me realise I really will have to get bikini ready! I mean, I'm not overly bothered about how I look especially since I'll be with my family, but it's a great motivator. I think I might treat myself to a new bikini too, which is a huge deal since I have to splash out to buy one that has a DD+ cup size.

I'm actually not really enjoying my scale break...I really want to know if all this work is getting me anywhere! I don't even have a tape measure to get my measurements. Gah, I'd be sooo gutted in May if I haven't lost any weight!

Anyone a Game of Thrones fan?! OH MY GOD EPISODE 2 WHAAAAAT!

------------------

Hoopty - Say whuuuut, that's so shitty about the dentist! I hate it when you get all psyched up for something then someone comes along and says "lol, jk!" I'm glad to hear that you're ready to get back on the healthy train leading up to your appointment though. Try not to get too nervous, all will be fine!

Dott - Girl, I wish I had your peppy attitude to the scale break! I'm just anxious like crazy to know if my efforts are getting me anywhere!! I don't feel any thinner, I always need that number to remind me that I'm getting somewhere in the short term. I feel better about myself when I'm working out/eating better, but I have to admit I love the validation on the scale! How did you stop yourself from eating for the sake of eating? Cravings are the worst aren't they? I read the book preview and it talked about recognising that real hunger comes from the stomach (grumbling, feeling empty) but craving hunger comes from salivation in the mouth. So when you feel craving hunger, to try and ignore it and train yourself to talk yourself out of it I suppose? I'd have to buy the book to find out! If it drops in price I think I'll buy it! The chocolate cafe was pretty amazing, but so sickly at the same time! I saw some tiny Japanese ladies stuffing their faces with so much though, how?!
Do you not like your profile?? Because you look gorgeous all angles! I love the dress!! Was it a bit weird performing to a bunch of kids though?! Did they appreciate it?? Ok...so whenever I THINK I understand net calories I always doubt myself. So if you eat 1600 calories but burn 300 calories your net calorie intake is 1300? I'm so happy you're enjoying this challenge!! It really is a shame more people aren't on board!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-15-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #168  

Rie-OMG those photos are so cute! You and your boyfriend are such an attractive couple(aside from the creepy eye enlargement thing lol)! Your birthday sounds amazing and I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed it You must be excited to see your family and that's nice that you'll get to go to Spain with them for vacation. I know your stay in Japan isn't ending exactly as you planned, but you still got to have the incredible experience of living there and honestly if you can live in Japan, moving to New York will be a breeze for you and your boyfriend! Why New York though? Are there job opportunities there in your chosen fields? You should come to California haha About the scale break-yeah the first time I took one over the summer I felt the same way. I learned a lot from that first break and how to keep myself accountable without the scale. I think overall it makes you stronger when you take a break. To stop myself from eating stuff I usually imagine eating it and how it will make me feel. I think "Do I NEED this?" then I think about how its really not going to taste that good and that I would much rather save my calories for something else later. Also, for the first year of losing weight I didn't keep any easy snack type stuff in the house. Now I can have it around and not eat it(like lentil chips, hummus, macaroons ect) but it took a while to get to that point! Yeah, unfortunately I can recognize the difference between real hunger and head hunger but sometimes I just don't care! lol Those cravings really take over sometimes You are right about net calories! I think more people aren't on board for two reasons-its not mainly weight loss based and its much longer. Those are the exact two reasons I like it though haha I really think the pyramid idea is VERY effective at making life changes though, but it does take more work. Aw thanks I hate my profile! I've never liked it, so I always hate looking at performance photos. It was a little weird with all the children running around(especially since we didn't have any warning about it) but it was so much fun and I'd love to do a performance for children like that again.

Finals are killing me. Have about 20-24 hours worth of writing I need to do by next thursday I'm going to die! haha I can't believe all this writing, I thought I was a music major
I've planned my backpacking trip for the summer, I invited my new hiking friend to go and she's down! I really hope she doesn't back out though, people tend to do that….I'm going back to the palisades in the sierras where I went two years ago. I'm really determined to knock off a 14000ft peak while there since that's been on my bucket list. Right now its my biggest motivation for weight loss since being lighter makes the trek up so much easier lol

Last edited by Dottington; 04-16-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #169  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey hey!

So I finally updated my blog. I added a fancy new table of my 5K training that I'm doing to get back into running again. Check it out!: http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/p/5k-training.html

I'm 1:43 faster than when I first started in March! Woohoo!

Unfortunately, I completely failed on not buying junk food. I went out to get some rice and bought a bag of chips. It was so stupid, it wasn't even like a huge craving, I just did it. So, quite disappointed that I have to restart but that's why if we don't succeed we try and try again!

I have to cross train at least once this week, think I'm going to do a yoga session from Youtube. Something easy to get myself into the idea of cross training again.

---------

Dott - Aww, thanks! Whenever I feel bummed out about going back home early, I think of my family and how excited they are to have me back. I know it will be short lived, but still! Haha! I think the difficulty of moving to America is the fact that I'm British...so chances are I'm not going to find a job that will sponsor a visa (I didn't do a "proper" degree, haha, I did Film!) so to stay together we might have to get married. We've talked about it a few times, how I don't want him to marry me if he really doesn't want to, but he said he'd be happy to marry me but he can't deny that he would have wanted to wait for a few more years. I've said that if we do get married I want to do it properly though!
As for why New York, we want to try and get into a creative industry. Personally I want to try and be an author and make short films in my spare time to see where it'll get me. My boyfriend wants a film production job working on set. He said he really doesn't like California I'm sad to say, even though it's the land of Hollywood! So we're going to give New York a try. I'd love to visit though! I might start your questioning tactic in regards to cravings! If I would have done it yesterday then I definitely wouldn't have bought those chips!
I must admit...I never have a clue what you're talking about when you talk about your hikes. Like, I understand the times/height but I can't imagine what that really MEANS in my head! .... Just did a bit of Googling and this is the highest thing I've ever climbed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_Coniston
I was about 10/11 and it was so tiring! I had a breakdown near the end, haha, we went all the way down then there was a fork in the road: one went back UP a hill and the other went down. So I said "I am NOT going up another hill!" My parents laughed and we got to go down, hah! I do really enjoy a good walk in the Lakes though, it's so calming, but like I mentioned I'm such a slow walker!! You'd hate me XD.

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-17-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #170  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

(copied this from the Bikini thread..)

Hey guys,

I had a terrible week. It's so hard for me to get back on track after eating junk food for days. Today, I made a whole bunch of single-serving desserts like a mug brownie, one raspberry muffin, a sugar cookie and I even ate plain oatmeal mixed with brown sugar, raw cocoa powder and cinnamon. Hello? What's that about? I ate that quite often this week which is so terrible. Oh goodness, I forgot that I also had tons of vanilla ice cream, chocolate mousse and cake at work. Ahhh, what's wrong with me? And to top it off I haven't worked out in uhm...5 days?
I weighed-in on Sunday and couldn't believe that the scale said 145 lbs. Last time I checked I weighed 142.4 lbs. Now, I did workout a LOT last week and I mean a lot - for 5 days straight. And it was TOM. But it still didn't stop me from feeling all depressed. And that's when I started eating crap.

I put on a pair of jeans today that I had bought when I weighed ~135 lbs 3 years ago. They've been sitting in my closet, obviously now that I weigh more. I was bored today so I thought I would put them on and see if I'd be able to button them. To my surprise, they fit. I mean sure, I have a muffin top and all, but they fit and they don't make my legs look like they're about to pop. I asked DH who is 100% honest with me and he said that it looked good and that I could definitely wear them. I put on a white tank top and took pictures of my body - front, side and back. I will use those as comparison pics once I start losing some weight, after I get back track of course!

You know what's really stupid of me? I go to the grocery store and buy raw cocoa powder, thinking it could be a healthier version of anything chocolatey and whatnot, same with flour, I had bought rye flour about 3 months ago thinking heyyy, much healthier than all-purpose flour. And then I go off baking tons of sh!t when I usually don't bake anything at all. Or I add the cocoa powder to everything when I don't need to. I think that's one of the things I really need to work on - stop buying "healthy" substitutes because it makes me eat it even more without feeling guilty in the moment. Stupiid.

Happy Easter!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #171  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hoopty - I think it's time to stop, take a huge breath, face some hard truths and change your game plan. Sounds like your pre-wisdom teeth surgery binge has leaked into your every day, so it's time to slam on the brakes and get back on track! I know TOM is an awful time because it makes us crave things, but we have to be strong and not succumb to it and blame it on TOM! We've all been there, done that, I do it too.
BUT! At least you fit into your jeans! Use that as a motivator to make them fit nicely instead of snug. There's nothing more conflicting than a pair of jeans, they can either make you feel epic or really fat! I started to pour out of my jeans that I bought over Christmas, major muffin top! So I really want to be able to wear a pair of jeans where there is no muffin top to be seen.
Maybe if you don't already start counting calories? I used to use MyFitnessPal, it's so great for the nutritional value too. So all that cocoa powder will surely add up if you put it into perspective. It's ok to treat yourself, but going crazy in any direction isn't good.

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-18-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:48 AM   #172  
Breathing.

Riestrella - Thanks so much, I really needed that! You're absolutely right, I need to stop and re-evaluate pretty much everything. I'm gonna ask my Mom for her kitchen scale and then I'm gonna start calorie counting again. Just started off my day by eating my usual oatmeal with strawberries and an orange. Breakfast is always my favorite time of the day! I'm going to make today an OP day!
By the way, I had lived in NY twice, one time in Brooklyn for a little over a year and the other time we lived in Queens for 3 months and I gotta say - it's friggin awesome but tough! I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that you'll be successful and achieve all of your goals!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #173  

Hey quick update-Easter means I failed phase 5 eating so restarting that this week. Super busy with finals. Also taking a bit of an internet break, I feel like I've been spending too much time online. So this is really the only thread I'm keeping up with bc I really love this challenge and find it very helpful. I'm still doing the bikini challenge, and will update my weight there and here once I get my scale back in 10 days.
Sorry for such a brief post, I hope you all are having a lovely Easter and doing well with your personal goals. Will do a big post once I'm done with all my papers
Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #174  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Howdy ho!

I think I need to write down my goals in full to stay accountable. It's not gonna be purdy...

Nutrition goal:
  • Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day: - Fail!
  • Stick to meal plans, no ready meals: - Mostly Success! Been 90% on it, but today we ordered Dominos when we could have just cooked/gone out to somewhere nicer =/.
  • Don't buy junk food: - Fail! Been having the odd Snickers bar here and there. Poo!

Exercise goal:
  • Run 1x a Week: - Recently, Success! Not been this week but I've been running TWICE a week for the last 5 weeks.
  • Strength train 1x a Week: - I did it when it was part of my goal, but I replaced my strength day for a cross training day instead of stacking goals. Not the point, Rie! Need to include this, it really does help my cardio performance.
  • Cross train 1x a Week: - Success! I did Yoga on Saturday =).

So I've SUCKED with nutrition but been so-so with exercise. But in all honesty, I always find I'm better with exercise than really restricting myself with food. I just friggin' love unhealthy food! I'm not the type to eat badly all the time, but I do "cheat" often. I don't particularly have a strict meal plan/calorie goal in place to break...so I guess that could be part of the problem.

Monday/Tuesday has got off on a bad start, I've not done much and had pretty unhealthy meals both nights. Think tomorrow I'll get my arse in gear and get to work!

On a personal level, not much is new with me. I've recently found myself learning Spanish through Rosetta Stone. I've been trying really hard, writing notes and all. It's quite nice to be studious again for no other reason other than the fact I enjoy it. I often have a recurring dream that for some reason I'm back at school and I'm looking at my timetable full of different subjects. I always feel really excited to be learning! I guess I just love schedules/lists! I don't think I'd ever go back to school unless I had a copious amount of money, so learning Spanish through the Rosetta Stone programme has quenched my thirst to learn for now.

Been looking into some bikinis for summer, man I hate how expensive they are! I've been eyeballing this one:

I already have a red one but it's a bit brighter than this, I quite like the deep red colour.

I also like this one (wouldn't let me link the pic), which is a bit different from the usual red/black I always buy. Decisions decisions!

Still getting a bit antsy about how much I weigh!! But will have to wait a long time yet. I figured though I should have lost at least a few pounds, since when I weighed last I was coming out of a time where I was not exercising and eating really poorly.

---------

Hoopty - You're welcome! We all need a metaphorical slap to the face every now and then! I know I always like it when I get really off track. Wow, you did?! What did you find tough?? I'm only worried about visas =S

Dott - Good look with your finals! I do not envy the students in the world right now! You're doing awesome at this challenge, the best in fact! You're way ahead of everyone, seems like it's just the 3 of us now?!

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-22-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #175  
Breathing.

Hello girls,

Riestrella - I love the red one! I'd personally wear it too since I really like neckholder tops! Good for you for learning Spanish, that's awesome! It's such a cool language! I actually took Spanish classes for about 6 months while in high-school but I quit because I thought it was boring and not worth riding my bike from one school to the other (my school didn't offer Spanish classes so I had to transfer for this one class). My Mom's native language is actually based on Spanish so I know a lot of words, all the numbers and basic things. It's so much fun! As far as the visas go...during my first year in NYC I was an Au-Pair and I had an exchange visitor visa. My second year didn't go as planned and well to make a long story short...I got a 3 year ban once we left the US. I had applied to a few community colleges in NYC and got accepted so I tried applying for the F-1 student visa but totally failed since I had no proof of income whatsoever. I looked for sponsors but couldn't find any. Time went by and I kinda just stayed there lol how stupid of me. But well, DH and I are here now and we're gonna be going to university over here. I'm telling you though...they're SUPER STRICT with the visas over there. I don't wanna scare you at all but if you do want to go make sure you plan the whole thing carefully!

Dottington - Good luck girl!!! I hope you make it through your Finals! Tell us how it went and how you feel!

---

My wisdom teeth came out yesterday and it went much better as I had thought. Sure, my face is swollen but it doesn't "hurt" as much. The dentist was super nice and actually called a few hours after the operation to see how I was doing That doesn't happen very often, does it?! As far as eating goes...the baby food that I bought is actually really tasty I ate a big breakfast before the operation and had about 3 jars of baby food later that night. Today, to up my calories a little, I added half an avocado to a bowl of mashed potatoes. I don't wanna stay too low with my calories and the first healthy high-calorie food I could think of (that I can actually eat) are avocados! I tried eating a very ripe banana but NOPE, not happening.
Not gonna lie though, I am craving sweets like crazy! Especially bakery stuff and cakes GAH!!! I swear, I cannot and WILL NOT "reward"/"treat" myself with junk food for going through this once I feel better. I told DH to please please make sure to remind me that I said that and to tell me that my past-self said STAY STRONG!
I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 147 lbs. My first mini-goal is to get to my anniversary weight of 137 lbs (August 2013). I can't believe I actually weighed 123 lbs in September of 2011, what?? My ultimate goal is to get back into the 120s and if I want to do that then I need to start now.
Okay, enough with the ranting.

Happy Friday!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #176  

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've not been on here for ages. I've been reading all your posts and keep starting a long reply trying to include everything then running out of time and forgetting!

So here I am, very much re-starting after a couple of terrible weeks food wise. I've not been to the gym as often as I could've either. But today I'm determined to get back on track. I'm still on phase 1 of nutrition. (DRINK WATER!!!!) and phase 2 of exercise - keep up with 30 extra minutes of cardio a week and take progress pics / measurements. I think the 30 extra minutes of cardio was a bit of a tough one to start with, but there's no reason I can't fit it in so I just need to up my effort a bit! Hope everyone's having a great Monday
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #177  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I've had an up and down few days. The down: I went back to my place for a night and decided to weigh myself in the morning. I FREAKING GAINED A POUND. 166.6 lbs!! DEMON NUMBER 666!! I have lost NOTHING over the past MONTH! I was (and still am a bit) completely p!ssed off and disappointed like crazy. I had to have a serious pep talk from my boyfriend to calm me down, I was ACTUALLY on the verge of shedding a tear. Mainly because I felt like I had improved the past month as I was back to running a few times a week. The weigh in was a HUGE wake up call that what I am doing just is NOT working. I promise I will STOP capitalising random words soon!

Though I must say, the day before the weigh in I had been treated to a late birthday lunch. We had Mexican food plus I had 2 pina colada's. But still, if I was at 166.6 lbs then that surely means I'm still around 163 lbs if it was just sodium issues, which was what I weighed last month. Ultimately this was a huge slap to the face that what I'm doing just isn't cutting it. I thought easing myself into it would help me slowly get back into a routine, which it had, but I also thought I would lose a few pounds as a result. Obviously that isn't the case, I need to work hard at this to see results.

So now I've decided to start 10K training. 3 runs a week, 2 strength days and 1 cross training day. I won't bend over backwards to fit it all into 1 week, I know that sometimes life gets in the way, but I need to up my game. I'm also calorie counting again. I haven't done so in a long time, but I'm already feeling myself realise that everything really does count - even drinks. I'm aiming for 1380 calories a day (trusting myfitnesspal's limit).

Today was good, after the shock of the weigh in I was ready to do something active. So I went on a 10 mile walk around Kamakura - a beautiful place an hour outside Tokyo. It was so nice to get out of the city and go on a hike. We did 2 hiking trails, both about 60-90 minutes long. The rest of the walking was flat, but we were walking in total for about 6 hours. The trails were lovely, nice and forested and had some spectacular views at points. At one point when we stopped for a snack, we heard a man near us say "woah, woah, woah!" and then when I turned to look in his direction a huge hawk had swooped down to steal my food! Luckily it missed, but it was so crazy!

Tomorrow I'm going to karaoke with my friends, but I've got this really bad feeling like people are going to cancel despite having this planned for a month! Fingers crossed it goes through. Going to try and resist on the fizzy drinks and remember that I need to step up my game!

-----------

Hoopty - I think I'll go for the red one! Seems to be the popular choice AND it's significantly cheaper. Wow, you got a ban?? I suppose it's not entirely surprising if they're strict and you over stayed your welcome =/. Still, that sucks, but glad things ended up great for you! I'm really worried about visas, my boyfriend seems to think I have some shot at finding a job even though he's happy to marry me if all doesn't work out so we can stay together...a part of me just thinks come ON let's just get married now! We'll have been together 5 years and we have talked about spending our lives together. Anyway, that's a whole new story. I'm glad your operation went ok! Try and resist your cravings! They'll leave your system eventually if you don't give in!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #178  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've not been on here for ages. I've been reading all your posts and keep starting a long reply trying to include everything then running out of time and forgetting!

So here I am, very much re-starting after a couple of terrible weeks food wise. I've not been to the gym as often as I could've either. But today I'm determined to get back on track. I'm still on phase 1 of nutrition. (DRINK WATER!!!!) and phase 2 of exercise - keep up with 30 extra minutes of cardio a week and take progress pics / measurements. I think the 30 extra minutes of cardio was a bit of a tough one to start with, but there's no reason I can't fit it in so I just need to up my effort a bit! Hope everyone's having a great Monday
Sorry I missed your post! Glad that you're back =). I'm starting to think about re-arranging my goals to try something else if I find something too difficult, I may even replace "don't buy junk food" to "count calories". So feel free to do the same!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #179  

Hoopty-Glad the surgery went smoothly! That was really sweet of your dentist to call after like that, I don't think any of my dentists have ever done that lol Feel you on the not rewarding with food, that was such a struggle for me for finals! I definitely ended up doing that a few times. I think if I had planned some non food rewards it would have been easier. Do you have some non food rewards you can think of for once the pain is gone and you get tempted? That's great that your husband is so supportive and you can ask him for help like that.

TheMilesAwayGirl-Welcome back If you're having trouble meeting your goals then you might have been a bit too ambitious. Don't be afraid of changing them either if you really think you might have set them a bit high! I've totally changed my exercise goals a few times I knew I was being too ambitious and was setting myself up for failure. As far as slipping up though, the important thing is you're reporting back and getting back on the wagon! I had a pretty bad couple of weekends for eating, but I'm back on track this week!

Rie-I really think you should switch your not buying junk food goal. This isn't a race and I think its more important to set lots of easy goals and guarantee success than trying to knock off such a big one so soon. For me I had to do something similar with my exercise goals, especially the strength ones because I was trying to do too much at once. I'm glad I changed them and eased into it more. Why not try not buying junk food 5 days a week? I also think your idea of switching to calorie counting is a good one too. Love the suits! I need a new bikini too, but haven't had much luck :/ I'm super picky I'm sorry about the weigh in I understand, but you know you are worth so much more then the number on the scale and the important thing is you were implementing new healthy habits and being more active than you were before. I have major issues with bloating and can easily put on 10lbs over night and have many times after a big salty meal so don't discount that. I think the important thing when transitioning to a new lifestyle is to not rely on the scale for reward, but as losing weight as a side benefit but that the real reward is transitioning to a healthier you(especially when you're relatively close to goal/healthy weight). I completely understand your frustration, but I think you are being too hard on yourself.

Survived finals! GPA is looking like its going to be 3.9 for the semester so that's cool Finals week did a bit of a number on my eating though The stress before hand means I binged on Easter. Then this past weekend I totally let go and just ate and drank EVERYTHING. I even had gluten and dairy and am suffering so much from it. I'm actually surprised how bad it is. Totally bloated too of course. I remember when I last had gluten(which was by accident that time) the scale shot up 7lbs over night and stayed there for 2 weeks, so I'm not holding out any hopes of losing weight any time soon
Yesterday I felt like I had the flu from the gluten and I've been lethargic, depressed, and tired aside from all the sickness stuff. Also have weird cravings for candy which always happens too. But all my gluten cravings are gone at least :roll eyes:
I have my scale back but not really weighing bc of the gluten incident. I really enjoyed not having my scale. I was a lot happier. I think I might just start weighing every month or at least every week once the bloat comes off. I did lose inches and I can see differences in pictures actually especially in my face. People have commented too and clothing is noticeably looser.
My boyfriend though is not being helpful. He thinks I should gain 5lbs. He thinks I should not lose anymore weight and is being vocal about it AGAIN. I can't secretly lose weight either because he sees what I eat when we're together and sees all the exercise I do. I might try though just completely not talking at all about exercise or nutrition but that seems weird. Especially bc I really am into fitness and health. Idk. We've had the talk a couple times about him being more supportive, and he gets better for a few weeks and then it stops. So yeah, I'm going to try just not talking about it at all.
I failed my nutrition goal for the 2nd time. I'm really surprised actually bc I usually do much better with nutrition! I think its bc I was stress eating the weekend before and after finals….I'm pretty sure it will be better this week since I was actually doing it a few weeks prior to finals before I made it my official phase 5 goal.
Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #180  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey all!

So after Sunday's let down of a weigh in I've changed my Phase 3 nutrition goal to Count Calories. I've been going for the last 5 days, the results have been surprising. A couple of days I've been about 500 calories over, down to mindless snacking or drinking something other than water. I think it's the calorie content of drinks that took me by surprise, but everything adds up. I went to karaoke with my friends on Tuesday, had 2 cans of alcohol (one being a big can, the other a small) and wow the calories in those added up! It wasn't even really worth it...they didn't taste amazing and it didn't get me buzzed at all. I think as time goes on I'm tempted to just stop drinking altogether. It's empty calories that I'd rather put towards food.

I really need to work on WHAT I'm eating too. I've been eating bread every single day...white bread too. I need to mix things up a bit, but I was raised on a sandwich for lunch every single day since I can remember. I'm just so used to it now it's my instinctive "lunch". I went through a few meal plans (blogilates 12 week new body plan & Insanity's nutrition guide) to get some ideas. Mostly it's been salads, which in theory is a great idea but I just hate salads! I don't find them appetizing, I always think "where's the bread?!"

Today I did a yoga video for my lower back and for cross training. It was tough, but I felt my back "pop" in a few positions and it isn't hurting me at the moment. Need to get on a run again, not been for a while since I've been busy or have done something else.

-------------

Dott - You're right, I even put it in my first post that there's more life and to healthy living than the number on the scale! It's hard to practice what I preach in these kind of situations, but I've been making changes to make sure the next time I step on the scale I will see a lower number. I'm so glad you're back!! I always worry when people say "bbl, school" then they never return! I'm assuming you have some sort of gluten allergy? That's kinda crazy that you knowingly put yourself through that!! Hope you feel better soon.
Hmm, I'm starting to have a bit of trouble with my boyfriend too. Ever since he saw me really disappointed about my weigh in he's been making little comments and being vocal about his own health. He will always say he's just talking to me about himself, but I can't help but feel it's a little dig, almost like he's saying "and what are YOU doing/eating today?" As for your boyfriend...well...it's your body!! He has no control over what you decide to eat or what you do for exercise or how much you want to weigh. Sometimes it's best to stop involving loved ones in that side of your life, it's honestly the reason I'm on this forum. I really can't talk about my weight/health with other people often because they will always project their opinions on me. Maybe you should gently ask him is there something about you that bothers him? Like...does he have some really big issue with a part of your personality? Because that's the real question here, if weight loss and health is just something you do and doesn't affect who you are as a person then he doesn't really have the right to say anything! Especially since you've spoken to him before. It could also be his own insecurities that's the problem here, he might be using you and your efforts as a scapegoat for what he's really finding hard about himself. I find myself feeling bugged when my boyfriend has done an epic workout and I've done nothing, because it makes me feel bad. Though I would NEVER voice these feelings, because it's crazy to get in the way of that part of someones life!