Old 04-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #151  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Dott - You know it's funny you mentioned the letter...I wrote an email and sent it to him. I know, kind of weird since I know he's gone, but I guess I just got a lot out in the open. It was a very emotional process, but I felt like it had to be done. I'm considering getting in touch with his sister to say a few words.
I'm not sure how you can enjoy a scenic hike if you're going so fast!! I'm very much an annoying "take in the scenery" type person. It annoys all the fast walkers I'm with! It was pretty magical to run underneath the sakura...something I can say one day! Good idea on the scale break, it's always a good idea when you can feel yourself becoming a bit obsessive.
Do you prefer solo performance or one with an orchestra? Still looking forward to seeing any footage you got!! So glad to see you so pumped about your super healthy life right now, it's so infectious! Woohoo!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #152  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Dott I've been thinking about taking a break from the scale also. I am in a program through work though, and were supposed to weigh ourselves daily though. My husbands thinks I am getting a little obsessive about it. But then again, That's why I have made so much progress.

Rie I'm a take in the scenery kind of person too. Yesterday I went down a trail in a wooded area that I had never been in, and had an internal conflict with myself part of me was wanting the scenery and the other half part of me was like, "keep moving, go faster!"

I finished my phase 3 exercise goal finally! Next week I'll focus on hitting the gym 3 times a week for cardio, 1 time a week for strength, and working out away from the gym 1 time.

I've been kinda slacking on the nutrition side of things. I used to think diet and nutrition was the easy part of losing weight, but lately I have been much more interested in exercise. But I need to get back on track!
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #153  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

F-balls!

I had a big long huge post written out and then clicked on something I shouldn't have and it all went away.

Damn

I'm just going to say. Love yoga. DO NOT eat beans on yoga days. Unless you're doing it at home, then its fine! You can't get mellow and stretchy while worrying about your butt blasting some dude in the face when you bend over...

Everything is gravy over here otherwise

Rie - I'm sorry to hear of you're friend. Sudden losses like that can be tough. I've been there. I have even sent a couple of emails to some friends that are no longer here. I think its totally therapeutic!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #154  
Katherine

Silverfire I felt the same way when I took a yoga class last semester, my tummy would be all sorts of rumbly. . . my intestines are used to bending that way! I loved my class, it was just through the college here,but I ended up dropping it mid-semester because I didn't feel like I had the time. I really really wish I had stuck with it. It was way cheaper than any of the yoga studios around here and I always felt awesome after!

Finished up my Week 3 of C25k (kinda) mid way through my last run session I got a cramp in my side and walked the rest of the way. I am debating about what I should do now, I'm not ready for week 4 so I am deciding if I want to redo week 3 or start over from week 1 and up my pace a bit. Right now, speed walkers can keep up with my running pace.

I also need to start logging portions and counting calories and all that again. . . I have gotten out of that habit and it hasn't been helping me at all.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Dott The game went pretty well thanks, we won, just! Lots to work on as a team though, but that's what training's for. I'm ridiculously negative about myself as a player and I have to try really, really hard to control this so I don't bring the rest of the team down. I'm working on it but just cannot see the positives most of the time. The bootcamp was good too, I remembered to write some notes so hopefully learned some useful tactics and tips to take back to my team. It was amazing to skate with some of the best skaters in the world! Good call waiting until after your performance to attack a new training routine, trying to battle arm DOMS would be a terrible distraction! Hope you're looking forward to it? Will this one be recorded so we can watch too?

Hoopty Hope you're feeling better? Did you go to the doctor? Thinking of you

Rie Sounds like you had a great time for your BF's Birthday! I'm terrible at planning Birthday celebrations. It's my 30th this year and I've no idea what to do! Good on you for keeping up with the running, hope your back's feeling better for it? My BF got ill again this week, just run down cough / cold type thing. I really think he'd be in better health if I could just get him to the gym, but I've no idea how to make him go without being all dictatorial. He joined in January but hasn't been once I hope writing the e-mail to your friend helped? I don't think it's weird at all. I lost an old uni friend a few years back, and his close friends still write on his facebook wall. They still share their lives with him, challenges, joy, silly little anecdotes about nights out etc, I think it's cathartic, in a way.

Kailpea I weigh myself daily. I think I am a bit obsessive, but I don't think it's unhealthy. I use it as motivation, rather than let small fluctuations get me down. It's also interesting to work out patterns with daily changes. If it's helping you make great progress then maybe don't worry about taking a break? Congrats on sticking to your exercise goals, you're doing great! With the C25K, do what you think will motivate you the most. If you're not ready for week for, I'd try week 3 again and see if it's any easier. Remember, you're not racing against anyone but yourself. Keep pushing yourself to improve, but take things at your own pace.

Silverfire I lol'ed at your yoga dilemma! I've never got in to yoga myself. I get really bored. Maybe I've just not found the right group...

Not a lot new with me. I'm quite surprised that I haven't managed to get my water in for phase 1 of my nutrition goals. It's usually something I'm so good at! I need to remember to take a bottle in my bag for my commute to work, I'm always thirsty in the morning. I've got fruit squash at home at the moment which is so tasty, I've been having that over water a bit more than I should. It's *almost* water, but I won't count it as I want to complete this challenge properly! (It's that all-or-nothing mentality coming back again...)

I'm determined to get a run in tomorrow so I'll have completed phase 1 of my exercise goal. I really think 2 extra sessions a week is my limit, but pushing myself to stick to them is a good thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:53 AM   #156  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys! Sorry for those of you who post in the bikini thread too, I know it's annoying to read the same post but I think I will add a bit extra to my posts here since I know you guys read it!!

Well for my weekday recap:
Nutrition Goals
  • Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day: Fail! I know, it's the EASIEST thing to do and I keep letting it slip!
  • Make meals, no ready meals: Success! Boyfriend and I have been taking it in turns this week. We've had meatballs, a beef bowl and vegetable fajitas. I had a veggie meal!! Holy wow!
  • Don't buy junk food: Fail! I think it's pre-period monster alert but I've been bad with this. I need to get my boyfriend in on it too since he usually asks me what I want from the shop and then I say chips or chocolate. Baaad, Rie!!

Exercise Goals
  • Run x 1 a Week: Success! I've ran TWICE this week! Go me! Getting faster as well!
  • Strength train x 1 a Week: Success! I did it!! That was ROUGH! [I will come back and edit this post as soon as I've done it. I've got it all written up what I want to do, just finding the inspiration to DO IT!]

Overall I think I'm doing well! Like I mentioned, I'm psyching myself up to do a strength workout. I actually prioritised this workout over hanging out with some of my boyfriends friends. I know that sounds sad, but I'm actually really proud that I made a stand and said that my health is more important! If it were MY friends and plans that I had made, that would be different, but just a tag-along-invite is something I think I can turn down to work out. Once it's out of the way I'm going to potentially meet up with them afterwards, I just wasn't going to rush/not do my workout to make it in time.

Tonight, however, I'm going to be hanging out with my boyfriends friends for a very late birthday celebration for him. People are intending on getting messy with the drinking...which is really not that appealing to me anymore! I drink 1 alcoholic drink and I feel really bloated and dehydrated! If I can keep drinking water then I'm fine though! I'm sure it'll be a fun night, I'm not a buzz kill, I don't need alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with friends for a picnic, potentially in the rain! Hoping the weather clears up for us as it's super random at the moment. It gets cloudy and rains then brightens up completely (repeat cycle!).

I'm actually really curious to know how much I weigh. I don't have a scale with me at the boyfriends place, so I literally have no idea if this hard work is getting me anywhere! The last time I weighed myself I was around 165 lbs, but I think it was after a pretty bad day so I hope it's gone down. I would be over the moon if I made it into the 150's without even knowing it! But that's a bit of a pipe dream, I'm always one to lose weight quite slowly.

Also, random question: Is lemon tea healthy? I bought this bottle of iced lemon tea and on the nutrition guide it says it has NO sugar in but it tastes so sweet...I really love the stuff as a substitute for coke but I'm a bit worried it's not doing me any good!

----

kailpea - Glad I'm not the only one!! It's interesting that your opinion has changed about the difficulty of nutrition, I think that's why this challenge is so great because it allows you to really focus on all the little details. When it all aligns then we'll be weight losing machines! Your cramping is probably due to dehydration. Don't worry about speed, we all start from the beginning! You can do it! You can redo a phase if that's what feels comfortable for you =)

Silver - Oh man, I hate that so much!! Hope we can hear more in detail from you soon, but great to hear you're doing fine!

milesaway - I usually just want to hang out with my friends at my house for my birthday, but since being in Tokyo is exciting I figured I might as well go out and about! My back is completely fine now, thanks so much for asking! I think just let him do his thing, perhaps talk to him about how great your workout was at the gym without being overly obvious and he'll start to feel guilty he's not doing anything! But if he wants to be lazy, then I guess you just have to accept that. It did help emailing him you know...that's quite sweet that they still write on his facebook wall. Definitely complete a phase properly! If you kind of half arse a phase then it just doesn't make sense!

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-05-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

kailpea-I think taking a break from the scale every so often is very helpful. Especially bc its important to know for yourself that you will continue to make good decisions without the scale there dictating your life. Great job getting past phase 3 exercise! For the C25k, I think speed comes with time and maybe just redo week 3 instead of starting over again. Its so funny, I go back and forth for which I think is easier, nutrition or exercise Right now exercise is easier, but nutrition had been way easier for a while! haha

silverfire-omg lol that must have been an awkward yoga session!

themilesawaygirl-Yay glad you guys won! I'm not sure if this will be recorded…I just got the recording back from my last one(lent it to a friend, and the other one I gave to my dad and he lost it >_<) so I'm hoping to put it up this weekend. Good luck getting your water in!

Rie-Regarding the lemon tea-I think if it has no sugar then that is a start getting away from coke! I know how much you love coke, so finding a sub even if its not perfectly healthy is a great start. I hope your picnic and night out were fun As far as the junk food goes, have you had a heart to heart talk with your boyfriend about your goals and ways he can help you? Things have been so much better since I was really honest with my boyfriend and he's been helping me stay on track a lot. I know I felt a little embarrassed and weak doing it, but I'm glad I did. You're doing great with the exercise! I think I might prefer performing with an orchestra. A very famous pianist I admire, Martha Argerich once said that she finds being on the stage by herself lonely and that's why she only performed concertos or chamber music. I still like soloing, but there's something exciting about working with an orchestra! I finally got my dvd back after lending it to a friend of the last concert(I lent one to my dad to put online and he immediately lost it >_<) so now I should be able to upload it soon!

Things are going great here I did my strength routine twice this week, already did my hike. I made a new friend who's very athletic and we went together. She's into volleyball, basketball, and weight lifting, and so I was afraid she would be much faster with me, but no! I set the pace(3.5 mph) and she huffed a little to keep up but still kept up really well. It's great that I've found someone close to me who likes to go fast We did 3.8 miles in 65 min.

I've been super on plan since having my scale taken away. I realized that I'm afraid of gaining weight without my scale here to check, so its keeping me more in line! Plus my boyfriend is being super supportive. I think my face is looking a little slimmer? Not sure Me and the girl I'm performing with tomorrow got matching dresses, they're really nice and we got them on sale for $9.99 when they were originally $120! I'll post pics after the concert.

Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #158  

Height: 5'4

Dott Glad to hear your training is going well. Did you meet your new friend through hiking? I see the same people in the gym every day, but not sure that we'd have anything in common if we did actually speak! Great that your boyfriend is being supportive, that must be a big help Last time I lost a bit of weight, a friend said she could see it in my face. I can never tell though. Did you say you got a $120 dress for $9.99?!!! Can't wait to see the pics!! Good luck with the concert.

Rie Can you read the ingredients on the lemon tea? It's probably tanked full of aspartame and / or acesulfame K if it seems really sweet, both are virtually zero calorie, but pretty nasty in terms of what the chemicals do to your brain and cravings. It'll be the same as Diet Coke in that aspect, very low calorie but not in any way nutritious. Good old M&S do a raspberry Rooibos in the UK that I'm addicted to. It's not got added sweeteners or sugar, so I figure it's a pretty guilt free treat. If you can find cold drinks that are only sweetened with fruit extract this would probably be better for you.

I wish I'd grown up enough to not want to drink any more! I had too many after work on Friday, which kind of ruined my Saturday (I basically slept all day!) but I know that once I start drinking, I'll want to carry on until the early hours! Sometimes I remember to drink water in between, but not very often :/ Hope you have a fun night and the weather clears up for the picnic. It's pretty much the same here in the UK at the moment. It's impossible knowing what to wear!

Talking of knowing what to wear, I actually think my clothes are beginning to get a little looser. I'll always put it down to fabric stretching, or my buying clothes that were generous in the first place, but it's happening so much now that I think I have to admit I'm getting a little slimmer! It's a strange feeling though, as I've basically been the same size my adult life. The thought of perhaps having to replace clothes that I like, but that are too big is a bit scary! Has anyone else had to change their wardrobe quite a bit as a result of weight loss? I'd like to know how it felt

Well I managed to complete my phase 1 exercise! I just could not make myself go out for a run on Saturday, but I managed to force myself out on Sunday morning before training, then discovered that I had 5 hours training rather than the 3 I was expecting. Boy, was I tired when I got home. I'm determined to complete my nutrition for this week too. Like Rie says, it's the easiest thing! No excuses

I'm going to try and plan my meals for the week and go shopping this evening. I find it sooo hard planning in advance. It takes me so long! I'm not sure why. My mind just goes blank as soon as I sit down to make a shopping list. How do you guys plan your food shopping?
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #159  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Howdy!

My weekend was good! I did my super hard strength workout, then got all dressed up to go out and meet my bf's friends for the first time. I'm so used to hanging out with my friend who always wears cute dresses, generally tries to look super feminine that I felt really over dressed! His female friend was in super casual clothes so I was like "oh..." But it just made me think, I should just dress the way I want to! I PREFER casual clothes to dresses, but I suppose I started to feel like I had to look "presentable" around my feminine friend. I need to have more confidence in my own style and not dress just to match other women who I hang out with!
Regardless I had a great night. With each sip of alcohol I had I would drink a sip of water. I did have a lot to drink, but I didn't get the usual bloated feeling that I used to get. We also played Cards Against Humanity in a bar and it was pretty hilarious.

Sunday I was supposed to hang out with my friends but everyone backed out at the last minute. It was a pretty miserable day to picnic anyway, so I just chilled out. I did something a bit stupid though, my boyfriend went out to meet someone and I ended up ordering Dominos pizza =/. I mean, it was delicious, but still I could have made something!

Monday I went on a run, even though I was convincing myself it would be much nicer to stay in and relax. So I'm pretty proud of myself! It was just a short run, 1.5 miles, but dayum I did it with a 9:30 min/mi pace! I had been running a 10 min/mi pace previously, so I think that the strength workout I did really helped improve my performance. I felt a little bit springy!

Today was a rest day, but I went back to my apartment to pick up some more clothes since I'm staying at the boyfriends for this month. I was going to quickly weigh myself but I completely forgot! So I'll be joining Dott in taking a scale break for April!

Have any of you ever bought weight loss books? I remember Jelbb put up a recommendation a while back, The Thin Woman's Brain. It stuck out in my head and I read the preview on Amazon, I'm not sure it's something I'd buy unless it was really cheap but it had some good points. Basically it tries to teach you the difference between actual hunger and craving relating hunger. I do have a bad tendency to eat for the sake of eating. If I know there's something extra in the house I'll always think about it...before ending up caving despite not being hungry. Do you ever get like this? It's probably the biggest reason why I got fat in the first place - eating food that I really didn't need.

----------------

Dott - Yeah, you're right! Even if it does have bad stuff in it's crazy better than Coke! I mean, it's like 40 calories compared to, what? 300 calories that a Coke has? I think I will have a talk with my boyfriend when the time comes. I've been really good not buying junk food recently and since we've been cooking there's not been much need to go out and end up buying junk. That's awesome that you've found a friend who's active like you! Can't wait to see pics from the concert! That's a crazy good bargain!

milesaway - You know I think those types of chemicals are banned in Japan. They don't even sell Diet Coke here come to think of it. People here are so healthy naturally, so while there probably are sweeteners in the tea it's still nothing compared to the full fat Coke. Perhaps every time you order a drink order a water with it? That's what I've started doing - I make sure that for each alcoholic drink I have a drink water too. It slows me down and I don't get drunk as quick. That's amazing that you're feeling the difference in your size! It is like an overnight thing where suddenly your clothes feel baggy.
One of my fondest memories (which is pretty sad) was that I was walking to the bus stop one day in my work uniform (trousers and shirt) and my underwear fell down UNDER my trousers. I was laughing to myself reaching down past my arse to pull them back up!! I loved that pair of underwear...it was very flattering, but I couldn't wear it any more with them falling down like that! I also have a ring that my bf bought for me, while I was at work and it just flew off my finger! I now wear it on a necklace. It's always amazing when you are shrinking and clothes that JUST fit around your body become loose. Personally I think it's great, it's expensive to buy new clothes but what a great reason to go shopping! "I lost so much weight that I have to buy new clothes" I mean...come on, that's such a great achievement!!
As for shopping, I usually plan my meals and then just write a shopping list according to what the plan is. I can literally only make about 4 different dishes here in Japan (no oven/familiar ingredients) so it's super easy because of that.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #160  
Breathing.

Height: 5'4.5"

It's so much fun reading all your posts! I'm too nervous about tomorrow - getting all my wisdom teeth taken out under local anesthesia - that I can't write a lot...
I went to the gym today but ate way too much afterwards. It was healthy though, so I'm trying to not even think about that.
My week was pretty rough both foodwise and workoutwise. I bought junk food, barely worked out and OH I totally forgot to mention that I quit my old job and I work at IKEA now :-D So as you can see, I've been all over the place mentally.

Well, the gym is gonna have to wait for a little while. I told myself I would wait until my jaw is fully healed.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #161  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Just wanted to quickly say that I have completed my phase 2 exercise goal! I strength trained once a week for 2 weeks running, huzzah!! I'm so happy. Today I was going to run, but I just couldn't be bothered so I was determined to strength train in its place. But then I got super lazy and had a nap, however when I woke up I thought "NO! YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!" and even though I did it at 7pm I did an intensive strength session. Feeling so proud!

I think part of what motivated me was the fact I'm going to a chocolate cafe tomorrow...haha! It's apparently very famous and there's one that's opened in Tokyo, so my friend and I are going to go. It's called Max Brenner, anyone heard of it? I've already decided I'm going to have 1 slice of chocolate pizza:

And a milkshake...chocolate overload, but it's not the type of place you go to eat healthy! However afterwards we're going to the Imperial Palace in Tokyo to walk around and work off the sugar overload.

Hope you're all having a great week, ladies.

Hoopty - Wow, so much has changed! Like I said in the Bikini challenge thread, good luck with the operation and I hope you get back on track soon.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #162  
Katherine

Holy Crap that Pizza looks amazing! I had a long post written out but my computer crashed and I don't have time to retype now. So adios for now, I'll update later. =)
Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #163  
Breathing.

Thanks Riestrella - and thanks to all the well wishes by the way!!

So much for my wisdom teeth removal...I got there, filled a few things out, waited for about 10min and then finally sat down. I was so nervous...the lady brought in the xray (I had one done at my old dentist's office about 6 month ago and my new doc literally just called them and requested the picture) - I got 3 wisdom teeth actually, one of which broke through just fine. The other 2 are still sitting in my jaw and they're growing in crooked.
So then the dentist came in and told me that we needed to take a special 3D xray to determine where exactly the nerves are located since he didn't wanna do any damage. He then goes on to tell me that the CT-machine-thingy is being rebooted so it might just take a few minutes. I was like ok, whatever, fine with me. After 5min he comes back in and tells me that it's actually gonna take much longer and that we have to reschedule the appointment. GAHHHH, REALLY?? I went through all of this for nothing? I literally ate 3 croissants and a cake this morning bc I was so nervous, and I did all of that for nothing. All the preparation, the shopping, cleaning, everything. But most of all me being nervous. I was so mad.

So anyways, my new appointment is on the 23rd. I had a shitty day since I was uber-annoyed (PMS going strong this month!) but - DH and I hit the gym and I ran a little over 3miles and did my legs and chest. I feel pretty great now and I am very determined to work out and eat healthily these next 2 weeks until the actual appointment.
I am scared to weigh-in and measure this Sunday, but I have to. Yes, I ate a loooot of junk and I barely worked out but hey, I can and will get back on track right now.

Riestrella - Holy gazoly what the heezy - that pie looks ABSOLUTELY delicioso! Girl, you better enjoy every bite of it! You beat your laziness - that's awesome! Really, it's the hardest thing to overcome laziness, so kudos!

kailpea - Oh no, I swear that has happened so many times that I always copy my stuff after each paragraph Hope all is well with you!

themilesawaygirl - Yaaaaay on the clothes! It's always a good sign when the clothes start to get loose, it means you're doing it right girl I actually had to buy new clothes when I went from 164lbs to 123lbs in 2011. It was an amazing feeling! Now some of those jeans obviously don't fit me anymore which, I gotta say, is kinda depressing. As far as the food shopping goes - I don't plan it, at all. DH and I have our staple items that we get, throw in lots of veggies and fruit and that's pretty much it. We buy what's in season or on sale and then cook what we're in the mood for. By the way, I never realized that you're from the UK, so we're kinda almost in the same time zone, not that it matters, but I just thought about that

Dottington - Pictures, pictures, pictures, I wanna see them!! I can't believe you got those dresses for only $9.99! How was your performance? Did you have fun?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

themilesawaygirl-I met her randomly in my politics class! I'm so happy to have found an exercise buddy. Once may term starts I'm going to have her help me make a weight lifting workout schedule since she's super into weight lifting. I've had to completely change my wardrobe a couple times now. When I first started I was a size 14/16 and am now a 4/6…so yeah lots of sizes in between lol It felt good at first, but I was better off financially when I started and could afford buying clothes every month or two. Interestingly enough I've gotten poorer as I've gotten slimmer and get depressed having to wear baggy clothes that don't fit right and make me look bigger I've resolved this by trying to buy one new thing a month. I love fashion and used to have this awesome wardrobe when I was bigger, and I do miss it! Now I'm much less fashionable and have far fewer clothes As far as planning ahead, it gets easier the more you do it. At first it can seem daunting but once you get into a routine and have your go to recipes and meals its much easier to plan. I have a recipe collection and I usually make one or two recipes to last me the week for dinners, so buy the ingredients for that. Then I have my staples-bananas, avocados, sweet potato, berries, ect things I know I eat everyday so I always have those on hand too

Rie-Glad you had a good night! omg I LOVE cards against humanity lol Yay! Glad I have a scale break buddy How are you feeling about it? I'm kind of really enjoying it! The scale really messes with my mood, also I'm eating better too bc I don't want to gain when I finally get it back! Are you finding it easier at all? I admit I get weirdly anxious though, like I get cravings to weigh myself! haha I've only ever bought one weight loss book and was disappointed in it, I'm kind of skeptical of them, but the one you mention sounds really good! I don't have the problem with eating stuff just bc its there, I USED to though but its gone away with time and work thankfully. Instead, I get very specific very intense cravings and that's probably my biggest problem currently. Currently the only way I've found to deal with them is to give in a little, but try not to go overboard. I found if I try to ignore it, I lose total control and binge. Maybe that book could really help me understand those cravings better….Haha how was the chocolate cafe?! Was it chocolate overload? Was the chocolate pizza amazing?

kailpea-ugh that's the worst! Hope you're doing well

Hoopty-it was a lot of fun and went great! How annoying! Ugh I hate the dentist and when things don't go according to schedule/plan, I can only imagine how frustrating that was. Hopefully it goes smoothly at the next appointment! Great job hitting the gym though! Don't worry too much about the weigh in/measuring, we all have off days and either way as long as you're on plan most of the time its not going to do much damage in the long run

Ok posting some pics from the concert! I always hate stage photos bc they're always profile and shot from below Also including a pic of the beautiful chapel that all the orchestra performances take place in, can seat 2000! There were a couple hundred at the concert, it was a musical outreach concert for children and they had an actor come and take the kids of a "safari" through the music with lots of games, dancing, ect. Carnival of the Animals is basically a double piano concerto with orchestra solos in some pieces(most famous is The Swan for cello with piano accompaniment). So I'm including a shot of me and the other pianist too.

TOM is here and being awful Bumped my calories yesterday to 1600 to avoid a binge later. Otherwise my net cals since monday have been 1282, 1263, 1292, 1618, and today will probably end around 1300. If I can keep cals at or below 1600 for Sat and Sun then my average for the week will be 1400 net calories Slowly getting them down!

Went on a little hike today, 3.5 miles, 50 minutes, 3.9mph, 500ft elev, 350 calories burned. Need to get my weight training in this weekend for my exercise goal.

Feeling great about this month so far, school is almost out! Really excited and nervous for when I get my scale back at the end of the month I'm trying really hard so hoping that there will be a loss!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1310056.jpg (35.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1310066.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1310061.jpg (42.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310055.jpg (29.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1310072.jpg (33.0 KB, 9 views)
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #165  
Breathing.

Dottington, dear Lord, you look absolutely STUNNING! Had to say this really quick!