3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~*Rie's Weight Loss Pyramid Challenge!*~

Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #136
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

Well, I caved. I made a bikini ready challenge for 2014. I still would love for people to join this pyramid challenge but I had multiple people saying to me how much they were looking forward to a summer challenge and how it's really helped in previous years, so I just couldn't resist helping others! If you feel like signing up to the bikini ready challenge, then please do! But I really hope you will still participate in this thread as well! I think we've got quite a nice little group here =). Here's the link to the bikini challenge!

I have successfully completed my phase 2 nutrition goal!! I didn't have any ready meals for the last 2 weeks! It was pretty easy now I've moved in with my friends who I cook for, but now onto phase 3...DON'T BUY JUNK FOOD! Ahhh! This might be a little difficult for me as I am prone to a bit of chocolate or a bag of chips from time to time. But I specifically made the goal to say don't BUY junk food, since if someone else has bought something and offers me a small portion then I am allowed to say yes! But the goal is to stop me from porking on an entire portion all to myself.

As for my exercise goal, I'm still slowly getting back into the exercise game and my back is still giving me a bit of grief for being lazy for so long. But this week I ran twice! I even managed to improve my time last Saturday by 1 minute 11 seconds! Woohoo! I'm currently doing a 5K training program and it has NO strength days listed. But I think I'll replace the Sunday long walk with a strength session in the future so I'm not stuck on phase 2 for ages!

I keep forgetting to weigh myself so I have no idea if my weight has gone down or not this week...but I'm going to KOREA tomorrow! It's just for a long weekend, but it should be good fun! I'm going with my housemates and my boyfriend. I still need to pack. So I will be gone until Tuesday! Kinda gutted that I won't be able to workout while I'm away but I'm sure the hours of walking around and sight seeing with be a mini workout in itself.

Have an amazing weekend ladies, hope you all keep crushing it with this challenge!

---

MrsD - Thank you *hug*

Dott - Thank you, I know he was always really proud of my weight loss when I began this crazy journey. I hope I can continue to succeed to make him proud of me even more so! When you say cheats, do you mean cheat meals or cheat days? I'm a pretty firm believer in no cheat days, but I think it's nice to have a cheat meal. Helps keep us sane since food is unfortunately made to be delicious even when it's terrible for our insides! That's a shame about your boyfriend, I think talking to him will help the problem. But I'm sure he's just so happy with how far you've come and doesn't want you to be unhappy until you're SUPER skinny. I have the opposite problem with my boyfriend, he's gotten a LOT better but he used to be quite pushy with me to work out more. He says it's because when I'm working out consistently I'm at my happiest (which is true) but I just kept taking it personally like he just wanted to see me lose weight. It's hard to have your partner in that part of your world when they don't really understand what's really going on, so I can relate to you in that sense. I've had many a serious discussion about backing off and letting me do my own thing!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #137
Katherine

S/C/G: 272/TICKER/172

Height: 5'10

I think, I am going to change my exercise goal back to what it was before I decided to change it. =/ I think I got too cocky because I was doing SO well, but a few little things happened and I've really fallen off the wagon and having trouble getting back on. But it's nice out so I am going to get my butt out of bed and go walk outside.
12-01-13 Started Journey | 01-09-14- First 10 lbs (262) | 3-4-14 20 lbs (252)| 35 lbs (237) | 50 lbs (222) | 65 lbs BMI: 29.8 No longer Obese | Onederland (199) | 85 lbs (187) | GOAL 100 LBS LOST (172) Normal BMI
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #138
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Riestrella, Words cannot express how sorry I am about what happened. I cried reading your post. Take this and know that I am sending every bit of strength and love your way!

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #139

This is so motivating! I'm new here and love this idea. Thanks!
Crystalheartsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I'm back from my holiday. It was lovely to have a break and see my folks. I ate far too much but it was holiday! I've taken a little while to settle back into my routine and I've not been tracking, but I'm going to try and start tomorrow rather than waiting until Monday! I'm terrible for always giving up and saying I'll 'restart' on Monday and it's not been working for me, so I'm going to try and break this bad habit.

Silverfire How did the yoga go? Way to go with the measuring your food, drinking water and smashing it at the gym. Try to measure yourself too! If you're working hard at the gym your muscles might be retaining all that water so you might be changing shape without changing weight

Hoopty I cannot express how glad I am you posted your exercise goals. I, too, work out quite a bit and I was realllllly struggling to think of realistic goals to fit into my week. I had it in my head that it had to be "more exercise" which, although possible, is quite a stretch for me. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to pinch your measuring goal. What a great idea! I'm in the same boat as you with food. Controlling what I eat is so hard! We can do this

Dott I'm glad your trip to Catalina was great. You look amazing! I'm with you on the weekend struggle. Good luck talking to your BF about it, hopefully he'll understand and be supportive of you doing this for yourself. Let us know how it goes. xx

Rie so sad to read about your friend. I'm so glad that you're trying to take positives from this tragedy - to be happier and healthier in your own life to honour his memory. That must've taken extraordinary strength and just goes to show what a great friend and person you are. I hope your back's on the mend and not causing too much discomfort so you can enjoy your time in Korea! Hope you have an awesome long weekend.

kailpea how was the walk? Falling off the wagon is tough, I do it allll the time. But you get back on, step by step. I actually found it much easier than I thought to get back to the gym after my holiday, because d'ya know what, I actually enjoy it a bit!! You've been ill, your body needed to recover. Hope your 100% better and god luck getting your healthy groove back!

crystalheartsyou Welcome!

Have a fab weekend everyone. I promise promise promise I will have my goals sorted for Monday. I'm going to start this thing properly, and stick to it!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #141
Breathing.

Hello guys,

I've been doing pretty well I did not snack at work, ate healthy food, drank a lot, hit the gym 4 times and you know what, I just realized I pretty much stuck to almost all of my goals I'm tempted to weigh-in this Sunday but I told myself no! not this Sunday! I need to give myself another week especially because I just got done having TOM and your body obviously needs a few more days to adjust.

themilesawaygirl
- Girl, I know exactly what you mean! I was reallllyyy struggling to find exercise goals and kind of improvised. I am pretty much happy and content with my workouts, so I am really just trying to change little baby details here and there. So go ahead! I just saw that we're pretty much the same height and weight. Can I just say how much I hate the 140s? My body seems to love it though, gah. I cannot wait to hit the 130s again, hopefully very soon!

kailpea - Oh wow, 60lbs! It's so hard to say no to all the food that just sits around you all day, isn't it? And the thing is, everybody always brings in the most delicious stuff EVER! You said a few things happened - I hope you're okay and that you'll feel better soon!

Riestrella
- Okay, this is gonna be really embarassing, but I had worked at BK, too, while I was in high school My sister was the restaurant manager and as soon as I turned 16 she said "Heeyyy why don't you work a few days a week after school to make a little bit of money?" and I didn't really have to do anything to get that job, so I said yes. I ended up gaining 22lbs working there because I ate EVERYTHING. When I started working at McDonald's I knew not to eat there and I usually don't. But because life's thrown some very stressful and depressing moments at me I couldn't help but to comfort myself by eating their crap. But like I said before - I haven't snacked this week and that's what matters now Have a fun time in Korea, enjoy yourself and take care!

Dottington
- You look absolutely amazing in that bikini!!! As far as the bf goes...I understand both sides but I would just tell him exactly how you feel and he should understand. My DH was like that too, didn't want me losing any more (when I was actually weighing much less than I am now) but I told him that I wasn't 100% happy yet. And it worked

--
Time to get some beauty rest, bahaha. It's actually 11pm over here. We're going to IKEA tomorrow and I'm gonna have some dessert (I swear, IKEA has the best dessert in the whole wide world). I know it's gonna be hard to not overindulge but I'm gonna try my hardest.

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #142
Katherine

Well, I finally go through the first week of Phase 3 of Exercise . . . But I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be drinking carbonated drinks for Phase 4 of nutrition so I'll be starting over on that.

Had a nice walk yesterday with a friend and I actually wore my fit bit for the first time in like a week! got over 10000 steps in so feeling pretty good about that, but today I'm just being lazy watching college basketball. My Kansas Jayhawks lost (I went to school there for 2 years) but my hometown team, Wichita State Shockers are looking pretty good right now. EDIT: Oh well they lost in the end. They had a decent run though.

Good news, my husband has seemed to got a new interest in losing weight, so hopefully he will be as successful as I have been!
12-01-13 Started Journey | 01-09-14- First 10 lbs (262) | 3-4-14 20 lbs (252)| 35 lbs (237) | 50 lbs (222) | 65 lbs BMI: 29.8 No longer Obese | Onederland (199) | 85 lbs (187) | GOAL 100 LBS LOST (172) Normal BMI

Last edited by kailpea : 03-23-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #143

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Rie-Great job completing phase 2 nutrition! You're doing really well altogether it seems now, I really think moving and leaving your previous job was maybe a blessing in disguise Sadly I meant cheat days, I know I can't do them, but yeah had gotten back into the habit of them and yes they always turn into cheat DAYS/WEEKS I agree that a cheat meal/snack is fine and good for keeping one sane You're totally right about my bf worrying about me becoming too thin or never being done with losing weight! He looked at my jean size and was like "You don't want to be a size zero right!?" all upset like bc yeah he doesn't want this to be a forever kind of thing Plus he knows my history. That's really too bad about your bf being so pushy I would totally take it personally too! Is he active? Can you guys workout together? I understand he's trying to be helpful since he knows it makes you feel better, but still I can totally see how it would be bothersome. I hope you're having a fabulous time in Korea!

Crystalheartsyou-Welcome to the challenge!

TheMilesAwayGirl-I'm glad your holiday was good Good luck getting your goals sorted, remember you can always modify as you go!(I've had to switch them around a bit myself)

Hoopty-Thanks! You're doing so great! Keep up the awesome work

Kailpea-Great job getting those steps in! That's wonderful that your husband has shown interest in getting in shape too Maybe you guys can have some friendly challenges and or set up some competitions to keep you both motivated.

Talked with my bf and he was a little whiney at first, but in the end totally understood. Rie hit it on the head when she said maybe he's just a afraid I won't be happy until I'm too thin and that's exactly it. He also really likes my size now too and doesn't really see why I want to lose, but for me I know I can be so much more healthy and I know its going to take a little bit more for me to be comfortable. Also, I think there might be a little bit of fear too bc he has gained weight and gotten in worse shape since we started dating(he was almost underweight when we met so now he's just normal bmi, but he doesn't exercise unless with me now where before he did workout more) and I know he's been feeling insecure. Once summer comes it'll be better bc I can be around him a lot more and we can workout more together.
I managed to do really well this weekend with nutrition! Was totally on point Friday and Sunday. Sat I had a cheat snack, so that put me over calorie wise, but I'm not sweating it
Have to restart phase 4 exercise. Left it all for the weekend and got way too busy blah
Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #144
From Hippo to Hot!

Hello everyone!

So Seoul was fun! Wasn't an amazing trip since it wasn't really a touristy place but it had a really cool atmosphere. Plus, the food was dirt cheap, like wow. And so delicious! We walked for about 9 hours on our first day, my legs/feet were KILLING me. My friend had one of those fancy Nike Fuel wrist bands and it said he burned 1000+ calories, so we must have been similar.

But of course I've got some moaning to do...man I just feel so frumpy recently. I know everyone is harder on themselves than they should be, but looking at the pictures of me from the trip I just realise that things need to change! The double chin is threatening to come back onto my face, I just want to be able to see my jaw line! That was always my favourite part of weight loss, seeing my jaw line! Anyway, here's some pictures from the trip:

I went for a run the day after we got back and I was going to go on one today but the weather was sh!t so I'm planning on going tomorrow instead. I want to run at least 3 days a week! I dug out my good ol' Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" print out to use as a strength guide.

I'm going to be staying at my boyfriends for a long time since my housemates friends are staying (since it IS their place they're using my room as the guest room - which is fine since I have somewhere to stay!) and then the bf has April off. It'll be a big challenge since I tend to slip into bad habits around the boyfriend, so this will be a huge test!

-----------

Hoopty - Thank you for your kindness <3. You know I never did eat at IKEA, my Mum would take me and I would always get insanely mind numbingly bored. But now I'm an adult, I'd probably love it! Aren't their meatballs meant to be good?! No shame in working at a fast food place, it's interesting because in Japan all jobs are taken very seriously and there's always a sense of pride in everything. So when I go to McD's here (yes, I know, bad bad bad!) the people who are working there seem genuinely happy with their jobs. Compared to England where people just look so fed up and frustrated!!

milesaway - You know now you mention it my back is feeling a lot better! Been running a bit more and stretching and it's causing me a lot less discomfort. Every now and then I'll feel a twinge, but other than that things are getting better. Looking forward to seeing your goals =). I know what you mean about "restarting" but I think it's best to just restart NOW instead of waiting for the week to end. But I can definitely relate to the mindset!

Dott - Yeah, I think you're right! Leaving the job has been a good thing for me, it's given me time to figure out my future and what I want to do/who I want to be. My trip to Korea was one giant cheat weekend, it has to be done sometimes! But in a regular week I think a cheat meal is acceptable. It's hard...but we can resist! I need to work on it too.
Glad that your talk with your boyfriend went well, it's almost sweet in a way that he's got his body insecurities as well don't you think? I think so much pressure is on the woman's shoulders to be super thin and toned that when a man shows the worries of body image it's quite humbling. So happy to hear that you're not being too hard on yourself!!
As for my boyfriend...he's either been underweight but in the last 8 or so years he's been very much in shape. Very active, always feels the need to workout (whereas I feel I have to really push myself to). As for working out together, unfortunately he's into completely different exercises than I am. He loves kickboxing and climbing whereas I'm very much a cardio girl (running or something fun like Zumba). When I was 200 lbs he used to go on runs with me to encourage me and keep me company, but once I developed my confidence he stopped because I could kick his arse ;p.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #145
Katherine

Well, I finally feel like I am getting back on track with my goals! It's amazing how hard it is to get back on track after a few mishaps. Seems like forever since I have been successful! The weather is getting nicer so last Saturday my BFF and I set out in the morning at took a walk/hike we saw some deer not far from the trail, lots of ducks and geese and it was nice to see some of the trees budding. Yesterday, my husband and I went for a short walk around out favorite par and fed the squirrels and geese. Got to the gym after class today for the first time in what seems like forever. I was happy that I was able to pick up right where I left off with C25K and it even seemed a little easier than I remembered. Next time I am going to attempt to start Week 3.

We're taking a trip to San Diego In August for my brother-in-law's wedding and I realized that it was going to interfere with my first two days of nursing school. Rather than miss those days (8 hours apiece) I decided to defer my start date to the spring semester. I am a little apprehensive about this choice because i just want to be done with school already! I started right out of high school, but dropped out because i didn't know what it was I wanted to do. I feel so behind with but my husband keeps trying to tell me that it isn't a race. Sometimes it feels like it is though.

My husband is going back to third shift on Tuesday which is raising some concerns. When he worked third before, he slept a lot more and ate a lot worse. He'll be getting off at 7 am every morning so to counteract any bad habits, I am going to try and meet him at the gym several times a week so he has motivation to go. We talked about his weightloss and how be planned on doing it and we have very different views. I am a very goal oriented person where as he feels like goals will set him up for failure and has done so in the past. he said to start out all he cares about is getting the the gym, he isn't worried about what he does inside, as long as he gets there and after that becomes habit he will focus on what he is actually doing. I guess I can understand that, but for me I get such a thrill after pushing myself at the gym and I feel great afterward.

Rie: Those are awesome photos! I love the one of you underneath the rainbow ceiling! And I think you look great!

Dott: My husband and I had a similar conversation. We started out weight loss journey together back in December and so far I am 25 lbs down, he was doing really well for awhile and had lost 8 lbs, but he fell off the wagon and gained it all back and then some. He thinks I am being a little too obsessive about my weight loss, but unlike you I am no where near being underweight so I am not too worried. But I am going to start meeting him at the gym after he gets off work so hopefully that will help him along.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #146

S/C/G: 189/178/119

Height: 5"1

I joined up for the bikini challenge but saw this in the opening post and it looks really interesting so I think I might join in late and start doing this in tandem. I think I might really need the exercise goals as being part of it - the thought of exercising fills me with dread I will think of my goals and post them back here in the next few days.

I hope everyone's pyramids are going well

Mini Goal #1 No longer obese (159)
Mini Goal #2 Half way to healthy weight (146)
Mini Goal #3 Healthy Weight (133)

for every 5lbs lost (1 down 12 to go):
angelicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #147

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Rie-I love your pictures! I looks so beautiful and like a really interesting place to visit That's great you got so much walking in! I'm really sorry you're feeling down on yourself though We always are our own harshest critics. I think you look beautiful and happy in the photo you posted! I understand you not feeling comfortable at this weight though, but don't forget how far you've come and know that you are working on getting to a place you feel better at size wise. Are you and your bf planning any exciting trips or any fun things for April since you guys get to spend it together? Yeah it is kind of sweet in a way to realize even boys have those body worries haha That's too bad you and your bf aren't into the same kind of things exercise wise. I can understand though….I'm into really intense kinds of hiking/backpacking stuff and my boyfriend isn't. I have to really tone it down when we go hiking together so he doesn't think I'm trying to kill him lol

Kailpea-Great job getting back on track! Its so hard to get back into the swing of things. Your walks/hikes sound lovely. I wish we had more wildlife where I live, it's just lizards I feel you on feeling behind with school-I'm only a junior and am 5 years older then most of my peers. I get down about it too sometimes, but really your husbands right when he says its not a race. We have to do things at our own pace and when its right for us For your husband I think meeting him at the gym is a great idea. I love goals too and pushing myself, but everyone is different and I'm sure after he gets back into the swing of things he will get more ambitious and get a clearer vision of the approach he wants to take

angelicus- I too was having the most trouble with exercise(mainly finding time to) and this challenge has really forced me to find time and start exercising again. Good luck drawing up your goals!

Not much going on with me…just the same end of semester craziness After looking at my weigh in graphs and running numbers I think I've finally figured out my sweet spot calorie wise to lose at the pace I want to lose. Now its just a matter of sticking with those calories Its a little hard dropping them, but I know I simply need to power through and my body will adjust after a couple weeks. I've so far done strength training twice this week! I only needed to do it once but decided to do it twice of my own free will I've been feeling a little sore, but really good. This weekend I'll go for a hike. I found this really intense strength training plan online and am thinking of starting it next week.
The scale has been totally f-ing random since starting strength training though of course I'm looking forward to my bf taking my scale away for April, bc its really driving me nuts and I know with strength training more its just going to get worse with all the water retention
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #148

Height: 5'4

I finally did it! It's taken me 3 weeks but I've eventually managed to complete a pyramid to begin I've very much an all-or-nothing person so I've been trying to do everything all at once. Maybe this will help take things one step at a time! I'm a bit scared of failure but determined to get right back on track if I slip up and try not to let it get to me.

On the subject of slipping up - I had 3 pints of Guinness last night and the BF only had 2. I wanted that third one at the time, but now I'm feeling bad. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. That's what I keep having to tell myself! I've been soooo good with my food choices all week. I've got a really busy weekend and I'm trying to plan my food - I've got a game with my team tomorrow and I'm going to a boot camp on Sunday. I have to make sure I take the right foods with me and eat at the right time because it's going to be HARD WORK!

Hoopty How was the IKEA trip? I had a milkshake and a donut not long ago as a weekend treat. I skated there and back with my coach (about 3 miles total) so that's how I justified it! My body seemed to love the 140's too. I've been eating so well this week that I've seen the 130's again for the last 2 days but the test is keeping it off over the weekend. I find food has such a greater difference on my weight than exercise, do you have the same?
Hope you've had another good OP week

Rie I'm glad your back's feeling better. Your pics from Seoul are amazing! Those colours - WOW. Good luck with staying strong through April with your boyfriend.

Other halves are difficult to fit into these healthy plans aren't they! Mine joined a gym in January and hasn't been yet. He's not particularly overweight or unfit, but he wants to shape up. I find it really difficult trying to encourage him without sounding like I'm nagging. Kailpea it sounds like you're in a similar situation with your husband! I think meeting him at the gym is a great idea. We're both into the same things but go to different gyms - I quite like the solitude of working out on my own but it means I can't really encourage him that way. Hmm any ideas?

Angelicus I'm just starting on this challenge along with the bikini challenge too! I have the opposite trouble - exercise isn't a problem for me at all but controlling what I eat is mega-difficult! Good luck with your goals, mine took forever to think of

Dott Well done on the strength training. What's the plan you're thinking of starting? I love doing weights and hate cardio but I know I have to do it to get my fitness up! I'm not sure how I'd cope without a scale, I weigh every day which probably isn't healthy but it's interesting to see the fluctuations. Enjoy your hike at the weekend! x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pyramid.jpg (92.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #149
Breathing.

Hello guys,

I've been sick for a week now. Last Saturday when DH and I went to IKEA I started feeling absolutely terrible (perfect timing huh -.- couldn't really enjoy my desserts). I had a very high fever for a few days, muscle pain - typical flu symptoms. So all I've been doing is laying in bed. I couldn't really eat anything other than fresh fruit and the occasional piece of bread but I tried forcing down fresh carrot-ginger-smoothies to give my body the nutrients it needs.
For the past 2 days now I've been dealing with chest pains and I'm having a hard time breathing. It's starting to become really frustrating because I just wanna be healthy already!!!

Anyways, just a quick catch-up. Hope all is well with everyone!

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Old 03-31-2014, 07:06 AM   #150
From Hippo to Hot!

Hey everyone!

Life living with my boyfriend has had it's ups and downs so far.

Personal stuff:On Thursday 27th is was his birthday, but since he was working we didn't do much. We ate sushi (delicious!) and I went out while he was at work and bought him a slice of super fancy cake! I got some candles and sang happy birthday, since I realised that I've never done so in previous years!!

On Saturday 29th I celebrated his birthday proper with a long day of plans. First we went to get an American style burger from an awesome place in Harajuku. Not the best burger Tokyo had to offer, but still a very cool place. Then we went shopping for new clothes for him. I bought him 3 new tops then we went out to meet our friends (also my housemates!) and their 2 friends who are visiting Tokyo at the moment. We had a great night at one of our favourite restaurants, we even bumped into my old colleague while we were there! So I got to have a brief chat with him.
Afterwards we took the 2 visitors to karaoke, always a great time! It's always a bit awkward at the very beginning since no one wants to sing first, but I'm always the person to get the ball rolling then everyone starts requesting songs, dancing and we all have an amazing time!! I have no shame in singing like a lunatic even when sober.

The day after I was a bit hungover, but remembered that I'm too old to just be binge drinking into the night and paced my drinks and also ordered lots of water throughout the night too. The weather was pretty awful on Sunday, so we just relaxed and I had a pretty terrible day of eating! Just had way too much bread and ate candy late too...could have been worse but still kinda felt gross for doing it.

The death of my friend has starting to hit me recently. Just before I go to bed my head starts swimming with thoughts of him, I guess when I first found out I went to Korea shortly after so I didn't have time to properly grieve. I'm glad that I'm with my boyfriend though, since I probably would be much worse coping with it on my own.

Exercise has been alright...nothing to shout home about but I went running twice last week and then once more today. My pace has been really improving, so I'm really happy with that. Started out doing 11 minute miles but now I'm creeping towards 9 minute miles. Still haven't got around to strength training yet because I've been so focused on running, but I know soon I will bust out the good ol' dumbbells and get to work.

Food wise it's been pretty poor. I actually bought junk food and completely FORGOT about my goal to not buy it. My minds just been all over the place recently, so I really need to make the effort to achieve my goals! Like I mentioned before Sunday was just a baaad day. But I'm going to make sure I don't snack too much while I'm here.

That's about it from me! Hope you are all doing well.

------------

kailpea - I know what you mean about getting back on the ball, but sounds like you're doing such an amazing job of it so far! Your husband is right, life isn't a race! I sometimes get really bummed out that most of my friends are doing something that's earning them a comfortable lifestyle and in an area where they want to work, whereas I feel like I'm on some sort of gap year even though I graduated Uni 4 years ago! So try not to let your thoughts get too far into the future, just live for today since any doubts about where we should be in our own ideal world will just haunt us and make life miserable.
As for your husbands weight loss goals, I can understand where he's coming from. It's a great idea to meet him at the gym, just try your best not to push him too hard and let him do his thing. Sooner or later the inspiration to really push himself will come to him naturally, I'm sure!

Dott - Are you the type of hiker who likes to get it out of the way as fast as possible?! My Mum used to take Dad and I on these walks and tell us they were flat when they would actually be really hilly! Not so much of a hike than a walk but she used to just storm off into the distance while Dad and I would be trailing behind taking our time! Thanks for your words of support, you're right it's important to think of how far we've come rather than how far there is to go. No plans for April just yet since I do have to live on a tight budget, but we're meeting up with lots of friends to go to "hanami" which is literally "flower watching". Sounds super lame but people just have a picnic around cherry blossom trees, eat and drink!
How many calories are you on now then now that you know your sweet spot? Good idea to take away the scale for a while! Strength training is awesome for you but can cause horror on the scale! I need to take a page out of your book and get into strength training, it is on my goal list!!

milesaway - If you've been awesome all week then I don't see a problem with having 3 pints of Guinness! Your pyramid looks great, very official looking!! Good luck starting your new journey, we're right there with you! Don't worry about failure, we all lose weight at our own pace. I think if your boyfriend is different from you then you'll just have to leave him to it! I mean, I'm talking from the stand point of someone who isn't an all or nothing type person, it really puts me off when super motivated people are like "just do it this way!" If he wants to shape up, he will but in his own way. You can go to the same gym, but it doesn't mean you have to be side by side, you can just do your own thing!

Hoopty - So sorry that you got sick =(. And during your trip to IKEA too! Don't worry about weight loss right now, just focus on getting better. I'm sure you'll be fine and back on the horse soon!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.