Old 01-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #46  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Greg job guys! It's been a weird week for me. I was skeptical that following French women don't get fat would help me lose weight, but I'm down 2 lbs this week. I have some family stress that has taken my appetite, so I'm not sure how that will translate in the long run...
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

After a little detour, I am finally back at my starting weight of 230. Hopefully I'll see the 220s soon and won't revisit the 230s! Not sure how possible that will be considering I am going out to eat out tonight but hopefully it won't affect too much. I lose most efficiently when balancing out my carbs with protein (IR diet), but since I live in a dorm, the protein options are limited. Any ideas what are good protein options that are dorm/microwave friendly in terms of prep and cooking? Possible even no-cooking-needed protein options?

Glad to see that so many have been successful so far! Congrats to those and to the others who may still be struggling to get the holiday weight off, hang in there!! You'll be back down soon enough!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

For no cooking or low cooking protein, I'd go with beans, nuts, cheese sticks, eggs.

I've been bad. Terrible, actually. Pretty sure I weigh more than my ticker's high. Yuck. But tomorrow is a new day. I made some soup tonight and I'm going to try and do better.

Created a new goal sheet with my rewards for when I get to certain weights (most of which are jewelry that I want on etsy) and I really need to do better. Sigh.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 01-12-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

Last couple of days have been bad, it's that time of the month and my weight is all over the place and UP. It's unfortunate and I feel pretty crappy but I'm taking it one hour at a time today. Lots of movement, meals with protein, and lots of drinking water!

Hope everyone else is having a great monday!
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #50  
one pound at a time

Hi everyone, my life has been crazy the last few days with a lot of family drama.. the up side is that I havent had appetite for days, but the down side is that I have insanely bad stomach pain.. :X
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrylife View Post
Last couple of days have been bad, it's that time of the month and my weight is all over the place and UP. It's unfortunate and I feel pretty crappy but I'm taking it one hour at a time today. Lots of movement, meals with protein, and lots of drinking water!

Hope everyone else is having a great monday!
Right there with ya. I haven't even gotten on the scale. I am bloated and miserable and I know it'll be a horror show.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been stuck in the 200s since the beginning of the month, was my TOM the past few days, but I jumped on the scale this morning and finally found myself back in Onederland (even if it's BARELY there). Hoping I don't see those 2's again anytime soon..
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #53  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Hi guys! Hope I'm not too late to join in.

Another serial regainer here I was doing well after last summer, until my dog passed away whilst I was at university - and then I ballooned to my highest ever weight

Exams are over now and I'm falling back into a routine. Trying out slimfast this time round (it was on a really good deal - buy 1 get 2 free) and then once those tubs are done with, work back onto healthy 3 meals a day.

SW (15/01/14): 215.6lbs
Summer solstice (21/06/14) GW: 185lbs
UGW: 165lbs
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #54  

sounds good i'm 178 aiming to get back to the weight I was 2 years which was 148 by June.
clare1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #55  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Kate, I'm also a teacher and I know what you mean about the sweet treats in the teacher's lounge!

I've been MIA, but things are going well! I'm back at work, so life is crazy again after a 3 week Christmas break. I've realized that if I want time to exercise, I'll have to make the time. I've been waking up at 4:15 am to go to the gym. Thankfully it's just 2 miles away. I work out (cardio) for an hour, then rush home and shower, get my two preschoolers up and ready, then out the door by 7 for school!

I'm calorie counting (and incorporating a big green smoothie for lunch) and I'm feeling energized and great. Of course I'm in bed and exhausted by 9pm!

I weighed in yesterday at 152.2. I'm anxious to break back into the 140s since I'm coming back down from a 25 lb gain last year.

I hope you all are having a great week.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #56  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

I regain weight pretty quickly if I don't stay on top of it. Funny, I actually tend to eat more when I'm in a good mood, rather than when I'm depressed. So parties always results in....too many glasses of wine! =P

But this year is gonna be a big change! Gonna tone up and be as happy as I am on the outside as I am on the inside.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 203/203/168

Height: 5"11

I'm a retainer too! I thought I was a complete freak for gaining 25 lbs in 7 months! But it's really good to see other people are in the same position!

I was down to 175 in the summer and am now at 200lbs! A combination of travelling, new relationship and working/living in France surrounded by cheese and bread has not helped!

Now for the change.....10lbs off by the time I start back at work April 1st is my first goal. From then on I'll be on my feet, in the sun so not wanting to eat too much heavy foods and hopefully having done c25k over the next 2 months I will be comfortable to go running a few times a week in between my hours (living and working on a boat!). Let the changes commence!
angienofrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #58  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Angie, I'll be starting c25k in a couple of weeks. I completed it in the summer of '11 (when I lost all my weight the first time) and was amazed that I could actually jog for 30-40 minutes without stopping. Now I'm lucky to run for 3 minutes straight!

Happy Friday! The weekends are always the toughest for me to stay on track.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #59  
one pound at a time

hi everyone! its been a crazy two weeks. my grandma passed away on saturday morning and I've been struggling with maintaining good eating habits. I'm committed to trying to cut down my portions, drink more water and eat breakfast, and i've seen some good results but not as fast as i want, especially because an uncle who i've only seen twice in my life came to town and decided to say hello by shaming me about how much weight i've gained back. i was nice in my reply but it hurt and kept me from eating lunch (which is why we were in the same place).
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #60  

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohwhy View Post
hi everyone! its been a crazy two weeks. my grandma passed away on saturday morning
So sorry to hear about your Grandma, it must be a tough time, but I hope you have loads of support around you.

I haven't posted in over week because I've been so busy with it being my boyfriends birthday. A trip to Edinburgh and three nights of dining out, drinking and partying I really fell off the bandwagon but hey ho ... Monday and I'm right back on it.
I was all ready to go running after work tonight but I've lost my shin sleeves (I get brutal shin splints) so I couldn't go .. turned the place upside down but got so frustrated I gave up looking and decided to do some work stuff instead to calm myself down.

Weetabix breakfast, soup lunch and fish for dinner tonight.
K x
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote