Who's Ready for a Wedding?!...NOT ME!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Don't worry boys, its not my wedding ;p My older sister is getting married and she named me the legendary MOH- maiden of h-e- double hockey sticks...A.K.A maid of honor. This is the kick in the pants I really need. It's Oct. 30th, 2014. While it does make me feel better that the rest of her girls are bigger than me- I am currently 289 and 5'9", I am resolute to look fabulous and be truly fantastic looking. This is my start. Who else is with me? Hauntingly beautiful for Halloween 2014? Woot.
  • Get it girl! It looks like you have motivation, positive attitude and enough time to work on your goal. Sounds like a recipe for success!

Best of luck with both the weight loss and surviving your MOH duties!
  • I'm with you! My sister is also getting married and I want to look better for it. I've got till May, but I would be glad to do this with you.
  • Big events upcoming always seems to help motivate me! since I'm looking for motivation...hmmm who do I know getting married!!? maybe I'll make DH marry me again!!
  • I will be the bride this upcoming August! Losing this weight for my wedding day.
  • I'm in! No wedding to get ready for but I'm looking forward to next Halloween already!
  • I totally feel for you! my best friend got engaged earlier this year and ask me to be the 'slave of honor', and I had just started a new dietary change, and its been amazing, but a pain, but I've lost close to 70 lbs since she got engaged (and wedding is in less than two weeks) so it can be done! I am actually looking forward to seeing the photos now (even though I'm still quite large, at 267)
    Best of luck!
  • I also have a wedding coming up in August. I bough my dress and have to lose at least 2 inches from my hips so that my gown will fit me. I already lost 15 lbs for dress shopping which I am so thankful for since I was only able to fit into about 1/3 of the sample dresses as it was.

Hope everyone uses these events as motivation so we can all look great!
  • I've got a wedding in which I am MOH in May! The dress is ordered and I need to be down at LEAST 3 sizes. At LEAST. so... I've got a long road! If you have MFP, please add me! Jakeysmrs I need alllll the motivation I can get!
  • I'm getting married at the end of May… I definitely feel you girls. Knowing all those pictures are coming up is scary. I'm already at a lower weight than I was when I took my engagement photos, so it's definitely going.
  • I have a wedding at the end of May and my 30th birthday is in June. Trying to look fabulous for both!
  • I'm also attending a wedding in May!!! My ex will be there as well as my extended family who have always made comments on my weight so I'm excited to go looking slimmer! Although I was 160 back then, anything lower or at 160 I will be happy with since I don't have enough time events like this are great motivation!!
  • I'm with ya! I am a bridesmaid in my SIL wedding Nov 1st!!! A kick in the pants indeed!
  • My sister is also getting married and I am the MOH. Her wedding as been postponed once since her and her fiance ended up making major changes to their business (it was supposed to be Sept. 2013). As a result I already have my dress and the wedding is now this coming September. It also happens to be the weekend be for my 30th birthday (strangely enough the other bridesmaid also has her 30th birthday the day after mine).

I really want to go for my dress fitting end of July/ early August and have to have my dress taken in.
  • My boyfriend's brother is getting married in June. Thankfully I'm not in the party (and will be doing my best to dodge cameras, as usual), but I should probably try to look nice at least.