3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Re-gained 30 pounds in 2013. No excuses, just slipped back. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/290376-re-gained-30-pounds-2013-no-excuses-just-slipped-back.html)

melodymist 12-07-2013 02:43 PM

Re-gained 30 pounds in 2013. No excuses, just slipped back.

So the topic pretty much says it all. 2 years ago I lost over 50 pounds by counting calories and exercising. I had a bad week without eating right and exercising, That bad week turned into a bad few weeks, then a month. I didn't even weigh myself anymore. I did everything that I knew I shouldn't do. Even not visiting this site anymore.

Losing weight was hard. Maintenance was even harder!!!!!!! But I learned my lesson and I learned it VERY VERY HARD. I'm back and ready to lose these 30 pounds again forever!

My eyes opened about two weeks ago. I went to visit a special friend for the weekend. It was as hot as hel and they had a swimming pool. I felt so insecure about myself that I didn't even wanted to swim. Well, I wanted to I just felt tOo ashamed. Even ashamed to wear shorts in the hot weather.

I'm back on track now and I can say that for the past two weeks I have been at the top of my game and I'm feeling like my old self again. I missed feeling stiff after a workout!!!! I missed feeling energised. I missed feeling healthy.

Most of all I missed 3FatChicks.

Dottington 12-07-2013 06:59 PM

What's important is that you are back on track now! :hug: Its so easy to let one slip up turn into something much bigger, I think we've all had to learn that the hard way. You know what to do though to get it off! You got this!

Catladyindisguise 12-07-2013 10:27 PM

Yeah, I have been back on track for the last few days. as stated in my intro haha It's amazing how the feeling after a work out is so addictive. I had to take a break today. I donated plasma yesterday and didn't take the mandatory workout break and am now paying for it! Good luck!! : )

melodymist 12-08-2013 02:36 AM

Thank you for the support :)

sun 12-08-2013 10:50 PM

I feel ya! I lost 30 40 lbs a few years ago and gained it all back! I need to get back on track. Good luck!

melodymist 12-09-2013 04:24 AM

Sun we can stick together!

steinanwine 12-13-2013 12:53 PM

Way to go! I am in much the same situation as use! Lost 20 lbs, stopped exercising, stopped visiting the board, gained it all back and then some! Time to get back on track! Keep it up, I need to too!

EagleRiverDee 12-13-2013 01:20 PM

I completely understand, after several years of steadily losing or maintaining, I re-gained 20 lbs this year myself. I'm trying to lose it again now, too.

cfan 12-13-2013 01:36 PM

I am in the same boat. I had started my journey and lost almost 15lbs. Then I got a crazy job in retail mgt, which initially helped. Then I left the boards, diet went downhill, and then when I was starting to knuckledown and exercise, I broke my ankle. Complicating that...I thought it was just a sprain, so I just wrapped it and walked/ran on it at work. Now I have to let it heal naturally because by the time the doctor saw it, it was too late and had started already. So now I am just under where I started, and trying to eat healthly and test what I can do exercise-wise... yay life.

melodymist 12-13-2013 04:28 PM

I'm here with all of you. Excercising, counting calories, eating clean, training mean. We can do this!!!

amerrylife 12-26-2013 07:17 PM

It happens. I've lost weight and regained before. I'm ready to not do it again though. I'd like to get to goal and stay there. :)