Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #91  

I had a realization the other night when searching for clothes to add to my Christmas wishlist.I realized that I am among the largest size in the regular womens depart. And if I dont make a change Ill have to go over to plus size....I dont want to do that. I looked at plus size for gifts for my mom, sister, and brothers girlfriend and it was not cute. Also realizing I come from a fat family and may always be a little fat but I can still be healthy.
Also preworkout today my.scale said 193! I lost 3 pounds after AF came to visit thia week!
Also its all about positive thinking. Im eliminating cant from my vocabulary. I was at the gym today and I got tired and said okay I cant do this anymore then I immediately said no. Cant isnt going to happen. I refuse and went on to do two more sets of lunges and squats to complete my 90 minute workout I said I would do.

Last edited by goldengirlamy; 10-29-2013 at 12:20 AM.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 84.8kg / 70.0kg / 63.5kg

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
grapefruit - I know how you feel, but it's best to admit to the gain than to just ignore it. Besides, if you don't weigh in for 2 weeks you'll be moved to Standby!

I know I know! I will be weighing in And I've surprised myself, I've dropped 2lbs! I think it's because I have been watching my food more than I gave myself credit for - after lugging myself out of bed to weigh in it's a nice surprise. I'm sorting out a proper exercise programme today and making sure I stick with it, too.

Well done everyone who's lost weight this week we can definitely accomplish this

Last edited by grapefruit; 10-29-2013 at 03:24 AM.
grapefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirlamy View Post
I had a realization the other night when searching for clothes to add to my Christmas wishlist.I realized that I am among the largest size in the regular womens depart. And if I dont make a change Ill have to go over to plus size....I dont want to do that. I looked at plus size for gifts for my mom, sister, and brothers girlfriend and it was not cute. Also realizing I come from a fat family and may always be a little fat but I can still be healthy.
Also preworkout today my.scale said 193! I lost 3 pounds after AF came to visit thia week!
Also its all about positive thinking. Im eliminating cant from my vocabulary. I was at the gym today and I got tired and said okay I cant do this anymore then I immediately said no. Cant isnt going to happen. I refuse and went on to do two more sets of lunges and squats to complete my 90 minute workout I said I would do.
Good job! I also didn't feel like going to the gym yesterday. My whole schedule was off due to a scheduled meeting which was canceled at last minute!! But after work I was like "just go to the gym for 40 minutes. you can do 40 minutes." and i did and then felt great! So good job to us both!
chubbySister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #94  

Great to hear chubby! I am definately sore and I almost said no to working out but thwn I got myself up and said no Im sore but I can walk. Ill go and do a long tredmill walk if anything
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #95  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! So I'm at my boyfriends now, I woke up this morning feeling like cr@p. I think I'm super dehydrated. It doesn't help that I have a chesty cough that makes me cough like a smoker when I wake up. Today I'm going to RUN. It's going to be a short one to ease me into it, just one lap around the local park. Then I'm going to go shopping in Shinjuku, head on over to h&m since it's the only shop in Tokyo that doesn't intimidate me. They have loads of boutiques here so I have to ask for sizes (for one, I don't know how to do!) and I just know they don't stock fat sizes! Japanese women are teeny. I did a super quick strength workout last night, it really was about 10-15 minutes of lunges and squats. Kinda sucky, but I guess it's better than nothing? Felt my heart rate go up so I guess it counts!!

---------------

golden - I know how you feel, when I was at my highest weight I was getting into sizes that were on the cusp of being plus sized. But it's great you're having a revelation, because that means you'll see success! You CAN do it!!

grapefruit - Congrats!! What kind of exercise will you be doing?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #96  

Risterella I am in Seoul Korea so I feel your pain! Asian stuff is soooo cute but I was just not made from it. We have about 6 more months here...so even if I lost 50 pounds and were a single digit size...Id still be lucky to be able to squeeze into some clothing from here!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hey guys! So I'm at my boyfriends now, I woke up this morning feeling like cr@p. I think I'm super dehydrated. It doesn't help that I have a chesty cough that makes me cough like a smoker when I wake up. Today I'm going to RUN. It's going to be a short one to ease me into it, just one lap around the local park. Then I'm going to go shopping in Shinjuku, head on over to h&m since it's the only shop in Tokyo that doesn't intimidate me. They have loads of boutiques here so I have to ask for sizes (for one, I don't know how to do!) and I just know they don't stock fat sizes! Japanese women are teeny. I did a super quick strength workout last night, it really was about 10-15 minutes of lunges and squats. Kinda sucky, but I guess it's better than nothing? Felt my heart rate go up so I guess it counts!!

---------------

golden - I know how you feel, when I was at my highest weight I was getting into sizes that were on the cusp of being plus sized. But it's great you're having a revelation, because that means you'll see success! You CAN do it!!

grapefruit - Congrats!! What kind of exercise will you be doing?

I'll be doing a lot of running because I enjoy it although unfortuntely it'll be in the gym because unlike at home, at university there aren't many great places to run outside! I'm also planning to do more yoga, and strength classes once or twice a week at my gym. I also play netball for a team here.

I'd love to go to Tokyo, are you based out there for work? I know what you mean about clothes shops in Asia though, when I've been there I just stick to the Western chain shops, which is a shame but necessary a lot of the time!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #98  

Just did a Piloxing class - supposed to be pilates and boxing, actually more like trying (unsuccessfully) to follow dance steps to too-loud music and an annoying curly haired loud lady who wants you to shout things like 'Yeah! I'm strong and sexy!' NEVER AGAIN.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #99  

So today is Wed one week since I signed up an I lost nothing I've been excercising but obviously that isnt enough. I know I can eat healthier I just thought a little sweet here and there wouldnt hurt but I see not! I need to step it up in order to meet my 15 lbs goal.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #100  

Alright, I have an 18 pound loss goal. Let's do this!
Shaunalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #101  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapefruit View Post
Just did a Piloxing class - supposed to be pilates and boxing, actually more like trying (unsuccessfully) to follow dance steps to too-loud music and an annoying curly haired loud lady who wants you to shout things like 'Yeah! I'm strong and sexy!' NEVER AGAIN.
haha this sounds hilarious! were people really into the yelling they were strong and sexy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campana View Post
So today is Wed one week since I signed up an I lost nothing I've been excercising but obviously that isnt enough. I know I can eat healthier I just thought a little sweet here and there wouldnt hurt but I see not! I need to step it up in order to meet my 15 lbs goal.
there can be a lot of factors to not losing anything this week, just keep at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunalynn View Post
Alright, I have an 18 pound loss goal. Let's do this!
Welcome!
__________________________________________________ ____________

yay it's wednesday! I am feeling a little better since I pulled my back. Hopefully, I can do some light exercise this weekend. I'm at 140, so very close to my goal of 135. Hopefully I'll see a 3 in my weight by the end of the week.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 146/116/110

Height: 5'0

Hi ladies,

I know I'm a weigh in late but I'd love to join. I've been a frequent lurker but very limited poster on here over the years.

I have a vacation somewhere tropical coming up around new years so this is a great challenge for me. I'm also finishing up my final semester of nursing school so I'm ready to kick the 15 lbs I've put on during university. (at least it was over 4 years and not a just freshman thing lol)
kitkat2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #103  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I ran for the first time in a month! I looked at my Zombies, Run app and my last run was at the end of September. The weather was perfect and I felt a spring in my step so I really enjoyed it. I only ran about 1.75 miles, so not quite the 2 miles that I have on my schedule, but it was still close enough! I think I did a 12 minute/mile, I didn't time myself properly. My headphones crapped out on me too, I put my iPod in between the 2 bras I wear so I was fiddling with the headphone cable...got a lot of weird looks from people! But oh well.

Today I'm going to go again, same distance but now with new headphones!

Yesterday I did a lot of shopping, got myself a brand new coat which was a pretty big deal for me! It's poofy and warm but it's got a waist belt so it doesn't make me look like a marsh mellow. I also got a nice knitted jumper, then did some Christmas shopping. I did my usually "better pick L size" but ended up being an M! Even for the coat, which I usually have trouble with because the zip or buttons are really stretched around my chest, but nope! No problem zipping up my new coat! So happy. I probably could have bought the jumper in an S but it would have been snug and I liked the looser feeling of the M.

Funny story, one time on my way to work a guy started talking to me and asked me stuff like "what are you doing in Japan" "how long have you lived here" then he asked "do you wanna go for lunch?" I panicked and gave him my number with no intention of actually meeting him, a big no no I NOW know but I never really got cornered like that before.

So anyway, yesterday in a completely different place he comes over to me and says "hey beautiful" I was like uhhhhh. He had texted me loads (I never replied) but then gave up so I thought he might say something. But he had no idea who I was!! He had completely forgotten he had met me!! In hindsight I wish I would have just said "please leave me alone" but I guess I'm not ballsy enough to do that! I just played along like we had never met, gave him a fake name (but no number this time) and mentioned that I had a boyfriend. It was so weird though! He said he wanted to "meet a beautiful woman like you" and stay in Japan. I was thinking you're not gonna get a woman by just harassing them in the street!

---

goldengirl - I know, right?! It's funny because sometimes I see overweight women and I feel like asking "where do you buy your clothes?!" because most of the time they still wear pretty cute clothes!

grapefruit - Sounds like we have similar workout desires! I should fit in Yoga more often, and I like to strength train too. Man, I feel your pain for running indoors! I can't do it personally but better than nothing. I was about to say, are you from the UK? before seeing it in your profile! Oh, Netball, I really hated it in high school! I just wanted to play basketball! Hated standing still with the ball!! LOL about your Piloxing class! What the actually eff?! That sounds embarrassing for HER. Would never have mixed pilates with boxing...

Campana - Yeah, you have to change your lifestyle to see a weight change. It's ok to have sweets once in a while but it won't help you lose weight!

kisskiss - Glad your back is feeling better! I'm rooting for you!

kitkat - Welcome! Please weigh in this week! Or you'll get moved to standby (I move people if I see 2 "-" marks!) since I just go on autopilot!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 231/187.4/119

Hey ladies, just had my weekly weigh in. Well, I weighed in twice, actually. Stupidly went to the gym before my usual weigh in, and of course gulped down the water... Resulting in a .2 pound loss. Needed a bit of a motivational boost this week so went back an hour or so later to weigh in again. And second time was a charm, with 2 pounds down! Yeah! Need to keep my focus this week. Saturday I am off to the races, into the fancy corporate marquee area. Which means free flowing alcohol and finger food. Yeah! But yikes! All my resolve goes out the window after a few glasses of bubbles. But I am not going to not drink. I will just have to try my hardest to keep it under control and not go too crazy. That's my plan, anyway... !
Lyndality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #105  
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

I just added my name to the spreadsheet.

For some reason I really like to buckle down with my diet and fitness at the end of the year. I am odd?
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote