Welcome Welcome!! So great to see lots of people signing up!
So this challenge is very important to me. I've been away from home for 10 months and since then I have GAINED weight. My parents always looked to me for inspiration (their words not mine!! I'm not that egotistical!) and I would feel a tad ashamed if I went back home chubbier than last year. If I can lose 1 lb a week I can be at the weight I was at my thinnest, maybe even a little less, so it's a great incentive for me to stick to it and make sure I can go back to England with my head held high!! I'm still hosting the Halloween challenge, but I'm actually LAST in that challenge
. The host...LAST! I feel like I should at least be in the top 20! I'm here to redeem myself!!
I am doing a 10K race over the Christmas holidays, I feel slightly mental for doing a race in WINTER and on my time off from work! But I'm doing this race with my Mum (hopefully, she has a tendency to drop out of races she signs up for =/) so it's special in a way since I've never run a race with her. She's in her 50's now, but has run a bazillion races (10Ks, Marathons, Half Iron Mans...) so it'll be great to share this with her. She's always struggled with her weight, despite being an amazing runner, so I hope this inspires her to make a push to lose weight too! I have to start my training on the 21st October, so the day this challenge starts, and stick with it (with 2 weeks off while I'm working on a film) so the timing will line up perfectly with the race. I'm hoping running will help me lose weight, it has in the past, so fingers crossed I can make my goal this time around!
- 20 lbs is ambitious! Just don't be disheartened if your birthday throws you off a bit, enjoy yourself! I wouldn't worry too much about the body fat/hydration stats. It's probably a generic formula that works it out. I'm almost certain you have to measure body fat by measuring multiple areas of your body.
- Ooh, a wedding! Definitely a great incentive to join!!
- Welcome back! At least you didn't gain weight, give your body a big congratulations on being awesome and not gaining. You're so close to your goal!! You can do it. I do not envy your crazy schedule...I don't know how you do it. You make me feel even lazier than I am...and that's pretty darn lazy!
- Yay! Welcome to the new challenge! Glad to see you coming over here =)
- As long as you're not under eating and losing weight in a healthy way, then I encourage you to listen to your own heart in terms of your goals. I have had way too many people say "your goal weight is too low" and even "Please stop losing weight." Literally, the latter was said by my Dad in a very concerned way. I think I was like 155 lbs at the time! That's still overweight for me!! Amazing job on what you have accomplished so far, incredible!!
- Welcome! How do you remember that?! I had to dig up old (and embarrassing) diaries to see how much I weighed.
- Hoopty!! You're back! Welcome!! We're the same height, may I ask why your goal is 120 lbs? Have you been that weight before? I ask because my goal is 130 lbs and I know that's the mid point of the healthy BMI range.
- What's Nutrisystem?!
- I like your thinking! Welcome, let's kick butt together.
Sorry to anyone I missed out personally, I read your post but all I have to say is WELCOME!! Let's do this together!!!