Old 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #136  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Riestrella - Wow, amazing artwork!! You must've been so happy you found those. The earrings are cute, too. Especially the little flower ones!

---

I've been jumping around between 143.2 lbs and 143.0 lbs, though I gotta say, my BM's had been absent for a couple of days until TODAY, FINALLY, lol! Also, I ate quite a lot of mint chocolate yesterday (and peanuts - SODIUM ALERT!) so I wasn't surprised that the scale didn't move this morning. Why am I rushing anyways? Well..I kinda wanna get close to 141 lbs by Saturday since it's DH's birthday that day and I'm gonna be eating tons of food.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #137  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

So I decided to start a new blog. I made a blog about all the random things going on in my life, but I realised it wasn't focused enough. So I decided to make a blog focused purely on weight loss. I've always liked the idea of running a semi-popular blog, and I've always liked keeping some sort of a journal, so I figured why not? I made a different thread in the forum, but here's the link if you're interested in seeing it: http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I had a sh!tty day today! Was really lazy and had a ready meal and a coke =/. Need to get my attitude in order and start really focusing on training for the 10K. I'm not backing out of it so I might as well get to work and stop making up excuses!

----

dehtripper - How come you're continuing to lose despite being happy with your body? Personally if I felt I was perfectly happy with how I looked I would focus on maintaining rather than losing.

Hoopty - Thanks! It was hard not to buy more, there were hundreds of stalls. It's a shame I don't have a better quality camera on my iPod (could use my dslr, but that would be so much more effort!) to capture the quality of everything. I always use the lowest of my weights during the week. Slow is definitely better! Don't worry if you don't reach your 141 lbs goal by Saturday, enjoy yourself regardless!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Hmmmm, you make a very valid point. While I am overall happy as is, I still on riiiiiiight on the border/above the overweight/normal line for my height. Also, the the big tangible fatty bits left are almost all right around my waist (which isn't a good place to carry it). While I don't want to go crazy and never be happy, I know that there is still a bit a healthy weight to be lost. And I'm so close to my original goal!!! It just seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10 or so now that I'm healthy and generally comfortable.

I'm not much of a writer myself, I love ready healthy/weight loss blogs. Will definitely check it out!
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #139  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehtripper View Post
Hmmmm, you make a very valid point. While I am overall happy as is, I still on riiiiiiight on the border/above the overweight/normal line for my height. Also, the the big tangible fatty bits left are almost all right around my waist (which isn't a good place to carry it). While I don't want to go crazy and never be happy, I know that there is still a bit a healthy weight to be lost. And I'm so close to my original goal!!! It just seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10 or so now that I'm healthy and generally comfortable.

I'm not much of a writer myself, I love ready healthy/weight loss blogs. Will definitely check it out!
I see! I understand wanting to move away from the borderline so if you do regain a little bit you'll still be healthy.
I've never been a healthy weight in my adult life, so I'm really curious at what weight will I think "yup, I think I'm done!" I put 130 lbs because it's in the middle of the healthy range, but my friends seem to think that would be way too skinny. My best friend said she was at my goal weight and felt a bit too thin, but she doesn't realise being 2 inches taller than me makes a difference! But who knows, I might feel happy being 140 lbs.
Please do check out my blog! It makes ranting away all seem worth it if people actually take a look!!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Hi Rie: Going to have to withdraw from this challenge. I have a half marathon to train for and I have decided that maintenance calories would better suit my training plan. However if you're still doing challenges in march 2014 I might join you then. Good luck everyone!!
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #141  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Riestrella - I checked out your blog and will definitely keep up with it! You got some amazing and entertaining writing skills, lol! Also, now that I actually saw your journey in pictures I gotta say - Wow! You've been doing really well so far! You've lost a lot! Hopefully the 10k will be the big motivator (again ) and you can break out of your current not-so-healthy routine.

--

How's everyone been doing? I weighed-in at 141.6 lbs this morning, so I'm gonna wait and see if it sticks. Hopefully I'll stay in the 141 lbs range this week, that would be awesome So excited for DH's birthday!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 146/116/110

Height: 5'0

Hi ladies, (all ladies I think). So the last couple days have been pretty good food wise. I made a food plan for the work week since I'm in full time placement at the hospital and working serving a few evenings. I tend to do well if I have my food planned and made. I did schedule in a few workouts but thus far they haven't actually happened.

I went out for dinner sunday night and overindulged when a friend suggested we share a dessert. I tend to weigh daily and was up .8 lbs from that night and only still working my way back down.
kitkat2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 231/187.4/119

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks, I've just come back from my weigh in and I am up an appalling 4 pounds! I am pretty devastated. I know I drank way more than I should have at the races over the weekend, and I have had a few less than perfect days... But 4 pounds??!! Come on!!! I am so angry with myself. It seems I still can't control what goes in my mouth unless I am watching myself super closely and being super strict. I honestly think I have an addiction problem with food. Grrr. Want to cry. Will have to stick to plan 100% this week. We are off to Bali for a holiday in about a weeks time. I can't wait but this gain has made me very paranoid about what I will eat, and kind of scared I will let that dictate how much fun I will have. Sigh. This is my first significant blowout/gain since I started my journey, and it's really doing my head in!
Lyndality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #144  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys, there's a new post in my blog! Please have a look =) http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/

But in a nutshell, really enjoying having Insanity back in my life. I got an amazing weigh in of 156.7 lbs this morning, a 1.1 lb loss from yesterday!

---
Isobel - Good luck with your half marathon! I've moved you to standby, if you find you are losing and want back in just let me know.

Hoopty - I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read my blog! It's become like my pride and joy in the last week, I hope I can keep it up. Thank you so much for the encouragement! It's easy to forget where I came from at times, especially in this year long stall. Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your husband's birthday!!

kitkat - Planning ahead always helps me, good luck staying on track! It's ok that you slipped up a little, no ones going to yell at you but yourself! I think it's nice to have a treat every so often =)

Lynd - I think finding a balance between being strict and being easy going is a good way to go for quality of life. Sure, you probably would lose faster being super strict - but then you wouldn't be very happy when you're out and about and can't eat delicious food! I think slowing down when you eat is a good place to start. Always put your utensils down with each bite, chew a long time, talk to people. You might find yourself being full a lot quicker. I know I do, I inhale food that's my problem. If it's there, it's in ma belleh. You're probably up so much because of the drinking, drink LOTS of water and I'm sure you'll drop! Make sure to add a note in the spreadsheet if you're going away so I don't move you!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-07-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 84.8kg / 70.0kg / 63.5kg

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndality View Post
Hello chicks, I've just come back from my weigh in and I am up an appalling 4 pounds! I am pretty devastated. I know I drank way more than I should have at the races over the weekend, and I have had a few less than perfect days... But 4 pounds??!! Come on!!! I am so angry with myself. It seems I still can't control what goes in my mouth unless I am watching myself super closely and being super strict. I honestly think I have an addiction problem with food. Grrr. Want to cry. Will have to stick to plan 100% this week. We are off to Bali for a holiday in about a weeks time. I can't wait but this gain has made me very paranoid about what I will eat, and kind of scared I will let that dictate how much fun I will have. Sigh. This is my first significant blowout/gain since I started my journey, and it's really doing my head in!
I am SO jealous you're going to Bali!!! I love it there, I went last summer. Whereabouts in Bali are you going to be for your holiday? You'll definitely be able to eat healthy food there as well and guessing you'll be fairly active, or if not active then at least quite hot and so less hungry. Enjoy it Doing any diving/snorkling?

: Morning everyone, just got in from a run, I'm at home instead of university so I can run in the countryside, it's so nice, although I feel less fit than last time I was running here (I did about half as far and burnt twice as many calories haha!) But going to use my week at home to get back into logging food and exercising and feeling healthy and less stressed.
grapefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Oh man Bali sounds splendid right about now. As does running in the countryside. Hmmm, I think I need to get out of my office.

I actually lost this week, midst the Halloween treats and beers. Its a great motivator to keep on the losing train and just get myself to goal.

Riestrella - I was reading through your blog (yay!) and I have a completely non-weight related question fi you don't mind. Your post about living in Japan got me thinking and I wanted to know whether you've come across many places that actually ban tattoos. Every once and a while I stumble upon articles about being asked to leave X/Y/Z because of tattoos and I've wondered how common it really is from someone actually living there (being relatively covered myself). Not that I have plans to visit the country anytime soon but can't imagine having to wear sleeves, pants, shoes etc all the time. Alright, I'm done being off topic.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #147  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehtripper View Post

Riestrella - I was reading through your blog (yay!) and I have a completely non-weight related question fi you don't mind. Your post about living in Japan got me thinking and I wanted to know whether you've come across many places that actually ban tattoos. Every once and a while I stumble upon articles about being asked to leave X/Y/Z because of tattoos and I've wondered how common it really is from someone actually living there (being relatively covered myself). Not that I have plans to visit the country anytime soon but can't imagine having to wear sleeves, pants, shoes etc all the time. Alright, I'm done being off topic.
Thank you so much for reading my blog! I really appreciate it =D. The times I've come across a "no tattoos" ban has been at the gym and in onsen places (hot spring). When I joined a gym I had to sign a contract and one of the rules was no tattoos. I do have a tattoo on my back, but because I would always wear a t-shirt it never caused a stir. It's common knowledge that onsens have a no tattoo policy, but I think the places where they expect Westerners to visit are the places that will enforce it. I went into an onsen but I wasn't kicked out, even though my tattoo is large and obvious. I THINK I saw a bar somewhere that said "no tattoos" once, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm 100% sure I saw a place that said "no foreigners" though ;p. I can imagine having tattoos everywhere on your body might get you turned away, like if you were going to go into a club.

I think the acceptance of tattoos is SLOWLY coming to light. I've seen a few Japanese people with tattoos though, it's rare but it's out there. Unfortunately this country is run by the older generation, so there's taboo about a lot of things that really shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #148  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Tohisha77:
I feel you I twisted my back and today marks two weeks of no exercise and pretty bad pain. So glad that you identified the problem and you're getting better!

dehtripper:
we are so similar in height and weight, so I can relate to this so much. I'm pretty happy with how I look, but I also kind of want to get those last 5 off. When I hit normal BMI, I was ecstatic, and you're right, it seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10. But, it'll happen. It might take longer that we want, but it'll come. Good luck

Lyndality:
It sucks to see the scale go up, but keep in mind it might be salt intake so may be it's not a true reflection of your current weight. Don't cry! Just wipe your hands and start again.
Think about that awesome Bali trip you're going to go on, it sounds freaking fun and I am totally jealous.

Riestrella:
Rie, I checked out your blog.Love it! Read your about me section, and I feel like I know you now (lol creepy right? ). anway, good job with the insanity and the 1.1 lb weight loss. Also, freaking cute dino costume!
__________________________________________________ ______________

happy friday everyone! I've had a pretty terrible two weeks. I sprained my back two weeks ago, and then re-injured it last week when I picked something up that was too heavy. Had to go to ER and have been on bed rest and painkillers since. Even got a week off work. I haven't been able to exercise, but surprisingly I weighed in at 139.2 this morning. 139!!!!!!!! lol sorry I just am so friggin happy about that. I never thought I'd see it.
The better news is that my back feels so much better so I feel like I'll be able to work out in no time and I can go back to work. Staying home all day gets old after a few days.

139!!! lol sorry, I just feel awesome right now. even with the back pain. Have a good weekend everyone!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #149  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Updated my blog with my ramblings of today! http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/ I talk about "The Runners Nod."

I've gone up in weight today, trying not to let it get to me since I know it's because I'm working out again. One time when I was running and I stopped running for a week I think I lost 2 lbs. Crazy how our bodies work.

Tonight I'm going out to a Ninja restaurant. I've heard fun things about the place, but not really expecting much. Here's to hoping it's epic. Going to try myself to be "good" but will enjoy myself too.

3 mile run has been completed! So this week is shaping up to be an awesome one exercise-wise.

----

kisskiss - Ahh, thank you so much for checking out my blog! Not creepy at all, I'm just so happy you read my silly words! I feel like I know you a little bit more when I read your blog - it's what they're there for right?! Hehe, I do love that dinosaur onesie, someone at my old work place had a party where we all wore them. It was pretty amazing.
I was updating the spreadsheet the morning and saw you weighed in at 139 and I was like "fuuck yeah!" CONGRATS! I can only imagine how elated you feel right now, I would be on cloud 9! I'm sorry your back only got worse, that must be horrible, but I know this weigh in must help your spirits =). If you creep back into the 140s in the next few days don't sweat it, it takes a while to really get into a new "decade" of weights!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-08-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/153

Height: 1,73m

Hi everybody

I went up one lbs from last week; I was eating too much and can't exercise due to having my wisdom teeth pulled. I've been walking and doing a little bit of ab training, but I'm not supposed to do rapid movements or get the wound hot, so I can't run/crossfit for another week.

Well, hope you guys had a better week, weight-wise take care everyone!
183StGB is offline   Reply With Quote