Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #76  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Just entered my info and now I'm on my way to work.

Pretty sure everything on this page is off, since this is my first post in a few months and I may have let myself slip. :3 With the reminder that Halloween is about 2 months away...let's do this!

Have a great day everyone!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #77  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Had a bit of a workout meltdown today. I biked 2 miles and burst into tears for no apparent reason, running out of breath and everything. I swear this PMS is kicking my butt. But.... I went home and got on my dad's stationary bike and biked 10.3 miles. I have now broken short-track tri time and more importantly, outdistanced my dad.

Namaste: 1
PMS: 0

namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #78  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

kisskiss:
I am finding Ripped is harder than Shred. It has 4 workouts rather than the 3 shred has too, which pleased me! They really are similar tho, so if you liked Shred you would like Ripped just as much! Ripped uses more weights if I remember right, I feel like I am using them more anyway.
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #79  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So...yesterday was a baaad day. My period is here and it makes me a CRAZY EATING MONSTER who eats everything in sight. I honestly always feel hungry and find it really hard to not eat. Stupid excuse, but thankfully the damage wasn't TOO bad...I went up 0.6 lbs. Today I'm going to be good and do my workout (which I didn't do yesterday - boo, Rie!) and be good with eating. Oh, and drinking water.

Anyone up for taking a before and after picture?? I take one every 5 lbs I lose so my next picture is due when I hit 155 lbs.

Oh yeah, today I'm going to ATTEMPT to take sexy pictures for my boyfriend. I made a thread recently about discovering he had pictures of hot girls (not a lot, but enough to make me feel meh about it) on his iPod...and one poster suggested taking sexy pictures so I thought "why not?" I'm a bit nervous...I'm coming on my period but today is the only day I can do it when he's not around. It's our 4 year anniversary in just over a week so I wanted to surprise him with them on the day. I hope I can get SOMETHING, it's going to be so hard trying to take them in my tiny apartment (that's cluttered with cute stuff - not entirely sexy haha) and trying to take them myself!! Wish me luck =S

---

namaste - Yeah, I would advise sticking to one scale for sure!! You're so close to onederland, it's going to be EPIC when you reach it. So jealous of your new running shoes, I love a good pair of comfy shoes. Sorry about the melt down! It happens, but GO YOU for literally getting back on it and working out hard!

jessica - As you can tell from my update, YES! Periods can affect the way you feel but it's no excuse really...us women always like to use periods to be naughty but it's not a good enough excuse. Thinking about exercise? Just DO IT!! I know what it's like to plan out what you want but sometimes you've got to do less thinking and more moving.
Thanks for your input about the talk with the boyfriend, you're right - whatever will be will be! I think we're aiming to live in New York, he isn't a huge fan of California but we'll see. It's either New York or LA so it is an option!

Mara - Thanks!

Dott - Yeah, I am so relieved! I just hope my wedding goes the way I want, not some green card quick wedding. I don't know how to say "sooo...if you DO propose can you give me a while to plan the wedding?!" haha. I'm just happy he didn't say "I don't think I want to get married" and the relationship would have to be over! So yeah, a huge PHEW moment!
OMGOOSE SO CLOSE!! I was in the 140s for a BRIEF moment before I moved to Japan, the 150s have been haunting me ever since. So I'm rooting for ya!

kisskiss - Thank you! HUGE CONGRATS ON HEALTHY! That's so awesome! And you SHOVE IT IN HER FACE how WRONG she was about you! Stupid condescending people!!

luvmy2girls - You can be a sexy chauffeur!! Haha, might be a bit inappropriate though...yeah!

Atarimae - Welcome! You can do it!

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #80  
Underdog to Beastmode

Rie- You go girl! I'm a little shy about taking sexy pics with my fiancé but definitely will when I get a little bit less flabby! My fiancé is such though that I could take a pic fully clothed after a workout and he'd think I was gorgeous. Gotta love those kind of men. My fiancé loves looking at models too, and yeah it sucked at first but I pretty much got over it. I just accepted it as being a part of what he liked and worked around it. I know he still likes me better and the odds of him actually getting with any of these women he follows online are approximately 100000000000000000 to 1. lol

-----
Going to call it an early night tonight if I can ever drag my butt off the PC. Got a 5-day (yes 5-day!) break from school and my parents are out of town til Monday! That is always a happy occurrence. I will try and get some running in but do a run tomorrow (I'm doing a 50-day running challenge so it would suck if I missed a day!) and chill out for the evening and go to my strength/cardio combos on Saturday evening. I really need a rest day since I've been going at it continuously for 17 days!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

I decided to wait til this morning to enter a weight, tom is still hanging around but it's not as bad but scale read much better only lost .2 but better than a 2lb gain!!!!

I wont be around til tuesday my husbands grandfather found out he has cancer throughout his body and doesn't have much time left. So after the kids get out of school we are driving 7hrs to NY to see grandpa and the family.

I hope you all have a great weekend and congrats for all the weight lost I just looked at the chart some really good numbers!!!!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #82  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Kisskiss- ya i gained 4lbs. and probly starting any moment now. I know its water weight and i have to keep reminding myself that.

Namaste-3rd grade or below. I love the little ladies and gents.
--Nice work on so many miles and for releiving some pent up stuff. Even if you didnt know what it was for.

Luvmy2girls - Welcome!!!

Rie- Im trying to avoid the grocery store because my cravings are beginning to show there ugly face. (ps i have to go grocery shopping soon unless all i want to eat is eggs and spices!) Hopefully our willpower will stay intact.
You are one brave lovely lady! I would be way to terrified to do sexy pics. lol

Momof3preemies-I wish you a safe and blessed trip. I hope that it goes smoothly and peacefully. P.s. i start TOM any minute now. :/

Last edited by jessica2231; 08-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #83  
Underdog to Beastmode

Jess- That's super awesome. I will have to teach when I get my master's, so that should be interesting, lol. I've seen the way some of the students treat my professors so I'm hoping I won't get insulted too badly.

----
Down to 209.6 today. Hit a major financial snag though since I don't seem to be getting the rest of my paycheck that the job I quit at previous owes me. I've been getting a lot of encouragement from my friends so its been helping. I'm still in beastmode and I'm still getting it done. I also beat my August goal just in time!

Last edited by namaste984; 08-30-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

KisskissGreat job on the normal BMI!

namaste Great job keeping with your exercise routine! And girl, you are on FIRE with the weight loss! Enjoy your long weekend

Rie Taking sexy pics are so much fun! haha I know your bf will love them Oooh! I really like the before and after pics idea! I'll take my before today then Are we going to post them when we do the afters when the challenge is done? Or do them now?

momof3preemies I'm so sorry about your husbands grandfather Hope you and your family get to spend some wonderful quality time together this weekend!

Ugh TOM seems to be bothering everyone this weekend, myself included >_< Away at my bfs so didn't get to weigh myself today, but when I weighed myself after work yesterday I was down to 150.6 Food intake was good yesterday a little bit more then my ideal amount because of TOM but only by a little. This is like, not weight loss related but I made a wonderful breakthrough yesterday in my two difficult pieces!(I'm a pianist) Its funny because with piano I improve in whooshes and its the same for me with weight loss! haha Its like I work work work and kill myself trying to improve and then one day it all makes sense and is easy. Just like how the scale will be dumb for weeks, then one day I'll just drop 3 lbs
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #85  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well...I did it! I took the pictures. It was so difficult! I don't have a tripod for one, so it was really difficult trying to set up the camera on furniture. I had to set the timer, JUMP in front of camera then strike a sexy pose within 10 seconds >_<. Trying to look sexy was also a bit difficult too...some pictures were just hilarious. But I managed to take 5 shots that I was happy enough with. I really wish I had someone taking the pictures for me, it would have made my life so much easier! I'm not entirely confident with them though, before I took the pictures I had an idea of what they would look like in my head but then when I tried to act them out it just failed!!

I went grocery shopping, couldn't decide on what to eat for dinners so ended up getting bits and bobs. My boyfriend has had a tough week so I bought him a LOT of junk food so he could relax for the night playing video games! He loved the gesture. I had a few Pringles and a Sprite though, so that was naughty of me ;_;.

Today we're going to FINALLY watch Star Trek: Into Darkness (Japan gets everything so freaking late!) and then we're going to a Turkish restaurant for dinner. So yay! Hummus!! I miss hummus...

Going to cram in my workouts now before I have to get ready to go out...didn't do it yesterday either. I know, I SUCK!

---

namaste - You should try it! If he finds you gorgeous clothed, imagine his face looking at some risque pictures ;p. I know what you mean, I'm slowly starting to get used to it, I'm hoping the pictures I send will get a good reaction - kinda nervous! Definitely rest your muscles, girl!! 17 days in a row is not good for anyone! But I admire your determination nonetheless.

momof3 - Don't worry about TOM gain, it'll whoosh down soon enough! So sorry about husbands grandfather =(. *hug*

jessica - Haha, I always live by always go shopping full! Shopping on an empty stomach is a dangerous game...

Dott - I really hope he does love them!! It's entirely up to you when you post it! But I always like keeping picture records of my weightloss. I'll post mine when I get to 155 lbs, which is hopefully soon! I remember reading somewhere you were a pianist, that's so awesome! I played piano for years but never had lessons so I'm not that great - but I loved it. Do you have any videos of you playing? Congrats on the loss!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #86  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Rie ~ Thanks for the warm welcome! Hope the sexy pics turned out well! I've never had the confidence to such things for ANYONE. Not even when I was considered "normal"

namaste ~ 17 days! Wow, nice job! Hope your financial situation clears up!

momof3 ~ Glad you saw a slight drop! TOM is not nice to me at all. Hope you see the whoosh!

Dottington ~ Ah that's so awesome! Glad to see the correlation between your piano playing and your weight loss. Great job! My sister's a pianist and gahhh, it just looks so complex!

~~

So today is my last day working at my former college's on campus job. I'm with a new school now and will have to be unemployed since, well, we're not allowed to work during student teaching (which I'm set to start next year). I'm very fortunate to have my family backing me up and essentially letting me live with them rent free, as long as I help out around the house.

I just hope this means I have more control over what we eat, esp if I have dinner duties!

Speaking of dinner, I just found out that my favorite meal at a local restaurant is over 1000 calories. 1000 CALORIES! Good gosh, I used to inhale that like it was nothing. I limited myself to half a portion though, since that's what I had last night. The rest was lunch. I feel a little deprived though, since my body's used to eating it all. LOL. Oh well. :P
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #87  
Underdog to Beastmode

Atari- Good luck! I totally feel you on that one--- being unemployed, that is. But I voluntarily chose it in my situation. Thanks so much for the encouragement! Yeah it kind of sucks about the financial situation especially since I was expecting something rather large financial-wise that didn't happen. Ah well, it is what it is.

Rie- Yes, I amped up my workouts a bit before I rested so everything was hurting, my knees, my butt, and practically everything else. The rest did my body good too. I feel much better and even lost a bit of weight.

-----
209.0 this morning, which gave me exactly 22 lbs lost. Super excited and much less depressed today. Could also be because I stopped my AntiD's again, which I tried for one day yesterday and that was all I could handle. I was in a MOOD lol. Thank goodness I don't need them anymore.

I am going apple picking with my fiancé this Sunday in Illinois, so we will be spending the day over there. Today we will hang out during the evening, so I will take the day to myself (and who wouldn't want to on a day like this?) and go driving, and do some chemistry homework. Sounds like fun right? lol
Old 08-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Rie Hm I think I'll post when I get into the 140s, which hopefully with be any day now! lol Oh man, I've definitely had to master the pose-and-look-sexy-in-the-10-seconds-it-takes-for-the-camera-to-take-the-picture skill before hahaha It sounds like you have a really fun night planned! I hope you like Startrek. I liked it, but I'm also a total trekie I do have videos of myself playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYp91StT4Q and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOHmXOBZ7_E Now these are OLD HAHA I haven't had to opportunity to have someone video me playing recently, so this is when I was still 180lbs T_T

atrimea Well at least your family is helping you out and being supportive during this tough financial time, and that would be really cool if you were able to make healthy dinners! That sucks about your favorite meal...I've definitely have had that shock before :/ but its better to know and although you don't feel entirely satisfied with half, eventually you will be

namaste so glad you're feeling better today! Apple picking sounds like a lot of fun i've never gone before, what's it like? Seems like the perfect fall date.

Yesterday was my rest day. Last night me and my bf walked around rodeo drive and chilled at his apartment and had some cocktails and listened to music. It was actually super super fun. I NEVER drink and neither does he, so its was kind of a big deal for us lol Feeling a bit tired today, but not hung over so that's good Its so warm in LA bleh I think we'll be visiting a friend, then maybe go walk around a nature preserve? Not sure still
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #89  
Underdog to Beastmode

Dott- Thanks! Apple picking is fun, they pull you on a cart on the back of a tractor to the apple farm, which usually not that far. They give you this thing that looks like a pitchfork with a basket on it that you use to pull apples off the tree. It takes at least 30 minutes or more to catch your bounty, because since they are out in the sun a lot and susceptible to sun, rain, bees, etc., a lot of them have spots! It's about 30 cents per bag of apples, so we usually pick 5-6 apiece and have lunch at the general store. But both of us are a little low on fundages so we'll probably grab lunch out there somewhere. My fiancé is pretty health conscious though so we will find something healthy.

-----
I have discovered the run/walk combo, and it was good. I realized that running is not something you can just throw yourself into headfirst, you have to pace yourself at the beginning so you don't get burnt out or even worse, injure yourself. Plus, the more I space out my run, the easier it is on my knees and joints! I'm running at about 3-2 now, for about 27 minutes (3 minutes ran, 2 minutes walked) and that works so much better for me than throwing myself headfirst and trying to run a consecutive mile in a week! But the good thing is, the more you exercise, the more you learn not to be stupid about it.

I saw my weight drop during the day, so I'm expecting a very nice loss if I'm lucky. Who knows, I may be in Onederland by the end of next month. I'm keeping my fingers and toes and strands of hair crossed! lol

Last edited by namaste984; 08-31-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. I just finished getting back from a conference and now I am ready to be back into my routine. I will have to go back and read the thread as it seems this is a talkative group I had to post a weight gain this week, but it could be I had to eat dinner out during the 4 days of the conference and I am weighing in on a different scale now so that could also have effected the numbers.

Namaste - I agree the walk/run combo is the way to go. Less likely to get an injury and still get a good work out in.

Atari - When are you starting your student teaching? I was a student teacher about a year ago and it is tough you will be thankful that you are not working because it is harder than a full time job! Do you know what grade yet?
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote