Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #46  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Well last week was your starting weight and this week is how much you've lost from last week to this week. So I guess the starting weight column is the unofficial week 1?? Confusing!
Oh ok! I get it now. So no need to change anything for me. Thank you.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #47  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

versace congrats you're doing awesome!
rie your relationship was long distance also? How did you make it work? We already have a great foundation but we both have really solid lives in our respective locations (homes careers friends family etc) so if things continue to progress we might have to flip a coin to see who moves
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

I have never posted my weight publicly unless it was at the doctor's office (and even then I asked not to get on the scale anymore). I have never worn a er, slutty halloween costume but there's a first time for everything I know that I won't lose the 35 pounds by Halloween, but it will definitely keep me accountable!
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #49  
HijabiMommaBear

KAy7JAY- Hi there. Me and my Fiance' have a long distance relationship as well. He is 4 hours away. We started our relationship while being 5minutes down the street from eachother and then a little before we got engaged him and his family had to move due to being on the brink of losing there home. It has been almost 3years since he moved and even though we both find the phone annoying at times. We are actually gratefully strong in our relationship. We will probly be apart for at least 3 more years. (till we are finished with school) I feel your pain but its possible. We are on our 5th year of being together too!

Last edited by jessica2231; 08-27-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Kisskiss and Versace-That's so cool how you're both into hiking too! I wish I could find hiking partners where I live lol

namaste That's an intense workout! I'm sure you get fabulous results from it

Riestrella Blogilates is awesome! Hope you're enjoying it

Monkey'smom I know its always hard for me to post my weight too, but good for you for stepping up and joining the challenge! I find challenges really help me stay accountable.

Jessica That's amazing how you and your fiance have made it work!

Soooo sore today. Attempted uphill trail running along this steep hill on one of my favorite trails near my house. I only was able to run 31% of the time(which makes me feel lame) but I know I have to start somewhere! My goal is to be able to run it straight by December!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #51  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My weight is down a small fraction this morning, down to 156.3 lbs (-0.2), I'll take it! Today I'm going to focus on drinking lots of water and completing my workout for the day. Today is day 3 of blogilates beginners, a total body workout. It's the first cardio video today by the instructor, Cassey, so I'm curious to see how hard she works out. Pilates is great for core, but I do love a good sweaty cardio session!

---

Kay - Well my boyfriend and I started our relationship while we were around each other, then I graduated Uni and moved to the north of England. He still had a year to go so we did distance for a year. He was an 8 hour train ride away, but we tried to visit each other at least once a month. We paid half of the travel each time and took it in turns to make it fair. So...lots of visits are a must!
After a year of that he moved back to his home in America and we didn't see each other for 7 months. THAT part was tough. But, I guess it worked because we simply loved each other. There was a lot of trust, but there were times when I would feel jealous and nervous that he might meet someone better than me...I guess that's my own confidence though. Sometimes I would even get jealous that his friends got to see him and hang out with him and I was forced to email - distance can do weird things to your head!! It makes you sensitive to more than you realise, so patience is also key.
There was always something to look forward to though, I was originally going to move in with him in America but things changed and now we're both living in Japan (long story!). We don't live together right now, which sucks at times, he lives an hour away but we spend our weekends together so I see him a lot. So I guess my point is that it's always good to have a future to look forward to. If you're both really set in stone about where you live then it might be difficult for you. I always knew I wanted to move, despite having a great family and amazing friends (not many job opportunities though), so that made it a bit easier for us. I hope my experience has helped somewhat. Feel free to ask anything though, I tend to waffle off point!

Monkey - This site is definitely a good place to share your weight. It's not seen as an embarrassment (at least I don't think so) and it will make you realise that it is just a number. Good luck!

Dott - Don't feel lame, I can imagine trail runs are HARD! I struggled just running flat so don't lose heart! You have to start somewhere, I'm sure you'll improve. Did you see results with blogilates?

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-28-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #52  
HijabiMommaBear

Dottington- Thank you! So blessed.

Riestella- So agree. Must visit and keep in touch no matter how annoying your hot phone gets in the heat of the summer. lol :P

I just started school again. Wooho Microbio here I come. Study Study Study time.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

You are so dang hilarious!!!

Hoping to get to my **previous low** of 168 by Halloween! No sexy costume for this momma, but hoping for some new jeans!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #54  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Dott- It totally is but I get great results from it!

Jess- I'm going for microbio later on myself!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #55  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Down .8 this morning, down to 236.2 lb Yahoo! I hit 250 at the beginning of this month so it feels good to be headed in the right direction!!

Last edited by cheeriloos; 08-28-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: not .4!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

So I haven't put in my weight because its the lovely time of the month and when i weighed in i was plus 1.8lbs so what should i do just put the gain or wait til tom is done and weigh...? advice? thanks!

Last edited by momof3preemies; 08-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #57  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

I just post whatever the scale says that day, then when you lose it you put your new weight.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #58  
HijabiMommaBear

namaste984 Nice! What is your major?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3preemies View Post
So I haven't put in my weight because its the lovely time of the month and when i weighed in i was plus 1.8lbs so what should i do just put the gain or wait til tom is done and weigh...? advice? thanks!
Hey love! I would suggest just putting it in. Or if its gonna bother you just put your weight before TOM. I am about to start mine to. blegh. Either way your amazing and dont worry about it. TOM comes and goes.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #59  
HijabiMommaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysmom View Post
I have never posted my weight publicly unless it was at the doctor's office (and even then I asked not to get on the scale anymore). I have never worn a er, slutty halloween costume but there's a first time for everything I know that I won't lose the 35 pounds by Halloween, but it will definitely keep me accountable!
Wow! reading your post just shot me back to 2 1/2years ago. That was me. Literally before I went to the dr and saw the scale said 255lbs!!! The only weight I could remember was 140lbs(8thgrade2002) then 220lbs(2008) freshman year of college.
I totally feel you but it felt so freeing to get out denial(i was in total denial). It also was nice to finally share it in a place that was so supportive. Everyone is literally here for us. Most people I dont even talk to but seeing there stories and hearing about there journies they give me hope and appreciation. They help not to feel ashamed and angry at myself. So I hope you get the same freeing feeling and healing.

Last edited by jessica2231; 08-28-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Riestrella thanks I have trouble sticking to any kind of indoor exercise, but I do think Cassey has some really great workouts and she just seems so cool! By the way, the story of you and your boyfriend is so cute and its really amazing how you've made it work!

Jessica I start back at school next week! eep! Good luck with the studying, I imagine with your major you have to study a lot I noticed you live in Huntington, that's actually not too super far from me, I'm in Loma Linda.

Jaimie You can do it!

cheerilos great job!

Namaste That's great that you're getting results By the way, I totally love your blog!

So yesterday I took a rest day but still ate very sensibly. My weight is still dropping! Yay! Ugh I can taste the 140s! Just got back from my trail run, was a little easier today, went a bit faster(2 minutes) and ran for a minute longer! So I ran 43% of the time this time, which made me happy I can really feel myself getting stronger from uphill running. Eating has been really good lately, I think intuitive eating has started to become more natural for me.

Great job everyone! It's so exciting to see everyone making such great progress!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote