3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What are you excited about this week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/286143-what-you-excited-about-week.html)

Daki 08-12-2013 12:58 PM

What are you excited about this week?

What diet/fitness/whatever thing are you excited about this week?

I'm excited because I made my sloppy joe recipe healthier and I get to eat it allll week for lunch. Yummmm. I also have cinnamon almonds for my "leaving work" snack this week.

Fitness-wise, I'm excited to go home and do the 30 Day Shred while dinner is in the oven.

fitstrongchica 08-12-2013 01:33 PM

For me, I just changed up my workout routine and am doing a lot of new exercises this week. I've been doing the same things all summer, so I'm excited to see the progress I make with these new changes.

Munchy 08-12-2013 01:39 PM

I'm excited about cucumber subs!

http://www.grocerybudget101.com/atta...tid=969&cid=18

PaleoPeanut 08-12-2013 02:29 PM

Cucumber sub? BRILLIANT! That looks really good.

goldengirlamy 08-12-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchy (Post 4814645)

Without getting a bunch of "That's what she said..." jokes
How do you eat this? I can't even imagine my mouth opening wide enough to bite into this, or is it just much bigger in the picture?

I'm also excited about just working into getting into a habit of daily exercise. Finding ways for it not to be a need, but for fun. I'm playing raquetball this afternoon with a friend, that's fun!

namaste984 08-12-2013 08:46 PM

I wouldn't say a thing! *sits on hands to prevent bad sense of humor from escaping*

Cucumber subs would be awesome, except I don't really like cucumbers for eating. However, they are great for your skin, lol.

I am excited because I tried protein bars this week and I like them a lot better than protein shakes, lol. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill and burned 120 calories AND am down almost 15 lbs! I'm so stinkin' excited. :)

Daki 08-13-2013 09:55 AM

Man, some exciting things you've all got going on!

I'm gunna sidestep the jokes because they are too easy (....), but I'd imagine either buy a smaller cucumber or slice some out of the top and bottom or the middle when you are cutting it in half. The idea of a cucumber sandwich is really cool, not sure I'd actually like it but it's neat to know it's out there lol.

dehtripper 08-13-2013 10:27 AM

HA!! That sub looks awesome :)

Food-wise: I'm really excited to see how switching from WW to watching calories/macros effects my weight this week. WI tomorrow.

Fitness-wise: Uni gym is closed so I'm trialing a bunch of other local gyms which is fun but also makes me realize how good we have it. Also, not this week, but I'm excited to be NOT be the fat kid on my first real fieldwork trip since starting my journey (coming in september). And it will be uber good fitness - heaving heavy nets and lots of big fish. Pumped!!

jessica2231 08-13-2013 11:29 AM

Im excited that I am back and working on my health again. :) :carrot:

LadyPetite 08-13-2013 11:37 AM

I'm excited about the low-carb lifestyle I started yesterday and so far haven't been tempted to cheat. I wouldn't last more than a day trying to eat any other way. So far so good, feeling just awesome this morning!

mhill0823 08-13-2013 11:59 AM

I'm excited that I discovered a new breakfast protein shake while playing around in the kitchen the other day.
I blended up:
1 banana
4 strawberries
1 peach
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
and about a cup of ice.

I put half of it in my cup for breakfast and left the other half in the freezer for the next day because it made a ton.

It was super good and it made me full all the way up until lunch time, which NEVER happens for me!:)

Also, today is day 5 of no caffeine for me!:)
I gave it up for health reasons and I'm finally over the headaches and feelings great!!:)

namaste984 08-13-2013 01:48 PM

mhill- That sounds delicious! I will have to try that. :)

I did yoga for the first time today in six months. It kicked my butt but that's okay, at least I got out there and did it! :)

Dottington 08-13-2013 03:19 PM

OMG cucumber sub is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen! I love cucumber too so I will definitely be trying that!

I'm excited that after my backpacking trip I'm actually not that sore and have been doing walks with my mom. Its exciting that my rest days now aren't just me vegetating, but involve still being active :) I'm also excited that the 20 day hardcore challenge has started on here because last month it really helped me so much!

krampus 08-15-2013 02:18 PM

I'm excited to go on a long hike and get CATS this weekend!

namaste984 08-15-2013 02:21 PM

Krampus- Great to see you again!

I'm excited cause I just broke a 2-month plateau and have lost 16 lbs. Booyah! :)