Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default HELP - Horrible case of "I don't even want to eat that!"s

Like I said, I've got the "Don't Even Want To Eat That"s. It's been a two-, maybe three-week thing. It comes on every few months of watching what I eat, and it's time to knock this one on its tush .

So, I know we all have our plans. Eat this, not that, some of this, lots of thats... But most things can be tweaked to fit since we are all focusing on healthy 'round here.

So post your go to dish here, please, help a lady out!

Maybe I can get off this frozen dinner with a side of pre-packaged sweet kale salad with cranberries and pumpkin seed thing I've resorted to, and branch out instead of caving in.

I can't be the only one 'round here stuck on blah, can I?
And I doubt I'm the only one needing a new yummy lunch/dinner/breakfast/snack!

Come on, Ladies and Gents, you're my only hope!

zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I do lots of 'casseroles'. last nights was:

* 2 bags of frozen veggies steamed in the microwave (approx 10 servings of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
* 1 12.5 oz can of tyson chunk chicken breast
* 2 cans of campbells Healthy Request Mexican-Style Chicken Tortilla Soup

I mixed all the ingredients together and poured them in a large casserole dish and topped with 2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheese and baked at 375 for 40 minutes I think.

6 servings at 314 cals per serving.

I topped mine with some salsa and a little bit of ranch dressing. the flavor can be altered depending what soups you use. Creamier soups thicken up better than broth-y soups
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #3  

If you have a crockpot, another fav of mine is making shredded chicken with boneless skinless chicken breasts.

the shredded chicken can go on top of salads or be made into chicken tacos or into bbq sandwiches and so on.

If you don't have a crock pot check local salvation army type stores, they usually have them for pretty cheap
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #4  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I've tried doing casseroles, but the leftovers tend to sit in the freezer until the day after garbage day and get rather frost-gross. Must not be my thing if I don't have family around to help me eat it the same day.

Cold Shreaded chicken, how could I forget this thing! I finally caved an got a crockpot yesterday afternoon. I personally don't like to make meals in them because everything seemed to come out tasting the same and soft to me whenever I had some from a potluck or wherever. But I like the idea of cooking meat in there.

Goes to show how much I forget when I get in these blah-ruts.

So I tossed in three frozen chicken breasts and water in last night (with a lot of garlic and random seasonings that sounded good (cumin, cayenne, pepper, a little salt, garam masala, onion powder, a little olive oil just to burn it up and see if that did anything, etc). Woke up to the strong scent of chicken at the late hours of 3AM, tossed them in tupperware, and went back to sleep.

My "Salad" of match stick carrots, a shreaded chicken breast, and 2 tbsp of yogurt ranch dressing is going well right now. Sure beats that half-defrosted Smart One Egg Quesadilla thing I was gonna eat.

THANK YOU pnkrckpixikat!
How do you usually cook yours? Do you use a particular BBQ sauce or make your own?
I heard that putting the chicken in with a jar of salsa was pretty good too.
I'm going to hunt for a recipe using some strong spices (hopefully with an Indian twist, I <3 Indian food).
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Cook yummy things :

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
http://www.epicurious.com/articlesgu...tritiousdishes
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #6  

For meant that is pretty much how I cook it, a little bit of water and various spices. I then portion it out so I can do different things different times I eat it. I tend to use whatever BBQ sauce DH has purchase recently (usually one of the jack daniels flavors), or buffalo sauce and a little bit of light ranch, or salsa.

Never tried to cook it with the salsa but that does sound yummy!

I know what you mean about casseroles getting frosty, most stuff I freeze does that but it has never bugged me. But listen to what your body likes or doesnt like.

You could try doing mini casseroles in just one or two servings by reducing the amounts you put cook. I just like to cook bulk so I have frozen stuff to grab. The veggies can be bought in resealable bags, soup can be kept for awhile in the fridge in tupperware, you can eat a serving as soup one day and use the other serving in a mini casserole. and you can use a serving of the pulled chicken you cooked in the crockpot. you would just need a small pyrex-type dish and those come in all sorts of sizes