Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/185

Height: 5'10

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,

I thought I would join for accountability. I'm really bad at weightloss. I was up to 226 in highschool and lost to 173 through a lot of unhealthy behavior. I have been overweight, yet active since I was a child. Unfortunately, I've packed on weight again. I'm currently up to 204 lbs. I feel so embarrassed. I had to trade up for size 12s and want to conquer this in a healthy way once and for all.

I'm 5'11 and 204. That's too fat for me. I'm going to join crossfit and try to clean up my eating. After gaining 14 lbs this summer during my summer associate position, it's time to get that off.

What plans have worked for you?
alicrimson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #2  

Hi there I'm a newbie too - 5'9 and 206lbs. I'm going to be trying home workouts, Insanity then PX90 I think along with healthy eating. I would love to join crossfit but I'm moving internationally in the next few weeks.

Like you, I joined for accountability. I hope you reach your goal soon!
Pyrrhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! You came to the right place, 3FC is GREAT for accountability.
I love to hear that you're ready to start again in a healthy way--! There are a lot of ladies here with a lot of different approaches, and some of them are bound to fit your weightloss style.

In terms of being "good" at weightloss... well. I think it's a struggle for everyone, or there wouldn't be super-populated online forums dedicated to people reaching out to each other for support. We're all in the same boat-- working long and hard towards a goal, and helping to keep each other in check! Definitely know you're not alone!

I'm not exactly a shining example of weight loss in my current state, but in the past I lost 40 lbs through strict calorie-counting. I ate 1200-1400 calories a day, and the weight melted off with very little exercise, or deference to the KIND of calories I was putting into my body.

Unfortunately, it wasn't sustainable. I wasn't able to eat 1200 calories for the rest of my life, and I wasn't able to avoid junk food for the rest of my life. Add to that that I'm an unfortunately black & white kinda girl when it comes to my eating habits, and I'm either "on" (eating obsessively healthily and feeling incredibly high and mighty when I turn down offered junk food), or "off" (Binging. And eating whatever my little heart desires).

This time around, (which only started a couple of weeks back) I'm working hard to put together a more sustainable plan. Exercise, no limitations, just checks and balances.
I'm taking hard-as-**** spin classes 2-4 times a week, going out of my way to add in extra walks, and am consistently trying to keep my eating balanced. I will eat something unhealthy for dinner, then balance it out the next morning with a healthy breakfast, a walk, and a healthy lunch. I'm adding in vegetables I don't normally like in an attempt to develop a taste for them and have been eating more lean meats and fresh fruit.

The weight is going, too. It's slow, but it's consistent, and I feel comfortable with the plan I'm using to make it happen!

Good luck to you (and you, Pyrrhic!), and remember-- only healthy approaches will keep weight off in the long-run!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote