Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #16  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Amy- That sounds awesome, best of luck to you in your studies!

------
So yeah, back home and dealing with my mom lying to me some more. I don't know if she's lying more or I just didn't notice it before, but she owes me A LOT of money and told me she would pay me at a certain time today and then this afternoon told me she never said anything about that and said she would pay me in 4 days. And this is not the first time she has done something like this. The past few months since I moved back home (or rather, was forced out of my apartment after my mom promised to pay my rent and then told me out of the blue one day she wasn't paying it, wrecking my credit history and causing me to have to move back home... great parents right?) has been constant manipulation, lies, and insults daily.

I know I could let it get to me, binge eat like crazy and then conk out. Which is what I did initially, partially from stress and partially from relief of different stress. I didn't feel very good about that, and after my mom lied to me yet again, I decided I was going to fight back in my own way. I decided to go to the gym. I worked out for thirty minutes on the treadmill while engrossed in Dean Koontz's latest novel, and then 120 calories later, I felt better.

One of the ways I deal with things is just to be the better person. My mom is overweight, bitter, and just not a very nice person. My dad is nice if you don't talk to him much about anything important. But I have gone my own way, becoming a Buddhist in 2008, losing weight, and going to school for what I wanted, against my parents' wishes. And naturally they hate me for it. But I have decided that my wishes and dreams are important too. I have decided I am also going to go for my personal trainer certification as well, which has always been a dream of mine. I am going to knock em dead!

Well, sorry about my long rant. I keep hoping for positive changes and I know I will get them soon. Have a wonderful night all.

Last edited by namaste984; 08-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #17  
Underdog to Beastmode

Lol I notice when I post, the chat goes quiet. I hope I haven't done anything wrong.

I finally got my lazy bum to yoga class this morning. I have to admit, I was cursing the yoga instructor silently in my head for making me work this hard, but I got over it towards the end of the session and ended up feeling really good. Tonight I'm going to try Zumba for the first time in a looooooong time and I think I will yet again get my butt handed to me on a platter.

I went up 0.6 lbs this morning but I think it was due in part to eating some salty food. I think it will go back down as I get some more water in me. I have also taken to eating protein bars before my workout (and sometimes after depending on what kind of things I did) but I have found a few I like. I intend to go back to my super cute nutrition counselor to check out some boxes of protein bars that I can keep at home pre- and post-workout.

Welp, gotta get back to studying. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #18  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

namaste- congrats on going to vet school! what's a for-profit school? Sounds like things are going well in lots of different areas of your life now Sorry to hear about your mum Will you live with her for long? Sometimes distance does make the heart grow fonder. Dont worry about killing the chat! We've all been there

davikat- congrats on the housing! Is it hard to get? Hope your roses grow! I am envious of people who can grow things, I tend to kill plants just by looking at them wrong. Maybe you can do set a timer for the procrastination stuff? Like, 15 mins doing what you need to do, then 15 mins of procrastination/break?

sun- well done on the jeans! awesome!

Joy- welcome!

amy- welcome too!
----

Well, things have been busy for me! I finally got my head around "hey if I eat like a crazy person, I will gain weight!" and decided to stop and actually change that. So yesterday was my first day back on the wagon and hopefully the first of many. It's been hard, I've just started a new job as a psychologist, my first job in clinical work since I became registered about a year and a half ago, so its very scary and stressful, but also very exciting and I feel like it will be good for me. But it means I'll be working 6 days a week until september, and then alternating 5 and 6 day weeks, which I dont think will be sustainable. But we will see how it goes!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!!! I'm going to jump in on this post too!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #20  
Underdog to Beastmode

Cool

Katz- Wow that's pretty cool! I want to get a doctorate in Microbiology eventually... I'm literally starting from scratch after some craziness in my life. I had a job but I was literally put down and harassed every day and I was sick from stress so I quit, and lost 7 lbs immediately, lol. Right now I'm looking for a job to help pay for my schooling so I'm going through Career Services at school. I have a Bachelor's in English (Technical Writing) but it is a useless piece of paper unless you have a specialization (usually engineering or an MD) to go with it. I hope everything turns out great for you in your studies.

MHill- Hi there! *waves* Are you anywhere near Nashville? I lived in Nashville for 3 years and Memphis for 18.

----
I am in full beastmode now. I ran for 10 consecutive minutes today for the first time since, well, ever. I am training for a 5K at the end of September and so is my fiancé so we are both running fools, lol. I also shattered my plateau by running, going even lower than I was before the brief gain. I am now at 213.6 and ~18 pounds down. I have also started experimenting with more gothic style makeup and looks, though my tastes are kind of an eclectic mix of bright colors and dark hair and makeup with occasional black pieces in there too. I love my style and I hope to continue experimenting with makeup and such.

I have also noticed my muscles getting more defined. My calves look h3lla stunning and my butt is getting smaller. I also looked down once while I was driving and realized that most of my belly fat is gone. I have never had much belly fat just because of the way I am shaped but now I have even less of it. And also, I fit into a size L in women's clothes (I am a hiker and love North Face, but it runs just a touch big) and around an 18 in jeans. I feel so great about myself now and I hope to keep it up.

How has everyone else's day gone?

Last edited by namaste984; 08-21-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I told a boldface lie... or at least forgot to add boldface type.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

So today I came back from spending a few days with my boy. First off, boys are gross. The sheer state of his kitchen T_T. I tricked him into cleaning by washing his dishes while he cooked dinner for the two of us. I was watching as he prepared things, and I realized that I have a duty to teach him to cook. His version of cooking was to throw frozen Chinese food into a pan and heat it till it was cooked. Preservatives are the enemy ladies.
Well I have this thing about me where once I start cleaning, I get into a craze of sorts. Then again, his kitchen needed it. THERE WAS MOLD IN THE STRAINER! I also cleaned the counter-tops, his microwave (another gross venture), and he and I scrubbed down his floors with bleach and hand scrubbies. I let him help with the floor because he felt bad just standing there as I got things done.
Even though his kitchen was in bad shape when I started, by the time we finished the floor it looked much better. I am saving cleaning his cabinets and fridge until I go over again. I really wish I could just swoop in and deep clean his entire place. It helps when spaces are clean for my mind to calm down haha.
To prevent this from sounding like a rant about how gross boys are when they live alone, let me clarify my point. I love my boyfriend, and he puts up with my cleaning urges, and it was super nice to act all domestic around him. This is a new feeling for me as 1) I have never been in a relationship this long (on the 30th it will be 4 months) and 2) I have never been domestic around past boyfriends before. Like I could see he and I moving into a place together and I would be totally content keeping up with the housework and such. It is so very odd.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #22  
Underdog to Beastmode

Katz- Thanks! I actually like the community college environment, and I will be transferring to a 4-year college later on. I'm one of those weirdos who will probably still take classes even after I have a degree, whether it is continuing ed or just refresher courses. I heard my college is offering a personal trainer certification which makes me all excitable. I will probably do it next year when I have lost a bit more weight. Oh Lordy cold showers! I could never do that, what I do is bring my sundry of stuff to the gym and take a shower after I've done all my workouts. Having it right after feels so stinkin' amazing and works out the kinks in my muscles!

-------
I had this great and wonderful post going and my spasmodic computer decided that it had had enough of being in this window and closed it before I got a chance to send it, lol! So I guess I will start again.

I ran for 12 consecutive minutes today, where before I was struggling just to run for a minute and a half. I have to say that breaking past 15 minutes will probably be the hardest, but I love to run and I am willing to put the extra work in. I have also been blogging along the way, and since I've become more successful my readership has almost doubled. You can check it out here if you like.

I have applied for a job at Lululemon, which is a running shop around here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and aiming more towards jobs in something I'm actually interested in or do as a hobby so that when people ask me questions I actually know the answer. Heck, I go to REI and educate my friends on proper stove burning techniques in the woods, and I know more than half the employees! Unfortunately, REI doesn't often have openings so that's probably not going to happen that I become an employee. But I am starting to get a more accurate picture of what a job for me should and should not look like.

Well, I'm going to do some chemistry homework, since it's not likely to become asexual and do itself. Have a great day all!

Last edited by namaste984; 08-22-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Because I never stop talking, and wanted to add more.