Old 07-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Another bad day. At least im not wanting to eat everything in sight at least - i used to be jealous of my sister who stops eating when stressed/down whatever whereas i used to stuff my face. Recently now i go into "cant be bothered" mode and have to force myself to eat so i dont get ill.

How has everyone elses day been? Everyone seems to be doing so well!
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #32  
member member

S/C/G: 207/199/150

Height: 5'7''

okay, okay...i'll quit my creepin'. it is so FREAKIN' hot and humid in alabama today. it's been raining for the past like, 5 days and finally today it's not but holy crap. it feels like being inside someone's sweaty underwear outside (sorry if that's graphic?).

out of curiosity -- is there anyone else in alabama/southeast?
alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #33  
member member

S/C/G: 207/199/150

Height: 5'7''

also, deh -- i'm also 27 and am an ex-roller derby girl (so much in common)! i jacked up my knee and couldn't skate for a long time, and eventually just ended up not going to practices. where are you at? what is your team?
alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 375.5/362.5/165

Height: 5ft3

Today I was too busy to think about eating. Which is a good thing but I am getting tired and now thinking about food and I only ate dinner 2 hours ago. I guess this is what I need to be mindful of, when I am tired, bored or stress, then thoughts of eating will happen. So I decided to check in with everyone and now I made the decision to drink water because realistically I am not hungry. Thanks for letting me think this through rather than acting on impulse!!
Lala165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #35  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

-

Last edited by sontaikle; 07-12-2020 at 07:02 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 170/168.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm joining the un-lurker bandwagon! I only found the site this month, but it has already been a huge motivator to see how much everyone has accomplished! I hope that posting will make me even more dedicated.

Also, dehtripper, I too am in awe of your roller derby background. How did you get into it?
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
INNER THIGHS UGGGHH.

I didn't really lose a lot of it until I got below 120. But because I do a lot of weight training, I don't have a thigh gap at this weight. Well that and the loose skin.

My thighs definitely don't rub together like they used to though. I remember when I was over 200 and I would wear out the inner thighs on my pants. I used to buy several pairs of the styles I liked because I knew I would wear them out wearing the pants all the time...

When I dropped to around 200 I never had that problem anymore, but my thighs still rubbed.

Annoying
The sheer amount of pants I have lost to that same problem!!!! >.<

I swear, they need to develop a way to naturally reinforce the areas of pants that get a lot of use!! My primary mode of transportation is my own body, so I understand what you are talking about with wearing out the inner thighs of your pants!! I seriously need to purchase more pants for the upcoming season. I have like maybe three pairs of pants that are wearable right now and it makes me really sad.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

alabama sucks about your knee! It seems that its not if, but when people are going to get hurt. How long did you get to play before then? I play for a league in Atlantic Canada. Growing for sure (and now WFTDA-apprentice yay!!) but definitely not one of the big leagues you'd have heard of.

lollerskates I had wanted to get involved when the league formed but was too afraid to join cause I've NEVEr been in sports. But a student I was teaching noticed my tattoos and told me I should try out and I guess that was the push I needed cause that was 3 seasons ago. Also - love your name

Back to weight & health - after having an indulgent weekend (complete with desperately flushing excess treats) I feel re focused. The lovely weather we've been having has left me less driven lately, but I starter New Rules yesterday and thus am upping my protein a heap so that helps.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #39  

i too admit to wearing out the inner thighs of quite a few pairs of trousers! It takes a lot longer now than it used to though which is awesome!

looking forward to seeing if i can ever get the "gap" as ive never really been thin, always been big, even as a child people used to think me and my elder sister (by 2 years) were twins.

Today i have it in my head to eat oatcakes, ricotta and canteloupe melon - strange combo or possibly tasty?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechyl View Post

Today i have it in my head to eat oatcakes, ricotta and canteloupe melon - strange combo or possibly tasty?
While that sounds like a strange combo, it also sounds like there is a possibility for it to be somewhat tasty. Please let me know how it turns out (I love to cook).
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #41  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Cheryl:
Aww poor honey, I'm sorry you're having a few bad days in a row! Hope it turns around for ya! And... I've never been THIN either. I've been a slightly soft/pudgy version of "normal" before, but never thin. I'm just hoping now to get to a point where I'm somewhat athletic, whether that leaves me "thin" or not.

Alabama:
Oh man. I hear you. We JUST got over a heat wave of "39 degrees, feels like 44 with the humidity" type weather.. no idea what that is in ferenheit. Well over 100 I think.
I'd take my spin class, then walk out into the wall of wet sweaty disgustingness and just hate my life. I crawled into bed every night with these bean-bag things that were in the freezer all day and cranked our crappy A/C to its max.
The one thing I will say for hot hot weather: you are VERY aware of extra weight, and it can motivate you to want to get it the HELLLL off!

Lala:
Oh man. I am 1000% addicted to food, and I'm nearly ALWAYS thinking about it. It's part of the journey to learn to recognize when you're actually hungry/your body needs fuel, and when you're just stuffing your face because you can, and you want to. Believe me, when you get to feeling more in control, and learn to pound a glass of water instead of snacking... you feel amazing.
But I, for one, will never stop thinking about my next meal.

sontaikle
Omigosh, yep. Worn out more than my fair share of jeans inner-thighs. And can't wear skirts without a pair of shorts in there to offset the inner-thigh friction. I DO remember that around 150, I'm able to wear skirts again... my thighs still touch, but they manage to slip past each other without causing friction... and a painful RASH. *facepalm*

lollerskates:
It TOTALLY does help with the motivation if you stick to it regularly! Come join the "getting out of the 160s/170s" thread!

Davi:
My boyfriend came into the room a few weeks back and I was sitting cross-legged on the bed with a pair of jeans on my lap, hand-stitching a chunk of denim onto the worn-through inner thigh. He thought I was mental, but I was having a "NOOOO, THESE ARE MY FAVOURITE JEANS, THEY CAN'T BE DEAAAAD!!!!" kind of moment and was determined to save them. It sorta worked, but you can see the patches when I walk. FML.

Deh:
Rock on, woman! Glad to hear you've re-focused! Now we've just gotta get through another weekend and keep that motivation up!

As for me...
My little (or rather, not-so-little) legs are dead from spin class, where I sit at the back and stare at the jealousy-inducing perfect asses of the 83 lb chicks in front of me in their Lululemon pants and sports bras. (Seriously. Today one chick didn't wear a top, just her bra.)
As things stand, it's a miracle that I'm able to keep pedaling for the entire 45 minutes, and I am in awe of the perfect-asses who are SOMEHOW able to keep up with the instructor while I gasp for air and ignore his instructions to turn up the tension.

Regardless, my sweat-soaked top (some of us still wear those, Little Miss Sports Bra) says I'm WORKING HARD, and I figure...if I keep going... I'll get there.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-26-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #42  

Jelbb: I have been there many a time...though not having my boyfriend walk in on me sewing. He knows I am crafty, just not doesn't know the extent (I am planning on knitting him the 4th Doctor's Scarf for Christmas). I have a pile of pants back at my mom's house that are waiting to be mended. I hope to eventually take some of them apart and use their pieces as patterns for new pants. I may be kidding myself about my own sewing skills, but hey, what is life for other than to try and possibly succeed?
Old 07-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #43  

Hi! Decided to stop lurking and make a post. I'm at the beginning of my journey. I was down to 139 about 2 years ago but I went to night shift and gained it all back. I am 5'4" and I weigh 180 pounds. I am working on becoming more conscious of my eating habits and when I'm actually hungry vs eating when I'm bored. Also trying to work the gym into my Schedule. How is everyone here doing?
SarahLynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #44  

i made a post about this but just want to moan! 4lbs on for 1 treat day that consisted of some wine and a bag of crisps........... F you body! you will not hold onto that!

Last edited by Rechyl; 07-28-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #45  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Davi:
Well, I was definitely kidding myself about my hand-stitching abilities, but I still made the patch work! I have faith that you'll make some rockin' pants.

Sarah:
Yay for the first post! Welcome darling!

You and I are VERY similar with highest weights and lowest. I lost a ton of weight a while back, was down to 137ish, and then slowly, over the course of a few years, gained it ALL back, plus a lil' extra. My highest weight HAD been 176, but the new weight became 185.
And I'm the same. I eat when I'm bored, not when I'm hungry. And then when I AM hungry (which doesn't happen that often because eating when you're bored tends to keep you full), I feel even more justified in eating a lot.

Definitely get that gym in there. I just started doing a spin class, and I am in love. Not because I enjoy the spin class, I actually kinda hate it. The girls there all seem to be ridonkulously thin, and they can all kick my @ss in terms of keeping up with the instructor. I sit at the back, struggle to keep pedalling for the whole 45 minutes, sweat from parts of my body that I didn't know could sweat, and ignore the instructor's sadistic instructions to crank up the tension.

And YET... the weight is melting off. And the results are just oh-so-very worth it. I'm eating in what I consider to be a "natural" kind of way... healthy the vast majority of the time, but incorporating in "bad" treats, like an ice cream cone last night... and I'm still losing consistently!

Trust me. Get the workouts in, and you'll lose weight faster, more consistently, and will feel less guilty about the (OCCASIONAL) treat, which won't affect the scale nearly as much.

Cheryl:
I posted in the other thread, but again: No stress! Water, and green tea, and more water! It'll go away.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote