Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #46  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Cd- Thanks & nice to meet you.- hopefully I can keep my posting up! Im trying to limit the # of forums im active in these days !

snowilly- Well nice to meet you. I have used the forum several times before, but I have never stuck with my weight loss this long. I normally find really encouraging people here...I just get busy and hardly have time to post!

Well, a little about me- Im 24 and I have one son, who is 1. I am currently on this weight loss journey again, since August 2012 ish. Since then, I have lost about 31 lbs, and about 46 since my highest which was before my one year old and of course pregancy put my weight loss on hold. I have never stuck with eating and excersing long as I have this past year. I am an active Fitbit user, member of Anytime Fitness but Im currently doing Insanity and today starts week 3 for me!

Attached picture is me about 10lbs ago and me at my highest (231)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transformation.jpg (35.0 KB, 6 views)
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/135

Height: 5'10"

Wow! That some big change there. Congrats on the loss so far.
And another Wow! .. for going strong with Insanity. Good joob! How are you holding on to it? I started Power 90 5ish days ago, as P90X was too tough for me (extremely unfit person here). I'm not even thinking about Insanity yet, but I'd love to hear the opinion of person that has tried it.
snowlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

lisa34t Hey I think I remember you! Good to see you back - to chat I mean, not so much on the weight loss - but look at me, I've been a for five years so clearly I'm not doing the best myself!

snowlilly Hey and welcome!

~Same as my last post really, not eating quite as I should and not exercising. Not to be all negative on you all, but I need to pick myself up and put some more effort in! My yo-yoing around the same few pounds is just frustrating, and totally self-caused! Now we've got a few people in here and ready to chat, I could probably start up an August chat in a couple of days?
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/135

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like a plan! Chatting always helps remind you that you're not alone and it's quite the motivator, especially since you say you've been having a rough period. People around here are very supportive and this might just help you stay on track again. If the thread becomes more active, maybe some of the lurkers will pop their heads out of anonymity and we can have a nice chat!
snowlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #50  
lisa34t

Yes, chatting keeps us going and more motivated! I looking forward to giving and receiving the support! I have 25lbs more for sure I want to loose and hopefully Ill be there by November.

snowlilly- yes Insanity is real challenge, The first day/week is hard. But the second week I started to get the hang on it and on day 15 ( week 3)- which was yesterday..I was excited to do my 2nd fit test! It def something to work towards and I wouldn't have attempted 3 months ago.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #51  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Lisa- Hey girly! I remember you, you look great!

---
Yay, I'm finally off of work after seven days in a row of working! Get to stop for a few days and cool my jets. That's pretty much where I was for a bit, I work in high-stress retail and I never get to sit still even for a few minutes. Needless to say, the weight has come right off. I lost nearly 5 lbs after working non-stop and sit comfortably at 217.2. If I can lose that extra pound, it will put me at exactly 15 lbs lost! It's been awhile since I've been at 217 or anywhere near 15 lbs lost. I am proud, and definitely think more is coming off because of work.

I am going to take the next few days and update my blogs (I do a review blog for vegan products as well as a personal weight loss blog) and cook some fun vegan recipes. I get my paycheck soon and I am very excited about that and also at the opportunity to take care of some stuff. Fun with bills, lol.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by namaste984; 07-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

namaste Ooh paycheck, I feel you - just got mine - I get paid monthly and it is TOUGH!

~Some family stuff going on at the moment with my boyfriend's family, it's all a little bit stressful - I had to move out of his parents house very quickly after work yesterday - it's just harder because he's not here and stuff. I can't really explain what is going on, because they're not my things to explain - but I'm trying not to tread on anyone's toes while they sort through it. Just want to get the rest of my stuff without causing a problem (I haven't been kicked out or anything haha, it was just best to move in the circumstances).

I had planned on moving to my sister's anyway, but not til the 10th of August, so just a week and a half early - so I hadn't planned my packing. Needless to say, I love my sister more than ever right now for taking me in so last minute! Now just need to destress!

I can't wait for the next 5.5 weeks to just pass - but I also want them to go slowly! I am so excited and anxious to see my boyfriend again, but also can't believe I'm leaving New Zealand!

(for those who don't know, I'm moving from New Zealand to Vancouver, BC at the beginning of September for four years!)
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #53  
Underdog to Beastmode

Rainbow- Sorry things are stressful. Yes, I just started three weeks ago and usually get paid bi-weekly but they did not have my name in the payroll at the last pay period.

----
Got some hummus and celery/carrots today. Delish! I am making my world famous quinoa (that I liberally borrowed from a recipe site, lol) tomorrow after buying the ingredients a few days ago but got called in to 2 extra days of work so couldn't make it. I am soo looking forward to my two days off! I am just going to chill and watch TV and have a good time. My bestie and I are also hanging out on Thursday and that usually involves a lot of walking and a light meal. My friend is in the same boat as me, she has a hardcore job too and is very skinny because of it. :-)

Going to get some din-din. Hope to see you guys again later.

Last edited by namaste984; 07-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #54  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

rainbowstripe I hope everything's alright! So glad your sister took you in so last minute. I'm also excited for your move, you'll have to come back and tell us all about your new adventures when you get there!

namaste984 Hummus!! I love it! We're going to be making some more here soon. It goes quickly in this house! Which quinoa recipe do you use? I've always wanted to try it but DH doesn't like it, so might make a little for lunch one day.

It's so glad seeing everyone chatting on here again! Today's the last day of July, so we might have to start an August thread...hmmm

Down to 168.4 today! The weight is seriously just falling off of me, which is SO exciting after that long plateau. It's really funny how losing even half a pound can re-energize you into staying up on your good habits. I've even found I have much more willpower now...with all the cupcakes and cookies I've been baking, and I haven't been eating them! The only thing I did do is cut out small portions so I can taste test, but other than that I've been really good on not eating them. My husband on the other hand has been enjoying all the extras
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #55  
lisa34t

cd- yes small victories, work big wonders! Keep it up girl!!!!!

namaste- Hey girly! Your engaged right? I love hummus to but never put and effort in making it at home, Although I look it up on Pinterest all the time! I hope your off days are relaxing.

rainbow- WoW, sorry about all the confusion. I sure be just as comfortable if not more at your sisters!

________

Well yesterday , I hit the school gym and I was thankful there weren't many students in there playing on equipment. I did a 35 min workout, mostly weight training. AND I did Insanity late last night...wasn't a good idea, cuz I was beat and took me 10 mins to really get into the 40 min workout! Im will do 2x works a day 2-3x a week in August. Going to the grocery store today because Im out of a few things.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #56  
Underdog to Beastmode

We need an August daily chat thread! July is over, lol!

----
Lisa- Yes my fiancé and I got engaged in December. It was very romantic, we rode on a carriage through Tilles Park (in St Louis) and ate at our favorite barbeque place beforehand. Today has been 8 months to the day since we got engaged.

Cd- Congrats on your recent weight loss! I have been stuck at 217-219 for a few days but I have been eating a lot on my days off so I have to drink some water and eat healthy. The quinoa recipe is here and awesomely easy to make. You can use regular butter if you don't have any Earth balance.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #57  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

just checking in quickly. not down anymore but am working out like crazy. my body is shrinking and toning up! how you are all doing well !
sun is offline   Reply With Quote