Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #1  

Default Combating the munchies

Hi everyone. I'm a freelance illustrator, so I work from home. Up until this week I've not really had any problems with cravings, but this whole week I have just been wanting to eat and eat. I don't know what it is. My concentration is suffering because all I can think about is going to my kitchen for pistachios. I think I might overall just be antsy because I have a project due a week from today and I find I work better under pressure, but I want to vanquish the munchie thing so badly.

I've been drinking a ton of water and water with dasani flavor in it.
I'm not pregnant (virgin).

I am also working to try to drop 20 pounds by September. I think that's a fair goal. I'm 165 now, and I'd like to eventually hit 120. But I need to keep it in small increments so I don't get overwhelmed because I have continually lost and gained it all back.
Shaunalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Is your TOM coming? I have awful munchie problems when Aunt Flo is on her way to visit.
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #3  

Yeah, but not until the end of next week. I'm on the pill so it should be coming next Wednesdayish.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I'd recommend finding something you CAN munch on without damaging your calorie count. some raw veggies, frozen grapes, or maybe popsicles made from water with crystal light or whatever flavoring you use. That way you give in in a healthy way instead of trying to stay strong and possibly failing and going crazy.

good luck!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Healthy munchies are all good. Fruit, veg with hummus, almonds...just google healthy snacks and you're on your way. As for why it's happening, well it's probably stress. I used to snack loads when I was busy at Uni. Or it's probably your period approaching, I get super hungry right before my period starts and I'm on the pill too.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Healthy munchies are all good. Fruit, veg with hummus, almonds...just google healthy snacks and you're on your way. As for why it's happening, well it's probably stress. I used to snack loads when I was busy at Uni. Or it's probably your period approaching, I get super hungry right before my period starts and I'm on the pill too.
Id go easy on the hummus and almonds, both are healthy but are easy to rack up the calories eating, especially if you are munchie
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Air-popped popcorn (poppers are on Amazon for about $20, then you just buy the tubs of poppin' corn) is great. I also got a Misto sprayer, filled it with white vinegar, and now I mist air popped corn and sprinkle it with ketchup powder or sour cream n onion powder (and sometimes cheddar powder).

So good.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #8  

Thank you for the suggestions guys. I have pistachios that I can munch on, too, so long as I don't overdo it.

I ended up finding out last night that my parents had to put our dog down. She was old and sick. I cried a lot last night and lost most of my appetite. Munchies gone....

Good thing is I had two gluten free waffles for breakfast 4 hours ago and it's held me out until just now. I'm going to fix a chicken salad so I get protein and veggies.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #9  

So I've found over the last few days, on days I have a salad for lunch, I'm less likely to get munchie cravings. Now if I could just get this pesky weight off. Freaking 20 pounds, JUST GO AWAY.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/216/125

Height: 5'4"

I eat two table spoons of creamy natural peanut butter w/ a sliced apple. Its feeling
Mommy2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/216/125

Height: 5'4"

Aww... sorry for the loss of the dog. It always sucks when you have to put down a animal. They really are family
Mommy2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote