Old 06-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #1  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Default Next short term goal/reward?

So what's the next short term goal that's motivating you right now? For me, it's my vacation in 6 weeks. I want to be 140 lbs by then. It's slow going these last few months - I've been yo-yoing up and down and not being as strict with myself as I had been in the past.

But I'm going to San Diego for Comic Con, my most favorite time of the year! In fact, I started my weight loss journey with the goal of losing 40 lbs for last year's con. Now if I meet my goal, I'll be going to the con this year 122 lbs lighter!

I told myself that if I could manage that, then I could eat whatever I wanted at the show without feeling guilty about those nachos or that burger, because I will have earned it through my strict vigilance in these next 6 weeks.

So what's the short term goal that you've got your eye on? And what's your reward to yourself when you achieve it?
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: tracker

Height: 5'4"

First off, let me say it's AMAZING how much weight you lost already! It's inspiring to me. We have approximately the same starting points and the same height. My next short-term goal is hopefully quite near which is to be under the 200s.
Health Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

You're going to Comic Con? I'm so jealous! I'd love to go. I'd really love to go to Blizz Con (geek alert: huge Warcraft fan here), but after DS was born I haven't been able to immerse myself into Azeroth as I have in the past.

My next short term/mini goal is to see 129. I've been bouncing around between 131 and 135 for the past few MONTHS and I'm so ready to be out of the 130's.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #4  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

I have two short term goals.

Short term Goal #1: I'm going on a 2 week road trip at the beginning of July. We are going to see the Avett Brothers and Old Crow Medicine Show at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado and then camping in the mountains for a few days before heading back East to Illinois where I'm going to see Bob Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket and Robert Thomson at the Americana Festival in Peoria. We'll camp near Davenport, IA for another week before coming home. My original goal was 199 by then but, since I weighed in at 200.8 lbs this morning, my new goal is 190. My reward was going to be yummy camp food but I think I'm also going to buy two new outfits for the concerts.

Short term Goal #2: On September 14, my cousin is getting married and I would like to be below my high school weight of 185 for it. I haven't thought of a reward for this but I didn't have any wedding cake at her sister's wedding last year because I was "on a diet". She had a professional chef from one of those cooking shows make the cake (they were childhood friends) and I regret not having a piece. I'll definitely be having a piece of cake this time (and I hope the same person made it).

Last edited by AllyG47; 06-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

I'd love to go to Comic Con and Blizz Con too!! It's silly that I lived in So. Cal for 13 years, but was never able to make it to either... Stupid work. Blizzard always puts on a stellar show from what I hear

Missy Krissy - I used to be a big player too! I'm not very good about playing in moderation though. I like to go big or go home! Therefore, I haven't played in about a year (I did briefly come back with the new expansion). Sometimes it tempts me knowing my little chars are all just sitting there, waiting for me to come back! Thank god wow never deletes them!

My mini goal, which has been around far too long without me actually getting there, is to reach 144 - this will put me in the "normal" BMI range. A category I don't think I've ever been able to be in my entire adult life.

I saw 145.5 one morning this past week, I'm sitting shakily at 146 now... 2 more pound, 2 more pounds...
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

My next weight goal/milestone is to lose 10% of my starting weight. That is 19 pounds. I want to see the scale say 171!! My reward is going to be some lotion and spray from thebodybakery.com. Don't know the scent yet
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #7  

Hannah I really like your simple goal of some lotion!!!

Mini Goal: To eat 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veggies everyday
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #8  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Health Nut - Thank you! You're doing a great job as well. I'm sure that you will be in onederland in no time!

Missy Krissy - Yes! This will be my fourth year at Comic Con! If you have the opportunity, you should definitely go. It's an amazing experience, but it takes a lot of effort to get the tickets. Good luck getting below 130! I know breaking those decade marks is sometimes very frustrating.

AllyG47 - I am so jealous of you! The first time my friend and I went to Comic Con, we road tripped from Chicago to San Diego with stops in Vegas and LA. It was amazing! Probably my favorite memories of all time. You are going to have a blast!

KindaSortaAthlete - Ahh! The elusive "normal" BMI range. I was within 2 lbs of that myself, about a month ago, but then I regained like 5 lbs since then. You will definitely have better luck than I did!

hannahbeanies - That first 10% is such a massive accomplishment! Good luck getting there.

goldengirlamy - I eat a banana every morning with breakfast, no matter what. That means I start out with my two servings of fruit right away. It puts me on the right path for the rest of the day. (Whether I choose to STAY on the right path is another story...) Good luck!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

My mini goal is to get down to 255 for my family reunions on the 4th and 5th of July. That's about where I was last time I saw my family last summer, and sadly I will be meeting a bunch of DH's family who I haven't met before as this is the first reunion I've attended of his... was hoping not to be a blob when meeting his family, but... oh well. I am going to need to buy a couple shirts because I have absolutely nothing to wear right now as far as tops go, but I'm going to wait and see if I can get something a bit smaller since I start to lose first on my top usually. I am hoping to get down a shirt size by July!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #10  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My official mini goal is to reach 150 lbs (again!). It's the borderline point between an Overweight/Healthy BMI. So anything less than that and I'm in the green zone again!

My unofficial mini goal is my friend is coming to Japan to visit me in August. I would love to be 10 lbs lighter, so in the 140s, by the time she gets here. I've nothing to prove to her, I just think it's a nice incentive! I've gained 9 lbs since she last saw me, so it'll be nice to feel like I'm back to normal when she arrives.

Going off topic but I really hope I can be at goal weight by Christmas! I'll have been away from my friends and family for a year so it'd be amazing to surprise them with a big transformation the next time they see me! I'm not going to put pressure on myself but still, it's a nice push to imagine me being thin and healthy by December!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Ah, I am majorly jealous. I didn't even try to get tickets because I knew I couldn't afford to go this year, but I hear that I probably wouldn't have been able to get tickets if I'd tried!

At this point I feel close enough to my final goal that that IS my next short term goal. So I'm shooting for <150. My reward is probably going to be commissioning a cosplay for the next con (probably not until next summer, sadly, for I am strapped for cash until this fall) I can't sew worth a damn, but I do look forward to cosplaying at the next con and actually feeling good about myself while I do it.
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #12  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

My next goal is getting to 170 by the end of August - about 28 lbs away. My reward? Going to the beach and wearing my bikini there!! I wear a bikini at the pool in my apt. complex, but it's not as many people and I just tan and swim - I don't walk around. I will strut my stuff on the boardwalk though when I get there! lol

Last edited by MsModelSara; 06-09-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: had weight to go wrong >_<
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I am relocating in late August and I want to be in ONEderland by then.

My weight is around 238 ATM my next short term goal is that I want to go to a water park when I loose another 10 pounds. Even then I probably wont look too cute in a bathing suit but I love the water slides and lazy river. It will be fun to relax for a day.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/285/220

Height: 5'5"

My mini-goal is 10lbs by my Indiana Beach trip on July 6th.

Reward: Feeling more confident that my weight may not prevent me from riding the rollercoasters (:

Last edited by BreighRenee; 06-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.
BreighRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #15  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Oh gosh, I have so many mini goals!

I told myself a long time ago that when I hit 50 lbs I would buy myself another gadget. I want a fitbit! I am 9 lbs away from 50 lbs lost. Just typing that gave me butterflies.

I got a Polar f4 HRM when I lost 25lbs. When I hit 75, oy, I have no idea. I should be right around 75 lost by the time I go to this wedding in September. Maybe that tattoo I have been designing in my head at night.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote