3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Adios to the 140's and 150's-7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/281927-adios-140s-150s-7-a.html)

Dottington 05-20-2013 02:06 PM

Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

Hey ladies! This thread is to help support each other as we move out of these pesky 50's and 40's! By continuing to work hard and helping each other out I know nothing can stop us from reaching our goals :carrot:

Riestrella 05-21-2013 05:53 AM

Hey! I'd love to join in the chat that goes on in this thread =). Currently sitting around 157 lbs, although last year I had managed to reach 149 lbs. I moved to Japan and haven't quite gotten back on track - except for last week where I was really good! Unfortunately with the hardcore exercise I did over the weekend I've acquired a calf injury, so I'll be doing upper body workouts for a little while until I feel no pain. Worse timing ever, just as I was getting back into the swing of things!

I'm trying to stay positive, forgot how slow the scale can budge at times!

Andi24 05-21-2013 09:38 AM

I hope you feel better Riestrella! That really does suck :(

My scale yesterday said 146.4, I was excited till I found ut the scale was way off, my real weight is 151.4...So I don't know if I actually gained or the scale was off yesterday too...because it was right last week! I'm doing great on the weight loss side of things, but I don't really exercise, at all. I'm still looking between planet and anytime fitness, I'll be joining one of the two...I want to do anytime for the classes but its so much more expensive.

size8 05-21-2013 01:00 PM

Yay new thread and new members :cheer3::cheer2:
Keep up the good work ladies.

Went to gym this morning and I feel great and energetic, now I just need to keep this up until Saturday. No cheating or cheat meals allowed for me this week. Mission: 145 by 28 May. #ICanDoThis

Dottington 05-21-2013 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:welcome: to the new thread guys! :D

Riestrella Sorry to hear about your injury! Just try and be extra careful with your eating and I'm sure you'll see a loss this week :)

andi24 I hate scales :mad: Sorry about the confusion with yours. If the gym's too expensive maybe there are some outdoor sport type activities you could try instead :) Like running, walking, hiking, kayaking ect. I can't afford a gym right now so I stick with hiking.

size8 you can do it! :carrot:

Going a little nuts without my scale. Eating has been healthy, but too many calories for weight loss. TOM is here and that's made me extremely hungry and tired. I've decided to up my calories to 1600 bc 1200 is just too low for me to maintain for more then a few days. Tomorrow I'm going camping in yosemite for some hiking and to see the moonbows. Moonbows are like nighttime moon rainbows. I'll include a pic of one at the bottom. So I won't be on for a few days. Eating I'm not worried about since I'll be doing several hours of hiking each day.
I'm making my goal this week to stick to the 1600 and have no cheat days or meals. I don't get my scale back fro another 3 weeks and I really want to see a loss after a month.

jmko 05-21-2013 02:49 PM

YAY! 158.8 this morning! I'm so happy that the running is paying off! I'm still a little scared because I've jumped off of medifast and onto regular foods with better choices. My boyfriend has threatened to take my scale away because he thinks I'm becoming obsessed! I guess when he hears me yell at the scale when I don't see a loss then apologize to it the next morning when I do he thinks I'm going nuts, haha :)

Samantha Daisy 05-21-2013 08:59 PM

Oh man I really need to get back on track. I haven't weighed myself in a few days but I'm pretty sure I'm sitting in the mid-upper 150s. Time to kick it into gear. I have been running, but I really need to get the eating thing under control. I'm currently not doing any sort of plan, but I think I'm going to either start counting calories or doing weight watchers. Good luck girls!

curlyfroyo 05-21-2013 10:16 PM

Just got out of the 150s on saturday. I am hoping to moozy my way on down to 140 without long pauses. I have cut out cookies and wine this week and that makes for a cranky ms.curlyfroyo lol

LucyOlivia 05-22-2013 06:05 PM

It would be such a dream to get below 140!

liliesinmycereal 05-23-2013 06:11 AM

Back into the 150s today! Hoping this isn't a long road to get to 140s.

skinnyelle39 05-23-2013 08:40 AM

lilies glad it was quick and painless for you!

curlyfroyo congrats! Moving right along!

reistrella get better soon. Ive always feared getting injured because then Id have no way of expending calories, hope it doesnt keep you out for too long

andi Yikes! Id cry. If you are doing great with just diet alone you'll be dropping weight like crazy once you add in movement. Lucky you, I almost never see losses unless I do both.

Ive been in pig out mode for the past two days :-(. I wouldn't exactly call it binging because I made the conscious decision to eat the junk I did but I went way over board and weighed in around 159 this morning. I know most is water weight and I asked for it so not going to trip. I don't think I look any different and my clothing is still fitting the same.But I will be doing some marathon cardio workouts and taking it easy on the food and salt for the next 2-3 days.

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

GordonGirl16 05-23-2013 11:47 AM

158.8 this morning! This is the first time I've been below 160 since Christmas I think

Riestrella 05-24-2013 05:45 AM

Hey everyone! Scale is slowly but surely moving down little by little, such a slow process! But I'm happy that it's going down! I've bought myself an electric scale to give an accurate reading, I used to weigh myself with one in England and it was more comforting seeing the number after the decimal point go down.

My calves have finally healed though! Took about 3 days to heal, which sucks because I really wanted to continue on with exercise but I think I'm ready to get back on the wagon officially. Did a Jillian Michaels yesterday, but took it really easy because my knee was hurting. Got rid of one injury and received another!

Andi - Wow, that's a huge difference in weight! Do you have any dumbbells? You can tell if a scale is dodgy if you put one on and it gives the wrong reading! Exercise will speed up the process for sure. Do what you think you will enjoy!

size8 - Good luck with your goal!

Dott - Wow, have fun hiking! Hope you get to see one of those crazy Moonbows. I'd love to see one! Good luck with your goal, that's totally do-able I'd say!

S.Daisy - I think the more you exercise the more willing you will be to eat healthily, otherwise all that hard work is just being erased!

skinnyelle - Well that's just it, having a few bad days isn't going to make you balloon out of your clothes! But getting back on track is important, you can do it! You're right, no point getting hung up over it.

Alibaibee 05-24-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmko (Post 4748301)
YAY! 158.8 this morning! I'm so happy that the running is paying off! I'm still a little scared because I've jumped off of medifast and onto regular foods with better choices. My boyfriend has threatened to take my scale away because he thinks I'm becoming obsessed! I guess when he hears me yell at the scale when I don't see a loss then apologize to it the next morning when I do he thinks I'm going nuts, haha :)

lol, this made me truly laugh. You are truly better off without that scale. My weight fluctuates naturally, within 1 day sometimes, by 7 pounds. hahaha. I've learned a number means nothing. I use measuring tape and my clothing :)

energie 05-25-2013 03:55 PM

I'm at 153 today. I got into the gym today which was nice since I've been spending so much time running outside(because of the beautiful weather). Happy saturday everyone!!

Dottington 05-27-2013 02:57 PM

I'm back! :D How's everyone been?

Yosemite was ok. Probably hiked about 15-17miles last thursday. Went hiking again yesterday with the bf. Sadly didn't see any moonbows, even after hiking at 10:30 at night to the base of yosemite falls. Oh well. Something really exciting though is when I got back I just felt smaller, ya know? So I measured myself and to my joy I've lost more inches! :carrot: I'm super close to my goal measurements actually so its really exciting. Taking a break from the scale has been really good for me mentally and losing inches is real progress so I know I'm doing something right ;)

Oh and totally had another NSV! I went shopping and tried on a bunch of mediums and most of them were too big! Including a size 6! I know its just vanity sizing, but still made me happy lol

glitterhairdye 05-28-2013 10:35 AM

Hello Girls -

I weighed in at 159.6 this morning!!! Omg I haven't seen this number since my freshman year in college when I was running 10 miles a day. AHHHHH I'm so happy :)

CaityCait88 05-28-2013 11:22 AM

Hi everyone, so yesterday I weighed in at 149.8. I've never been in the 140's as an adult before! It's so awesome.

However, I ate a bunch of things I shouldn't have because I was so excited and felt like I deserved a treat. The hard part is that I'm moving this week, it's my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, and 3 day work week. I'm in vacation mode.

Need to stay on plan!!

Dottington 05-28-2013 03:05 PM

glitterhairdye congrats! :D

caitycait88 great job! i cant wait to get into the 40s myself! Don't beat yourself up too much about going off plan, we all deserve a break every now and again ;)

I've been feeling like my eating choices have been good lately. Didn't get to hike today bc of the rain. Did my ab and squat challenge and am on the stationary bike now. Wow its been so long since i did the bike, i can really feel it! lol

Hope everyone had an awesome memorial day weekend :carrot:

CaityCait88 05-29-2013 09:36 AM

Dottington sounds like you're kicking some butt! Great job and keep going!

Thanks for the support too, I'm giving myself a little leeway this week and have to remember this is a journey with ups and downs and as long as the trend is down and my mission is not derailed then I have nothing to worry about!

skinnyelle39 05-29-2013 11:08 AM

glitterhairdye congrats and welcome!
dottington keep up the good work!
caitycait88 leeway is so important to sanity and success

Been on track and working out, even skipped my dads amazing bbq ribs this past weekend. Im trying to transition to a more plant based diet, eventually would like to be vegan.Red meat and pork were the easiest things to eliminate. Hit 151.6 , the least Ive weighed in a good year and half so happy about that ;-).

Dottington 05-29-2013 01:26 PM

skinnyelle great job on staying on plan and getting to 151! :D

Just feel a little gross today. Last night had 3 tiny slices of veggie pizza, but I really wish I hadn't :/ I tried to plan the day out well, but I just felt bloated and today I still feel bloated so I'm going to make sure to eat extra clean.

Dottington 05-30-2013 11:32 PM

Eating today and yesterday was good! Been doing the bike still instead of hiking. Going hiking tomorrow morning though :D

I'm starting to go a little crazy without my scale. Like my measurements went down, I've been on plan, aside from a few days here and there where I eat at maintenance, but I'm paranoid I'm gaining weight. Its not based in logic at all and its making me really anxious :( I almost went to Target today JUST to weigh myself on one of the scales for sale!

Has anyone else experienced this?? When I look in the mirror I swear I'm bigger, but I know logically that's not true. It's been about two weeks now without my scale and I still have another two weeks till I get it back. Gosh, I was so happy without it but now I'm freaking out not knowing :dizzy:

energie 06-01-2013 02:04 PM

dottington, the mind can play tricks on people....trust me I know. It can be upsetting but don't let it get to you because you know it is not true.

I'm down to 149.4 pounds today. Woohoo. Feels like a great weigh in for June 1st. I already did my run for the day at the track and met a cute guy there. It is soo beautiful out. I'm about to shower, change into these really cute white demin shorts and a tank top, go pick up my vegetables, fruits and other items and then go to the state park to take a leisure walk with my sister. Today is a good day :)

Andi24 06-01-2013 03:14 PM

Yikes Dottington! Id be going nuts without my scale! Are you taking a break by choice? I weigh myself daily and I know that's not healthy either but I could never take that long of a break :( If your staying on plan I wouldn't worry too much. When I look in the mirror some days I think I look bigger (even if the weight is lower, I LOOK bigger to me, naked, in the mirror), some days I'm happy with the progress. Good luck making it through 2 more weeks!\

Sounds like an amazing day energie!

I weighed in at 148 this morning! Lowest so far, and finally gone from my 2 week plateau! I joined Planet Fitness last week and have used it 5 times since then! I even got a personalized workout routine from the fitness instructor, which I'm super excited about! I tried working out at night a few times and I know now that if I'm gonna do this, it's going to have to be at 5am. Otherwise I won't be done till 7:30 and I still have to eat dinner, before going to bed at like 9 or 9:30...it's just too rushed and my adrenaline doesn't let me sleep. I HAVE to go at night at least one more time because I need help with some parts of my workout and the fitness trainer isn't there that early. Ah well, I thought I would HATE working out, but I actualy love it. Its hard, but it gives me an adrenaline high, and I feel amazing afterword (and why would I want to waste that amazing feeling on going to bed 2 hours later?)

I just got home from the gym, and now I'm enjoying my DELICIOUS healthy lunch, big mac in a bowl!

Dottington 06-01-2013 03:52 PM

energie what an awesome day! :)

andi24 Good job on getting down more and for getting in all that gym work! I too like working out in the morning much better, I hate the few days when I can't and have to work out in the evening.

Thanks guys for the support about the scale stuff. It's partly self imposed and partly an intervention thing from my bf and bff :p I'm feeling much better about it today. Especially bc yesterday I took an update photo for making it half way through my ab challenge and was so surprised at how I can really see a difference in my stomach :)

Yesterday went on a pretty killer hike plus did my ab and squat challenge, feeling pretty sore today :p Planning on a hike or walk later and more squat and ab challenge work :carrot:

size8 06-02-2013 06:30 AM

seems like all you ladies are doing great, keep up the good work...

Dottington 06-04-2013 01:06 PM

size8 Thanks! Hope you're doing well too :)

So had a really active weekend. Made good choices eating wise. Friday went hiking for 2 hours plus ab and squats, Sat went hiking for 45min plus ab and squats. Sunday and Monday I visited a friend who lives at the beach and did a ton of walking. Today its back to ab and squats plus I'm planning on doing the bike tonight :)

Dottington 06-07-2013 01:41 PM

Hey! Where's everybody at!?

So I've lost a bit more inches. I've really lost my appetite the past few days. I think its because I'm kind of stressed with relationship stuff right now :/ I've noticed whenever I start to become unhappy in a relationship, I start to lose weight. Same thing when I first enter a relationship.

But yesterday I made a HUGE mistake. I was at my boyfriend's house and needed to use the restroom. He knows about my whole scale obsession and I've talked to him a lot about how hard its been for me to be away from my scale. Well in the restroom was a super old slightly broken looking scale....and I couldn't resist.....

I weighed myself :( And it was the middle of the day, and I was wearing 5in heels, and a huge chunky necklace, and I'd eaten and drank lots of water, and I'd done a killer strength workout the day before....and the scaled weighed 2lbs MORE then when I gave it up two weeks ago. It really messed with my head. I really wish I hadn't weighed myself. Now I feel like failure. Sigh.

tehshort1 06-08-2013 05:30 PM

159.4 on Friday! Haven't been this low since freshman year of college in 2005! I am so super happy!

liliesinmycereal 06-10-2013 12:02 AM

Congrats tehshort1!

curlyfroyo 06-10-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyelle39 (Post 4756056)
[B]
Been on track and working out, even skipped my dads amazing bbq ribs this past weekend. Im trying to transition to a more plant based diet, eventually would like to be vegan.Red meat and pork were the easiest things to eliminate. Hit 151.6 , the least Ive weighed in a good year and half so happy about that ;-).

I completely agree, beef and pork were so easy to drop, its been I think a lil over 5 years ive given it up and I dont miss it unless its st pattys day and i want corned beef and cabbage or summer time bbqs when ppl make ribs. But 2 days of the year....ill live. I then cut out fat on other meats/ only eat skinless chicken. I dont see myself giving up fish and chicken tho...it would be really hard for me since im allergic to soy. good luck girl!

Dottington 06-10-2013 03:45 PM

tehshort1 Great job! :)

So I realized last week that one of my biggest downfalls has been going out to eat. It's not that the restaurants I go to are particularly unhealthy, but I'm one of those people who can eat really healthy, but way too many calories. So I've been really challenging myself to make better choices at restaurants and just have salad or steamed vegetables instead of getting a veggie burger or noodle dish. So far its been good and I'm hoping this will help me reign in my calories a bit.

I've been visiting my bf so exercise hasn't been what it normally is, but I did do my ab workout last night an some squats as well as went for an hour walk.

Hope everyone is doing well!

skinnyelle39 06-11-2013 09:43 AM

Hey ladies. Still hangin around at 150. I keep seeing 147, 148 pop up over the weekend, this is usually after some drinks tho. Im hoping this is the last week I weigh 150 anything.

curlyfroyo thanks girl! I think I can live without chicken but I think fish will always be apart of my life. Love salmon!

dottington at least you are getting some movement in :0). Keep up the good work

tehshort1 congrats and welcome!

Dottington 06-12-2013 01:44 PM

skinnyelle That's so exciting you've broke into the 40s! GREAT job! :carrot:

Went hiking this morning with my bff and made us a delicious and healthy breakfast. Day is off to a great start. Going to do ab work later plus squats!

RedRose86 06-13-2013 12:21 PM

Hey guys, so I got into the 150's back in April and after a long plateau of ups and downs I'm finally starting to lose again. I feel like very "decade" I enter into gets harder and harder. Does anyone else feel this way?

skinnyelle39 06-14-2013 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dottington;4770588]skinnyelle That's so exciting you've broke into the 40s! GREAT job! :carrot:

Thanks! I just wish it would stick. Held strong at 150 all this week even with several indulgences so hopefully by the weekend or next week Ill be under 150 without bouncing back.

Andi24 06-14-2013 10:50 AM

Skinnynelle, great job! I always bounce back and forth for 3-4 days every time I drop a few pounds!

I'm down to 145, which I'm pretty excited about! 26 down, 23 to go, more then halfway there! I was way to tired to go work out at 4 when I woke up, so I have to get there tonight after work. I did make it to the farmers market last night and bought some fresh zucchini, cucumbers and green beans! I had an amazing breakfast this morning, as I neglected the gym so I had time to kill...so I had an egg sandwich on flour free revolution rolls!

skinnyelle39 06-14-2013 11:50 AM

andi24 you are killing it! im down about 26 as well. I think im going to try to drop about 15-25 more, just depends on how much my body resists.

that breakfast sounds amazing. I had an egg sandwich this morning as well, but on an Arnolds sandwich thin for 100 cals. Tell me about these flourless rolls

Dottington 06-14-2013 01:37 PM

andi24 Great job! Yay farmer's market :) I'm still trying to find a good one near me. I'm curious about these rolls too!

skinnyelle I always do that bouncing around thing too :p I can really relate to what you said about deciding on goal depending on how much your body resists....I feel like once you get to a healthy bmi, its like so freakin hard to lose!

So I really want my scale back! haha Its been almost a month....my measurements have gone down a smidgen. I "feel" smaller...hmmm...have to wait and see!

Visiting my bf in LA, excited to head to chinatown later, I'm totally hoping to get some cute ballet flats :)

Have a great weekend everyone!