Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

redrose Great job! Keep up the great work

Ready for a Change Awesome! You're soooooo close to the 30's! I do take measurements, and my thighs and arms do keep going down slowly. But my stupid tummy refuses to! I know I am smaller from the smaller clothing sizes I need, I hate how it takes the scale a while to catch up

curlyfroyo I think you should count it whenever you like! It kind of varies for me. Sometimes I'll wait a couple weeks since my weighing is so sporadic and has a tendency to bounce around before it settles into a new number area. Usually if I see a number staying around for most of the week I'll count it though.

Ugh still super sore from Monday's hike. I got up this morning to go hiking, but stepped outside and couldn't believe how humid and gross it was so did my strength training workout instead. I think its finally starting to get a little easier for me to complete. Not the 1 and a half hour long affair filled with whining and many, many breaks like it was before lol Getting MY scale back tomorrow, excited and nervous!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #77  

Well I am definitely at 140lbs, but I am having a series of fat, ugly, blobby, unhappy days... and it is getting me down
Ready For A Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #78  

Hello lovely peoples. So I am now back up to 141lbs, but I am presently menstruating (overshare, apologies) and always feel a little bloated when I do. Does anyone else put on weight during their time of the month?

How are other peoples journey's going?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #79  

Ready for a Change OMG I put on sooo much weight around TOM(time of month) I'm feeling down too....I thought I'd got into the 140s, but then I upped my hiking and my scale is showing me as super heavy. But I also started getting TOM cramps today while hiking so that along with the added exercise is weighing me super high I'm like...really not happy about it!

So yeah, I'm totally feeling down too. But We need to remember that the scale LIES and look at things like how clothes fit. I know its hard, but we need to remember that we are works in progress and little by little we [I]are[I] getting there and we will meet our goals in time!

This week has been crazy. I ended up doing 27 miles worth of hiking along with strength training. I feel fit and strong, but again, I just feel...big. Bleh. I eat the calories myfitesspal tells me to...I'm thinking maybe its over estimating....? idk....this sucks....I just hope I have a whoosh or something soon....
Old 07-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #80  

My appetite fluctuates fairly wildly during my TOM (thank you for the useful acronym!) as well... so occasionally I feel really hungry which invariably makes me eat more than I intended to which - in turn - makes me guilty and upset with myself. Today, however, I have had no appetite whatsoever, and have only eaten two bowels of cereal and a chunk of chocolate (I know it isn't exactly nutritious... but its what my body wanted!)... as I result I appear to have dropped to 139, but I will not get excited... I'm not calling it.

Lets talk about something other than food. What kind of books do you like, Dottington?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #81  

My appetite goes crazy around TOM too, I just want to eat everything in sight T_T

I like all books! But I especially like history and the classics. I'm not as into modern literature, although I do really love Margaret Atwood. I love Dickens, Flaubert, and Dostoevsky to name a few What about you?

Scale has been going down a bit each day after leaping up so high last week. Grrr. I feel like I've just lost the formula or something with weight loss. Like I used to understand exactly what to do, but now I'm confused. Its like....I'm exercising harder, eating less, being healthier in general....but before I was losing being less strict! I've decided to stop with the calorie counting and instead I'm going to take a more "What will nourish my body" type of approach. Going to try and be very intuitive about it and see how that works.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #82  

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone, glad to see all of you doing so well. Been busy with work for 6 weeks. Only lost 2lbs during that 6 weeks lol, atleast I havent gained any weight.

Glad to be back, lets get this weight loss back on the road..
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #83  

I like a lot of early to mid-twentieth century literature. Fitzgerald, Lawrence, Yates... I also love Margaret Atwood, particularly the Handmaid's Tale. Oh and Annie Proulx and Donna Tartt.

So I have had a bit of a post TOM woosh and seem to be at around 137. So I am going to call it at 139 and see whether or not my woosh is permanent.

How you doing now? Any movement?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #84  

Oh... I am out of the 140s! That just struck me! Yay.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #85  

size8 Good to see you again! Hey, 2lbs is great!

Ready for A Change CONGRATS! You made it! I haven't weighed a few days. Measurement wise I know I'm smaller though according to clothing and sizes.

Really enjoying my new eating style I feel a lot less crazy and a lot more satisfied. I feel like I'm actually in control of my body. I've also found that it 1. doesn't actually take that much food for me to get to the point of not feeling hungry anymore and 2. that I prefer eating every 1-2 hours. Here I had always though of myself as a bigger meal once per day kind of person, but really my body craves snacks. I realize I was eating more before because of calorie counting, I felt like I had to eat a certain amount at a certain time. Like thursday was perfect. I had a berry mango smoothie for breakfast, a couple hours later had a little baggie of raw veggies, an hour later a hard boiled egg, an hour later some fruit, and hour later a hard boiled egg, an hour later a small sandwich, an hour later some berries and nuts, and 2 hours after some some veggie gyoza and rice. Strangely enough it seems the longer I wait to eat, the more voracious I get and then I have trouble stopping and feeling satisfied. Sorry to go on and on about this but I find it really fascinating! haha
Old 07-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello everyone,

I was standing at 151.4 lbs this morning. I am 46 years old and I have never been over 150 lbs except maybe the last six months. A little more than a month ago, I was 147 lbs.

I am flabby. I have a big belly and the last bra I bought was 38 DDDD!!!! (That really killed me.)

I know this is a high goal, but I'd love to be 145 lbs by Aug. 15 when I start work after my vacations. I have been watching past seasons of The Biggest Loser in quick succession which is inspiring as far as big losses go. If I can do well on the diet side, go on bike trips, go hiking, play tennis and really step it up on the physical level, I believe it is achievable. I also started my periods today so which should translate to a few pounds drop.

I want to build muscles. I want to kick start my metabolism and drop inches. I also need new clothes - most of my old clothes are too tight - and the closer I will be to 140 lbs, the better my shopping experience will be.

I am so ready to leave the 50's and I hope I will never revisit them again because it affects my confidence and self-image so much. I become a recluse at that weight. It does not feel like me.

Dottington - You are killing the 50's. You look fit and toned. It's hard to imagine you at 200 lbs.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

hi everybody finally found my way to this thread at 158 and now I'm stuck! I've been sitting here for 4 days! and i have strictly been following my 1365 calories a day and my treadmill interval training 30 min everyday. so today I'm gonna cheat! not a lot or anything, just go over my calories to see if it will shake something up lol.
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #88  

Matisse I'm so sorry you're feeling so down about your weight, but with hard work you'll be back in the 40s and feeling like yourself again in no time! Thanks! Sadly, I just can't seem to get out of them though

jackiedavis87 4 days is at the same weight is NOT what I'd consider stuck! Your body can retain weight for any number of reasons including water retention from exercise, your time of month, stress, change in diet, sodium intake ect Basically our bodies are finicky but if you keep to your plan I promise you start seeing losses again soon!

So I've been taking a break from exercise. I love it so much, but I get so obsessive about Also, I have a lot of repertoire to learn for school so my time for the next month will be pretty much strictly dedicated to practicing, which is a slight workout! lol

Measurements are going down! Not sure if I mentioned it here but size 4 is starting to really become my go to size for skirts and dresses! Got a Banana Republic petite size 4 the other day from Buffalo Exchange and it still had its tags! I was so excited, and it fits awesome. Oh had a funny experience with jeans though. I decided that I'd really like to know my jean size since its been so long since I bought jeans. I tried on a pair of 27s and 26s and....the 27s were too small...but the 26s fit?! haha Guess I'll never know my jean size
Old 07-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #89  

Height: 5'2

Congrats Ready For A Change, I hope I will be joining you in the 130s soon. Ok maybe not soon but hopefully by late August.

Dottington, I also a snacker. I sure do love grazing so I like to keep healthy snack at my table at work to make sure I dont run to the vending machine. I snack on fruits, almond nuts, small tub fat free youghurt, low fat cold meat slices, boiled egg. I do not like snacking on veggies , its bad enough that they are part of my meals. And congrats on fitting into a size4, I dont even fit into a 4 even in my dreams. Geez size 26 jeans, this is a huge achievement. I hope you are proud of yourself, job we3ll done.

jackiedavis87, 158 for 4days is nothing. I was stuck at 146lb for 6weeks. You cannot even begin to imagine my frustration. Keep just doing what you are doing and the weight will come off.

As for me, I am down another 2lb . The Weight Loss Gods are back on my side. I haven't had time to go to gym this week because I have been extremely busy at work. So I am just watching my eating very closely. I have a wedding next weekend and I bought a beautiful body fitting lace dress to wear. I am so excited because I will see people I have not seen in many years, cant wait to see the shock on their faces.
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #90  

size8 Thank you so much! Yeah having tons of healthy snacks on hand is the key to being successful in my opinion. That's too bag you don't like veggies! What about carrots sticks or cherry tomatoes? You could dip them in low cal dressing Or you could put peanut butter on celery, that's one of my favorites! Great job another 2lb loss! You're going to rock your dress at the wedding, I'm sure people will be shocked at how hot you're looking

So exercise has been on the backburner since my #1 hiking spot has had a huge fire and its too hot for desert hiking Also I'm having to fade from summer exercise mode to back to school mode. I have a really intense practice schedule planned for myself which includes getting in 6 hours per day 5 days per week for August. Thankfully playing piano does burn some calories, I think its comparable to taking a walk.