Old 06-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

tofulover Great job on breaking into the 140s! Gosh I agree about weekends being so hard, but I think planning it out like you said really helps Good luck on your scale break, I just took one for 30 days and it was so freeing, although super hard!

andi24 Great job! I can't believe you walked away from the strawberry shortcake, don't know if I would have been able to I think your idea of phasing out medifast is a good one, especially because you seem to be able to make really healthy choices on your own now. I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goal without it

Ok guys...so I lost 2lbs this month! I know it might not seem like a lot, but for me after I broke into the healthy bmi range, every lb lost is such a struggle! Anyways these 2lbs bring me to 50lbs lost! I'm so happy! I can't WAIT to break into the 140s!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 195/150's/140's

Height: 5'6.5

andi24 - well done on the strawberry shortcake! if you're anything at all like me, the strawberry shortcake could have possibly led to even more cravings for sweets, so good for you! going off medifast is a great idea to set you up for maintenance. i would suggest maybe doing a lot of your own meal prep so that you're still kind of eating "pre-made" meals. i eat 90% whole foods right now, and having meals ready for the week ensures i can save up my willpower for more challenging things.

dottington- thanks. as much as i've tried the daily weighing, it doesn't work for me. CONGRATS on your 2 lb loss! I understand the struggle with the slow loss, part of the reason i've ditched the scale. the thing to remember is that no matter how slow it's coming off, it's coming off... and if you keep going, you'll get there! so don't let frustration get you down.

i've had a good week so far. as a teacher, i'm constantly bombarded with sweets from my students (but every workplace has its unique challenges), but i remind myself that every no to some cookie/cake/etc is a yes to my health and commitment to change my lifestyle.
tofulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Dottington 50 pounds! That's AWESOME! And 2 pounds IS a lot, especially in a week! Every pound counts, especially when you get near goal...each little few pounds makes a noticeable difference. Well done!

Tofulover I'm glad your week is going well! Nice on saying no to the sweets...I know that's the hardest part. As a nanny I have similar challenges, particularly when the kids mom makes cookies. Or when I have to feed the kids something I really want. "every no to some cookie/cake/etc is a yes to my health and commitment to change my " LOVE this quote!

Thanks ladies! I definitely know that if I had said YES to the shortcake the rest of the day would have gone to **** in a handbasket, so it was the right decision but it wasn't easy. That's one area I've definitely gained a lot of strength in since starting medifast...which is why I think I can do alright if I start phasing out soon (I want to reach 136.5, my healthy BMI first). I never had the will power and mind set to lose weight on my own before, which is why I kept failing so miserably. I feel like I can do better now, I can make better decisions on my own and I know what to look for in good, healthy food. And I CAN say "no" to a strawberry shortcake shoved in front of my face.

I love the idea of having pre-made meals for the week...that would make things so much easier! I will try that!

I'm so glad to have found this group...things may be a little easier right now because I have everything laid out for me, but I know as soon as I'm off Medifast I'm going to need a lot of encouragement and meal ideas. That's what I'm most nervous about, not knowing what to eat...particularly at first, and making bad choices. Everything is at my fingertips right now...which is one of the downfalls of Medifast I think...it works GREAT but it doesn't prepare you for lifelong maintenance. Or it does, in the transition phase, which I'm close to starting...but even then you eat a lot of their foods. The ideas are GREAT...eating 6 small meals, lots of veggies, limit carbs...those things I'll keep with me for my lifestyle change.

Last edited by Andi24; 06-19-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #49  

tofuloverGreat job turning down the treats! I'm a piano teacher, and my students used to give me things all the time, but now I've turned them down enough and told them about my healthy efforts so they've stopped Instead they give me fruit now haha

Andi24They most important thing is believing in yourself! If you believe you can do it, then it really will happen We're here to support you and I know I have a ton of meal ideas I can give you and I'm sure others in the group have some great ideas as well!

I'm so proud of myself right now! I was really craving pizza(my biggest downfall!) and I had some frozen slices of veggie pizza in my fridge. I heated up two, and then took a 2 bites from each one and tossed them! I realized I just wanted the taste and andi24, I thank you because your shortcake story totally inspired me haha

Took some pics today of my before and after ab challenge. Definitely a difference! I'll post the pics Pardon the goofy faces! It was 6AM and before my hike/no makeup/hadn't brushed my hair yet. You know, there is one thing I find sad about these pics and its how much my boobs have shrunk oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 5-14-13 at 11.51 AM.jpg (13.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 5-14-13 at 11.52 AM.jpg (14.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 6-20-13 at 6.56 AM.jpg (20.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 6-20-13 at 6.57 AM.jpg (18.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 6-20-13 at 6.52 AM #2.jpg (55.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #50  

Dottington WTG! Did it satisfy your craving? It's SO hard to walk away, so good for you!! I saw your before/after pics in the picture thread, and WOW, you look AWESOME! I am so afraid of having saggy skin after I'm at goal, I'm getting to the gym often to tone as I lose , so hopefully that helps! You DO NOT look like you lost a ton of weight, you look like you never had it! The boobs are the thing I WANT to shrink, but I don't think they will, at least not much!

Today I got to the gym at 5:30 and got my workout in, now I'm off to get a full body massage...I'm looking forward to that, since I started working out my body has been tense. It turned from a painful tense to a feel good tense but it's still tense. Then I get to help my brother move, so I can undo all the relaxing at the spa! My goal is also to find SOMEWHRE that sells Rhubarb, but I ran around to 4 different stores yesterday and NOBODY had it! It is in season, and I NEED to try out my new recipe! LOL!

The scale hit 143.0, my new low, and one pound away from a 30lb loss!

Side note. I just got back from Kohls, with my VERY FIRST PAIR OF SIZE 6 SHORTS! I can't totally fit into them yet...muffin top...but I could pull them up and zip!!!! This coming from a 16 at start!

Last edited by Andi24; 06-22-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

I'm in! I'm at 151 and it's been a struggle for me to get out of the 150's. And I thought the 170's was a struggle!
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 178/154/135

Height: 5"4

Hi! Am hovering around 150,152. So desperate to break into 140s!! Suffering from neck injury so can't even work out for an few days...:-\
deb813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #53  

Draganstar I was stuck at 152 for weeks! Keep it up, stay on plan, you will make it!

deb Sorry to hear about your neck Keep up the hard work!

It's gonna be a tough week for me, but I fully plan on staying completely on plan! Today we have guests from Philly, we're having a big ol' grill out/party this evening, so I am restricting myself to 90 calorie shakes all day! Wednesday I'm going out for dinner and don't want to restrict myself to crazily so I'm, again, going to restrict myself all day. Friday I'm going to Summerfest with the friends from Philly, and Saturday is Six Flags...which I'm most worried about. Gonna have to attempt to bring in my own food, maybe I'll try to tell them I'm diabetic and need my bars with me, and can't eat food in the park...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 152/152/132

Height: 5' 2"

I'm a newbie but I'd like to join here too. I find myself joining so many threads...I don't know if I'll keep up with them all. Anyway, I was 152 when I signed up here about 2 weeks ago and have since binged and been lazy...so I'm pretty sure I've gained (avoiding the weighing scale cuz I don't want to feel yucky...although I already do).. will check tomorrow morning.
kairyudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 201/154.6/135

Height: 5'6"

So...Its been a couple weeks since I've posted and I definitely fell off the bandwagon. It's hard to believe how easy it is to fall back into old ways. And I didn't want to admit this but I gained 11 lbs in about 3 weeks. Wow. Granted, I've done this before and it usually comes off quickly because it's generally a lot of water weight but I wanted to put a question out to all of you.

What do you do when you realize that slipping into the old ways is so easy? I think the important part is you get back on plan and that's the difference between all the other times and now. But wow, it was way easier than I thought. Advice/Thoughts/Comments?
CaityCait88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

141.something today ive been bouncing around 141/142/143...why must getting outta the 140s taught me so
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #57  

andi24 Thanks! How did 6 flags go?

dragonstar85 150s have been really hard for me too! It really does get so much harder each decade But we can do it!

deb813 Hope your neck is doing better! Don't worry, as long as you keep going you WILL reach the 140s

kairyudo Welcome!

CaityCait88 It is scary how easy it is to fall into old habits :/ And its doubly frustrating when you get to lower weights because I know for me 1-2 off could result in a gain even if I'm perfect the rest of the week. I think the important thing to do is just get back on the wagon but in small steps. Especially if you went off for more then a couple days because trying to go full force could end up just making you discouraged. So try getting back on the first day by drinking all your water or doing some exercise for example. For a week add back a healthy habit each day. Accomplishing those small goals will make you feel more secure again that you can get back on track, good luck!

curlyfroyo You're so close to breaking out of the 40s! You can do it!

Sorry I've been MIA. Its been really busy lately I've gone a little off plan bc for some reason TOM is being psychotic this month. Usually TOM comes and goes and there's no pain, no crazy mood swings, a few cravings but nothing too awful. Well this month it was late and its been a nightmare. I've been like depressed all week, have had monster cravings, lethargic, in tons of pain, and totally exhausted Ugh I'm just waiting for it to pass...

Anyways, feeling a little better today, so back on track from slipping up a little earlier in the week
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #58  

Went on an AWESOME hike yesterday Broke a personal best, and was just all around proud/amazed at how fast I've gotten at hiking. Did 7 miles up mt. San Jacinto, and today I'm not even feeling that sore! What's most crazy is this hike used to be really hard for me, but yesterday it was a breeze so I kept going faster and faster to see what it would take for me to make it feel hard again. I know that's probably really strange lol

Record breaking heat here on the west coast, luckily I'm by the beach visiting my boyfriend this weekend. Today we're going to a museum in malibu and I'm hoping to do some clothes shopping in santa monica.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!

Here's some pics from the hike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1039890_10200422511498958_175404647_o.jpg (40.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1049025_10200422528219376_1562890655_o.jpg (68.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #59  

Hello everyone,

I am definitely with you. I have been on a 141 lbs plateau for what seems like an age. If I stop paying attention I go up a little, if I diet I just maintain. It is deeply frustrating.

I also sympathise a great deal with those of you in the 150s. Starting my journey was fairly easy, I dropped 20 lbs with a degree of ease. Then I hit 154 lbs and things slowed considerably. With unfaltering persistence, you will beat it!

I know it seems as if the 130lbs are so much within my reach that my participation on this thread is silly... but honestly, if you knew how much my body wanted to stay in the 140lbs... you would understand!

Ready For A Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #60  

Ready for a change I don't think its silly at all! For me, once I got to a healthy bmi, even a 1lb loss is a huge difference and takes a ton of effort. I can totally sympathize with you!

Yesterday started out really good, but then I went to this greek restaurant and it made me super sick It was some of the worst food I've ever had and it was expensive! So yesterday I felt like crap, although I did do a lot of walking.

I also went shopping since my clothes situation is getting desperate. I really really need new clothes. So went to crossroads which is kind of like buffalo exchange but is more focused on designer stuff. Anyways I tried on a bunch of skirts and dresses and was shocked that everything that fit was a size 4 O_o I instinctively still grab Ls and Ms. For pants and shorts I still need Ms, but dresses and skirts I need smalls. Its so weird though because I don't think I look that small. Pretty sure vanity sizing has just gotten super out of hand

What's your guys take on vanity sizing??

Last edited by Dottington; 06-30-2013 at 02:14 PM.