3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Adios to the 140's and 150's-7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/281927-adios-140s-150s-7-a.html)

Annii2901 04-06-2015 01:11 PM

Hi seize the day, yes, I'm really pleased with the total, but like I said it really slowed the last couple of weeks. So, I did two things. Well three. The first was to dig in and keep going. The second was to cut calories by 200 each day (I'm low carb and calorie counting). The third was to start actually moving! I got active with diy, cleaning and the garden and today, I dusted off the elliptical machine in my garage and used it for the first time in 10 yes 10 years! It cost me £500 in 2005 and I only used it for 3 months!

Sounds like you have the same idea as me on the exercise front....good luck xx

Anni

seize the day 04-07-2015 10:20 AM

What was your starting calorie amount, if you don't mind me asking, and how many days did you do the cut 200 cals method? I don't know if I could cut 200 cals each day and still stay in a healthy, reasonable range. I think weekends are my killer - I do well Mon - thurs and then Fri - Sun I get off track. I am still losing about 0.5 lbs a week but it's very 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I know if I could stay on track all the way through the week, I could double or triple my weightloss.

kahaney 04-28-2015 03:22 PM

I am at 150.8 today! I took a little diet break, but am back on schedule! I am hoping that within the week (maybe even tomorrow) I will be back in the 140s!

kahaney 05-14-2015 11:34 AM

I am at 145.6 today! Almost halfway through the 140s, and I cannot WAIT to see the scale in the 130s! It's been SO long since I was there!

seize the day 05-14-2015 12:16 PM

Congrats Kahaney! I had a backslide and ended up gaining a bit -- back at 148 (was down to 146) -- but I'm moving in the right direction again. I really want to by in the 130's in June -- but I know that's a steep goal for me. Hoping some new dedication (especially over the weekends) will help me meet my goal.

kahaney 05-16-2015 12:48 AM

Thank you, Seize the Day! I would also like to be in the 130s by June! Let's do this thing together! :D

Kesinee

seize the day 05-18-2015 10:30 AM

Kahaney -- I am on board! I told my husband yesterday that I am officially committing myself to losing weight and getting back in shape, and that if I bring any crap (junk food) into the house, he needs to throw it out, lol. I'm hoping that it will help keep me on track. The weather is getting pretty warm, finally, I really want to be at a point where I fit into some of my old summer clothes from before I had my son.

kahaney 05-18-2015 11:53 AM

Yay! It's nice to do this kind of stuff with people who have similar goals! I'd like to buy a new Summer wardrobe...I'd like to buy lots of sundresses and rompers...and it would be fun to buy them in size small, I think! Plus...when I get down to my final goal weight, I want to buy a sexy new bikini! The weather is warming up here, too! I'm so excited! I love summer!

Kesinee

seize the day 05-18-2015 12:43 PM

I love summer too! and my family wedding (we got married in the courthouse but wanted to save money to have a big family wedding later on) is at the end of June, and I would love to be in the 130's for that.

I'm setting up a new program to help me meet my 130's by June goal (and stating them here to hold myself accountable ;) )

1. Drink 144 or more oz. of water per day (6 water bottles or more)

2. Keep my net carbs (grams of carbs - grams of fiber) at 60 grams or less per day

3. Keep my sugar content at 25 grams or less per day (primarily from fruit/veggies)

4. Do at least 3 mins of planks every day.

5. Do at least 100 squats every day.

6. Run at least 3 times a week.

I am hoping to lose 11.8 lbs in the next 6 weeks -- so basically 2 lbs a week. Hoping I can make this happen!

kahaney 05-18-2015 03:29 PM

Very nice!!!
I am on a diet called the Scarsdale diet. I like it because it's low fat/low carb, but it's not making you take them out entirely. It's also super easy to modify to suit needs!
I make sure I do at least an hour of physical activity everyday! So far this has mostly been boxing, kickboxing, zumba, tap/jazz classes. I've also started walking home from class/work. It's about 5 miles, so that feels good, too!
I also drink a load of water everyday...but I am a sweaty person when I work out, so that part is easier!
Gosh...I can't wait to be in the 130s...it's been 9 years since I was there!

seize the day 05-18-2015 04:13 PM

Wow, that is quite the regimen. I hope I can work my way up to a routine like that at some point. I am still adjusting to caring for my son (4 months) while working, so everything seems to take a lot longer, leaving me less time for exercise, but I figure it's time to stop making excuses and start adjusting my schedule. So, I am going to start getting up earlier and working up before my husband leaves for work. hopefully that will help get me back on track.

seize the day 05-19-2015 09:46 AM

Down 1.6 lbs this morning :) Met all of my goals accept 3.. so not too bad. Hoping to do better today. Already did 40 mins of interval running, so I feel like I'm off to a good start.

Yesterday:

1. Drink 144 or more oz. of water per day (6 water bottles or more) -- Met (180 oz)
2. Keep my net carbs (grams of carbs - grams of fiber) at 60 grams or less per day -- Met (46)
3. Keep my sugar content at 25 grams or less per day (primarily from fruit/veggies) -- Didn't meet :( had 32 grams
4. Do at least 3 mins of planks every day. Met
5. Do at least 100 squats every day. Met
6. Run at least 3 times a week.

kahaney 05-19-2015 05:36 PM

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! I am heading to boxing in about 20 mins!!

kahaney 06-07-2015 01:35 PM

Update: I only have 1.4 pounds to go until I am in the 130s! I can't wait!!

seize the day 06-08-2015 10:39 AM

Congrats Kahaney! I am at 146.4, so still moving forward... just very slowly lol. Good news is that I have lost over 20 lbs in the last 5 months, so I am still averaging a steady loss of about a pound a week. I just really want to do a better job dedicating myself to exercise (which is the thing that always falls by the wayside) so that I can gain strength, instead of just losing weight.