3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #286
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome, Lucrezia. Congratulations! You sure sound busy! I'm there with you on school but tutoring, etc, whoa!

Dottington- Glad your bf is going along so far!!! Wish I could give you advice on how to get over it. I've not gone to a public gym yet and honestly am quite shy/nervous about exercising in public since I'm so.... jiggly. I think maybe if you go and do a little by little each day, build up your confidence? Another thing would be to bring a friend or BF so you don't feel alone. Just my few cents even though I've yet to try it myself. Good luck with your strength training plan. Enchilada casserole, yummy! Are you using red or green sauce? Just curious.

Maria- You're totally talented. Aside from English, I only know ASL (American sign language) and 1 year of German but I forget most of the German since I've never really used it outside of class and that was almost 10 years ago, haha. I am sorry to hear about your brother. Dot made a great suggestion, I think.

I was 160.8 this am, so close to my previous 159.8. Here is hoping that I see 159.8 again or less come the next weigh-in.

I'm having dill potato salad and grilled veggies in some Italian dressing for lunch. The grilled veggies tasted too much like smoke when BF grilled them with wood chips so added the Italian dressing to sort of cover it up.

No Reese's cups this time but I made something that sort of tasted like peanut butter fudge. Melt 8 servings (a little less than, I used 95g) white chocolate chips, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 4 tbsp peanut butter (you can use pb2 to lower calories and fat significantly, I used Planters' cherry chocolate PB since it was what I had on hand). Each cup is about 121 calories and about 9 grams of fat (out of 11 cups in mini muffin liners.) I notice each batch tastes better as time goes on so if you're wanting to make this, resist the urge to try it for least 2 days.

PS, if the above paragraph re: sweets is triggering, please let me know and I'll edit my post. I wouldn't want to derail anyone or whatever, ya know.

Have a great day, all!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 03-25-2014 at 01:22 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #287

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Happy hump day everyone!

Maria Wow to speaking 4 languages! I love languages but never seem to find the time to learn them properly. I can just about form a sentence in French, but that's about it. I know nothing about cattle but Dot's suggestion does seem like a good compromise. Is that something that might work?

Lucrezia Hi! What a busy life you lead! What do you tutor in? It's great that you've not had time to snack on junk food. Hopefully you're not losing weight because of stress though, that's not good. Will it be busy like this for a while or is it a short term thing?

Dot I do weights / strength training in the gym Mon - Fri. There's quite a mix of people in my gym, but mostly in the weights bit where I train are fairly muscly guys, and the odd super-skinny girl. A few things I've read along the way are good to remind yourself if you're feeling a bit nervous about working out around these people. 1) You're working out! It doesn't matter what size or shape you are, if you're working out, that's something that other people who work out will respect. 2) All the other people there are probably worrying so much about what other people think about them that they're unlikely to notice anything about you. You might see them all as super-fit jocks and cheerleaders, but they're probably looking in the mirror at themselves and analysing which bits they like, which bits need work etc. 3) If you need to ask someone for advice / how to use a machine etc, it will make them feel clever. Think about how good it felt last time you were able to help someone with something? 4) If I actually DO think someone is looking at me funny, I use it as motivation to make sure I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing to my very best ability. It helps me focus, concentrate on form and push myself that tiny bit harder.

Not sure if any of that's any use, but it's all helped me learn to love the weights area.

Amandie Oooh that recipe sounds delicious! With my "clean eating" the white chocolate would be out, but I think I might order some coconut oil to experiment with. I'm hearing lots of good things about it at the moment. Do you use it to cook too? I saw a great recipe for coconut protein bites the other day, I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

I saw 141 on the scale this morning. I don't log my weight until Monday so I'm hoping it stays. If I can lose one more pound before then I'll be my lowest this year! I've been totally good so far this week with my food, logging and working out. I feel pretty proud of myself, which is good on one hand but worries me on the other. The opposite side of pride is guilt, and I'm scared how I'll deal with a slip up (which is inevitable, nobody's a saint!). I don't want to feel guilty about food, that's not part of my healthy journey, so I'm hoping I'll be able to enjoy it, accept it, and move on straight away getting back to clean eating. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #288

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Amandie-Yeah I think I'm going to force one of my friends to go with me lol But not until May Term when most of the school is gone, bc I really am too chicken haha I used a red sauce, I debated over making a black bean sauce but was so hungry so kept it simple. For the filling I sautéed shallots, kale with lots of spices and added black beans. I layered the corn tortillas with that and gouda goat cheese. On top I sprinkled nutritional yeast. It was really good. Mmm that peanut butter fudge sounds delish! I LOVE peanut anything I don't find your posts of desserts triggering at all, they give me some great ideas

themilesawaygirl-Thanks for the great advice on the gym, I really appreciate it You're almost in the 130s! Go you! I hope you're able to get over the feelings of guilt…I've had a lot of issues with that in the past when it comes to food and with time and being mindful it has definitely lessened.

Ugh is the semester over yet?! lol That kind of week, I know its going to be non stop madness for the next 3 weeks blah. I did more strength training last night and am not too sore, it was really tiring though. I've tried dropping my calories because looking back through my weigh in graphs and running some numbers I think I've finally got my new sweet spot figured out for losing. Little hard getting used to less calories though, but I know after two weeks my body will adjust
I had a mini NSV yesterday-my friend who I visited in Catalina posted some pics from when I was there and I didn't realize she had taken some candids! I normally avoid any candid photos at all costs bc I always think I look awful, but I was really happy with the ones she posted! I really don't think I look that bad at all actually That was pretty neat not having to go through and untag myself from all them haha

Anyone else have some good NSVs lately? Also do you guys take measurements?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #289

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was good. Pretty low key over all. Went for a hike with the boyfriend which was nice. My bf has recently gone on this health kick bc I guess he's starting to feel a little insecure around me…at least that's how its coming out when he explains it I'm happy though bc he really has gotten lazy and eating poorly the few months(he's the epitome of skinny fat). I'm trying to be supportive and encouraging and not tell him what to do/what he's doing wrong ect

I did a lot of cooking for the week sunday. I made these super protein packed veggie burgers, rice balls stuffed with sautéed tofu and cabbage in a peanut sauce I made, and coconut curry sweet potato soup. The rice balls are really filling so I'm taking them as my lunch.

Think I mentioned this but finally figured out my sweet spot calorie wise. Really have to stay around 1200-1300 net to see any decent losses. Its getting easier, I notice my calories getting a little less each day and my averages dropping. Weekends are still a struggle but this weekend I did really well!

My boyfriend took my scale away and I'm challenging myself to become less reliant on the scale. I'm going to keep striving for 1200-1300 each day, continue with exercise, and push hard this whole month without the scale dictating my daily happiness Its freeing, exciting, and super scary all at the same time!

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

Last edited by Dottington : 04-01-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #290

Dott - Any tips on how to encourage your bf without sounding like you're telling him what to do? I'm really struggling!

I'm glad you're happy with candid shots of yourself, that must be such a great feeling! I have the opposite - I think I look OK in the mirror then see photos of myself and think 'woah, I am not as slim as I thought I was!'

Your cooking sounds delicious, do you buy pre-prepared tofu? I got some once but the hassle of pressing it for days annoyed me. Do you work out your net calories on MFP? I found it didn't make any difference if you put strength training in, which seems odd.

Well done for doing well at the weekend. It'll be a test for me this weekend to see if I can stick to plan. My BF is away at the moment so it *should* be much easier without him around!

How are you doing without the scale!? I think I'd go crazy! One of my goals is to take measurements and progress pictures, I always forget! I'm really bad at taking measurements too, I can get a variance of a couple if inches in a few minutes! Do you measure?

I went back up to 140 on the scale this morning after being in the 130s all week. I had a bit of a bad binge moment last night though, shoving food in my face. It wasn't toooo bad - I had a few handfuls of Cheerios, about half a pint of unsweetened almond milk, probably a generous tablespoon of peanut butter and an all-natural fruit cereal bar. Not worth a 2lb gain this morning! Muscles are sore though, so hoping it's just a bit of water. The trick is to stay good over the weekend. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #291
Gettin' it done!

Hello my darlings!!!

Sorry, I've been away. Down to 158.8, yeaaaahhh! I had to stop working out for a bit though... I hurt my knee last weekend hitting it on something, don't remember. Hopefully by Monday, I will be ready to work out again on the elliptical. If not, I will start using my weights.

Busy with school, got an A in my sociology exam (my first A in that class so I really needed it!) then another upcoming test on Tuesday. I really dislike group projects but I will try my best to just get through it!!!!

Dot- it sucks having to go low just to get decent losses, doesn't it?! /sigh

Milesawaygirl- wishing you the best of luck this weekend. Hang in there, you can do this!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #292
Gettin' it done!

Whoa, 156.6?! My lowest ever in 10+ years!!! Believe me, I did a big happy dance!!!! It is so weird, I stop working out and now I'm dropping more than usual? Whatever, I'll take it!

Have a great weekend, lovelies!!

Last edited by amandie : 04-05-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #293

TheMilesAwayGirl-I just give him lots of positive reinforcement and don't pass judgement on his plans(which is hard!). I ONLY give advice when he asks for it and I make sure to compliment him telling him I can see the differences in his body already starting to take shape ect Good luck! I'm a total control freak and its REALLY hard just sitting back and watching. The tofu I prefer is the wildwood brand super firm high protein tofu which doesn't need to be pressed Its sometimes hard to get though, so sometimes I get regular extra firm tofu and will press it for maybe an hour, but I usually pan sear my tofu in small thin strips so that gets it pretty firm/rid of extra liquid without lots of pressing. I do use MFP, I add the strength to the cardio section so it adds the calories. I noticed if I do it just under strength it doesn't add calories and I need those calories! lol I love taking measurements actually! I find it much more accurate then the scale. Mine are pretty consistent, probably bc I've been doing it for so long. I highly suggest taking measurements! In the mini goal section I posted a pic recently of only a 10lb difference, but I've lost lots of inches and it's amazing how big of a change there is. The scale can be really deceitful if you exercise a lot and are already at a healthy BMI I think.

Amandie- AWESOME! I always have a drop when I take an exercise break too, for me it seems to be from my muscles releasing the water they've been retaining during exercise. Great job on the A in sociology. I loathe group projects, seriously they should be forbidden haha It does suck having to go so low, but I think I'm slowly adapting…

So I'm doing good without the scale! I still have little moments of panic and get scared I'm gaining weight, but that in turn has made me be much stricter with my exercise and eating! Ironic since I was afraid not having the scale there to remind me would make me LESS accountable. This week got my net calorie average down to 1383, hoping to get it closer to 1300 proper this next week I think my face might be looking a little slimmer. My face is where I always lose first so maybe I'm dropping. I take measurements every month in the middle of the month so will wait a little longer before taking them again.

I had some more fun NSV this week. I ordered some clothing from China and was really scared about the sizing bc I know how Asian sizes are smaller then US sizes. Well I looked at the measurements they listed before buying of course and settled on a medium and was very happy when it arrived yesterday and fit perfectly Also had to get a dress for tomorrow's performance and the only size left was a juniors 5, so was very afraid it wouldn't fit but it did(and was actually too big in the chest, will have to wear a padded bra lol)

Have a great weekend filled with healthy choices guys!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #294

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Hello guys! I used to frequent 3FC quite a lot last year and I even got down to 130lb for quite a while! However, I found that this weight was a bit too skinny for me, and I ate more to gain back some weight. However, on top of this, I gained way too many winter pounds and my weight is back at 143-145lb. ><

I want to get back into the 130s! I'm back at the gym, back at counting my calories and keeping a food diary. My weight currently fluctuates between 143-145lb even though I've been at the gym for the past few weeks. Want to keep my head up and stay focused so I'm back here at 3FC. Hope you guys are well!

[ Mini-goal: 63.9kg (141lb) ]
[ Mini-goal: 63.5kg (140lb) ]
[ Mini-goal: 61.2kg (135lb) ]

*50-Day Exercise Challenge Post*
September/October
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #295

Em123- 143 I where I've been around too for a while, the 40s are so tough to break aren't they?! With hard work though we will all break into the 30s eventually!

Worst weekend I've had in a month eating wise. Notice I always lose control when I have a concert. The concert went great though! Hopefully will have some pics later this week to post. Also have some video I need to post!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #296
Maria

S/C/G: 253/140/130

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys. I haven't posted here in a long time. I tend to disappear after I mention my brother's death. I hate to even think about it but I also have to tell everyone at the same time...

I'll get my period tomorrow and I'm ravenous. PMS lasts seven days. The first 2-3 days I get cravings. But then for five days I'm just always starving. I eat until I'm full and 2 hours later I'm in pain, lightheaded and I want to throw up.

I've already had two bad days this week. I don't want to have another one but I also keep thinking that it's the last day and I should just go ahead and waste it. I just had a snack and it didn't help at all. It's so exhausting! How do you deal with it?

Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #297
Gettin' it done!

What the ****? Do I have a tapeworm or something? 155.4 this am.

While I am excited about weighing this low in many years, I'm a bit anxious on how much I have been dropping lately. I guess it is all the current stress I'm dealing with, that's partly why I haven't been posting much.

Hello Em and welcome! Looking forward to getting to know to you!

Dot- Sounds like stress got to you re: your opera, glad it went well! Can't wait to see pictures.
Ugh, yes please let this be the last group project I have to do. it doesn't help that I kinda have a flaky group too. We've yet to start since none of us can agree on a same time, I'm thinking of delegating and making sure everyone does something at least, even if we can't meet in person! We still have skype and crap, right? Lol

Hey, Maria!!! Welcome black. No advice on how to deal with it, I try to just take it one meal/day at a time. My period is coming up too and pretty soon, I'll be ravenous and nothing will satiate that hunger. Pretty annoying as eff for sure but it is what it is.

Have a great day, all!!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #298
Maria

S/C/G: 253/140/130

Height: 5' 6"

Em123 welcome! It's just 2 kg, you'll lose them in no time!

Dottington I guess you get stressed before concerts. I do that, too. Way to go on the concert!

amandie why would you be anxious? I spent four years eating way too little (I didn't know it) on and off and it didn't hurt me at all. Now I'm still eating less than I should because I don't have a lot of weight left. If you're worried that you're not eating enough due to stress, don't.

I managed to stay at 1208 calories yesterday and it was a huge mistake. I woke up feeling too weak and dizzy, I was shaking and I felt like throwing up. It's not the first time it happened and I know that it's because I didn't eat. I'm still not feeling well. I'll eat at maintenance today and hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #299

Marnia-I know it must be really hard talking about your brother You're so strong to talk about it and to keep coming back! As far as TOM and cravings go-I am realistic with myself that during those days I need to eat at maintenance sometimes otherwise it will be a disaster. Its better to eat at maintenance then making yourself miserable and sick by sticking to lower calories. Make sure you plan to get lots of sleep on those days too, I've found that helps a lot for me. I get very stressed before concerts! haha Unfortunately the stress turns into binging-its the ONLY time I ever do that now and really the last area I need to tackle with this weight loss

Amandie-Enjoy the quick drops! As long as you feel ok and are getting your nutrients I don't think you have anything to worry about It will all probably level out in a few weeks. If the rapid loss continues though, and you still can't account for it after two months-then I would schedule a doctor appointment just to check that everything is ok

I'm soooo tired. I have a friend who's already an established pianist and he played a concert last night that I went to. It was a lot of fun, but I only got 3 hours of sleep! Ahhh! Also haven't eaten enough the last couple days, but that's ok because I guess I'm just adjusting from the weekend binge At the concert there was a lot of free wine, I limited myself to 2.5 glasses over 3 hours but I'm such a light weight and hadn't eaten enough so got a little tipsy
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #300

Dott Yay, the concert went well! Can't wait to see the pics / vid Don't beat yourself up about your food going a bit off for a few days - focusing on the concert was important and you can get right back on track from today (after you've caught up on all-important sleep). What was the friend's concert? Was it solo or with an orchestra? Glad you had fun. Oh, my BF got back from his trip away last night, and one of the first things he said was "I need to start going to the gym!". I told him it was a great idea, maybe I should suggest a day for him to go when we've not got anything planned? I might put my weight training into MFP this week and see what difference it makes. I track my food on a spreadsheet as I can never be bothered to enter everything into MFP, and I'm quite particular about getting it right! I took measurements again yesterday, I'm still not feeling like I'm very good at it. Since last time, my waist has gone down a quarter inch, but my chest has gone up an inch! I just can't judge where the tape measure is, how tight I'm pulling etc. I'll keep trying though. I've got some calipers to try and measure body fat percentage too, I'll ask the BF to help me with them as it's a bit fiddly to do myself. Good for you on the NSV! I posted on one of Rie's threads about finally starting to notice clothes feeling a little bit looser. It's such a great feeling isn't it!

Em123 Hi! Congratulations for getting back into good habits. It might take a while for your hard work at the gym to show, so keep at it and you'll start to notice a difference in no time

Maria I can't begin to imagine what you're going through dealing with the loss of your brother. Just know that if you need to come here and share your feelings with us, then that's fine, and if you need to vanish for a while, then that's fine, and whenever you feel like coming back to chat about PMS and food and cravings, well then that's just fine too!

With the cravings - I try not to have 'bad days' with eating. If I lose control and pig out in the afternoon, I try not to get into the mindset of a 'bad day' but just put it down as a 'bad moment; and then try to have a healthy dinner to compensate, in a way. It removes the urge to write off the whole day and encourages me to make better choices. Also, if I know I'm going to be in one of those moods where I'm in and out of the kitchen every half hour, I make sure I stock up on healthy stuff and don't buy junk in advance. So for example, I'd make bowls of chopped veggies and get some houmous, have lots of fruit, yoghurts, nuts, maybe some dark chocolate or natural cereal bars. That way, even though I'm eating pretty much constantly, I'm not pigging out and I don't get the over-full feeling of eating a ton of junk food all at once. Hope you're feeling better and managing today and you've managed to eat enough to stop the dizziness x

Amandie Congrats on the loss! I wouldn't worry too much about a 'whoosh' if, as Dott says, you're feeling fine. If it carries on at a drastic rate or you start to feel weak or unwell then definitely get it checked out though.

Well I've only seen 140 once in the past week, I've been hovering around 138 so I probably shouldn't be in this thread any more! But I like it here so I'm going to hang around for a bit I was terrible with my food yesterday and Monday, so I really need to get my discipline back if I want to keep on losing as it's oh-too easy for me to slip back into old habits of far too many treats every day! Here's to a healthy rest-of-week.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.