3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

Old 02-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #226

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Concert was a success! Really a magical evening and I am so happy. I'm taking it easy the rest of the week. Eating was awful from V-day weekend and concert celebration. Scale is up 4lbs! Know its just water weight. I'm expecting a gain for the week on the scale, but by the end of the month I'm hoping to see 142.something!

Including some pics from the concert. First one is me, then me and my mom and sister.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1404.jpg (27.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1409.jpg (40.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #227

Nobody around anymore?

Scale finally going down slowly after the V-day weekend/post concert celebration eating fiasco. Back to 144.0 today I'm so excited, March 7th I'm going to visit one of my oldest friends on catalina island! She works on the island doing cool stuff like teaching children about science and catching sharks to study them. I visited her two years ago and it was when I first started trying to lose weight(and when I had just joined this site!). I was probably 185-190 then and the pics really depressed me bc I was HUGE. But I'm so excited to go back for an island adventure now that I'm thinner! I need to buy a bathing suit I'm not sure what style I want…I'm going to try some on today. I kind of want a retro one piece. Its weird, I was never afraid of wearing bikinis. I've ALWAYS worn bikinis bc I didn't want to be stuck in a "fat girl" one piece. I always felt like it was harder to pull off a one piece actually bc of the connotations that go with it. Idk does that make sense? So yeah I'm thinking of looking at some 1 pieces and see how they look. If I don't look too awful I'll even post pics haha

My goal starting last wed was to stay totally on plan(calorie wise) for the remainder of the month. So far its going well. Yesterday was hard because I was sooo hungry. Today I have a hike planned to make up for any treats that sneak in since its a Saturday and I already know I'm going out to dinner
Old 02-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #228

S/C/G: 133/117/112

Height: 5'2

Dottington, I'm glad your scale is moving down!

I haven't been able to get mine to budge. I've been stuck at 145 for months! Your Catalina trip sounds like fun. I should take a cue from you, and try to get some more hiking in soon. The weather sure has been beautiful in Southern California!
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #229

soon2Bslender- Do you live in so cal too? I know the whether has been amazing! For some reason 145 is like a set point for me. Not as bad as 156(I shudder thinking of those months….) but its still REALLY freakin hard to get past for some reason! We will both get out of these pesky 40s though!

Yesterday was a good day. Found a new awesome hiking place(so sick of the ugly place near my house ) and its only 30min away. Lots of trails of varying length. Me and my bf did a short one, and ended up being way too short so hopped on another one. Did 2m averaging 2.6mph. I'm trying to get back up to my end of summer times of 3mph. 2m though is actually really good for my boyfriend who's not that into exercise. He's getting into it much more though and getting faster too!

Weight is up! arhhh! I know why though, I stayed within my allotted calories BUT I went out to dinner and got gluten free pasta and it was filled with sodium. So far this is the most on plan weekend I've ever had. I'm really hoping the scale will reward me with a good number by friday!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #230

Thank you for the warm welcome

I am a So Cal resident too! Do you mind my asking what general area you found for hiking? I've been having Asthma attacks since moving back to CA earlier this year, but I'm trying to get those under control. I used to hike quite often when I lived in a different climate. I'm thinking that maybe I should join a meetup group for hiking once I get everything under control.

I'm sure it's that weekend sodium bloat! How many calories are you eating on your plan? I've been really good with my calories, but I just haven't had much movement. Today the scale did move down to 144.8 though... woohoo!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #231

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all! I'm returning to 3FC after a looooong time away.

I feel like I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember, and I've stayed the same. I'm posting in this thread because I'm stuck at 145ish too! I tend to be fairly good with my food during the week, it goes down to 142 / 143 at the weekend then straight back to 145 on a Monday!

I'm DETERMINED to break this once and for all, and trying to make myself take pictures and measurements too, as I do a fair bit of weight training so want to make sure my weight maintenance isn't in fact 'swapping' fat with muscle. I find it terribly hard to judge whether my shape is changing at all - does anyone else find this?

Happy Monday
Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #232

Welcome back themilesawaygirl!

What is it about 145? My scale is back there again this morning! Why couldn't my scale learn to love another (lower) weight? Let's see if I can move this thing down to 143 by the end of the week.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #233

themilesawaygirl- Omg I have the same exact thing going on with the weekends! My low weights are always the same like yours usually by Friday and then yeah back up. We can beat this though! I think taking measurements is a great idea and is essential if you're exercising a lot. This past summer I stalled for 3 months, but went down a size bc I was exercising so much.

Soon2bSlender-I live in Loma Linda and for hiking theres this place called Hulda Crooks(free) super close to my house that I normally hike at. This weekend I went to Wildwood Canyon Park(free). The San Bernardino Mountains(adventure pass required some places) have lots to offer hiking wise. Other good areas near me are Oak Glen(free), and I'm originally from Palm Springs so I go there a lot and up Mt. San Jacinto a lot during the summer. Let me know if you'd like to know of some places near LA, my bf lives there and so I've been finding more places there

Blah just kill me Scale has been up to 147 the past two days. 147 is like my high weight in this weight range. I've been staying within net calories as allotted by mfp, except yesterday I went a little over, but still wasn't over maintenance. If my weight doesn't drop by Friday I'm going to lower my calories. I've been eating 1500-1600 and have been losing slowly on that. I only want to lose .5lbs a week. This week I've been soooo freakin good and on plan and exercising. Sigh. I feel so gross, need to get this dumb weight off!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #234

Ugh scale still being psycho! Went up to 148 today and I'm so depressed and feel like such a fat whale. I readjusted my calories last night because I can't deal with this anymore, I need to just suck it up and get out of this decade already. So I dropped my calories by 100, am not eating back exercise calories, and am making sure to get 3 hours per week at least of exercise.
I'm planning on doing this for all of March as an experiment to see if it will get the scale moving downwards again.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #235

Freaking 145 again! I asked my dad for career advice and his only response was to lose weight. When I expressed my frustration to my mom, she backed up my dad and went on about how I'm fat. I have a date on Friday and I'm feeling so self conscious.

All of my weight went on quickly, I think mostly due to my health and it's been impossible to get off for the same reason. I'm eating between 1000-1200 calories a day (1400/1500 on a cheat day about once a week) and I'm not losing a pound.

I never had any physical intimacy with the last guy I dated because he brought up various things about my body constantly and made me feel awful. I have to listen to my parents endless judgement. I'm really wondering if I look much worse than I see in the mirror. To me I look like I've put on some weight, but from the comments I'm getting from my parents, aunts, uncles, ex-boyfriend etc... I'm wondering if I should be wearing a bag over my face. It also seems that they don't believe I have any value except my formerly great body (which I no longer have), since the career advice from everybody is to lose 30 pounds and get a husband. Quite amazing, since by the age of 23 I managed 30 employes for a multi-billion dollar company. Ugh!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #236

Soon2BSlender- I'm so sorry that your family is so negative and unsupportive, what they're are saying is just plain cruel. I know that must be so hard to be berated by them constantly like that. Family is supposed to be there for you and love you unconditionally, so that really is awful. And your ex sounds terrible. From all your posts you appear to be an intelligent and kind person. No one should have comments like that directed at them no matter what their size, and I'm sure are not that big anyways, bc seriously 145(as much as we hate it!) does not make you fat at all! That's so unfortunate those people are blinded by your weight gain to appreciate all the other wonder things you have to offer. Things that are so much more important than appearances. You should go on your date and get dressed up and forget the nonsense your family is telling you and enjoy yourself!

So weight down to 146. Got food poisoning last the other day and feeling sick and bloated today and yesterday. Tuesday had 1400 calls plus bootcamp exercise video for 20min. Yesterday had 1200 calls but no exercise(practiced for a bit over 4 hours, plus work, class, and lesson so didn't get home till 9:30). I really hope to get some exercise in today. I had a really rough day yesterday, lots going on My boyfriend though cheered me up by telling me he made arrangements for our anniversary dinner Sat He's taking me to some swanky hip vegan place in hollywood here's the website http://www.crossroadskitchen.com I'm definitely eyeing the artichoke oysters and heart of palm calamari I'm trying to decide what to wear…I'm thinking this sexy black romper I have maybe….

Last edited by Dottington : 02-27-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #237

Dottington, thank you for your kind words... I really needed them. My family places a lot of value on women's looks, and only one particular look. My mother was 93 pounds when my parents got married and that is the standard. I was really unhappy in my last relationship, but my parents encouraged me to stay. I finally ended it and I am so happy! I was much happier and healthier when I lived states away from my family and only saw them a few days a year. I moved back to California to be closer to my family and switched careers, I have been miserable since.

Anyway, what to wear on my date tomorrow? I don't feel like anything fits. I'm going to restrict my carbs today and tomorrow so that I'm not bloated.

Your anniversary dinner sounds lovely! The menu looks delicious, I'll have to check it out sometime. A black romper sounds very cute I'm glad your scale is finally going down a little. Hopefully your bloat goes down too.

Last edited by Soon2BSlender : 02-27-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #238

Oh Soon2BSlender, reading how your ex and family treat you makes me so sad! It's such a shame some people don't understand how to be kind, decent people. They should love you whether you're 90lb or 290lb! They should have been there to support you when you were unhappy in your relationship, not encouraged you to continue being unhappy. I'm so glad you ended it and you're happier! Luckily, it sounds like you're strong enough to know that their comments aren't true or helpful in any way, and tbh it's probably their own insecurities and dissatisfaction with their own lives that's caused them to treat you like this. You're obviously talented in so many ways, to have accomplished so much in your professional life at such a young age! Be proud! I know it's hard, but try to tell yourself that you're worth so much more, and the MOST important thing in your life is for you to be happy. If that means shaping up through some exercise or cutting down on the soda, so be it. But please remember to do things for yourself and not anybody else.

OK, rant over. What to wear on your date!? Do you have something that you've worn before that you're really comfortable in? I've got a couple of outfits I've worn loads of times that I know I feel confident in, even if I'm having a bit of a 'fat' day. I'm sure you know this, but watch your sodium intake too if you're worried about bloating. Where are you going? I hope he's a true gentleman and makes you feel special.

Dottington Sorry you're having a rough few days. Try not to get too hung up on the scales. I ate OK yesterday and had a crazy training session, then found I'd put on a pound this morning! It sounds like you're doing really well making healthy choices, and your brain's getting a super workout from practice and class and everything. Keep going, you got this . p.s. that restaurant looks amazing!

I'm a bit behind on tracking my food, I'm still slipping up every day but hopefully a bit less each time. I've had 1 and a half cookies today, they were sooo tasty! So I've tried to compensate by cutting out my afternoon snack, and I'll try and stick to a really healthy dinner later. I've been doing a weights program in the gym and there's only 2 days left, I don't really want to start it all over again, but I'd be lost without structure! I think I'll have a look for something similar, but a bit different to mix things up. I love weights but I have to have a plan or I get a bit lost.

Friday tomorrow, YAY!

Last edited by themilesawaygirl : 02-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
Oh Soon2BSlender,
OK, rant over. What to wear on your date!? Do you have something that you've worn before that you're really comfortable in? I've got a couple of outfits I've worn loads of times that I know I feel confident in, even if I'm having a bit of a 'fat' day. I'm sure you know this, but watch your sodium intake too if you're worried about bloating. Where are you going? I hope he's a true gentleman and makes you feel special.
I put on around 30 lbs in about 9 months and I'm only 5'2 so most of my wardrobe doesn't fit. I mostly wear jeggings, oversized sweaters, flats/boots, and my hair in a bun when I go to work. The last few months I've been bedridden with some health issues. I really don't have much of a dating wardrobe at my current weight. I need to break out of this funk! I know I'm not where I was, but I don't actually think I have a terrible body. I was a DD when I was 115, NOW my chest is ENORMOUS! I might just need to do some shopping and maybe make the difficult move to cut some people out of my life. The date is just somewhere casual for drinks. I've always been very good at dating (not to say everyone has always fallen for me, but I've always enjoyed myself) so I don't know why I'm so self-conscious. This guy is very successful and very into health. I feel out of practice.

Last edited by Soon2BSlender : 02-27-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BSlender View Post
I put on around 30 lbs in about 9 months and I'm only 5'2 so most of my wardrobe doesn't fit. I mostly wear jeggings, oversized sweaters, flats/boots, and my hair in a bun when I go to work. The last few months I've been bedridden with some health issues. I really don't have much of a dating wardrobe at my current weight. I need to break out of this funk! I know I'm not where I was, but I don't actually think I have a terrible body. I was a DD when I was 115, NOW my chest is ENORMOUS! I might just need to do some shopping and maybe make the difficult move to cut some people out of my life. The date is just somewhere casual for drinks. I've always been very good at dating (not to say everyone has always fallen for me, but I've always enjoyed myself) so I don't know why I'm so self-conscious. This guy is very successful and very into health. I feel out of practice.
OK, so if you're going somewhere casual you can wear your normal work gear, pick your favourite out of whatever fits at the moment. Maybe find some fancy shoes, fix your hair or paint your nails, something to make you feel good. It sounds like you've had to deal with a lot of negativity recently, on top of struggling with your health so I'm not surprised you're self-conscious! Takes a lot to shake that off and I think you're dealing with it really well, you're obviously a very strong person and I applaud you for your determination and resilience.

I'm sure once you get there you'll relax and enjoy yourself You might feel out of practice, but you're into health too! That's why we're here. So you can talk about your goals, getting back into hiking etc. I'm sure you'll have much more in common than you think! Have a great time, do let us know how it goes!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.