Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Atarimae-I feel like we are in the EXACT same place after this weekend. But we can do it and I know we will be done with these stupid high numbers after this week omg blogilates videos are so hard haha Great job on the squat challenge!

dehtripper I've been a vegetarian all my life(raised Seventh Day Adventist) and yeah I've never had issues with protein until going gf :/ Eggs have become my best friend basically haha Also got some high protein tofu, but all the gf subs don't taste as good/doesn't have the same amount of protein as gluten I just use an app on my phone to track. I wish I had a fitbit! I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to derby, but good for you for getting to the gym to run!

So was up late last night doing homework >_< Bleh didn't realize I had so much. Eating was great yesterday. I realized that I basically eat about 50-70% raw fruits and veggies now since going gf and am really happy about that! I feel so much more energized and healthy. Steps not so good-4500. I really tried too! But I did spend 3 hours practicing and I realized being a pianist is not very conducive to an active lifestyle haha Hope everyone is having a great day!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

That's pretty neat to have been raised veggie. I've only been veg for ~10 years, and my family is verrrrrrrry much full of carnivores. Are GF protein powders hard to find? The fitbit has been very much worth it thus far. Though I kinda wish I waited for the Force to come back in stock. Having something on my wrist is such a watch-tease.

Yay for homework eh. School has been quiet lately here, but I'm about to start a weekend teaching course which means I'll have limited homework again for the first time in years. Hmmm... it does seem like it would be hard to incorporate extra steps into piano rehearsal. Unleesssssss you moonlight as a marching key-tarist? jk
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #198  

Double post because today is my weekly weigh-in. Last week with TOM and too much naan I was at 154.8. Yup. BUT this morning I was back to 147.5 :O Thats 7.3lbs of crappy, bloaty regain gone
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #199  

Dehtripper-omg you're marching key-tarist remark had me cracking up! That would be amazing haha Yeah I just started thinking about finding a gf protein powder, would have to be dairy free too though. Hmmm. I would totally go out and buy some today, but I need to wait till I get paid, since for some reason those things are ridiculously expensive That's great that you have been a vegetarian despite your family being so carnivorous. What made you decide to go veggie? Yeah for getting rid of the bloat! Ok I thought I must be the only person who could easily jump up that much in water weight

So scale being dumb, holding at 146 the past two days. Really wanting to get back to 144 which has been my low every week since what feels like the dawn of time TOM is coming, cramps keep bugging me. I hate pre-TOM. Got in a little over 6000 steps so I'm really happy to be doing more walking!

Last edited by Dottington; 01-29-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #200  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I'm going to jump into this thread since I have 4 months left as a 20-something. I'm an elementary teacher, a military wife and a mom of two preschoolers. I got down to goal in 2011 and I regained almost 30 lbs last year, so here's to re-losing it and hopefully figuring out how to maintain! Ha

I calorie count and try to get to the gym most days before work (4:30 comes too early!)
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #201  

OhThePlaces - Welcome!!!! 4:30 should be a four-letter word. That is some awesome dedication.

Dottington - Protein powders are wayyyy to expensive. I bought my first quality vegan one recently solely because it was reduced from 69.99 to 2.99 (expiry date thing). But it still tastes awful unfortunately. I went veggie partially for ethics but mostly because I reallllllllllllly dislike meat. The only meats I remember semi-enjoying as a kid were processed crap. The texture irks me. Now its mainly for my dislike of the texture, paired with a bit of health and ethics (more so global warming vs welfare). Anyhow, I'm glad my bloat's over and I hope yours is too soon.

I've been down to 144 before, but 147 seems to be my current trend number. Here's to hitting new lows
Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

154 this week, getting closer to the 140's!
lulubellebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #203  

OhThePlaces- I calorie count too! Do you use myfitnesspal or another way to count?

dehtripper-yeah I remember once getting this vegan pea protein powder. It was the most disgusting thing in the world! haha I'll have to look around Clarks(the big health food chain store here). What kind of health food stores do you guys have where you live? I'm crossing my fingers that your whoosh is coming!

lulubelle-Look at you go!

So....I GOT MY WHOOSH!!!! Down to 143.2 today. Omg....the 30s are soooo freakin close I can't take it! I'm so excited!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #204  
I Will Because I Can

Thanks for the welcome!

4:30 definitely sucks, but I can't stand to miss anymore waking hours with my babies, so the only solution is to go when the rest of the house is still sleeping!

Dottington, I use MFP! I also use a Fitbit, which motivates me to move a lot more. Yay for a whoosh!!

I put vegan protein powder in my green smoothie everyday for lunch. The brand is Raw Protein. It tasted really chalky and awful in the beginning, but I'm used to it now. I only use half a scoop. There are 40 calories and 9 grams of protein in the half scoop.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #205  

OhThePlaces-You are so impressive with getting up at 4:30! Good for you That protein powder sounds intriguing....that's really low cal and a lot of protein! I drink a smoothie for breakfast every morning so I'll check it out when I go to the store this weekend. I might just get plain cheap soy powder though if the other powders are too pricey

Atarimae-How are you doing? How's the week been?

So there's a little drama surrounding my concert, and there has been since the beginning(competitions are always filled with drama). I'm trying not to let it get to me, but I'm sure it is. I've been stressed and a little depressed. Also have lost my appetite a bit, which is weird. Its like-nothing interests me right now except piano and getting this concert over with. Sigh.

Weight is still holding today at 143! Glad the whoosh lasted Steps are have been a little over 6000 each day.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #206  

dehtripper, Atarimae, OhThePlaces, Lulubelle How's your weekend going?

Grr. Mine's not going too well. Yesterday was my sister's nursing dedication and my sister and family decided to have it at the house me and my sister share. My sister hardly lives here though and is only here 3 days a week and only when she's in school. She doesn't really clean/maintain the house at all. I buy all housing supplies, food, ect. So I ended up doing the brunt of the cleaning/preparing/planning. My sister did help later on though. My mother who was trying to plan the whole thing and be in charge was totally useless. Like she said she was making deviled eggs and instead just dumped a bunch of not entirely cooked eggs into my fridge. So yeah, I have a lot of trouble saying no and just doing things for myself. I always want to make others happy and then I get depressed later about it. Its totally my fault and I kick myself every time I do it. And that was all of yesterday, just running around doing things for other people. And then I was like stuck in that mindset and my bf asked me where I wanted to go to dinner and I did the whole, "Oh it doesn't matter to me, what would you like?" thing when I actually did really care. Grr
And today my bf is going to spend all day working and I really want to go on a hike but he doesn't like hiking and he said we could go on a 10min walk(how is that even a compromise?) I hate how whenever he comes out here to see me, he just gives up on even trying. He just sits with his laptop, works, does his laundry, and occasionally asks me for food. Then he will come on errands with me and act miserable the entire time. But when I go to LA to see him, he's always excited to go places and in a really good mood.
Anyways. Sorry for the rant! hahaha But thanks for letting me vent, its hard because in real life I don't have many people who I can vent to. Weight is up, TOM started yesterday and yesterday was also my day off. So yeah, back up 3.6lbs Not letting it bother me though bc I know its water weight and my official weigh in is Friday and I've been doing great this week with diet and exercise.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #207  
I Will Because I Can

Dottington, sorry about your rough weekend! A 10 minute walk instead of a hike? Yeah, doesn't sound like much of a compromise to me! My husband would love nothing more than to hang around the house all weekend, and I'm the complete opposite... After working all week, I want to get out and have fun. Sometimes I end up just taking one of the kids out and about so that I don't have to convince him. I'm trying to compromise with him by staying home one day (working in the garden with him, around the house, or whatever) and then have him get out and go somewhere the other day. I totally get your frustration!

I had a good weekend... We went to dinner with friends and although I made good choices, I went a few hundred calories over. I kicked my own butt at the gym on Saturday morning and made up for the excess by staying under calories, despite making awesome turkey burgers on the grill.

I hit the gym first thing in the morning today, and ran around town shopping. Got a new lounge chair for our living room that I love, and stayed well within my calories.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #208  

OhThePlaces-Omg we sound so similar! I totally understand because all week its just school, work, home, homework, bed. On the weekends I want to go outside, go somewhere different then the places listed above. Even errands are exciting for me! lol I like your compromise idea of doing one home day and one outing day hmmm think I'll try that this weekend Great job staying within your calories for the most part and getting to the gym!

So phase 2 of the pyramid challenge has started. I did well with phase 1 and I actually think phase two will be easier. My nutrition goal is meal planning/prepping and I already did that for the week last night. And exercise is a hike once a week. I can only do the hike on the weekends though.

Weight keeps jumping everyday I'm on TOM. Back up to 147.2 Which is nuts since Friday and Thursday right before I was 143.2. As far as weekends go, eating wise I did REALLY well. Sat was my day off, so yeah went a little crazy(but not more then normal) and Sunday I did better then usual and Friday was great! So I know the weight on the scale is just from TOM since this was actually a much better weekend for me. I'm excited for TOM to be over and for my weight to go back to normal and see some losses again! Hopefully I will be back to normal by my official weigh in day on Friday.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I've been posting on the general 150's thread, but as I'm approaching 140's now I guess I'll mosey over here.

SW: 155
CW: 150.2
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #210  

underanalysis- Yay a new member of the 40s club!

So scale has leveled off at 147.2 with TOM. I hate it so much. Yesterday I was so freakin hungry, just craving sweets. Which is weird bc I'm not that into sweets and usually don't have trouble turning them down even. I know it was TOM making me crazy craving them and I tried all day to resist but totally gave in before bed last night and ate a bunch of junk All the sadness. Also forgot my 15min of exercise. I will not let one bad day get me down though! I'm going to work hard these next few days so I can have a decent weigh in on friday!