3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

Old 01-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #181
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Well, my weekly weigh-in is always on a Monday. Which...was not bright, given the Sunday I had.

My friends and I went on an amaaazing hike, in which I was way out of shape for! We then went walking around the tourist area for a bit and then proceeded to a burger joint for lunch! Which is great, considering I'm not calorie counting - I'm sugar counting! However, my problem was that I also decided since I had an outing, I counted Sunday as my "YOLO" night (which I hate the term, but I dub those my cheat nights). So on top of the horrendous calories I took in (Well, really over 1 1/2 meals since I only ate about half during lunch and half a few hours later + a small dinner a few hours after the half), I had a dessert. Yay, no sugar coating my bad night! I gained only about half a pound though, which is not bad at all...but again, before a weigh-in day...it put me back to 150.2! I was so excited to have the ticker read below 150 for the first time EVER, but it'll have to wait a week.

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm doing a late post, so a little lazy on the individual posts, I'm sorry!

G A L S ;
150 - "My license was not a lie!" (met: 2/3/14)
145 - "Normal? What's normal?" (met: 4/9/14 ; *MUST REDO* )
135 - "Not since freshman year of HS!"
125 - "It's middle school all over!"

Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #182

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Atarimae - Sorry about the gain on the scale. Thats one of the hard things about weekly weigh-ins eh. Though I'd try not to beat yourself up too much - minor set back right?

Dottington - Those museum looks/sounds fun! I feel like my inner Jurassic Park loving child would have a field day in that place. You look awesome by the way. It seems like GF is becoming a more popular option in restaurants even here in small-province Canada, which is cool. I'm not even GF, but even just finding mildly healthy vegetarian options (i.e. not just carbs) is a pain in the arse somedays. C'est la vie I guess. Oh and I'm totally down for a no-pants revolution.

I successfully made a huge pot of healthy dal + some naan, and packaged it up into portions for lunches the rest of the week. I find if I portion right away I'm less likely to sneak extras. Success.

NSV - I also finally accomplished a new skill last night at derby - one-footed transitions from front to backwards skating. booyaa!! Needs to be refined for sure, but its soooo satisfying to see progress.

dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #183

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Atarimae Omg totally feel you on the YOLO night :/ Hey .5lb really isn't a big deal at all though! Keep at it this week and by your next weigh in you will be well into the 40s again

dehtripper Great job portioning it all out! And also great work on the new derby trick This is probably a dumb question but...is it anything like ice skating? I used to be a figure skater so I've always wondered! I'm really lucky to be in Southern California when it comes to food options. I've gotten so spoiled with all the veggie, gf, vegan options I think I would starve anywhere else. I'm applying to one grad school out of state and I looked up the eating options in the area and there's like....nothing.

So weight is up 6.2lbs....yep. That's how good my eating this holiday weekend was Sunday and Monday really sucked. Especially the whole letting some gluten slip in. Even though it really wasn't a lot I had the crazy cravings yesterday and ate a bunch of crap. Obviously I didn't really gain any weight and its all water weight and I was really active Sunday blahblahblah but still...I REALLY need to get a grip on my YOLO weekend eating(stealing your phrase Atarimae). I did so well friday and Saturday and even kept it together most of Sunday, but yesterday was....awful. Well the one good thing is I've learned from this and I actually did log all my calories. Before on days I went off I would just not log into mfp at all, so I think making sure to add everything holds me more accountable and I will work on doing better this week!

Last edited by Dottington : 01-21-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #184
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi all,
I'm back into the gear of things. I'm only just getting back to my pre-holiday weight (I'm technically at 150 now.) Good luck with the tracking, Dot. I never track, minus some end of the day reflection. I don't want to have to. But being honest and accountable is important - good job atarimae.

Please msg me and ask what I'm up to!
MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/souvenirdarling
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #185
(they're flowers)

dehtripper ~ Thanks for the motivating response. I couldn't be too upset since even with that gain, I did lose overall for the week! Wow, great job on the portioning though! Sometimes I do get outta hand with that, and good job on making me crave some naan! *drools* Also congrats on the NSV! Roller derbying I assume? That looks SO fun. Well, roller skating in general, really. I haven't done that since I was in elementary school.

Dottington ~ Good gracious, water weight is the mind's worst enemy! I have the tendency to absorb it as the real deal and freak out sometimes! It's great you realized that you didn't actually make a real gain...although let's be real, I doubt you can actually gain that much over a weekend legitimately. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time!

souvenirdarling ~ Welcome back and congratulations on getting your weight back down! I'd never be able to do that on my own, so I commend you for that!

~~

Sooo, I'm a little up from yesterday again, which is still a loss from last week. Ugh I had this insatiable hunger yesterday, and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with my Sunday cheat! I asked my mom if adding refined sugars into my diet could have caused the hunger, or if it had anything to do with my..."carbier" meals that I had last night. I don't know what it was, but it just seemed like no matter what I ate, I just got hungry again. This was the first time I felt that all month, so I got a little nervous.

Of course, with that said, the gain I saw was small - 0.4lb to be exact. I also didn't listen to my stomach who kept roaring to me about how I don't feed it enough, because I know I did. I'm off to a slow start this week, but here's to a better result tomorrow!

G A L S ;

Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 AM   #186

Atarimae Hey you're still at a loss for the week and that's great! I totally feel your pain with that insatiable type of hunger, its the worst That's what happens to me if I have sweets or gluten. You could be sensitive to refined sugars and that could very likely be the cause. Hope you're feeling better today!

So weight is slowly coming down from after accidentally eating gluten over the weekend. I still can't believe that 6lb gain in one day, totally weird. Today I ate a bit more but I was super active. I hate how with school and work I really do need to eat more to feel alive. Like 1200 doesn't cut it when I'm running around campus, jumping up and down with children in lessons, and practicing piano all day. I try not to get too upset if I go over, but still, its annoying.

This is non weight loss related BUT I do have something exciting coming up In 4 weeks I'm soloing with my school's orchestra MacDowell's piano concerto no. 2 in d minor. Its the prize for getting 2nd in the concerto competition at my school. I admit I am nervous! But excited too That's why I was nearly totally gone from this site last fall is I was practicing and rehearsing so much for the competition I swore off all non essential computer activity(including leaving fb for a month!). So yeah, I'm hoping to lose a little weight by then so I look awesome on stage
Old 01-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #187

S/C/G: 203/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

157.5 this week
Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #188
(they're flowers)

Dottington ~ Yay, it's great to hear that the weight is slowly coming down! Thank you for your response regarding the whole sugar/gluten thing...I'm really starting to believe I had a tad too much sugar on Sunday, since I went back to the regular eating habits, only to not feel as deprived of food as before. I was getting worried! wow, congratulations on that opportunity! It's nice that you're so motivated to practice! My sister takes piano and trumpet lessons, but she hardly practices the piano. Shame, because that music is so much more soothing, lol!

lulubellebc ~ Congratulations on your weigh in!

~~

So, the scale who was not my friend earlier this week decided to make up with me today. 149.4, so back into the 140s I go! I hope this is the normal trend and I ALSO hope the scale isn't just being funky, since apparently my mom thinks it's acting up (or messing) with her. Regardless, I've been exercising and eating right, so I'd like to believe the results are due to that.

Anyway, a minor NSV literally just 10 minutes ago! My clothes shipment from this site, YesStyle came in! It's basically a site packed full of clothing geared toward fashion seen in Asia (namely Taiwan, China, Japan, Korea). Many of their clothing items are "one size fits all," which is something I honestly find humorous, given how tiny the stereotypical Asian is. I mean given I'm a good 30-40 lb heavier than a typical Asian at this height, I thought it was sheer mockery to label the clothing like that.

Anyway, before I placed this order, I tried on a few of my cousins' blouses, just because they told me it was "one size fits all." (Mind you, one cousin is 5'1" and barely 100 lbs and the other is a couple inches taller and probably no more than 5-10 lbs heavier than the 5'1" cousin!) Anyway, despite a few tops looking relatively weird or tight, they actually fit! So that night I made the order. :P

So fast forward to today. I got my order of six tops. Granted they didn't all fit exactly how I hoped, they all managed...to fit. In fact, all but one top actually looked good. I was in total shock, since I jokingly told my mother (while trying them on) that I hope at least one looks good.

Sooo yeah, despite the breakout that is occurring on my chin, I am in a very good mood today. Yay!

G A L S ;

Old 01-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #189

lulubellebc Great job!

Atarimae Yay for getting back into the 40s! That's so awesome about the tops! I look at clothing from Asian markets sometimes and its so cute I'm always afraid though to order anything because I feel like a giant amazon women compared to asian women and that I won't fit into anything I think clothing NSVs are the BEST.

So eating on plan has been good and the scale is still slowly working its way down. I went all the way up to 150.6(crazy since last friday I was 144.4) and now its back down to 147. I think TOM will be here next week though because my skin is breaking out and I've been having cramps. Lame. I've been making sure to drink lots of water to try and minimize bloating. I feel like I look slimmer though...people commented last week that I was looking thinner. Hopefully I will get a whoosh soon!!!

So excited for Reistrella's pyramid challenge starting on Monday! I've already been following the first week for eating for the most part so that it won't be too shocking when I start.

This weekend I only get my bf tonight and sat Still trying to decide what to do sunday. I have a bunch of recipes I need to make for the week. Also have some homework of course, and practicing as well. I really want to go hiking this weekend though. hmmm. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?
Old 01-25-2014, 03:45 AM   #190
(they're flowers)

Dottington ~ I'm glad that your weight is creeping back down! Though it is a lot scarier knowing there's another weekend looming ahead haha! The main thing is though that you feel slimmer, so the number on the scale isn't saying very much. Always good to hear those compliments! As for weekend plans, not really although I'm bringing in my clothes order to my cousin's since I'm staying over tomorrow night. They wanna see how everything looks, so I hope...it's not a disappointment to their eyes!

~~

Ah so today's morning was a change of pace. My mom and I ran some errands with my grandma, so I got ready at her house. Personally, I'm sure her scale weighs a little lighter, but the number was actually fun to see for once! 147.8! Yeah, I'm almost certain it wasn't real, but it still got me really excited. Today, like every Friday, is a Taco Bell night, so my Saturday morning weigh-ins scare the crap out of me! Better do some exercise tonight...even if it's nearly 11pm (and I'm waiting for my food! ACK!)

G A L S ;

Old 01-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #191

Atarimae Woah I just noticed you're location says Hawaii? That's so cool! And I'm totally jealous I'm sure you look lovely in your new tops and that your cousin will agree as well. Its always fun to see those lighter numbers haha I know my parents scale weighs me lighter too. In fact most people's scales tend to weigh me in lighter then my own. But I have this thing where I can only trust my own So did you have another good weigh in today?

dehtripper, how's your weekend going?

So scale is still coming down! Still can't believe how it jumped so much after that tiny bit of gluten :/ I was thinking about food allergies/sensitivities last night and realized that my great-grandmother had weird food allergies, my brother does, my mom does and who knows who else does....its just that most the people in my family with food allergies ignore them and eat the stuff even though it bothers them anyways. Hmmm. Today going to do some walking at the botanical gardens. Got a pedometer app and couldn't believe how little walking I did yesterday!!!! It was a non school day and I didn't need to go to the store or anything so yeah, it was pretty pathetic. I'm really going to try and get more active and log more steps today
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #192

Oh hey!! I've weekend was good but been in my own little world, thanks for asking dottington. I spent it relaxing and doing a bunch of cooking to make tasty healthy lunches for the week (homemade pita bread, falafel and tzatziki). I was actually thinking about your gluten-issues, b/c I made my own seitan for the first time, which is basically boiled straight-up gluten. Its such a great protein for me and makes me feel happy and full, but its amazing how many troubles other people have with it.

Actually, I'm super pumped because I've been completely on-plan for almost a week running now. I found this neat little web-app to build accountability for making/breaking habits. You pay 21$ up front and then earn back a dollar/day each time you make the goal (otherwise money is forfeited to a charity). Anyhow, apparently I'm cheap enough that loosing a dollar is enough to get back on track (thus far).

Lastly, California... Hawaii... count this Canadian cold and jealous all-round haha.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #193

dehtripper I like making my lunches in advance too I LOVED seiten before I realized I was gluten sensitive. I really do think if you can handle it, gluten is an amazing protein rich food source. Being a vegetarian, its extremely difficult to find any meat substitutes aside from tofu or nut/lentil loads. I have found one veggie pattie I like from Trader Joes though. Great job on staying on plan!!!! Its wonderful that site is helping you stay accountable.

So weight is up But not too surprised bc Sat wasn't good, Sunday was....meh. And I actually did a pretty good hike yesterday and TOM is around the corner so I know I'm retaining water. Today starts the goal challenge! I made my pyramid and hung it by my bed. This week my goal is to stay under 1600 cals 4 days a week and to get 15 min of exercise each day. Going to do a video in a bit here. So I did get 10000+ steps in yesterday which I'm super happy about. I'm making 10000 my goal each day this week. Once that becomes easy I want to aim for 12000 because I guess that's what's recommended for weight loss.

I'm so sick of this standstill and I hope this goal challenge finally gets the scale moving again. This is just like the summer....I was stuck between 152-156 from June till Sep. Now I've been stuck between 144-148 since the 1st of Nov.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #194
(they're flowers)

dehtripper ~ Oh man, I had to Google the foods you just mentioned...I kind of feel like how my friends feel when I say I'm craving spicy ahi poke. They give me the WHAT IS POKE?!? response. :P Glad that you found an app to work for you and good job on staying on plan! ...Unlike me!

Dottington ~ I feel your pain about TOM. That "friend" of mine decided to arrive a few days early so I'm not pleased. Best of luck with Rie's pyramid challenge! I will be lurking and cheering on the sidelines, but I didn't draw up a pyramid for myself.

~~

Ah, the weekend woes. I stayed over at my aunty's on Saturday night and indulge I did. Well, I mean. I still managed to avoid the sugars, but boy did I binge. The good thing though, is that since I avoided sugars, I'm not feeling forever hungry. I guess it's half a loss. With that said, my weight did bounce back up from below 150 to 150.4. Which is still not bad at all, but I really REALLY thought this would be the week!

TOM is also here, so I am hoping to see a whoosh in the very near future. I'd be pleased.

I also started doing the Blogilates 'Call Me Maybe' squat challenge daily. Let's see how long this lasts! I always yell at the screen out of frustration. Happy Monday everyone!

G A L S ;

Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #195

dottington - I think as a long time veggie, I've become like a protein pirate. Constantly in search for new easy protein sources. Even though its not realllllly that hard to get enough in (unless I'm trying to hit like 100g/day), I'm always sooooo aware of needing protein. I've been also eating greek yogurt like a fiend lately. I got a fitbit for Christmas and have been looking at my steps for the first time ever. I'm not really focusing on hitting the step goal just yet but its really neat to watch patterns. Annnd I love sleep tracking. What do you use to track steps?

Atarimae - Haha, ahi I get but I definitely had to google poke. Looks super refreshing! TOM... sucks. The big one. But, like you said, at least you have a potential whoosh to look forward to. Also - had t look up the Call me Maybe squat challenge. Pretty friggen fun haha. I've been thinking about my squat form a lot lately. I tend to be really wide with toes pointed out and can NOT squat deep at all with forward toes. A friend in the fitness field posted this neat article recently and its kind of a neat read about the bones behind squat form.

No derby last night due to ice, which was sad. But I did make it to the gym for a quick run at lunch. This cold just makes me want to sleep :/

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.