Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

Well. That wasn't pretty. I'll spare the details so I don't trigger anyone, but I just had a massive binge.

Moving on...
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #47  

Yay!!!!! I weighed in at 179.3 this morning! Now, off to eat breakfast and then to the gym! I can't tell you guys how relieving it is to finally be below 180. Honestly I've been struggling and last night I was looking at pictures of myself from my first year of college at Penn state. I looked fantastic! I was 140 pounds and having the time of my life. I don't know why I let myself slip back into this but the feeling when I saw that number drop? That's what did it for me. That's my motivation to stick to this and make it happen. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
SarahLynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #48  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Shelflife:
Swear loudly, curse the gods of overeating, then forgive yourself. We can't go through life tearing ourselves to **** over the slip-ups, because they are GOING TO HAPPEN. You could have eaten 8,000 extra binge calories, and it's still no big deal in the grand scheme of your journey. Buck up lady belle, and let's keep going.

Sarah:
Yaaaaay! So glad to see you drop below 180!!! And... I hear ya woman. I changed my phone's lock screen to an old goal picture of me posing in my undies. I look... amazeballs. Every time I turn on my phone, I see happy, healthy, smiling 143 lb Jess.

Stick to that motivation like glue, woman! Can't wait to see our numbers drop together!

As for me...
Argh! My achilles tendon is being a bit finicky today. I was going to go to spin class today, and skip TOMORROW's spin class... but it makes more sense to give it a rest today.
I'm not fond of the instructor for tomorrow's class. He spends the whole thing hollering at you about FORM, and LOOKING UP, and FOCUSING ON WHERE YOUR SHOULDERS ARE. It's great 'n all, and absolutely, you should have good form... but sometimes I just want to duck my head, close my eyes and focus on continuing to pedal through the pain without his militant voice in the background.

I was 177.6 this morning, down from 178.4. I'm pretty happy with that.

Have wonderful days, ladies!

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-30-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #49  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I've been hovering from 177.8-180 for what seems like FOREVER!!! I did restart P90X along with my girlfriend though so hopefully just the extra hardcore workout will bust me through this plateau! On that note today is Legs and Back which is my favorite and then ab ripper X which is NOT.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #50  
Queen Yo-yo

Hey Carter!
Your exercise stuff sounds mildly terrifying to me. Which is why I'm so certain it'll bust ya through this plateau. Keep us posted!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #51  

Carter,
I'm terrified of P90X! You're a good woman, because I wouldn't have the stones to do it.

Jelbb,
I'm so happy your numbers are coming down! Yay I'm glad you took the day off to rest your ankle, sounds like it needed it.

As for me, I went to the gym again today.... Can't remember the last time I went twice in a row. I'm really enjoying this. It was refreshing. Back to the daily grind of work tomorrow, we will see how it goes. Hoping those numbers keep on trending down
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #52  

Moved on from my binge and ate really clean and within my calories yesterday. So my last weigh-in for July was.... 171.4! That puts my loss at 6.8lbs since July 7, which I'm totally happy with. I'm going to shoot for 164.8 (7lbs) for August; looking forward to breaking back into the 160s!

Off to the gym!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 170/168.6/140

Alright, I'm in! I had been going back and forth on whether I should join a "post almost everyday" thread like this (it's so much easier to just pop in and out), but everyone here seems really supportive and nice. I've been going between 169-171 for a few days. I started out doing really well at getting in my daily exercise, but this week I've been feeling burned out. I'm trying to figure out what needs to change--do I need more sleep, or more calories, or more calories before the work out?... Trial and error to the rescue!!
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #54  
Queen Yo-yo

Sarah:
Kudos on the first couple of days in a row! It only takes a few trips to start the habit forming...! And I can't wait to see those numbers meltin' off ya!

banana:
Welcome!!! You've totally come to the right place. It definitely makes a difference for me to have the support here. Nice to have someone you can tell about your successes and your setbacks.
What is it about lunch at work that derails you? Do people go out for lunch a lot? Do they order in?
Check in again soon!

Shelflife:
WHATTAP! Looks like a lil' binge/shock-to-the-system might have helped to kick-start the weight movement! Good for you for eating really well and on-plan the day after! The scale is clearly lovin' it!

Lollerskates:
Yaaaaaay, welcome!!!!
Hmmm. Well, I know this is sorta a post-every-day kind of thread because a couple of us obsessively post every day... but you don't HAVE to! That being said, it is super-duper motivating. Like I said to banana...it's great to have some people to celebrate your successes... or help pick you back up after a setback!

In terms of your working out... what are you doing every day? Sometimes I think people start exercising a little TOO intensely for long-term sustainability. Don't get me wrong, it's GREAT to be able to work out every single day, but if you do it so much that you get burned out, and you eventually stop going point-blank... well. Was it worth it? Or might it have been a litttle better to comfortably fit in 3-4 hour-long workouts a week for the long-haul?

All that being said, everyone's different! Maybe you love the hardcore every day! In my experience, I tend to get burnt out after 3 spin classes, 3 days in a row. By the fourth day, the instructor tells us to stand, and I want to laugh in his face. Unfortunately, by the fourth day, I can't breathe anymore, so I just cough, gasp and towel the sweat off my face.

As for me...
Arf! Today started off with a nice weigh in of 177.2 down from 177.6--- the lowest number I've seen since I re-started the weight loss journey! However, today hasn't gone EXACTLY according to plan so far.

I ate four oreos, and got so much imperative work dumped on my lap that I didn't have time to go to my spin class, or even go walk to get my own lunch. The secretary grabbed me a sandwich since I was chained to my desk and ripping my hair out. It's made me very aware that I haven't moved nearly as much today as I had intended to.

I WILL go tomorrow at lunch... and despite the fact that I have Friday off of work, I could still walk down to take the lunch class as well... 3 classes for the week isn't so bad! ...it's probably better to rest my ankle anyhow. I have achilles tendonitis that's kicking up a fuss this week...!

OH, also, I started wearing my Jawbone UP again. It's like a Nike Fuel band, but slightly cuter... and more informative. It counts your steps, vibrates when you've been sitting still for an hour, tracks your sleep (and guages when you're in your lightest stage of sleep so it wakes you up when you're naturally already closer to awake) and functions as a silent, vibrating wake-up alarm on your wrist. Gonna start trying to make sure I get in my 10,000 steps a day. Turns out my half hour walk to work is almost 4,000 steps by itself, which bodes well for makin' those 10,000 steps!

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-31-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #55  

Weighed in at 166.9 this morning. I wish I had started running years ago!
RoseTintedCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Sigh here I am nursing another beer with a Veggie Indian Cookbook at my side such a bummer. I keep telling myself I need the right food to have energy to go to the gym and keep talking myself out of it.

Anyone else have that issue?

Last edited by PostWeddingsmallsize; 08-01-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: misspell
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #57  

179.5 this morning. I'm pinning the sight rise on the fact that I didn't drink enough water yesterday. Time to keep hydrated today!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! This morning I weighed in at 162.2, which is the smallest I've been in months! I gained about 10 pounds this past year, my freshman year of college. Since early this summer I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds a couple of times, and this time I'm really hoping it stays off. The next few weeks are going to be a challenge though. My birthday is this week, and I know I won't feel like tediously counting WW points that day. And then the week after, I'm going to be in California for a week (I'm from Maine, so Cali is a pretty big deal!) There are a few places where I will want to treat myself a little and not be a stickler about counting points And then a week after THAT, I'm going back to college. I just hope that back at school I am able to make better choices than I did last year. I know the occasional treat isn't a bad thing, but it's hard when all your friends make poor eating choices all the time. Hopefully I keep my determination up this year!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #59  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

You ladies are all doing AMAZING!!!! I weighed in at 178.8 with TOM approaching and thats actually 2lbs down from being up again 2 days ago.....so there is always that. I didn't do my workout yesterday so I guess Kenpo X it is today
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #60  

Wow if there was just one more day in July, I would have essentially made my end of july (July 32nd ) goal. Weighed in at 170.2 today -- great start to August! I'm sleep deprived today. I enjoyed myself on Ancestry a little too much last night, and found myself still awake at 5am, so it's a coffee kind of day. Hopefully I can catch a nap when I get home from work to recharge enough for a workout.

Jelbb: Very nice drop. You're kicking @ss! I've seen the jawbone bracelets, nearly bought one, but I feel like I'd suck at wearing it. I actually have a fitbit lost in a drawer somewhere.

Postwedding: I often find my brain trying to come up with any excuse not to go to the gym. The best solution is to not over think it, and, to sound completely like a Nike ad, Just Do It (TM).

SarahLynn: You've reminded to go fill my water bottle. Cheers to hydration!

Goldengirl: Happy birthweek, and congrats on your loss so far!

carter: Enjoy Kenpo X today! You're doing amazing! 68lbs lost is incredible! Try to pamper yourself a little with TOM