My name is Avalon I am 23 years old and have decided to join an online community for support and tracking of my (hopeful) progress. I have just weighed myself for the first time in 6 months and have found that I have gained 41 pounds or 19 kilos.
I guess we all have a story as how we came to be overweight. I used to be the weight I currently am around 2 years ago, I put in so much effort, got down to 130 pounds and went on a working holiday, I then came back and went again as I met a man who I was madly in love with, young and na´ve it didn't work out for us and he dumped me while I was holidaying in Greece, I came home and then the drinking started. I simply could not handle the pain and every night it was at least 1-2 bottles of wine and then binging on junk food.
As soon as the weight started to pile on I started withdrawing socially and eating and drinking more. I was too depressed to go to the gym. After I recovered and learnt to care for myself I met my current partner. I now live with him (caused further weight gain) and here I am! Looking to get back to how I was for many reasons. Them being:
- I have to wear stockings or loose pants 24/7 as hate the way my thighs rub
- I cannot fit into any of my old clothes
- I have a lovely face but it is now covered in the evidence of too many veggie burgers
- I miss being able to chuck on a dress and just go out instead of spending time trying to find the outfit I look least boombah in
- I want to be able to swim again and enjoy normal activities
- I avoid cameras like the plague and get extremely upset if anyone even tries to take a photo of me I can't control the anxiety that comes on from it
- I just want to feel free, light and not like I am trapped in a prison
- I avoid going out to social gatherings as I am ashamed of my weight gain
Things that could hinder my progress:
- having a boyfriend who eats at least three dinners and massive amounts of chocolates
- hot chips
- Unsupportive friends who obviously would prefer if I resembled a rhino on nights out
That's not many things actually
I hope to get down to 130 pounds by September, that's one kilo a week (we use kilos in Australia) through eating 1200-1500 calories a day and running/hiking at least 5 times a week.
I wish all of you girls success in this, support is always needed on this journey
Sorry about the rant, I just wanted to get it all out on paper (screen)