Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Eating out...and parties...

Any tips on dining out? Especially when going out with non dieting friends who want the free rolls and chips... It's not the best time for me to be going out for dinner..the smart thing would be not to, at least not before I've hit ketosis, I just started Medifast yesterday, and it's kind of a no-cheating-allowed plan,..especially the first 3 days. But my friend is in from out of town and he will only be in the area today and tomorrow. Every time I've dieted in the past, dining out has been my failure, so I'm nervous to go out.

Along with two family parties this weekend...perhaps I've picked a bad week to start, but unlike weightwatchers which I've done in the past, I can't really just get off medifast and get back on.

How do you successfully handle social situations like that without pigging out?
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I work in PR therefore I have a really busy social life, plus my friends and family are all major foodies so I'm constantly surrounded by food. My advice would be: check the menu to see if there's anything you can eat, like for example if the chicken comes in a cream sauce ask them to give it to you plain. Also ignore the fries or potatoes and ask for extra veggies or salad instead.

Ignore starters, fill up on veggies during the main and then while everyone else has dessert order a mint tea or a coffee and add some stevia or sweetener to it. That's what I do.

It's hard at the beginning, the first time I went out for a party after I went paleo I was pissed off at not being able to eat or drink anything. Now when I look back, and I've seen the changes this new lifestyle has brought with it, I think "Yes, I did it and I can do it!" Good luck hun xx
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #3  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

Don't eat before you go! Some people rely on this, but I just want to eat again. I'm a vegetarian and I live in Georgia, so I'm used to not having anything if it comes to it or relying on salads. Before you go out plan on what you'll order that way you won't make hasty decisions. Don't be afraid to order what you want. If you don't want croutons on your salad, then ask for it that way. If you want it grilled with no sauce, that's how you should get it!
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks ladies. I think I did pretty good yesterday. I talked them into a family restaurant instead of something ethnic and I had a chicken breast salad with fat free French on the side, and hot tea. I was even only a little jealous of their soup! My salad was delicious and I didn't feel overstuffed afterward like I normally do I'll have to remember to check on how they cook the chicken next time though, because it looked a little greasy

I've tried the eat before you go thing too, in the past, and it only made me eat two meals.

Now I just have to get through two parties, but you are right, I have been debating even going but I think I need to just to prove that I can.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

WILL POWAAAHHH! I too suffer from over nibbling and over ordering. But honestly, it's just about having the mental strength to know better and say NO! I've been trying to stop when I'm full and eat slowly and really chew my food so I'll feel full quicker. I go to a lot of bars where they serve food that is shared, so I have had to build up a strong resistance to not eat whatever is in front of me. It does work if you stay focused!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote