Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*VOTE NOW for your ULTIMATE Workout Song!! Everyone welcome!*~

Welcome to the 3FC Workout Song Contest!

Anyone can vote and take part in discussion!! So please come on in and make yourself comfortable. But not really, get up and WORKOUT to these mad beatz.

VOTING HAS BEGUN! Here is a list of the active voting threads:The status of the bracket can be viewed --->HERE<---

Here are ze RULES:
  • Be open minded! Don’t judge a song by singer/group/band or the video that is linked. This isn’t a “which is the better song” contest – this is a best WORKOUT song contest! So vote for the song that you think will keep you going; what song would motivate you when you feel like dying in a heap of your own sweat and tears wishing sweet death will relieve your self-inflicted pain? Even if you don’t usually listen to heavy metal, but you can’t deny how the guitar riffs and pounding drums would keep you moving – vote for it!
  • Please listen to ALL of the song. Give each song a chance to sink in and really think about it as a workout song. Polls will be open for 3 days at a time so you can always come back a few days later if you can’t make your mind up straight away.
  • Don’t post in the voting threads – post discussion right here!

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of the brackets and the songs you voted for. Please tell us what song you voted for and why. I know people can get passionate about music, so let’s try and not let it get personal if your song isn’t winning.

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-31-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

I'm pretty excited to add some new songs to my workouts! I just joined a 30 day squat challenge, and my plan is to listen to some new songs from this list every day while I do them
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #3  

Wow, this is EPIC! Can't wait to get started
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Voting is now open!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Bracket A:
Haha, the Buddy Jewel song made me chuckle! My co-worker is from the south of America so I'm very aware of the phrase "roll tide" so hearing it in a song was hilarious. The MuteMath song reminds me of Uni, and has a great drum beat and upbeat vibe. Purely for the contest my vote went with MuteMath because I could see myself running to it, although I do appreciate how Buddy Jewel could be nostalgiac!

Bracket B:
Oh man, this one was a tough decision! Ones more of a "heck yeah I'm sexy!" and the other is more "LET'S DO THIS!" I think purely on the length and the consistency of the beat I'm going to go for Usher, but I do REALLY like both songs as workout songs. But when I'm running and a long song slows down it can mess up my pace a bit, which is why Rob D just lost out to Usher. Yeah also has a lot of awesome memories attached to it when I was young (totally know the Ludacris rap by heart).

Bracket D:
Now this one was TOUGH! I really like Florence + The Machine and I really like me some metal too for my workouts. I never considered Dog Days Are Over as a workout song, but after listening to it with that mindset I can imagine it to be a really epic workout song. It builds up really nicely and has that great clapping beat to keep the pace up. Cage The Beast is an awesome song, one I'd never heard before. I really like the lyrics - I know how epic I'd feel running to this hear "you can't cage the beast!" My gut is telling me to vote for Adelitas Way so that's the one I pick!

Bracket T:
What different genres! Both of which I am partial to ;p. I went for BigBang because it had so many awesome cheesy epic pop moments in it BOOM SHACKALAKA.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #6  

Bracket A:
I generally listen to either of these songs as a workout song, but I could definitely see Typical getting me going. I think it'd be a good song to do heavy lifting to

Bracket B:
Haha I haven't heard Yeah in so long! Oh middle school memories. I would have picked that one, but I chose the other song because I watched the video in their reason for nomination. Inspiring! Keeping that in mind, I can definitely see how it'd be a good workout song.

Bracket D:
No contest here, I love Florence, but Cage the Beast kicks some serious EDIT: oops. butt? hahaha

Bracket T:
So I thought for sure I'd pick Godsmack, but that BigBang song is super catchy, and definitely sounds like something you'd hear playing in a gym or a dance club or something. Surprising vote for Fantastic Baby!

Last edited by thinkfit; 04-17-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkfit View Post

Bracket B:
Haha I haven't heard Yeah in so long! Oh middle school memories.
It made me a bit sad that this song was released 9 years ago ;_;.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
It made me a bit sad that this song was released 9 years ago ;_;.
Right?! I can't even believe it. I remember once in maybe eigth grade we had to do dance routines in gym (so weird looking back haha)) and this was our song. Makes me feel old!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkfit View Post
Right?! I can't even believe it. I remember once in maybe eigth grade we had to do dance routines in gym (so weird looking back haha)) and this was our song. Makes me feel old!
Haha, we used to do a Usher mexican wave, where a bunch of people would just whisper "Usher" and it would go on forever. Good times!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9.5

Bracket A:
Definitely Typical...the other song is wayyy to slow for me, it's a calming song....I can picture it playing in the background of a movie like Sweet Home Alabama

Bracket B:
So I'm not really a fan of Usher (I do like a select few songs though---but this song isn't one of them). However, I am going to pick this song (Yeah). I think Clubbed to Death sounds a lottttt better than Yeah, but I really cannot listen to the same beat in an instrumental for more than 3.5 minutes.

Bracket D:
So I picked Cage the Beast. I reallly like this song and I can picture myself going hard during my workouts. The other song is a bit too slow, sorry.

Bracket T:
Never really listened to K-Pop before, but have to say this is definitely a good choice Kawaii!!! Fantastic Baby it is! Super upbeat, love it! Whiskey Hangover is good too, but I can see myself listening to it with my bro in the car, but that's about it lol
cat eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so happy y'all loved Fantastic Baby! <3

oh man, that Usher song is a throwback for me too! I iz old.... T_T
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #12  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkate83 View Post
I'm pretty excited to add some new songs to my workouts! I just joined a 30 day squat challenge, and my plan is to listen to some new songs from this list every day while I do them
Ok...I think I saw that squat challenge on Instagram...I'm going to start today.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

What's the end result of this squat challenge? Is it just to prove you're a badass?!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #14  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

New polls have been added!! Keep up the voting and please keep telling us your reasons! It's really interesting to read =)
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #15  

Bracket V:
I love love love Foster the People so I might be a little bit biased, but Don’t Stop is a really great song and I could see myself working out to it.

Bracket U:
Stronger, 100%! Can’t believe I forgot about that one. A serious get up and dominate it song for sure.

Bracket F:
Weirdly enough, this was actually really tough for me. When I was trying to choose my four songs, Till I Collapse just barely missed the cut. Still, I’m gonna have to stick to my guns here and go with Weightless.

Bracket E:
In general, I’d definitely choose Shinedown as the better song. However, since you specified this isn’t about which song is better in general but a better workout song, I went with the other one. It might seem silly, but you can’t deny it’s got oomph haha.