Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #16  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Applebees has a really good low-cal menu now. I love the Roasted Garlic Sirloin Meal. It comes with a sirloin steak, roasted potatoes, and a spinach stuffed portabella. Its about 450 calories and absolutely delicious.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-09-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #17  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

a few weeks ago I tried vegetable lasagna primavera with grilled chicken (lunch portion)...yummmmmm. It was a new addition on their light menu, I think. I believe it was about 500 calories (can't remember for sure, but it was fairly low calorie)
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #18  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyford View Post
I wish I ate salad... not a big salad fan over here. Everyone else talks about how awesome it is for weight loss, but I hate veggies and salad. Although I'm going to try to open my horizons some... but I'm taking baby steps. I know myself and if I try to change my entire eating habits overnight, I will just quit.
I'm not a huge fan of veggies either...they are so bland but I've done a lot of experimenting and now I eat a salad almost everyday. I've found that I like spinach and arugula much more than iceburg - and it's much better for you. I used salsa instead of salad dressing and mix in black beans and mexican corn. I'll use strawberries and mandarine oranges with a light rasberry vinegrette. And this is an acquired taste and it took me awhile to get used to it but hummas is a really good alternative to veggies dip for vegtables. I just had to try different things until I found things I really like to eat.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #19  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Aside from plenty of the "Crapblees" comments among my crowd, I'm a huge fan of Applebee's under 550 menu. Hubby loves going there so it's a great compromise. I've never had a bad item on that menu. My favorite was the jalapeno lime shrimp but my local one doesn't have it on the menu anymore. I really love garlic sirlon with shrimp! YUMMY! My ideal meal is some shrimp, steak or chicken with a side of veggies and a bit of potato so it's always our go-to.

I also love Ruby Tuesday's. I can't remember what I usually get there, but you can get a nice chicken breast or sirloin with a side of really great veggies !!!!

P.S. it's Asiago Peppercorn Sirloin at Ruby Tuesday's that I love. 381 calories, pick veggies for sides.

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 04-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote