Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/167/130

Height: 5'7

I feel you "bro". you will get through this. Don't give in to mood eating, do exactly the opposite. The better your diet the better you will feel about yourself! I really admire your ability to put yourself out there on here.

I've lost ten pounds since my bf and I broke up. That to me is something better than having a bf at all right now. Also remember that the new gf is not actually perfect. Her and your ex have insecurities just like you and now you don't have to deal with his.

You've got some great accomplishments under your belt literally and figuratively. Now go strut your stuff in a world full of people that would love to get to know you.
NetherfieldNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii I love Criminal Minds. It's the only crime show I watch. OMG Matthew Gray Gubler... drool.

QB Thanks for the idea! A picnic lunch could be a good thing, and the dessert splurge sounds good too. Man I wish we had a dog park round me, I love the idea of going and looking at dogs - though I guess since I don't have a dog I'd probably look a bit creepy haha. It's good you are doing things for you. I know when I feel crap I like to do something nice for myself like get a massage or a manicure or even just have a bath.

~Bleurgh. Weight coming down again after the weekend, as usual. Our new housemates ... I feel like they don't like me much. I don't know. I've never lived with strangers before. Like the guy cooked while I was cooking, and we chatted a bit, and then he and the girl (they're a couple) ate their dinner in the living room...and then they just went to their bedroom for the rest of the night. It was only around 7.30 or maybe earlier. I felt weird, like maybe I'd made them somehow feel like they couldn't hang out in the living area or use the TV? I never said anything about it, but it's their home too... I want them to feel comfortable.

Hopefully it's just a sort of first few days kind of thing. I didn't think I'd mind "room-dwellers" but it bugged me last night, especially as my boyfriend wasn't home so I just felt odd and like I shouldn't use the TV either since it would seem like I was taking over. I don't know. This all probably sounds a bit neurotic!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #33  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been gone for a while. My boyfriend has been spending more time with me in the last week so I've been not been online as much. I hate to say it, but having him around really throws me off my groove! I almost feel like I need my week days to myself so I can be focused and be on plan with healthy food and workouts. I let myself get lazy around him because we end up just having fun and lazying around and I never feel motivated to work out.

But anyway, the anniversary of my friends death was pretty tough. But I got through the day with no break downs so that's a bonus!

I need to learn to be better even if my boyfriend is around. I can't let him throw me off my grove. And I need to make much better decisions when I'm out in the day time. I tend to just eat anything I feel like and it all adds up. Like rainbow, I need to stop sabotaging my progress on the weekend!!

----

rainbow - I think sometimes calorie counting with bad food can make you realise that you literally can only have a tiny amount before you are at your limit. It's much better to eat a LOT of healthy food than 2 thin pizza slices, no? Something I need to keep in mind too!

QB - Sorry about the sorta-break up with your kinda-boyfriend. I'm not trying to patronise you when I say that!! Personally I could never have a casual relationship with someone...I'm such a big softy! I hope you're ok!!

kawaii - The boyfriend is currently trying to do Insanity but feels like his apartment is too small! Personally I think you can do your best to adapt the moves. You won't get the full range of motion but you will definitely work up a sweat. Insanity is TOUGH but it's not like this impossible workout video. I did it at 170 lbs and got down to the 150's on it so it's worth it!
Sounds like you had an awesome moment in the Hub! I've never been in one, I do feel awkward going into the gaijin places, I feel like announcing that I do go to Japanese places too if I go into one! But glad you had a great ego boosting moment, you deserve it pretty lady!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Netherfield Sorry about you and your boyfriend. Thank you for the compliment on putting myself out there (on here). I don't like to give too many details because it is, after all, the internet. But....sometimes you just need to vent!

rainbow Ha yes. At first, before I found my friends, I felt very strange wandering around the dog park without a dog.
That's tough about the new roommates. Maybe they're just trying to figure things out? They might have been thinking same as you -- they didn't want to hog the living room?

Rie The first time I read what you wrote, I'll admit -- it stung a little. But then I re-read it as I was writing my personals and laughed. Because that's what it was. A sorta-breakup with my kinda-boyfriend.
I'm slowly doing better. It's still really hard....but I'll get there.

Don't let your boyfriend make you a slacker!

Is it the weekend yet? :-P I really wanted to stay home from work today. Haha At least I got some retail therapy in. Bought a ring, some earrings, and a t-shirt for this weekend's festivities.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #35  

Rie At least you know you're being thrown off your groove haha. Is there anyway you can still get in your workouts when you're hanging out with your bf? Change up the time of day you do them? Good luck figuring it out! Yup, I know you're right about calories with bad foods, but sometimes there just isn't a choice haha. And there is a point I get to where I get so full with veges and stuff and still need a boost. My weekdays are so good, it's just the weekends that kill me.

QB Oh man retail therapy...I am so bad with shopping. I went out on the weekend to get a skirt, and only a skirt, because I'd seen it in the store when I was there with my sister and it's a great staple item. So I got it and then before I knew it, I was leaving the mall with a purple lurex cat print sweater. OH man. I also feel you on wanting to stay home. It's only Wednesday here but I'm exhausted this week - I feel like I've already worked a full five days!

~This whole weight pattern is sort of amusing, after the weekend I seem to drop like 300gm per day, until I put it all on again over the weekend. This week I'm going to see if I can keep up the pattern - though I know this weekend is possibly not the best weekend to see it continue.

I'm still keeping up the running, and it's become a great routine for me now - though we have had a really hot streak of weather come through, so my 5.30pm runs are SO HOT. Like literally sweat dripping off me. Guess that can only be good though?

Housemate situation seems to be improving, I guess it's just us all getting used to each other and them getting used to a new house. I showed them how to work our computer tv last night - we don't have actual channels, just a computer hooked up via HDMI cable to our TV screen so we can stream/watch downloaded stuff. So they weren't in their room all night which made me happy
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

QB: i'm the same after a break-up... can't eat a thing... hang in there though!! and good luck with the big cheat day! though it sounds like it's gonna be fun and you hanging out with friends will be good for you!

Rainbow: I love Criminal Minds too! <3 I dunno the names of the actors though... but i love Dr. Reid! he is so cute and quirky! and it's totally a character crush, not the actor! lol. but most of the characters on that show are really good... too bad about the new housemates... but don't feel bad, some people are just antisocial... i can be like that too! haha...

Rie: good on you on being good on the anniversary! it must be hard... and good luck on being good on weekends! lol. yeah, i really tend to avoid those gaijin places... i feel like even if you meet japanese people there, they're just like "i wanna practice my english!!!" lol. this is why i usually avoid Roppongi The Hub wasn't bad though. and the drinks were cheap! i'd definitely go again.

urgh, you guys, i am so cranky this morning.... -_- i stepped on the scale and i was totally expecting a drop... instead i am like one kilo up... wtf?!?! yesterday bf came over, but i was quite good!!! the only "cheats" i had were a few glasses of white wine, and one enormous latte (but just a regular one, no sugary syrup or anything) so what gives?!

today is also my rest day from Body Revolution, but i think i'm gonna go to the gym since i haven't been in ages. i am seriously so cranky. on top of it all, after i mailed the bf to complain about it, he mailed me back that he "failed" his TOEFL test. he needs to get 80 to be able to go on his study abroad, and he got 75. honestly, i don't understand because his english is SO good. i mean, he understands everything i say and we talk everyday ffs!!! stupid japanese people and their devotion to paper tests. gah. so now he has to take it again.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #37  

Kawaii Matthew Gray Gubler/Dr. Reid are one in the same haha - oh man I love him! Gubler himself is pretty quirky, I follow him on Twitter/Facebook haha. Re the housemates - I am totally antisocial a lot of the time as well. Things have improved, aside from me getting annoyed in my mind about lots of little things like... putting massive dishes in the dishwasher that take up the same amount of space as 12 plates...leaving the box of bandaids out on the bathroom counter...oh my god I am NEUROTIC. Hah! Sorry to hear about you being cranky...same here today! I hope your BF does better on the test, that sucks.

~Weight still going down in little increments each day this week, it's allllll good. I feel like I have the weeks TOTALLY down. Running, eating well, it's all good. I am grumpy today however, no real reason for it, just feeling really agitated. Sometimes I get like this. Just everything seems slightly off. I don't feel like working at all either haha. But I must.

I am also frustrated because I ordered a dress online (well actually my bf paid for it for me) on the 26th of Feb...and it said it would be delivered by 6th March...and it still hasn't arrived!! When I contacted their customer service department, they said I had to wait until 18th March until they could do anything or consider it missing - SO FREAKING ANNOYING! If that's their extended delivery date, why not say 18th in the first place rather than 6th? I really wanted to wear the dress this weekend It has a cat face on it!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #38  

rainbow That's great news that the house situation seems to be improving. Just give it time. People have to adjust to each other.
That is really, really frustrating about the dress though! Hopefully it arrives soon.

Kawaii I'm hoping it'll be fun. And distracting. Though right now there's a chance of rain...which will dampen things considerably. and ruin some of the fun.
That's a shame about your boyfriend's test...boo. Does he have to wait a certain length of time before taking it again?

I...don't really have much to report today. I ate a little. Kept food in my system. Actually, I woke up and desperately wanted some ginger ale. So I threw on some clothes so that I could go to the store (took a sick day from work). Then bummed around, trying to distract myself.

Took a test yesterday and did really well on it. So that's a bit of good news. The down side being that I immediately wanted to text him...because that's what I'd always do. *sad trombone music*
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #39  

QB Yup, dress not being here is frustrating, but I suppose it's a minor problem in the grand scheme of things. Congrats on your good test score!! I hope you are feeling a bit better. Man I love ginger ale sometimes, but other time it just reminds me of being sick. Do you have someone else you can text positive news to?

~No drop in my weight today, same as yesterday. I am freaking out over the weekend. My boyfriend and I had a quick chat this morning where we talked about how I obsess over food so much and worry about what events are coming up and I said it was unfair that there are so many people who just eat whatever or drink whatever and don't have to worry.
He said that it's because I'm constantly dieting (to which I had to remind him it's not a diet, it's calorie counting normal food) and then he also went on to say that maybe my metabolism is just crap. To which I retorted, like a child, how unfair it was that I have to think about EVERYTHING I put into my mouth.

It seriously gets me so down sometimes that I have to worry about this. I know I'm probably healthier/more aware of what I'm eating because I have to think about it all, but being carefree sometimes just seems like it would make life a whole lot more fun.

Bleurgh.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #40  

rainbow I typically only drink ginger ale when my stomach is upset. Same with Sprite. It was very funny to me to get that specific craving. Actually, I wanted it in a cup, with ice, and a straw. Just like when I was younger and sick. I do have other people I can text....so I'm trying to do that.
Aww...rainbow! I just noticed you're a shorty like me. Yes, it is endlessly unfair how little we're allowed to eat before it shows up in our weight. I get really down about that too sometimes. But there's only so much you can change so....I try not to let it get to me too much.

Got my jewelry today! I had no idea the earrings were going to be so long. They're chandelier earrings....but wowza. They might be too heavy for the festival this weekend. But that's okay, they're still pretty and I'll wear them somewhere else. The ring is perfect.

The weather forecast is far from perfect. 70% chance of rain on Saturday! Nooooooo!! The festival will go on rain or shine, but I can't imagine I'll stay long at a freezing cold festival in the rain.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #41  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone! I am jumping in mid month. Trying to get to 169 by the month's end. Lofty but setting the bar high helps push me. I am calorie counting and running. weight loss doesn't come easy to me and every day is a struggle. I am such a carby. so I need lots of encouragement and kicking in the butt
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #42  

QB I think it's the only thing I really dislike about being short - that there is less of me so fat is rather obvious! Just a couple of inches and I feel like everything would be a little more spread out and better looking haha. I hope the weather stays ok for your festival and that you have a great time.

sun I think you can make your goal! My initial goal for the end of March was to get to around 134 - and that is TOTALLY not going to happen haha. I would still like to see 138..or at least get out of the 140s!! Just responding here rather than the other thread - it's good to see you! Running is just making me feel so good, even if I'm still not quite seeing the weight loss goals I'd like, I also lost an inch of my waist in the past few weeks so it's all good!

~Today is the day, five years with my boyfriend! He's in bed still; I just came back from my 7.3km run. I was annoyed because I wanted to go way earlier, I had set my alarm for 7am (ridiculous on a Saturday) but my phone battery died in the night - I suppose I should be grateful I was still up before 9am haha! So with my run out of the way, I should get ready. I think we're going to head to the zoo, I'm just hoping it doesn't rain again - it did a little on my run. And then who knows...eat something delicious? Probably a japanese restaurant as it's my super favourite and my bf is also keen - its probably the cuisine we choose most often for restaurants.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #43  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow nice running! that'so great. congrats on your anni. I hope you enjoy your day. how often do you run? also losing inches is awesome.I love seeing the tape tighten.

today had been errand day.running around and finishing work. gonna run this evening and then hang with some friends. eating is going well.have about 600 calories for diet so something nice. hope you are all doing good
ciao
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #44  

Hey sun, welcome! I like your mini goals. Maybe I'll work on my list after I write this tonight.

rainbow Thanks! Fingers are crossed for some sort of shift in the weather, but I'm almost certainly wearing my rain boots.
Enjoy your anniversary!! Silly question, but are your zoos the same as the ones in the States? What sort of animals do you have there?

I'm prepping for tomorrow. Bought my rain boots after work, painted my nails green. Decided I'll wear my new ring but not the earrings -- they're too dressy for the casual day. My shirt arrived! It isn't as cute as I thought it would be, but it's still cute. So I'll wear it. Doing some laundry now. Then I'm going to need to call it a night -- long day ahead of me tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #45  

sun At the moment I'm running four or five times a week. Monday - Thursday I do three or four runs, usually between 4 and 6 km per run. Saturday I'll get up early and do a longer run - usually between 6-9km. Hope you had fun with your friends!

QB Ah I just saw we're also at really similar stages in our weights at the moment, coincidence. I would guess the zoos are pretty similar? Ours has all the usual - a variety of monkeys, lions, tigers, giraffes, red pandas (my favourite), lemurs, a bunch of native birds, ummm I can't remember what else haha and I was just there! Good to hear you got rain boots - I say enjoy yourself despite the weather!!

~Just got back from the zoo, it rained, booooo. My hair went all fluffy haha, but we did have a fun time! Now we're just chilling out trying to figure out where to have dinner. I figure with my run this morning and all of the walking around the zoo today (and we walked there and back), I am doing pretty well. Here is a picture of the bf and I at the zoo (yes, I was conned into purchasing photos haha, but it's rare I like a photo of myself so I thought I'd better jump at the opportunity!!)

1_ACKZ303165078986 by rainbowstripe, on Flickr