Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

Unhappy beyond frustrated at the plateu

I am so frustrated! I cant get below 68! as soon as i hit 68.6 the scale just creeps back to 69 again! i dont know what im doing wrong - im trying so hard and nothing is happening, its been 3 weeks now of the dance between 69 and 68.6!
Is this where im going to stay?
How do i kick start my weightloss past this point?
For years i couldnt get past 75 and i just gave up, but i dont want the same to happen again - i just keep thinking, whats the point of all this hard work if i gets me nowhere?

Has anyone been through the same?
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Yup - just keep at it! I made a big mistake in 2011 of getting comfy at 60, when I gained a couple of kg I just figured it was wiggle room and then just over a year later I found myself at 67 and kept telling myself I'd get around to getting back down to 60.

Here I am now, week 6 of regular and more intense exercise and sticking to my calorie counting and only just in the last 5 days have I seen a drop from 66.7kg - and it seems to now be steadily coming off in small increments. I can't guarantee it will continue, but I think the best thing to do is just keep doing what you're doing - unless you don't think you're doing enough, in which case maybe change something up? Do a different type of exercise? Have a "cheat" day once a week?
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #3  

I have a cheat day every friday (fried - day) i exercise 5 days a week and count every calorie that goes into my mouth.
Today was weigh-in day and i have gained a kilo! I feel like such a failure, will try and increase and change my workout (they have been very much the same) i have even seen a pattern with my food, so ive changed my diet plan slightly and will see if that helps at all.
I have read that your body gets into a routine and thats why you maintain your weight despite all the effort, so hold thumbs for me!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I think it's that Friday you take off is whats been making you plateau
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #5  

I realised that too......... coz then its hard for me to get back to controlled eating. im trying to stop all cheats at the moment.
Still on my plateu tho
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

What is your calorie limit per day? Have you changed it since starting trying to lose weight? It may need reviewing. I found that the only thing that worked for my plateau (which was 8 months long, might I add, so I feel your pain!!) was working out insanely hard (each work out a new personal best or close to) for 5 days per week, and super clean eating with strong calorie control
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #7  

I'm struggling with a plateau as well, I just can't seem to break out of the 140's no matter what I do. I've increased my exercise from four days a week to six days a week and have been trying to make healthier eating choices (it's hard to count calories in the Dining Hall without a scale). I feel so stuck!
mmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #8  

my calories are between 1600 and 1800, and i work out 6 days a week, however this past week I had a bad stomache bug and couldn't keep anything down (not even water) so I got over my plateau, however i never want to do that again!
I am still regaining my strength for gym and regular eating habits (from nothing to one apple a day, today i am trying for at least 3 healthy meals and if im ok tomorrow i will add a snack, etc.

I have not changed my calorie intack since losing weight, i will check and adjust it if need be.

* just checked my calorie intake should still be 1800 - that doesnt seem right tho.......... how do you guys check your calorie needs?