Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone ever compete with your SO?...

to lose weight? I'm getting frustrated with not losing any weight (I've been doing the bikini challenge for 5 weeks, and have had a net GAIN of .2 pounds!) This morning, I had an idea. I asked my hubby if he'd want to do a little challenge. I didn't want him to feel like he had to, but he was actually pretty into the idea. We're going to do the competition for 5 weeks, and see who can lose the biggest percentage of their weight in that time. I'm already trying to figure out when I can get to the gym this week, and how to work out my calories. We also decided on prizes for the winner. I'm kind of excited to try this! Has anyone else done a competition with their significant other? Did it help motivate you?
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Inc his prize being 'that thing you won't do'. Lol!

Joking aside, I think it's a great idea. Good spirited competition is a great motivator. It's wonderful that he is being so supportive also. While I haven't tried that myself, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I've never done it either, but it sounds like a fun idea. It's great that he's being so supportive of your efforts. I hope you kick his butt!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #4  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I think this is a great idea, a little friendly competition can be a great motivator!

I couldn't have a weight loss competition with my husband - he's 5'11" and 125 pounds, so he does NOT need to lose weight - but he wants to be more active/put on muscle so maybe he'd be up for a fitness competition! Hmmmm...
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I'm currently doing it.

And I'd just like to warn you that a lot of guys lose weight much faster than us girls. Now, while I'm really glad he's losing weight, it actually has discouraged me a times because he's losing weight so much quicker than I am. He's superbly supportive and encouraging it's just I'm too damn competitive!!!

The first time we did it, prizes were involved, however this time we're just doing it for each other.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

Kalaya-haha, that didn't come up as a prize, but maybe if we ever do it again! LOL!

Penmage-thanks for the encouragement! And I love that emoticon-haven't seen that one before!

Merilung-if you wanted to do a fitness competition with your hubby, I bet you could do "pounds added to your benchpress" or "minutes taken off your mile" or "days gone to the gym" or something. whatever works!

Changergirl-thanks for the feedback, it's nice to know in advance that that might happen. DH has more to lose than me, so I figured that might happen. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that-no matter who wins, I'm hoping this challenge will make our whole home environment a little healthier-we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the support ladies!!!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Nope never! Dh loses weight in the blink of an eye. If he actually tried to lose weight he'd be skinny by day two!

I am however considering a competition with my mom :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote