3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~* February Chat Thread *~

Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #106

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

munster: i remember you! welcome back!

Icon: lol, i'm sure he is. but better that than the alternative but actually, i don't doubt he'll be fine with the lack of sex... I'M the one that's gonna have a problem with it!! he is always laughing at me that i wanna have sex more than he does... anyways, i'm glad you found a doctor you can trust! hope all goes well!

hey guys! it's been a lil quiet in here, where are you all up at??

I'm doing alright, no work today scale finally showed a loss, so i'm peachy ^_^ I did my Body Revolution workout and FFFFFF! it was hard! my arms are still shaking. I wanted to go to the gym as well, but honestly, i dunno if i will cuz i'm hurting too much. i think i'm gonna cancel my membership cuz it's a bit ridiculous... i pay about 110$ per month (yes, i can hear your jaws drop, gyms in japan are ******edly expensive) and i've been going once a week or less since i've started doing my Jillians DVDs. I get better results than from the gym, too, so i'm thinking, why waste my money?? but it hasn't been 3 months yet and i don't think i can cancel my membership til 3 or 4 months... gah. oh well. feels like such a waste though... meh.

so yeah, no plans today except that eventually i will have to get my butt off and go buy toilet paper and groceries. i lead a fun and exciting life!!!!

oh! and for any fellow nerds out there, i just finished reading A Memory of Light, final book of the "Wheel of Time" series. and i am so full of feels!!! waaah!!!

KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #107

S/C/G: 205/141.1/117

Height: 5'0"

Just popping in to say hi. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks (I'm good at lurking these days), keeping up to date with how everyone is going and trying to find a good time to pop in and write a bit! I don't have time to catch up with all the personals, which is the main reason I'm not posting regularly.

I'm doing ok with my weight...but I'm doing awesome with exercise, so at the moment I'm focusing on that and waiting for the weight to follow suit! I've been running 4 - 5 times per week for the past five weeks and it feels so good - I have finally gotten to the point where I love running!!

I'm also at a bit of a crossroads with working/living - my boyfriend has been accepted to do his PhD in Vancouver, BC - so at this stage, there's a high likelihood I'll be moving to Canada! I'm so excited but also nervous about all the visa stuff. I can get an Open Work Permit as the common-law partner of someone who is on a study visa, but I'm still unsure about whether I can get that when I get there if I arrive on a normal 1 year working visa (which is what I can get as an NZ citizen.

It's all very exciting but a bit nerve-wracking!
Calorie counting and exercising 4-5 times per week.

Long Term Goal

rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #108
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi MunsterMommy!Congrats on being so close to finishing!!

Icon: Haha! Well hopefully the desensitization will work. Cut down the $$ a little bit.

Kawaii: That is some crazy money for the gym!! I would probably cancel too, especially if you're getting better results! If you have the contract you signed, it probably has the details on it.

Rainbowstripe: Wow! That is awesome!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't taken pain meds in 2 days!! (I'm terrified of turning into an addict. haha) I worked out Wednesday, probably not the best idea. But the dumbest thing that happened Wednesday was tanning. I hadn't tanned in a week and I decided to stay in the maximum time of 9 mins. To top it off I was maybe the 5th person that used the brand new bed with brand new bulbs. I was a lobster by 11pm. Thankfully my skin absorbs the burn quick and then tans. So, by tomorrow it should be gone. Yay for Native American genes!!

I have lost another pound too! So, I am at 229!!! It's so weird! I just hope I don't get stuck in the 20's for 3 months like I did the 30's!!

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-22-2013 at 12:23 PM.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #109

bea Glad to hear you're on the mend after your surgery! You're so lucky with the tanning - my skin is so fair I just burn instantly after like 8 minutes in the sun, I don't even go near tanning places because I'm afraid haha.

It's Saturday morning and I got up at 7 (earlier than I get up on a weekday!) to go for a run. An hour long and I did 7.8km (4.8 miles). I don't even know who I am anymore haha. Now I'm just sitting around, about to have a shower, wondering what to do with the rest of my day. My boyfriend is still in bed!

Long Term Goal

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #110
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Bea- Glad to hear you're doing better. I suck at tanning... I just burn and peel. Goes with those British and German genes, lol.

Rainbow- Welcome! I am usually a lurker too, but occasionally I pop up and say hello.

Icon- Hope your allergies get better. I am allergic to mold (and a lot of antibiotics and blue cheese) so I feel your pain. Literally in this case, as one of the symptoms is pounding headaches, lol.

-----
Well, I've decided not to lurk for a little while, and say hello!

I've had an interesting few weeks, which resulted in a massive loss and an equally massive gain in a short amount of time. I guess because I was sick for awhile, and lost a lot of weight because I didn't feel like eating. Either way, I lost 15 pounds and gained about 7 pounds back. At least I didn't gain though.

I've started a weight loss contest, which is called the Biggest Winner of **insert my county here**. My mom decided that she was going to enter too, and at the moment she, my dad, and my sister are going out to eat. I decided to stay home since I am going to work out at 7, and finish some homework while I was at it. I think there must be something wrong with me because I've never turned down an invitation to eat with them.

I also got accepted into the honor society for community colleges, I found out a few days ago. It is kind of expensive, but I will get to put it on my resume and I will get to do all kinds of events with the chapter at my campus. I have been waiting on the letter for awhile, so I was relieved to see that it had arrived.

Well, that's about it for me. Have a good day all.

One wittle flower for every 5 pounds!

Last edited by namaste984 : 02-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #111

rainbow: hey beautiful! you're gonna move to Canada! wow! that's nuts! good luck with all the visa stuff! good job on the run!! that is something i will never be able to do (or want to!) no matter how fit i get! lol.

bea: yeah, i'm sure the info's on there, but it would be all in japanese!! anyways i'm gonna wait til their contest ends cuz i'm pretty sure i have a good chance to win stuff!! seeing all my progress! lol. congrats on your weightloss! wohooo! and no noes with the tanning woes... lol. i've had that happen to me once, but with my peachy-white blondie complexion, it was not a pretty sight, and i was in pain in places where it's not normally possible to get a sunburn, if you know what i mean...

namaste: wtf girl! be careful with your health! it's not good to go up and down like that... but well done for turning down food with your fam! and congrats on getting into the honours society! sounds fun!

aaaahh... you guys... yesterday was the "sayonara party" of a friend of mine, who is leaving Japan for good so we had to send her off in style... incidently, it was also my cheat day... i was actually pretty good all day, allowing myself some stuff i shouldn't really eat but i didn't really eat very much, assuming i would just pig out at the izakaya later. well, at the izakaya (small restaurant where you go for drinking), since we had reservations, we also had set foods (normally you can just order whatever you want) and all-you-can-drink, but the set foods were ridiculous. there was only five things and in tiny amounts. needless to say, i still felt hungry afterwards, and i was considerably drunker. i was just gonna grab something from the convenience store on the way home, but my good friend, who was really drunk and upset that our friend was leaving, begged me to stay and keep the party going. she even offered to pay my 40$ cab ride home if i stayed, so i stayed. we were gonna go to a club, but somehow we ended up in mcdonalds for 2 hours, drinking cheap combini wine and ingesting way too much food. i had a big mac set, and then after, i was like "i want another burger!!" so i went and bought another burger, and a macflurry (luckily, in japan, they're tiny, but still)... i really should not have had that second run, but i was drunk, and the weirdest part was that my friends were egging me on. they were like "you're TINY now! go and have that burger!!" lol. i'm far from tiny, but it was pretty funny.

anyways, long story short, i ate way too much, and then i was somewhat hungover for most of today and didn't really eat as well as i should (i munched on some leftover tortilla bread... not bad but not really part of my diet...) and i just feel blergh. my headache finally lifted in the early evening and i dragged my as$ off the couch to do my workout, which i'm pretty d*mn proud of myself for. and now i'm all sweaty.

i had a good time last night, but i'm really pissed at myself for having that extra burger, and for knowing that my weight's gonna be back up for a while.... *sigh* oh well... how was everyone's weekend?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #112
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls!

So I broke out the Insanity DVDs this week because hubby decided he wants to do more cardio (he was a college football player and loves to lift NOT run lol). So we did it together in the mornings this week and he was SORE lol! Men complain so much more than women I swear. Had a short work week because of the holiday (teachers get president's days off ). I am back to low sugar intake which means mostly just protein and veggies for me while I bust out Insanity to try to lean out those last lbs before the 120s. I hope you all are doing well this week!

Icon: both of my kids are young, just 5 and 2 . I am a teacher in the US and it's a great job to have here. I work about 180 days a year with amazing benefits for my family (since hubby and I work for the same district we pay ZERO out of pocket for any hospital, ER, or doctor visit it is completely bad*** lol). I would say that being a teacher here is mostly great but it is hard because Americans dont really out their money into education so we fall behind many other countries. My school district is one of the highest ranked public districts in my state but many districts struggle due to lack of funding. Are you trying to be a teacher too?

Kawaii: thanks! Seems like a lot of the girls who were here when I was are gone but it sounds like you have been doing well! Don't beat yourself up too badly over the burger, you will be able to overcome it . It's nice to be able to be with friends and can be hard if you are a little tipsy to be good like you normally would lol!

Namaste: I'm sorry you were so sick . That does not sound like it was fun! Congrats on making the honors society that's a really great thing! Keep up the hard work to keep those lbs off!

Rainbow: wow moving to another country is awesome. I have never been out of the US lol. It sounds like a great opportunity. Exercise is so great isn't it? It's my favorite thing to do for myself honestly. After a bad or stressful day or as the start to the day it's so great! Keep working hard .

Everyone have a great day and week and hope I can get to know you ladies better soon .

Mini Goal 1: Healthy BMI 154 lbs. MET: 9/1/11
Mini Goal 2: Hello 140s! MET: 10/27/11
Mini Goal 3: Run a mile under 7 minutes MET:
Mini Goal 4: hello 130s! MET:7/2012

One for every 5 lbs. lost!!!!!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #113
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

KawaiiCandie: I'm a little late on this. But waaaaa! 110 dollars for gym? omg I used to complain about the $25 I used to spend on 24 hour fitness. NO more lol

namaste984: Hope you're feeling better (that's good that you didn't gain any weight during ).
I wish we had some kind of contest like that! It sounds super motivating. How long do you have in the contest? Good lUck!
and finally Super Congrats on the honor society!

KawaiiCandie : that really sucks! but still, you don't do it often enough for it to be a problem. A lot of people drunk over eat, don't be too hard on yourself. Plus you actually worked out while hungover?

munstermommy: yay to working out to Insanity! I also work in education, and had President's Day off.
____
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I joined a gym today! I've been walking around the neighborhood every day for exercise, but I really want to try weights and cardio machines. haven't had a gym membership since last year before i had some back problems. Pretty excited about that.
also update on the guy I met online. OMG. he's great. We're still in the honeymoon phase of dating, so I have yet to see any flaws. But, yeah. I'm having a great time seeing him awww I feel so mushy typing that, but it's true.

Last edited by kisskiss : 02-24-2013 at 10:05 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #114

namaste Congrats on the honor society acceptance, it's always good to have extra stuff to add to your resume! I used to be super active on the boards but life always gets in the way.

Kawaii Moving to Canada is huge, but I'm so excited. I just hope all the visa stuff works out smoothly because it would suck to only be able to stay there for 6 months/1 year depending on how I get over there and leave my boyfriend there for another 3 years! I see you've also got some time apart from your boyfriend coming up too. Don't sweat the extra burger too much - I know how you feel though, I always feel so guilty when I do stuff like that

munster Wow, you're doing amazing. I haven't heard much about the insanity dvds, but I kind of stopped dvds a while ago when I moved into my current place as I don't really have anywhere to do it while my room mate is around haha. Moving to Canada is a great opportunity, there is no way I could do it if my boyfriend wasn't studying there so its pretty cool. I do love the feeling of leaving the stress of work behind at 5pm and going straight home to run!

kisskiss New guy/dating sounds like so much fun, that is so cool. And yay for joining a gym! I would love to if it were in my budget, I feel like the weight training/strength training is so helpful.

~
Monday morning has gone so quickly, such a busy day at work! I just had a delicious salad for lunch - pretty plain, just lettuce, cucumber, a bit of cheese and leftover chicken breast from last night. I buy the side salads from Wendy's here because they're only $3, which is good since I would never use a whole lettuce if I bought one anyway.

My weight was down this morning so I feel like the last few weeks of running are finally paying off! I've decided I want to get down to 55kg (my original goal) by the end of September this year, which is when I'm planning to go to Vancouver. I think it is more than achievable, but I also know it gets harder when you get smaller, so I don't want to set myself up for failure!

We chose a couple over the weekend who are going to move in with us in a couple of weeks as our current house mate is moving out, so I'm a little bit nervous about living with new people, but they seem really nice and they have a cat which is a bonus because I haven't wanted to get a pet due to not being sure of my long-term situation.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week! February nearly over!

Long Term Goal

Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #115

munster: well i am also a "returnee". came back in november and i had gained all my weight back, so... -_- lol. i hear you! men are such babies, haha... you tell them you're doing an exercise dvd and they laugh at you going "sure honey..." but if you make them do it... lol! good luck with the new diet regiment!

kisskiss: i know, right?!?! i remember when i was in college and i used to b!tch and moan that the gym was 40$... i WISH it cost me that much now!!! aww... yay for happy new love butterflies! ^_^

rainbow: apart for 3 years?!?!!!!! i could never do that! i hope it works out for you! yeah, 1 year is gonna be enough for me :/ i really hope we can survive... gah! congrats on your weightloss!

morning girls! no work today! though i am heavily procrastinating on writing a test for my returnees, and grading 3 piles of test papers for tomorrow... T_T gah! i did my workout today, and weight is still a whole kilo over what it should be so blergh... i'm just gonna take it easy today! have a good one!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #116
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I just wanted to pop in and say to Rainbow: Helen Clark is doing an IAMA on Reddit, wat da fuq????

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #117

Kawaii Urgh, I height weight fluctuations, but I'm sure you'll be fine! We did 6 months apart in 2008, so I know what it's like - you will do lots of emailing and skyping I'm sure!!

Icon Wow, weird - my b/f is ALWAYS on Reddit so no doubt I'll hear about it when I get home, I'm sure it will be an interesting read as well! How odd though! And also congrats on your wedding!!

~
Weight is down again, YAY. Finally the scale is moving, and so it should - this is week six of the higher intensity regular exercise!

Also yesterday I beat my running record again - when I first started, I was doing a 3.2km (1.9 miles) loop and walking probably half or so of it, I've gradually been building up, adding kms to it, running more of it - last night I finally ran the whole first 3.2km (I did just over 5km total, still some walking in that last 2km). I was/am so proud of myself and happy!

Boyfriend has paid his entry fees to various different places at the Canadian university he's going to - so it's definitely all happening now. Eeeeeep!

Long Term Goal

Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #118
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

KawaiiCandie:
no work? Lucky! Yay I'm counting the days until my Spring Break for my job (24 days left!!)....

rainbowstripe:
on weight being down and beating your record!! You should be proud of yourself wait, I probably missed this but are you going with your BF to university? or long distance?
______
How can it only be Tuesday! I have such a long week ahead of me; I am already wishing it were the weekend. My friend's BD celebration is this Friday, so you can bet I will be partying I'm even going to wear a short skirt Excited. Hope everyone is doing well... omg it's only 9:25. I have to be here until 3:30. counting the hours....lol

Last edited by kisskiss : 02-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #119
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Kisskiss- Girl I feel ya, I keep thinking it's later in the week myself. Plus the weather is really dreary and nasty so it's kind of sit-around-and-type-notes weather.

Munster- Thanks for the well-wishes! I wish I could take my fiancÚ to town doing my exercise routines, but he loves to work out and is good at it! We always seem to have competitions going as to who can lift more and I think I beat him once. (It was on a leg press, I did 150 and he did maybe 130? Not sure.)

Kawaii- I know, right? That was over a month though, not just all at once, so it wasn't too bad. I have recovered from that particular illness, and I'm feeling a bit better.

Rainbow- Thanks for the well-wishes. I understand, life happens.
-----
First weigh-in tonight for Biggest Winner! I am kind of apprehensive about what the scale will say, but I'm sure it will be fine. My mom and my sister are doing it with me. They went to their weigh-in earlier in the day.

I have been recovering from a nasty cold (not the previous illness mentioned). Since I am recuperating, I have lost a few stray pounds due to not being too hungry, but not the massive weight loss I had before. I am okay with that though, I know this sounds hokey, but I would much rather lose weight by taking care of myself rather than not taking care of myself.

Other than that, I have been keeping busy. Doing lots of schoolwork and driving back and forth to school two days a week. Nothing really exciting. Still trying to figure out a tentative venue for my wedding, nothing yet though because apparently you have to have a membership at my previous venue and the guests have to pay to come in, and we nixed that pretty fast. Thankfully I have another 2 years and three months to figure it out! lol

Well, that's about it for now, have a great day all.

One wittle flower for every 5 pounds!

Last edited by namaste984 : 02-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #120

kisskiss Yay to have a great outfit and celebrations to look forward to! My bf is going to university in Canada and I'm going with him, hopefully for the full duration of his PhD - if the Visa Officers are kind!

namaste I always thought that if I got married it would be nice to have lots of time to plan. Hope you're feeling better, colds suck.

~Weight down again. This is good, I'm so glad it's finally happening.
My run last night sucked. I did do 6km or 5km I can't remember now, but either way, I didn't run the whole way because my legs were not having a bar of it. Seriously, I would try to keep running and my calves were so sore they just slowed to a walk without me really having much control. Worse run ever.

I got home, sat around for a while figuring out what to do with the chicken breasts I'd defrosted for dinner, made up some very average chicken and vege pasta dish, and then I started to feel sick. I took dinner to my bf at work and felt even worse.

I came home and had a shower, but still didn't feel that great, so I forced myself to eat dinner (sometimes I feel sick when I haven't eaten enough) and then got into bed. I'm wondering if there was some correlation between feeling sick and the crappy run earlier. I still feel marginal today, so I guess I'll see how the rest of the day goes before I count out a run tonight. At this stage I am thinking I'll just do my shorter loop, but sometimes you need time off right?

Hope everyone is doing well - Wednesday here for me, cannot wait for the week to be over!

Long Term Goal

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.