3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~* February Chat Thread *~

Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #91

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

you guys, he's only going for 1 year! i wouldn't pack up and move for one year... if he was going longer, then definitely yes, i would follow him, but it would screw up too many things for me to move there... i don't have the money, it would negate my visa, and i have a pretty sweet deal with my job and apartment here... no. that's not a possibility :/

bea: really? i'll check out those shoes. yeah, my mom has renaud's too but only in her hands, and i have it only in my feet. so weird. plus it's only been since a couple of years so it sucks. haha. congrats on getting your surgery over and done with! hope you can relax for the rest of the day.

well, i'm up a full kilo this morning from yesterday's indulgences, but i'm not really surprised... i'm gonna go do my Body Revolution in just a bit, though i'm dreading it a little since today is cardio day... i'm like "didn't i just have cardio day like a day ago???" lol. other than that, i am supposed to go shopping for a bit, if i can ever get my butt off this bed, that is...

hope you all have a good weekend!!

KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #92
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Kawaii: *Hugs* I'm not about to lie and tell you that long distance is easy, but at the very least, it's possible. My guy and I are up to a few weeks short of a year apart, and we'll be moving in together when I get back to the US. If you do decide to do the long distance thing, Skype and body pillows are your friends I have so many pillows on my bed, not for sleeping on, but because I need something to cuddle at night.

I feel like I'm probably way behind on the thread, but I'll have to catch up in the morning. What I was assuming before was a cold is starting to feel more like an upper respiratory infection and I've been hacking up nasty things around the clock. I'd really rather not go to a doctor (there are no English-speaking doctors in the area and I'd rather not try to track down a respiratory doctor...I think it was different when I was in Kobe, but out in the boonies you have to go to a doctor specifically trained to treat your symptoms), so I've been just sleeping and taking vitamins like a crazy person to try to get rid of it without medical intervention. I really wish I'd snuck some Nyquil in with me when I came (you can't get it in Japan because it has amphetamines in it)...it would make staying asleep so much easier >.<

I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Mini Goal: 170 lbs by August 11th (It'll be a very happy birthday indeed)--Reached 7/25/12
Mini Goal #2: Normal BMI (under 155 lbs)--Reached 12/3/12
5 lbs gets me a dragonfly:
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #93
Becoming less fleshy.

S/C/G: 195/150

Height: 57"

hotaru: holy crap! I hope you feel better in the morning. Have you looked online at home remedies?? anytime i hear the word “infection” I get rather concerned. this is not just a cold, my friend. hopefully it subsides on its own, but be careful!

kawaii: eeeee, that’s tough! Good for him that he was accepted even while meeting little of the criteria. What a great experience to have! Sad that this will be goodbye for a while. I’ve never experienced a long distance relationship, but my sister’s husband is in the army. They face time, talk on the phone, and email constantly. It’s hard, but possible. You said there’s no chance of you moving there. Is there a chance of you visiting? Also, sorry about the scale, but it’s nice that you push yourself to workout even when you’re not feeling it.

bea: glad surgery went well!! hope recovery is as smooth. And YAY for the cruise!! how exciting, and a wonderful incentive to focus on weight loss!

pink: SO sorry about the scale. I hope it’s nothing serious. I have a friend who about a year ago found out she had a thyroid condition that was making it incredibly difficult for her to lose. she took many months adopting a paleo diet, and began doing HIIT sessions, and has now slimmed down A LOT. It took awhile for her to transition though, bc the idea of rabbit food for life really bothered her. Now she eats mostly paleo, with treats now and then (wine, rice and beans, desserts, etc). No idea what’s going on w you, but whatever it is - weight loss and a healthy lifestyle is still possible.

panmage: congrats on the diploma, my friend! excellent! the job will be along, no doubt. What sorts of positions are u applying for? Also, that’s interesting about the chia seeds. i’ve heard they’re good for you, but never thought twice about incorporating them into everyday foods.

well, I finally weighed this morning. I’m down to 180.2, which is a little nsv! I want to see the 170s! I’ve slacked a little on exercise. I’ve been doing something every day, just not a whole lot of things. I need to increase my exercise to do 1.5 miles/day for the next week.

Dear hubs and I have been together 8 yrs next Wednesday! seems like forever we are going to make a little fondue and celebrate at home. I’m going to count it as my cheat day. i want to do something creative like make him a card or write a little poem... any ideas for a cute homemade gift?

Last edited by peachflesh : 02-16-2013 at 09:04 AM.
peachflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #94

hotaru: yeah, the only thing though is that he's already not big on mailing or talking everyday, so i'm worried that when he goes, i won't hear from him at all, or like once a week or something... *sigh* well anyways, i guess there's no point worrying now since we're neither here nor there yet. sorry to hear you feel like crap though i have a stash of cold medicine from home (and other medicines too) in my apartment cuz doctors are so sh:t here... i'd say you should do the same, but since you're leaving so soon... hang in there!!

penmage: yeah, i know it's a great opportunity. if i was in his shoes i'd be thrilled and my sadness and disappointment is totally selfish... i definitely wanna go visit him while he's there, cuz i've never been to france before. there is that. but it's still a heck of a long time. honestly, what i'm worried about is not surviving the time appart, it's more, will he want us to stay a couple as he leaves... well anyways... wow, 8 years?! that's nuts! hope you guys have a nice little romantic evening together

hey guys! this morning i got up early (ish) to do my workout, and now i have to go get ready to meet up with my friend in Harajuku! we're on a mission to go hunt some (not really) famous people that we like that are supposed to be there, haha... i haven't been to harajuku in forever... especially on a sunday cuz it's always gross and full of tourists, and let me tell you, when you've lived in japan as long as i have, the last thing you wanna do is get mistaken for a tourist!! it's really insulting! lol. well anyways, it should be fun.

i'm gonna try really hard to be extra good today cuz tomorrow is the weigh-in day on Rie's thread and i haven't lost anything in the past week T_T but my weight went back to what it was before my cheat day this morning, actually it was a bit down but going from 169.8 to 169.4 is not very exciting... lol. so anyways, i really wanna be able to register a loss tomorrow!!!

hope you have a nice sunday

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #95
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Kawaii: Yeah, and they might be good to look into and their winter styles probably will go on really good sale here soon too. That would be really awesome to visit France. haha. But you guys have a little while to see where things are going?

Hotaru: Oh no! I wish I could send a little care package!! Are you able to make any chicken soup with fresh veggies?

Peach: The cruise is great incentive!! The recovery has been tough today.

--------------------------

Well, day one post surgery has got progressively better. Last night I ended up throwing up everything. My mom thinks I was having a weird reaction to the Percocet and the anesthesia. So she limited my food all day today. But I have kept everything down, so I'm happy!! I woke up and was in so much pain that I call my mom on the phone to help me. It was hilarious and horrible. My grandma and I are going to the health food store tomorrow and I'm getting quinoa and chia seeds!! Oh boy!! I just want to get out of the house. 4 more days until I am allowed to drive!

Now that I am able to eat I feel starving. I am having trouble discerning if I am actually hungry or not. ugh.

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-16-2013 at 11:48 PM.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #96
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Peach: I've come to the conclusion that "upper respiratory infection" is doctor talk for "really bad cold with fluid in your chest." I get at least one of those and 2 sinus infections per year (thanks, Dad). They come so often that I usually go to the doctor, tell them that I think I have one, tell them what I've been doing to treat it myself, and they say "Yep, that's about right...here's an antibiotic you can take if it doesn't go away from what you're doing in the next few days and some codeine cough syrup for the night." If you could get codeine OTC, I wouldn't bother with doctors. Congrats on almost being out of the 180s and have fun with your hubby! I don't know if you want to tempt fate, but I've seen bacon roses on a few sites that look like an AWESOME SO gift. I'm sure that anything you make will make him super happy
(Just FYI, usually on this site NSV=non-scale victory, like measurements, smaller sizes, etc. I think you might be thinking of something else based on how you used it...I know when I first started I thought it meant "No small victory" and was gently chided for putting a scale number in a NSV thread.)

Kawaii: For the first 2 months my guy was at bootcamp, so we only had infrequent letters. Again, not easy, but possible. Apparently one of his commanding officers made a big deal about it the first time a letter came since it was from Japan and all the guys started with catcalls and demanding to see in case I'd sent *ahem* special pictures You'll figure it out when the time comes.

...oh Harajuku. I AM a tourist when I go to Tokyo, but I still hate people thinking that. I had to ask directions last weekend and as I was walking away the guy who'd given them asked his buddy if he thought the stupid gaijins actually understood. I know it was rude, but I turned back around and informed him that the stupid gaijin actually speaks pretty good Japanese and lives in Japan, but just doesn't happen to know the area. Wow, did he turn pretty colors.

Bea: Glad that you're recovering well...hopefully your cabin fever won't get too bad in the next few days.

----

Well, today wasn't especially fun. Still very sick. I spent the first 10 minutes of my morning blowing my nose (went through a whole box of tissues) and coughing phlegm. Man, am I glad that I live alone atm, because I was GROSS. I chatted with my bf on skype for a while then decided that my sinuses desperately needed a shower. So I went to run it...and no hot water came out. Stupid gas. I tried turning the valve off and on several times, but it was refusing to work. Finally I decided F-this and went grocery shopping. While out, I realized that I was right next to the hair salon I usually go to and decided that if I couldn't have a shower, I could at least have clean hair...and since I needed a cut anyway, why not have someone else wash it for me? (I LOVE having other people wash my hair. I generally have touching issues, but other people washing or brushing my hair makes me incredibly happy for some reason.) So I went in and asked the person at the desk to wait just a minute while I flipped through their magazines to find the cut that I wanted. I can't describe hair in English, so I certainly can't do it in Japanese and generally come with a photo in hand...unfortunately, as I was paging 4 other people piled in at once, so I got bumped to a male stylist with Skrillex hair. Usually when I go there I get a bubbly little 20-something girl who chats with me and asks questions constantly to make sure she's doing it right. Very sweet, and she makes sure to use simple Japanese so that I can understand her easily. Today's guy looked at the photo and didn't say a word the whole time he was washing and cutting my hair...and as a result, when he took the cape off I kinda looked like Justin Bieber. Sadface. Fortunately I got a hat at Daiso that makes it look much better and when I threw some wax in it at home, it helped a lot. I just tried turning the gas valve on and off for the 3rd or 4th time today, and finally I have running hot water again! My gas company's given me an assload of trouble in the past, so I really wasn't looking forward to having to call them tomorrow after work. I also wasn't looking forward to riding my bike half an hour against the wind to get to the onsen for a shower...though I might after school tomorrow just because I want to use the saunas and check my weight on their scale School's already close to halfway there, so I might as well...

Mini Goal: 170 lbs by August 11th (It'll be a very happy birthday indeed)--Reached 7/25/12
Mini Goal #2: Normal BMI (under 155 lbs)--Reached 12/3/12
5 lbs gets me a dragonfly:
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #97
Becoming less fleshy.

S/C/G: 195/150

Height: 57"

hotaru: haha i thought nsv was just short hand for incentive. makes much more sense now, thanks. And yes! I’ve seen those bacon roses! That’s a great idea. He def won’t expect them. It seems like you have headache after headache going on over there! Glad your gas came back on and that your haircut is better after you messed w it (mine is always better once I get home and play around, too). Good luck with the yucky illness, it sounds terrible. you deal w it every year?? I’m such a baby I’d be moaning in bed. (Not in a good way, maha).

bea: oh man, recovery is sometimes as bad as the malady. barfing all night is never fun!! Sounds like you’re starting to feel a bit better if you’re up and about and looking forward to groceries. Little by little you’ll get back to healthy. Are you allowed to drink water? (as in, you’re not on ice chips only, are you?) If so, drinking tons of water will help you to know if you’re actually hungry or just bored.

kawaii: my prior post may have been a tad misleading. I mean yay, it’s good for him, but i would be just as selfishly sad and mad and dreading it all if I were you! (this is a bad example, but...) hubs wanted to study abroad back when were first dating, and of course, i had to be supportive and excited for his opportunity, blah blah, but i was pissed! And I demanded to know what that meant for us. And I demanded to know where his head was. we talked about it 8 months prior to his potentially going, but i didn’t care, I didn’t want to waste my time being with him in the meantime if he wasn’t in it. (He didn’t end up doing the program, and I was bummed for him, but selfishly thrilled.) Have you talked, or do you plan to talk to him about what you want w this thing? Have fun hunting famous ppl!!

dudes, I’ve decided I’m a bit of an introvert. I went to coffee w a friend yesterday after work, and it turned into 3 hrs of talking! By the end of it I was just DONE. And when I got home, I was so draaaained, I just wanted to lay down. Or maybe I’m not an introvert, and it was the company. Haha

Also, I have to confess... I’m a bad girl. I had 5 beers last night. I got home from coffee and looked in the fridge, and went YUM! I feel a bit guilty today, although not as guilty as I did after my cheat day this past wednesday, when I had a bunch of candy and fell into a sugar coma. I don’t weigh until next Saturday (so as not to get terribly obsess-y), so I prob won’t see it on the scale.

I did 2 miles yesterday, and did leg presses w heavy weights. I’m sore today. Planning to do 1.5 miles. After some hydrating...

have a nice sunday all
peachflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #98

bea: yeah, we still have a few months to sort things out. going to France would be AWESOME! lol. my mom has been several times and i always resented her for never taking me when i was younger, haha. and I'm french-canadian so I would actually be able to enjoy everything, you know? I'm glad you're feeling better today!! your poor stomach... it hasn't been doing very well these days, has it?

hotaru: oh man! that is AWESOME of you to have told that guy off!!! i wouldn't be able to come up with the words on the spot like that... my japanese is pretty good, but i'm quite bad at telling people off in it. aww... sorry you had such a sh!tty day though!

peachflesh: oh yeah, i didn't mean like you'd come off like that particularly, just that i felt it was selfish, but i still hated the fact that he got through yeah, actually, he's been dreaming of going to study abroad the whole time we've been together. he failed try after try after try, and last summer he had finally given up and i was soooo happy, and then in august, as he watched 2 of his friends leave for different countries, he decided that he was gonna leave no matter what even if it was on his own, just backpacking somewhere and it just crushed me. but if he had gone backpacking it would've been 6 months and not one year. so yeah, i was hoping he'd fail and was shocked he didn't. since it had been this thing that was always "suppose to happen" but never did, i just thought it would go on being an unattainable dream, you know? i mean, i am glad for him that he gets to realize his dream, but it just sucks for me lol at your coffee story though... some people are just like that! don't think that makes you an introvert

hey guys! no work today but got a bunch of errands to run and laundry to do... psyching myself up to do my workout now, so that'll probably happen in an hour or so... lol. yesterday was a pretty good day since we DID find those "famous" people we were hunting for. (they're not like REALLY famous... although there were about 20 other people waiting for them as well so...) and we got to chat with them in the park for like 2 hours, which was pretty cool!!!

look!

I'm the blondie in the middle.

as for my weight, it is apparently still not willing to budge which makes me cranky. i was hoping for a "woosh" this morning since i went to the toilet so much last night!! lol. but apparently not

Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #99
bee

Hotaru: I can understand being sick like that.It happens a few times a year for me too. I have a stack of old meds that I go to when I am sick. Or if I have to go to the doctor I tell her what worked last time. Do you have asthma? Good for you, telling that guy off! I am really good at telling someone off.. 20 minutes after the situation. J. Beiber's hair is pretty feminine so I wouldn't worry about it too much! I bet it's really cute! My cabin fever is baddd. If you notice by the length of this post!

Peach: Yeah the recovery process isn't fun. Friday, I should have been limited to water and last night and today I've been able to eat real food. So, I'm not too worried about it anymore lol. Nah you're not necessarily an introvert. Some people are just really draining. Lol. I wish I could drink beer. It just doesn't taste good to me at all! I don't blame you though. Sometimes it is just nice to let go a little.

Kawaii: You are so stinking cute! I wish I could go that blonde! I'm sure I would resent my mom too if she didn't take me. haha! I took a year of French in highschool... We had so few electives in highschool that in order to be a full time student I had to take a second language senior year. I could have graduated early but my mom didn't want me to. My stomach has been protesting a lot these days! It's weird. I have always thought I had a fairly hearty-nothing is going to hurt me-stomach. Who are these famous people? I am intrigued!

-----------------------------
Well. Today has been decent except I haven't poo-ed since Wednesday! It's the pain meds. so that's been fun. I had to email my online profs asking for extensions last night while I was high on meds. I reread the emails when they responded this morning. (Both allowing the extensions) Wow! There were horrible typos!! I've never needed anything heavier than ib-profen before. It's weird. I want to stop taking them, but it hurts lol. When you have laproscopic surgery they pump your abdomen up with co2 to get the stuff out and then sew up back up. So the co2 tends to float to your shoulders. To get it out, you're supposed to lay on the ground with your hips propped up. That's super fun. : / I can't believe I thought I would be on my regular workout routine by now. wow.

Tomorrow, my mom is staying at her bf's and my boyfriend is busy with his friend. So, if I need anything tomorrow I have to hope my grandparents aren't busy. (They live 5 mins away), if I need anything.

I did get to leave the house today. But it ended up being a bad idea. We went to the health food store and we decided to go to another store because we were already there. I didn't take backup meds. It was bad!! lol

It was funny though, we ran into the only other person in our building today, a 92 year old woman, Miss Emma. She asked why I looked so disheveld. (I was wearing a black tunic, a leapard print cami and white/black snowflake pj pants. ) And after my mom told her, she looked so shocked. She told me to get up stairs and get in bed! haha! It was hillarious. I really need to get out more.

Ugh. well Sorry about the chapter. I haven't really got to talk to anyone but my mom today. Gotta go watch Walking Dead!

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #100
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

peachflesh: hah, you might not be an introvert. Bea's right, some people are just draining! 5 beers sounds like you might have been having a good time, plus you planned to work out the next day? That's hardcore

beahawkins:
Hey Bea, hope you're doing better. I have to agree, I'd be like the 90 year old lady and beg you to go back to bed and rest! walking dead? Everyone tells me that show is great, I freaking need to see it.
______
So I had the day off yesterday, but I was able to go hiking despite feeling like just staying in bed all day so yay also had a dentist appointment. OMG. they put like 5 numbing shots in my mouth, I thought I was going to faint. Never did I realize that a deep cleaning would hurt Can't wait for the week to end (muah I have a date on Friday) How are you girls all doing?
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #101
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

kawaii: a year might be tough, but you never know until you try right? I know that i would feel gutted in your shoes and excited in his, its so hard isnt it?! But sometimes you have to let people you love chase their dreams, even if that means being away from you for some time, and hope that they will come back

hotaru: oooh you poor thing! Sorry about your sickness and your hair cut! But at least the hair will grow out and you can play around with it as it grows too, which I always love doing when I have a hair cut. before the wedding, I had my hair super, pixie short, now its past my shoulders and I'm waiting until I've lost half my way to goal to have it cut again, and it is driving me craaaaaazy

peach: congrats on the 8 years! I totally understand you re introversion and being drained, I feel the same! Its hard when other people dont get that too, my husband feels invigorated by being around people, I just cant imagine that! And congrats on the nsv!

bea: oh you poor thing, your recovery sounds so tough! Sorry about all the pain and general nastiness, hope you poo soon too! Take it easy, silly, theres no hurry to get back to normally, and hurrying isnt going to get you there any sooner anyway :P Home, bed, tv, fibre!

Kiss: your dentist appointment sounds horrible Do they normally need to numb things for a deep clean? here I think the clean is just like scaling and stuff, they dont normally numb for that, its just uncomfortable (personally I'd take the discomfort over the shots, ugh I hate needles in my mouth!) Hope you are feeling better today. Just keep thinking about that date!

I, too, am ready for the week to end. No idea why really, post holiday blues maybe? Weight loss is going really well though since I got back, and I intend to get back to the gym next week (one thing at a time!). TOmorrow I have an appointment with my immunologist, hopefully we can discuss desensitisation treatment and get that started. Which I'm not exactly looking forward to the process of, but am looking forward to the results. It would be great not to have to feel like I have the flu if I didnt take antihistamines every day, and even better since they are about $90 a box!

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #102
bee

KissKiss: You have to watch walking dead!!

Icon: $90 per box!! That's horrible!! Hope they get you sorted out!

---------------------------------

Well, today I am allowed to drive again! I bought batteries for my scale I am at 231.5. I am happy at that because I haven't taken meds and I ate a lot more food than normal yesterday. lol. But not in like a bad why. haha.

I sorted had a nsv last night I bought a little romper thing for vacation this summer. I bought it in a Torrid size 0 thinking it wouldn't fit for awhile. I was curious about it though. It fit decently!! I am so excited! I really need to start working on thigh exercises though! : )
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #103

bea: haha, thanks! i had just bleached my hair the day before so that's why it's so freakin bright! lol about your story. i hope you can go off your meds soon! and if you wanna poo, eat some oatmeal! lol.

kisskiss: sucks about the dentist... but yay for the date! let us know the gossip )

icon: yeah, i know... even now that the initial shock has passed, and that his departure date is still not for a few more months, i am excited with him! i saw him yesterday and i was joking around (and testing the waters) and said "how are you gonna survive with no sex for one year?" and he smiled at me and went "I am like Buddha. I can resist earthly desires" or somesort... lol. well i guess it's encouraging. boo for post holiday blues though... but yay for weightloss going well! and goodluck for that doctor thing! though i didn't really understand why you were going...

hey guys, i am a cranky bunny this morning... I've been cranky for a while, as my scale decided to stop moving a few days ago, but not, it's not only not going down, it's going up!!! freakin 77.0 this morning! i litterally kicked it back under my dresser after it showed me that. (lol) this is so depressing. i'm not even being bad. the only thing i'm doing that i can think could affect my weight is that i've been eating at night... but everyone says that's just a "myth" and that eating at night can't make you gain so i dunno what to think. on top of it, i also have a "fake" period which arrived yesterday. i have no idea what's up with that, i am in the middle of my pill box, i finished my last period less than 2 weeks ago... WHY AM I BLEEDING?!? grumbles... it's not a lot... just enough to destroy my panties unless i wear pantiliners and annoy the crap out of me. hope it stops... it did that before but i had gone off the pill at that time. now i'm on the pill again i dunno why it's doing that... and i really hope it's not the same cuz last time it lasted 3 weeks

/endrant

today i only have to go to school for an hour, which is nice, and it's the last time i'll have to go there til April! i'm also starting week 3 of Body Revolution and gonna attempt workout 3 for the first time, so i'm a little bit scared!

oh and about the "famous people" (as bea asked) they are Simon and Martina, the live in Korea and run a website called eatyourkimchi.com when they post youtube videos about life in Korea and k-pop music. originally they were just there to teach english (like i am doing in Japan) but their blog became so popular that they could just live off the money from the youtube ad revenue and just make videos full time! how cool is that?! plus they are really funny and cute. anyways, i like them and it was cool to meet them!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #104
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Hi Girls!

I used to be a regular poster and haven't been here in a long time. I was reading up on people in the thread and see a few familiar names. I am on the tail end of the loss journey but need some support to get to where I want to be! Sounds like a great group going here and that you all are working super hard . A little background, I am a mom of 2 and a teacher, married to an awesome hubby, and I am a workout-aholic lol! Hope to get to know you all better and have a great night!

Mini Goal 1: Healthy BMI 154 lbs. MET: 9/1/11
Mini Goal 2: Hello 140s! MET: 10/27/11
Mini Goal 3: Run a mile under 7 minutes MET:
Mini Goal 4: hello 130s! MET:7/2012

One for every 5 lbs. lost!!!!!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #105
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

bea- yeah its F***ing expensive to be allergic to things >.< But they are amazing, so at least they work. Congrats on being able to drive and not having a nasty surprise on the scales!

kawaii- haha he means he's going to fap. A lot Sorry, I was going to them because i am allergic to many many things, not as bad as anaphylaxis or anything, but enough that I need to take a high dose of antihistamines twice a day to feel close to normal. My immunologist is going to do desensitisation therapy- basically, injecting a small amount of the allergic thingers to make it so you eventually dont react to things. Hopefully, it will be life changing lol, but even a small improvement would be life changing haha. I love going to see him because (a) he listens to you and (b) he explains things to you and (c) he doesnt lose your blood test results or confuse you with your sister or prescribe totally irrelevant drugs with nasty side effects. Which makes him completely different to my old GP!!!! Not that i've been struggling with this all my life or anything :P Also, eating at night + fake period, could be something in it regarding the weight? Personally I dont think eating at night makes big enough a difference, BUT if you are eating at night IN ADDITION to what you normally eat, then it could do

munster- congrats on your progress so far! How old are your children? I come from a family of teachers, are you in the US? What's the ed system like there?

Today I am CRANKY. I have no idea why, but someone's going to get it lol. I think its because I've been holding out for the weekend since Monday, and now that it's thursday afternoon, I realise my weekend is full and busy ARG. I think I just need some quiet time (haha like thats going to happen!). But in more positive news, I found out my gym is running a proper yoga class on Sat mornings which is free for members, so maybe I will go along to that. Although at the moment, I do feel that boxing would be more satisfying!

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.