3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~* February Chat Thread *~

Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #76
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I'm not feeling well today! My tummy is hurting but I weighed in today and I am down 3 lbs!

It's funny how that scale can make you feel 10x better! I feel like I can actually reach my goal of onederland by my birthday. It would be a wonderful birthday present to myself. I will be the big 21!

ONEderland by my birthday (March 27th) MET 3/21!!

1 for every 10 lbs lost.

Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #77
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Hotaru: I have a few tiny man friends. They are all shorter than me at 5foot7inches tall and all weight about 135pounds. It makes me feel like a giant. I completely understand. Hope you're feeling better!!

Kawaii: I am trying to wear more of my heals too. But it's kind of difficult because if I am going out somewhere I am normally out with my bf who is about a half inch shorter than me. And he kind of frowns everytime I try them on. hahaha! No male ego there!!

KissKiss: They both sound really great!!

Peach: Go you!!!

Icon: Yay!! Congrats! Glad everything went perfectly!!

SoftSpeaker: Yay 3 pounds.. sorry you aren't feeling well!

-----------------------

Well, I have had a very.... unproductive weekend. Didn't get much of my pile of homework done and didn't get to workout very much at all. My bf's birthday was Thursday and Friday I had a huge pile of hw due. Saturday he begged to go iceskating (he's soon to be in club hockey) . I haven't been iceskating in years and was very uncomfortable. He could tell I was not happy and kept saying if you don't want to be here we can leave. And at that point it's kind of like, ok, I just paid $20 for this, we are freaking staying the 2 hours. And it got to the point that it was either tell him to shut up or lose my concentration and faceplant and then lose a finger because someone skates on it (is that an irrational fear, am I the only person that happens to?) So he huffed off leaving me in a dust of iceshavings and I stumbled to a corner to cry. lol Got it together and got back out there and had a lot of fun after we conversed. This relationship **** sucks! I didn't fall once, he fell twice bruising his knee and taking down a 12 year old. I learned you burn about 800 calories an hour iceskating so I didn't ruin the entire weekend. Though I probably did with the food!!! I snacked a lot and we had a lot of meals out(Outback/ Chinese/ somewhere else?) and I had donuts with him to replace his bday cake. blahh! And my wii batteries died and I kept forgetting to get new batteries so tomorrow morning I will know the end result. : ( I def. don't feel any lighter.
If I wasn't having surgery Friday I would def want to go iceskating again this weekend before losing the skill I picked up. Oh!! I bought Just Dance ABBA!!! Going to try it tomorrow. I am very excited! Hope everyone's nights are swell!!

**Checked my weight this morning. And I have gained 7 pounds. I am so mad at myself. Because I knew it would happen and I did it anyways. Having my period is probably also contributing. But I am still very not happy. So. I am 236.some pounds. I am going to the gym and I am going to try not to punish myself. But this is why I need to check my weight every day and not once a week.

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-13-2013 at 10:51 AM.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #78
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/205

Height: 5'5

kisskiss~ Sounded like a fun weekend! How did your date go last night with Guy B?

peach~ I am the same way, I start obsessing so I might cut back to only weighing in weekly because my weight fluctuates SO MUCH day to day. Also are you currently traing for a half maratho? I want to do that once I get a 10K under my belt!

IconisedGhost~ Congrats on your marriage! You said military, are you or is he in the military, and what branch? My husband and I were married in September and then had a full ceremony with family and friends who couldn't make it to our JOP in December. We are taking our honeymoon in the summer. And yes, the number on the scale can make quite the difference in your day!

This week is going really well eating wise and exercise wise. I have been pushing through week 2 of P90X and really working hard. I can tell I am retaining water like mad though thanks to Mexican last night, I stand under my caloric goal but I know that food was loaded with sodium. Regardless, this week should prove to be a decent loss, and I hope consistent losses in near future. We shall see!

Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #79
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

beahawkins : I hate iceskating! I also have that fear of having my finger cut by a blade if I fall (so does that mean it's not irrational if there are two of us?). All I remember from ice skating was the cold, and how I kept trying to concentrate so I wouldn't fall. 7 pounds? I think may be water weight, especially since ice skating can be quite the workout...

Pink Hurricane : I typo'd that, our date is on Thursday not Tuesday. V-day. But we both said we are not putting all that pressure of v-day cause I mean, it's only a second date. But omg I'm excited!!
yay on getting through p90x, that's tought ;0. yum, mexican food....must not think of that...

Iconised Ghost: Congrats on your wedding/honeymoon! how exciting!

Softspeaker: are you feeling any better?
_____
how is everyone else doing? I'm still walking on a cloud...

Last edited by kisskiss : 02-13-2013 at 03:01 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #80
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hey guys! I'm feeling loads better.

Especially since a guy sent me flowers and chocolates today in the mail! Gosh I was so embarrassed. >.<

ONEderland by my birthday (March 27th) MET 3/21!!

1 for every 10 lbs lost.

Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #81
bee

KissKiss: We will say it's not irrational... even if it might be a little bit. Haha.
I am hoping it is water weight. I might die if it's not lol. Have fun on your date tomorrow!

Soft Speaker: Glad you're feeling better! I bet the flowers and candy were adorable!!!

---------------------------------

Well, today was a nice day off. Went to the gym at 10am and it was 50degrees. Looked out the window and hour later and the world was covered in snow. And I was wearing capri workout pants. 3 hours later it all melted!!

I ordered tickets for the She & Him concert this June! I am beyond excited!! Going to knock out some junky spanish homework!! Have an awesome night.

Getting ready for my surgery on Friday! Can't wait to get this junky gallbladder out!!
I am at 15 miles for the month of February!! So another 20 to go. Hope I can meet the goal while in recovery.

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-13-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #82

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

softspeaker: yeah, damn that scale!!! it can bring us happiness or take it away in an instant! lol! glad to know you feel better! oooh, and flowers, yay!!

bea: oh no! that's too bad! you should wear them anyways... lol. i can't wear heels around my man either because, although he's 6'2", he walks incredibly fast! i am always panting after him going "baby, slow down!" i swear to god it's like he's on a mission to get somewhere! even if we're just having a pointless walk checking out shops... lol. aww... i'm sure it's not 7 "real" pounds!! hang in there! your ice skating story made me laugh though, and i actually really wanna go ice-skating with the boy on friday! i haven't been in years and it seems like a cute thing to do for v-day haha. (we're not hanging out today cuz i gotta go to work in the afternoon, and he has work tonight, so... )

hey guys!!

well, yesterday was a weird day for me... but i think it has also been a nsv in a way so i wanted to tell you guys. first off, i slept terribly the night between tuesday and wednesday. i slept for only about 6 hours, but i woke up at least 6 times to use the bathroom, so it's not really good sleep when you keep waking up, you know (before you say "wtf?!" i have a bladder problem and i always wake up several times a night to go pee... hence the ever-present bags under my eyes... though 6 is a lot even for me...). so i woke up to go to work feeling really tired. and sometimes, when i'm that tired, i get a "fake cold" which means i just start sneezing and my nose gets runny, and that basically just lasted all day, draining all my energy. on top of that, bf was being all ignory all day and that made me mad/sad, then he mailed me back just "i'm out" and i got pissed off at him for being all vague and avoidy, and i started crying like a crazy person when i got home (i'm not giving you all the details and the situation is delicate but i was probably/definitely over-reacting)

but anyways, some of my students had given me little bags of chocolate for valentine's day (it's a thing here. girls are supposed to give chocolates to boys they like, though sometimes they make them for friends too, or teachers they like) and i ate them on the train. then i was like "i'm so angry/sad that i'm gonna go buy more chocolate when i get home!!!" so when i finally got to my station, although i did buy one tiny sugarless chocolate bar, i basically had to wrestle with myself psychologically and ended up buying a shi*tload of fruits, and i got home and ate my tiny chocolate bar and an apple with peanut butter, and a carton of strawberries. then i passed out at 7pm and slept until 9am. lol.

bf is not angry or mad at me. i feel stupid. scale is down.

the moral of the story is. sleep is important, people!!!!! lol.

hope everyone is having a nice valentines' day! tell us your stories! like i mentioned before, bf and i our taking our celebration to the 15th because he's working tonight and i get paid tomorrow (and although it's not very romantic, i pretty much always have to pay for my stuff since he's a poor college student and i have a real job, so... ).

KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #83
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Kawaii- thanks! I'm sure your boyfriend's luck will turn one day. If there is any justice in the world, it will. Sorry about the whole sleep deprivation thing, glad it all ended up being over nothing though

Soft- sorry you aren't feeling well, but congrats on your loss, hope you feel better soon!

bea- thanks! and no, that is not an irrational fear, I also have it and I say it is totally reasonable so there. Hope your surgery isnt too serious and you recover well. Dont sweat the 7 lbs (or rather, do!), I'm pretty sure its hard to gain that much in a short period of time, so it's more likely just a bit of bloating due to the eating and period, plus a small gain, dont beat yourself up too much

Pink- sorry, it was just a phrase of speech! Neither of us are actually in the military, we were just militant about the organisation! Where are you going to honeymoon?

kisskiss- thanks!

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #84

S/C/G: 190/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Woo! Lots of catching up to do. *cracks knuckles*

Kawaii- I also suck at wearing heels! I used to be better at it when I worked at JCPenney, but now my feet are not used to it anymore. Which sucks, because there are some really cute heeled shoes I want! YAY for wearing boyfriend-shirt! and for a bad day! Did you follow all of that?

kisskiss- woo hoo, look at you, Miss Two Dates! How did dinner go with Guy B?

peachflesh- Hiii!

MRS. Iconised Ghost- Congratulations!! I hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon. Welcome back to reality lol.

Soft Speaker-Congratulations on the 3 lb loss, and happy almost birthday! Awww flowers and chocolates...so sweet! (I'm assuming you know the guy, and he's not some random stalker? That would be creepy then.)

Bea- Brave gal! I'm too chicken to go ice skating. Not only am I clumsier than anything, I too have a fear of losing fingers! Also, I'm insanely jealous that you had snow and I don't! Share some with meeee! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! And TAKE IT EASY!! Don't hurt yourself trying to get back to activity too fast.

Nothing exciting going on here. My diploma finally came in the mail, so I can officially say I have a Bachelor's degree! Now if only a job offer would ALSO come in the mail.... I wish.

I scheduled my eating for the day, to keep me from eating all of my calories by 3pm, and I'm dyyyyying for my snack. Which is silly, since I had breakfast at 10, and it's a quarter to noon. Head hunger! Fortunately, my snack is scheduled for noon anyway, so it works out.

Oh! Side thought. Bea, are you still having tummy trouble? I remember reading a thread from you a week or so ago, and somebody mentioned chia seeds. I went to GNC and picked up 2 bags (buy 1 get 1 half) and have been eating them with my yogurt for breakfast. I've noticed a difference in just a couple of days of eating 2 tbsp. Have you thought about trying them? Apparently they're super healthy, too, lots of protein and fiber, obviously, but Omega-3s also. [/end side thought]

I hope everybody has a wonderful Valentine's Day (or, "I Have to Buy My Own Stinking Chocolate Because I'm Single" Day, as I like to call it ) and a great rest of the week.

to ALL!

Let's try this again!
Losing a regain of 31 pounds: 8.0/31 gone
Mini Goal 1 (again): 180.0
Plan: South Beach vegetarian
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #85
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/205

kisskiss~ Ohhhh well have a lot of fun tonight!! Oh and I love P90X, it's a 90 day exercise program that is pretty tough but a lot of fun. I'm on week 2, and it is kicking my butt soreness wise, and I have to modify many of the moves, but I know it's going to pay off!

Iconised~ Hahaha okay cool! My husband is in the military which is why I saw your figure of speech as was all like 'awesome!' haha. We are planning on taking our honeymoon in the summer and go to Bora Bora! I have a list of places I want to visit, and have been out of the country once. My husband asked me for the list, and Bora Bora is near the top and is the top tropical destination that I've wanted to go to since I was a kid. He picked that one, so we are saving up and heading out to enjoy a week there in the summer time!

Not happy with the scale this morning, going to assume my body needs more time to adjust but if I don't see a change by the end of next week then it's going to be time to get another input in what is going on. I know I have a family history of thyroid issues but I don't think I would have trouble with my thyroid. Before I jump to conclusions I want to give my body more time to adjust. I think as long as I stay consistent and directly on plan, things should turn out fine.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #86
bee

Kawaii: I think that's just a guy thing, the whole walking fast. All of my ex's and the current bf walk like they are running from something... Haha I am glad you found my story humorous... I am so not a drama queen. ha! I get fake cold's too! Mine are more chest colds. If I don't get enough protein or water or sleep all of my asthma systems creep up. And don't feel weird about paying for dates. I pay for a lot of ours too.. except for the opposite reason. I have extra money in my student loan budget whereas in order for him to afford dates he goes to the plasma donation center because he is paid so crapily at his job. I think I wear my heals more this summer. Most of my heals are summer wear because I am so clumsy that I stick to flats in the winter because I know I will fall, not completely my fault.... it's icy here! lol

Iconized Ghost: Thanks for the luck on the surgery. It shouldn't be too bad. Most of the weight was water lol. Hope you're doing well!

Penmage: Iceskating isn't as bad as it sounds. You just have to get the hang of the balance and momentum... which can get stressful lol. Thanks for the luck!! And or the tips on chia seeds. I am been looking at the 3 health food stores around here and none of them offer them!! I hope there's a GNC the only one I know of was at a sad little mall in my hometown and I'm not sure it is still there! The last time I was there there were 4 stores left? I actually told my bf not to buy me chocolate and I would throw it away if he did... haha!

------------------------------------------------
Well yesterday I had an interview with the hospital staff telling me to be there at 9:30am and today I received a message saying 8:45am. My mom who works in an OR says that means my surgery has been moved up : / I'm not really a morning person. And I know that's not like super early but ehhhhh..... I guess if it means I'll get out of there sooner wth!

On a way more awesome note. My mom offered to pay for a cruise to Cuzumel this summer if we all could pay for our own plane tickets. It will be my mom, my brother (in my avatar pic) and my boyfriend. So that should be a lot of fun! I now have a summer goal to look forward to!!! Super excited!!!

Also, my bf and I decided (well more talked about) training for some type of race together. So, that should be a lot of fun. I really need him to get into working out. Lol. Because he wants to hang out sooooo much and it takes out of my work out time when he and I are walking the mall or watching t.v. So, this way we are actually doing something that can help me and help him too. He's ALWAYS complaining about not being in shape but he never really does anything to change it. So hopefully this good workout attitude sticks!!

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-15-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #87

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

icon: thanks! the sleep-deprivation thing keeps on going though :/ this morning i woke up super early, but since i knew i had to get up again in little over an hour, my brain just started working furiously and my body refused to go back to sleep! gah!

penmage: haha, yeah, i got that, thanks i know, i see some shop girls here wearing crazy heels all day and i'm thinking "how do they do it?!" i guess it just takes practice... yay for getting your degree!!

bea: haha, really? i've had boyfriends who walked normally... this guy is just on super speed or something! lol. oh that makes me feel better. i often pay more on dates. i don't mind, i know i have the money, but i feel lame, and cuz i'm older, i don't want it to look like i'm a "sugar mama", you know? but yeah. actually, that's funny cuz i'm the opposites! i have renaud's disease in my feet sometimes so i can't wear flats in the winter (well, like ballerina shoes) cuz my feet get numb cuz it's too cold, but actually heeled boots are easier for me to walk in! but yeah, i'm definitely gonna practice so i can wear cute sandals in the summer! XD and wow, a cruise! that sounds super awesome!!!

ok, you guys, i know this has nothing to do with weightloss, but i have to tell someone (and for reasons that i don't really wanna get into, i can't share this on facebook so...). I just learned that my bf has been accepted to go study abroad in France from next August. he just told me today and i was so shocked. honestly, he didn't fit the profile of what he was applying for so i thought he'd be rejected. i know it's still many months away, but it means he's gonna have to make a big decision about "us", and either way, come the end of july, i'm either gonna be saying goodbye forever, or for a whole freakin year.

in other matters we still managed to have a pretty nice v-day date. couldn't go skating though cuz it rained, and i ingested a very inappropriate amount of food, gah...!

KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #88
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

penmage: you got your diploma in the mail! what are you talking about, that is super exciting I felt so official when I received mine. My date went so good!! Had a great time. i don't want to be that girl. But I am seriously for this guy. he is awesome. no other way I can describe him.

Pink Hurricane:
Bora bora in the summer sounds like a lot of fun! I need to take a trip like that.

beahawkins:
I'm so jealous! all you girls have awesome summer plans! I have never been on a cruise...may be I should look into it. reward for weight loss? LOL

kawaiicandie: congrats to your BF! that's pretty cool for him, but at the same time a HARD decision, I'm sure. would you consider moving out there with him?
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #89
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116/this is fine

Kawaii You could teach Quebecois French there!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #90
bee

Kawaii: yeah... like all of them except 1... But that's because he has cerebral paulsey and he was still a fairly walker. Haha I sometimes feel like a sugar mama sometimes too. haha. Ahh the good old renauds! My family has a history but it skipped me. My brother wasn't so lucky. When he was in highschool soccer he had to wear multiple socks and a gloves and at half time his lips would be blue... On the shoes I would suggest B.O.C. Peggy's. My mom has terrible circulation and they seem to help a lot and some of the prints are adorable. (I bought her leopard print for Christmas) But they are completely waterproof and some have fuzzy insides. Sorry about the big decision. :/ Hope it works out for the best.

KissKiss: Thanks!! I am really excited for this summer!! Plans are not sealed. She is still looking at ideas but she likes the idea of the cruise because entertainment and food are paid for already. She also likes it because there will be so many distractions for me... I can get a bit irritable on vacations after seeing the same people too long or not getting out of the house or area long enough. I hope we do the cruise though. I've never been out of the country.

-----------------------------------------
Well, my surgery went as smooth as possible! I have been napping off and on since about 1:30 and ended getting stuck in the crook of the couch with a 15 pound cat on top of me. I had to wait until my mom came home to pull me out. lol. Ok. well. I am falling asleep while writing this so I'm out! lol

Last edited by beahawkins : 02-16-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I was groggy while writing...
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.