Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #46  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies! Wow! All of your lives seem so interesting!! I'm leading a relatively boring life in Colorado Springs, CO. But I suppose I will take boring- it allows me to focus on my task at hand- getting healthy before 2014 and baby making.

I too have a nasty head cold. I'm missing the gym and far from productive at work. -_-

Hotaruchan- mayo pizza sounds foul.

gracie- Thai cultural night sounds amazing!! Will you be able to sit in the dress? LOL. Sounds tight.

Kawaii- Are you in a long distance relationship?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #47  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Oh goodness, I am starting to be a scale junkie. Gotta stop looking at it on a daily basis! It's like an itch. I just have to check!!

My goal is to only look at it once a week. >.<
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #48  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys,

Sad day here in my household. We had to put our almost 17-year-old cat to sleep today. He had huge stomach tumors and was very uncomfortable. I have been in kind of a crappy mood all day because of it. I decided to have a decent-sized meal in his honor (because as you can imagine with tumors in his stomach it was very hard for him to eat). And likewise, I will have a huge workout in his honor too. Sounds like an odd combination, but hey, we all deal with grief in different ways, I suppose. He was a good ol' kitty and I will miss him.

In less depressing news, found out that I am no longer plus-sized (at least according to the oversized spandex-y jeans that seem to be trendy nowadays) and I fit into a size 16 skinny jean with tons of room to spare in the waist. I would have gotten them had they not been $70 for one pair. Oh well, next time I will have enough money and will have gone down a size.

My mom also got me some Betsey Johnson earrings and a matching necklace for Valentine's Day, plus a pair of ballet flats and some fingerless gloves so I can type my notes without my hands freezing off. (I live in a basement apartment and it is freezing down there all the time.) I am very excited and have been wearing all the accessories whenever I can.

-----
Bea- Good luck on the interview and on getting your gallbladder out. It's a lot less invasive these days as they only do a few small incisions as opposed to a large one. My mom had her gallbladder out and was fine in a week or two.

Soft- I know what you mean, I'm constantly trying to weigh myself and am forever hassled since my mom's scale is old and is calibrated horribly. I usually end up going to the gym and just accepting the weight it gives me.

Hotaru- Mayo pizza??? Ewwers. That sounds just as bad as getting a burger and fries in Germany where they seem to think that mayo is tasty on both the burger and fries. I have had some amazing pizza in Italy, though. Sorry to hear you're having a time of it, the homeroom teacher sounds a little mental, to say the least.

Kawaii- Sorry to hear your day didn't go well. I understand where you're coming from. I hope things get better for you soon. But on the upside, way to go with the sweater looking better. I love brightly colored sweaters myself, and hope to get me a bright coral one next season or a mint green.

Kaelah- Way to go you!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #49  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

namaste- So sorry to hear about your kitty.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

gracie: that sounds exciting! and the party sounds like huge fun... be sure to show us a pic of you in that dress!! yeah, i love japan and would stay here forever if i could... i really must get cranking on studying japanese if i wanna do that though... lol.

hotaru: oh dear... well, at least it's over!! why is it that they always give us the worst class at the end of the day, too? at least you could get it over with early this time around... i am also in the grips of TOM and he's messing with my head... lol. hang in there!

lunarsongbird: no i'm not in a long distance relationship... well, except for the fact that bf lives at the total edge of tokyo and it's a 45min train ride to here... haha. but i see him about once a week, which is pretty "normal" for j-couples, apparently. he's pretty busy all the time, so meh. i'm just really anal about him mailing me, and he's pretty stupid about it cuz he doesn't get the point. men.

softspeaker: i've been weighing in every day too, haha. i know i probably shouldn't but i've been seeing tiny losses every day this week so i can't help it! haha. it's not so bad as long as you don't let it affect your mood too much.

kisskiss: they put mayo on everything here! so weird! usually mayon and corn together... lol. it IS possible to get real pizza here, but it's quite rare, and usually pretty expensive...

namaste: sorry about your kitty but yay for new smaller pants! yeah, i love color too! and omg... pastel coral and mint green are my faaaaavorite colors for this spring! they're really trending over here i've got a few already, eheh. i really want this pair of super chunky high heels that i saw in mint green... could never walk in them, mind you but i WANT them!!! lol.

hey guys! woke up with a headache this morning... thank you TOM!! though it seems to be better now. I don't have work today so it's gonna be a chill day. gonna be day 2 of doing Body Revolution, and if i'm not too lazy i'll try to pop into the gym as well. i might go out for drinks with friends tonight, though it's not sure cuz i'm pretty broke. haha. oh yeah, and my scale keeps going down!! tiny little increments everyday, but still!! 169.5 this morning!! *happy dance*

happy friday everyone!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #51  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

This week has been nothing short of insane at work and I am beyond tired by the time I get home and get to spend a little time with my husband before he goes to work. I am so glad the weekend is almost here since we are both off on weekends and get to spend that time together. I am going to start waking up earlier in the morning to exercise before work so no matter how crazy my day gets, I was able to take care of myself regardless.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #52  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Yeah, mayonnaise pizza. I was teaching 2nd graders food today and explained to them that that's not considered okay in America and their little eyes all bugged out of their heads :P They tend to put mayonnaise on tons of stuff here. I couldn't stand it in America, and I certainly don't want it ruining my takoyaki here. I asked one of my principals about it once and he claims it's because after WWII there wasn't a lot of food, but mayonnaise was cheap and had a lot of calories, so people would put it on food to supplement calories. I asked why they still do it when everyone and their mother seems to weigh about 40 kg full grown and yet they still all want to lose weight and he laughed and told me in English that he likes mayonnaise.

About to go battle the wind to get to the train station...some of my friends convinced me that clubbing in Tokyo was a good idea even though the trip is an @ss-pain and a half for me and I hate dancing. Still not sure how they managed it...I had to walk my bike home from school because I was sitting on it and pedaling, but not moving at all. Look Ma, I made a stationary bike!

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 02-08-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #53  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Gracie: That's awesome! I've been to PA a couple times... Once to this musical festival somewhere past Amish Country lol. It was awful. lol That sounds like a really fun party!

Soft Speaker: I love being a scale junkie. As long as you don't let it make you crazy. But the number helps me stay on track.

KissKiss: That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Namaste: I am sorry for the loss of your cat. : / I am not too worried about the surgery. More that I won't be able to workout as hard as usual for a few weeks. Thanks though. I am just really tired of the pain it's been causing!

Kawaii: I am glad I am not the only one addicted to clothes. I love to go shopping but I will only buy it if it is in goal size and it is less $10. lol. Or if I know it can easily be taken in when I hit goal size. Or if it's just really really cute. I have surprisingly been really good about not buying too much the last few months. Then again, I buy a lot online and then return it, just to see if I like it lol... wow. I have a problem : )

Pink Hurricane: Good luck on your morning workouts!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope everyone is doing well!!

I will be doing a bit of running around if my boyfriend will ever wake up. lol. I should probably go without him. It will take him forever to actually wake up, take a shower, get ready and drive the 20 mins to my place. He takes forever!! After that, I get to write a couple papers, do a geology assignment and quiz and a com theory quiz. So much fun! But tomorrow we are going to see Warm Bodies for his bday so that should be fun! lol
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #54  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

namaste984 : So sorry to hear about your cat

Pink Hurricane : I've had the opposite. My week at work has been very chill. But still, TGIF! I have my date tonight. So nervous!! what are your plans for this weekend?

Hotaruchan:

how was the club? I'm not much of a club person, but clubbing in a different country does sound exciting. hope you had fun <<hah there was not dancing emoticon so I just put this one up

________
I'm so happy that it's Friday. First, I weighed in at 189! I love when I cross into a new middle number on the scale. also, I have my date tonight. I'm pretty excited but nervous too. happy friday everyone!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #55  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

bea: you sound like you have a very productive day today! How long do you run for? I ran a few days a week for most of last summer, but I never really got into it. I know some people who love it, and they become 'free' but Nope I've never had that reaction lol
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #56  

pinkhurricane: have a good weekend! good luck with the waking up early part... i've never been able to do that...

hotaruchan: wow, that is the first time i've heard the reason behind all the mayonnaise!!!! eye-opening! lol. oh and, you came to tokyo and did not tell me!!!! which club did you go to?

bea: oh, i KNOW i have a problem!! haha... i try not to buy goal-size clothes though, because i've done that before, and obviously never got there, so it ended up being just wasted money, but then again, i've bought clothes (or more likely shoes...) that fit and that i just almost never wear. lol. i have seriously too many clothes. and the sad part is, i got rid of about half my wardrobe last year when i moved... i have about 50 pairs of shoes.... lol! good luck with your run!!

kisskiss: congrats about switching decades! tell us about your date!

Hiya guys! today is saturday, i'm getting ready to do the cardio workout from Body Revolution so i hope it's not discusting (i hate cardio) since the other two first workouts have been pretty easy. today is my cheat day and i'm meeting up with the bf later and cooking him dinner! ^_^

this morning scale was 168.9!! i was surprised cuz i felt a little "heavy" after my dinner last night... plus i can't believe my weight has been going down all through TOM!! we'll see if today's cheat will be able to put a dent in my progress, haha...

happy weekend, all!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #57  
IP Start 02/17/2015

S/C/G: 265/230/150

Okay, is it just because I'm Canadian (with roots to French Canada), that mayo sounds delicious on everything? Not that I'd touch it now, mind you, but yeah. Mayo and fries, here, is a thing.

That, and fries dipped in ice cream. And smothered in cheese curds and gravy. Yeah, we're weird. As an entire country. XD

Last edited by LaughingLagomorph; 02-08-2013 at 09:40 PM.
LaughingLagomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #58  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Sorry, Kawaii it was a last minute "We're going out, can you make it?" kind of thing, and I was feeling people-deprived We went to Club Asia in Shibuya, and I was less than impressed. I couldn't hear a thing, there were some grabby guys, and the staff confiscated my purse and told me that I could either pay 500 yen to claim it on the spot and leave or 3000 yen to check it then retrieve it without a ticket later. I'm really not a club person in general, but the staff was being really rude and no one was dancing except us, the other gaijin, and (temporarily) anyone that one of my friends grabbed and forced to dance). I'm not generally into clubbing, so I've only been to one other (down in Osaka) and found that much more enjoyable because it wasn't just a few gaijins and a go-go dancer or two on stage actually trying to enjoy themselves.

I'm glad that I don't have a scale right now, since, while I DID spend a good 4 hours dancing following 3 hours of walking around Tokyo and a full day of jumping around with 2nd graders, we also had Mosburger for dinner (could have been worse since I got the salad set, but my mouth tasted salty for hours after), sugary drinks, and little izakaya munchies while waiting for the train station to open in the morning. I figured that I go out rarely enough that one night probably wouldn't hurt, but I'm probably holding water like a sponge.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 02-09-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #59  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

KissKiss: My running around was more like going to the mall and doing errands. I don't really run unless I am on the Arc machine at the gym lol

Kawaii: Yeah I can understand that. Though, I have had to get rid of a lot of my shoes. I buy new shoes and then end up wearing the old ones until wayyyy past their prime because I love them and then replace them, but their replacements aren't as good as the others. even if the sole of the shoe comes off. Haha.

LaughingLagomoprh: I'm not sure if it's a Canadian thing, but I'm not a huge fan. lol

Hotaru: Clubs around here always seem to have rude employees and handsy people. : / Hope you had some fun.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #60  

hotaru: oh, i've never been to Asia... shame it was so sucky. i always go to Atom, which is literally across the street from Asia and it is always packed, and it always has lotsa people dancing, and they play pop songs (lady gaga, beyonce, big bang...) which i really love since a lot of clubs here tend to play techno-y crap... plus, there is always a ration of like 80-20 males to females... LOL! that's so weird about your purse too. every club i've ever been to in Japan has had lockers that you can use for 300yen, but more often than not i've always kept my purse with me and never given any trouble for it... the only thing they can get anal with is if you have any meds on you... be it headache tablets or contraceptive pill, they'll ask you to check it with them (for free). i'm sorry you had such a crappy time though. i'll make a mental note to never go there!!

bea: eheh, yeah, if i have a pair i love i'll wear them til they die, basically, and then i have like 30 more pairs which are still like new cuz i almost never wear them. lol. these days, i am forcing myself to wear heels as often as i can cuz i wanna train myself to be able to wear really high ones!! i suck at wearing high heels, and it's one of my resolutions for this year to learn to do it! lol.

morning guys! although, it's like 2pm already! lol. but i slept til like 12:30 so... i'm up 1kg this morning! woot! cheat day wasn't terribly bad. bf had to leave earlier than expected, so we did lunch instead of dinner, which means i was left to my own devices for dinner... however, i was still too stuffed from lunch so i ended up just snacking on a few things. honestly, i shoulda just left it there but i was like "it's my cheat day! i must at least eat SOME crap!" lol. so i went to the convenience store and bought a few things... ice cream and chocolate... i didn't even eat that much. it didn't taste very good either. i ended up eating an apple with some peanut butter. lol.

today bf is running a freakin marathon! lol. he didn't even train for it... what a silly boy... he's doing it with his colleagues from work that basically roped him into it. i wanted to go cheer him but he basically convinced me that it would be very boring and that he wouldn't have time for me so meh. plus it was early. lol. i'm jealous of how fit he is though. yesterday, he was doing push-ups in my house in his underwear... lol! and he was looking so hot! haha. i can't even do girl push-ups properly... oh! but in other matters, i guess this counts as a somewhat nsv... after he'd gone to shower, i decided to put on his dress shirt and was prancing around in front of the mirror wearing it. he was laughing at me and i was like "in the movies, chicks always wear the boy's shirt like this!". granted, it wasn't all loose and sexy like in the movies, it was pretty tight, but a) my bf is a skinny japanese dude, not a big white guy so his shirt was an M, and b) i'm still nowhere near as small as those girls in the movies, but i was still pretty chuffed that i was standing there wearing his shirt! lol.