Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #1  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default January Chat Thread

Hey everyone! Hope your holidays were great! Now that they are all done! I am ready to start back on my schedule and get it together before my break is over. It's so weird, I only do well when I check in here daily!! Blah you all keep me in line!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #2  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Bea- You beat me to making the thread, I was stalling on my submit and got side tracked. I deleted my post there, eventually it will fade to the bottom! Welcome back! We will all do better this year!

Its 2013! I can honestly said I ended 2012 with a bang. Scale said 199.8 twice this morning! I lost about 10-12 lbs in December! Im not hitting the Onderland threads just yet, since I did enjoy dinner today. Im confident that January is going to be just as good!!!! Me and some family members have challenge going on. Everybody puts in 25 and who ever looses the most for the month, wins the challenge! Im going to be 75- 100 richer come January 31st! I got a new scale this weekend since my old one had an untimely death thanks to my boyfriend. The new one is very detailed, gives a suggested calorie intake and gives body fat. My body fat is about 45 %, which is way higher than I expected. Another great thing is all the new recipes I have found on Pinterest!! OMG

My goals for this month are simple.

1. I would like to follow a meal plan along with staying within my daily calorie intake.

2. I would like to get to the gym 3-4x a week and stay for at least 45 mins( 30 min cardio, 15 strength)

3. I would like to get 13k steps everyday this month ( starting tomorrow)

4. Win my family and friends money!

5. Lose a minimum of 8lbs.
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #3  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Lisa- CONGRATS for getting under 200! What an awesome start to the new year! I know you will kick some butt in 2013!

Bea- Welcome back!

Kawaii- The NYE party was great! Did a lot of bowling and games and had myself a good time!

------
OMiGosh I am so full tonight. My parents took my fiancé and I to this ritzy pasta restaurant for a New Years celebration. We are supposed to go out tomorrow but I'm probably going to gracefully bow out or maybe not eat as much. My parents like to eat out a lot, but it's never someplace healthy. :P Thankfully though, I'm not touching any more food tonight. Not so thankfully, I'm almost positive I will see a gain.

We also went by the ski resort near St Louis, where my sister and my mom ski, but I usually do the Polar Plunge, which is tubing down a huge hill. It is great fun, although it carries a significant risk of injury, lol. I've seen a few people hit their head or other body parts.

And I will also go buy books for my next semester at the community college. I want to keep up my 4.0 for the next semester, since I'm a little too ambitious for my own good sometimes. I hope to get accepted into the official program in February so that I can start more HIT-related courses.

Headed to the gym tomorrow. I've been working out a few times this week but I'm looking forward to going back after limited hours today.

Have a great evening all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: that's great! congrats! also your family challenge thing sounds awesome! i wish someone would give me money for my weight loss, haha...

namaste: aww... i miss tubing! we used to go to this place that was like a ski resort except only for tubing when i was a kid! such fun! plus it'll be a good workout too

I am having a chill day today. I met up with my friend from my old city this morning, before her train back, and now i'm just gonna stay home and do nothing. lol. i slept really badly last night so i'm not really in an anything kinda mood. actually, it's been like 5 days in a row that, i wake up to pee in the middle of the night, then go back to bed and can't fall back to sleep for 30+ minutes. except this morning i couldn't fall back asleep at all :/ i dunno what's wrong with me. getting up for the toilet is nothing new, but i usually go right back to sleep no problem. meh

other than that, i decided i was gonna give the 30DS another go and try to do it everyday in jan! i did it once last night so i'll have to do it again tonight! i guess it's good since the gym is closed until next weekend. this way i can't laze-out of my working-out routine

i didn't weigh-in this morning even though i was good all day yesterday. still worried about my NYE binge. lol. we'll see tomorrow!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hellooooo peoples!

I'm back and ready to kick butt. Nov/Dec were maintenance months I guess....and now I'm ready to start again. I DO look different even though I weigh a bit more...kinda weird, fat re-arranging? Went to my friend's wedding yesterday for NYE and it was a blast! took some pretty photos too, which is a rarity, I'm pretty pleased compared to last year's photos. I attached one to demonstrate.

Anyway, with 5 weeks to my dress shopping I am kicking into high gear, here's hoping for at least 10lbs by then!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chilly.jpg (71.1 KB, 41 views)
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all!
Just checking in to say hi.
It's cold and rainy here... Zero motivation to do anything physical :-(

I haven't really made any goals specific to January, but I'm always working on my next
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hey everyone! It's really hot here! Went for a swim today in the sea My goals for this month are
(a) get married
(b) dont f*** it up!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #8  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Hi guys...I'm recuperating from what went from no plans at all to a super hectic 3 day New Year's celebration @_@ I'm a little scared to see the scale, but I'm going to head out to the onsen tomorrow and weigh in just to see how much damage was done in 3 nights of drinking with crazy people.

If we're posting goals, I can't really make a scale one since I still haven't replaced mine, but I'm going for
1. Waking up 15 minutes early and starting the day with a workout. I'm going to try to do one before bed too, but we'll see how motivated I actually end up being.
2. Going to sleep before midnight every day
3. Not eating any conbini snacks. No. Bad. Ignore the Daily Yamazaki next door.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Daily Yamazaki sucks anyway!

I've put on 2-3 holiday pounds which I'd like to lose. I will return to "normal" eating and my weight should sort itself out.

My next goal I guess is to look great mostly-naked for the Movement Electronic Music Festival in Detroit in May. The photos of past years involve a lot of girls in tiny neon outfits and I'd love to join their ranks!

Also summer = hiking season and I want to get myself in great shape for mountain climbing.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

beahawkins thanks for creating the thread!

Lisa I am so, so proud of you for hitting onederland! What a great accomplishment!! Those are some awesome goals. I still need to add you on fitbit. Not sure I can keep up with your 13k daily steps though! Eek!

namaste Sounds like a busy holiday! Polar Plunge sounds like so much fun.

Kawaii sorry you aren't sleeping well. I've been sleeping great, but last night I tossed and turned a lot. I think I need to buy new pillows again.

Katbot cute pic! You kind of remind me of Emily Browning (an actress)

Mozzy Oh man, me too. Motivation is so low lately.

Ghost Had to look at your location when you said it was hot! it's COLD here. 39 degrees F. Feels like 31 they say.

hotaruchan I'm always worried that I'll spell your username wrong. those look like great goals to me!

krampus I googled that music festival. Looks like fun!

I just wanted to write personals for now. I've got to get some homework done while the kiddos are napping.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Lisa Do you still have the breakfast burrito recipe from SoMuchFattitude? I went digging on 3FC but I can't find it. And I was thinking about trying to make some as a grab and go breakfast option.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #12  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

QB- It is a lot of fun! I always felt like I was going to go flying out and sliding down the ice, but I seemed to fit in the tube just fine. It was also fun to have the hot guys working the top of the hill to help ease the tube over the edge of the hill. (This was quite a bit before my fiancé and I started dating, mind, lol.)

Krampus- Ooh mountain climbing sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to go backpacking again myself, I love to hike and backpack. I would like to try another backpacking venture one of these days, though not a frame pack. Those things are a pain. Here is the one I carried (with long hair too!)

shellybackpacks.jpg

I always felt like I was carrying a small child on my back who was very fidgety.
That music festival sounds like lots of fun too.

Hotaru- Good luck with your resolutions! Don't worry about what you've done already, just resolve to kick some a$$ next time. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Kat- Your top is so pretty and you look great! It looks like you had lots of fun.
---------
Well, I survived my last official day of holiday eating by only getting one plate, without dessert, at the Indian buffet. It was really good, and not too much caloric damage was done. I'm going to work out in a little while, and pick up some library books and return the old ones. Not much else to report otherwise.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-02-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Way too many smilies... what else is new?
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/148/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I am new to this site, so would any of you mind explaining what Onderland is? It sounds like Mecca or something!
MLR0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #14  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

It is anywhere within the 100-199 range (so one hundred becomes onederland). It's the holy grail for those over 200 pounds!
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #15  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

The scale is bouncing all over the place... I'm totally confused.
I still haven't decided on January goals.
And the weather is still miserable :-(
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote