Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #16  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

What whattttt.... I am gonna get in on this chat thread. Daily check-ins! I can't emphasize how excited for 2013 I am! I am glad the end of December is over. Now to get my butt a-movin' and TCB.

This month I look forward to awesome 2013 healthy habits, not only about my body, but my MIND, man. I am working on a pretty intense budget, shopping lists, prepared meals, and squeezing in some space on my Pinterest for planning my gardens. Gotta get those seeds in by the end of February. Its going to be a delicious year!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #17  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Smashlers- Everyone here is great!!

Lisa: How did your boyfriend break your scale? And yay! Onederland!!!

Namaste: That sounds like so much fun! I am terrible at skiing, so that sounds like a good alternative. and I did the same thing today! I had my last birthday celebration so I am starting back up tomorrow after my holiday hiatus!!

Katbot: You look adorable and that dress is killer!! My December was pretty much maintenance too.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I am excited for the holidays to be over! It felt like they just dragged on and on with celebrating and blah!!! As much fun as it is, the baked goods were killing my drive! I have only slept in my bed once in 3 weeks! Ugh. So my bedroom is a huge mess from only dumping stuff. So I guess my weekend will be spent organizing everything and working out before school starts are tuesday! Which I am sooo very excited. 17 credit hours and I would love to get 4.0 this quarter. If I do I can get a campus job. I would love to be able to be a student ambassador for the school next year, you get a scholarship and a paycheck and you make your own schedule. So it would be incredible. Having a campus job in the admin area is the only way I will have the experiance I need when I start looking for a job after graduation, because I want to be in Higher education administration. So, it will be good for everything! I am so excited. lol. I will be a junior at the end of this semester. 4 years as a freshman but only one as a sophomore, so yay!!! : )
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #18  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Am so glad December is over. I had inatialy started back on my journey late November weighing in at around 152. I am so glad all the goodies I cooked last month managed to stay pretty much out of my mouth. Very proud of myself. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! I wake up everyday anxious to see how everyone is doing and motivated to continue eating healthy.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

katbot: great dress!

hotaru: lol. then don't step on the scale for a few days, haha... yeah, i keep wanting to do little workouts in the morning and before bed... for some reason, that can never happen... and stay away from the combini woman!!! the only snacks that are acceptable from there are the little veggie sticks, and dry squid or meat, if you must

krampy: you're already super foxy! so i'm sure that holiday weight gain will sort itself out

QB: yeah... i could sleep ok last night though... i should buy new pillows too!! mine are kinda crappy... but too poor right now T_T

namaste: good job at not getting dessert at the buffet!

MLR0427: welcome! yeah, Onederland is when people reach under 200lbs... but you're already there!

Mozzy: oh noes... hang in there, it'll get better!

smashlers: good luck! you can do it!

bea: good luck with all the school stuff!! yeah, i'm happy the hols are over too... it's not as crazy over here, but i've had friends visiting, which involved a lot of eating out, so... wah!

chubbiegurl: good job on not eating those goodies! i'm not sure i would have the will! lol. and happy new year too

Morning girls!!

already Thursday here... wah! so i braved the scale this morning, and it kept hovering between 80.2kg and 80.4kg (which is what it was before NYE) so i decided to count it as 80.3, which is a loss and brings me down to 177lbs. lol. i'll take all the motivation i can get! haha.

this morning my arms and butt are killing me. i decided i was gonna try and do the 30DS every day this month, and after day 2 last night i am soooo sore! XD lol. i hope it'll pass! later today i'm meeting up my Canadian friend to stroll around shin-okubo, which is Tokyo's "korea town"... then we're gonna go eat korean. i hope i can find something acceptable to eat!!

have a good day everyone!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #20  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

krampus: It's not my favorite conbini (thankfully there's no Lawson's nearby, or I'd be screwed...Karaage-kun Red is my biggest conbini downfall), but it's seriously like 200 steps outside of my apartment, so the the smell of baking bread wafts at me every time I step out.

MLR & smashlers: Welcome!

Bea: Today was a clean up and recuperate from not being home day for me too...good luck with your semester! That definitely sounds like a pretty sweet setup.

chubbiegurl: Congrats on your willpower!

Kawaii: I know...I know...but I hate the dried squid and the price on the veggies is always jacked up beyond reason. I forgot that the store closed early today because it's still a holiday and ended up needing to run to the conbini to get lunch for tomorrow (yay work...a one day work week seems so pointless). I ended up paying almost 400 yen for a pretty small salad with a little bit of tuna on it. Laaaame. Apparently a lot of people forgot about the store hours though, because the case was pretty well picked over. I was proud of myself for not grabbing the much tastier-looking (and cheaper TT^TT) katsu kare don. Keep it up with your 30 DS! You start to get used to it after a few days, so the pain doesn't linger as much

...not much to say for myself today...I mostly just did chores around the apartment. I don't have enough space to dry indoors and didn't want frozen underwear, so I ended up packing up my laundry and hauling it across town to the coin laundry to use a dryer. I've come to the conclusion that I reeeally need to do laundry more often since I ended up with 3 loads and it took like 40 minutes to fold everything (though admittedly I did have a lot of clothes that don't fit anymore that I was just washing so that I can find a recycle shop to bring them to).
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/160/119

Height: 5'4

Hey!!!
Everyone is doing so brilliantly already, its so inspiring it really pushes you on.
I put on a few pounds over Xmas and then lost them again after Xmas so I kind of hit a stalemate. My January is about new beginnings and all so I am aiming to lose at least 8 pounds so I can bring myself into the 150s!!! Fingers crossed and well done and Happy New Year everyone!!!!! :-)
Happycat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #22  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

@bea- He was not paying attention and left bath water running and it overflowed and the water shorted it out

(BELOW MAY BE TMI)

So far so good, but I am having a latereaction to New Years....scale now saying 201, but I havent had a bm in a day or two. Which is something I struggle with, im just not a regular as some people unless I have assistance ( flax seeds, colon cleanser, etc)

OK,
Other than my above issue, I think everything is good. I am going to Houston for the weekend and I am really planning to beimg at the hotel gym both Sat and Sun morning!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Kawaii I just buy the $7 pillows at Target. That way I don't feel bad if I have to buy new ones every 5 months or so.

Man, I'm glad this is a short work week. It's more hectic than usual. At least it's also a short school week!

I think I've been good on calories this week, but I haven't been on the scale.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #24  

hotaru: katsukare.... well done on picking the salad!! how lame that you have work today.... though i remember those stupid schedules when i still worked at public schools, eheh. not starting til the 9th haha, actually, i need to do laundry today too... gonna run out of undies!!

Happycat: welcome, and good luck!

QB: yeah... no Target in Japan! the ones i bought last time were like 20$ each, and they were the cheapest in the store... T_T

hey guuuuuuys! guess what?? i'm 176lbs today!!! wooooohoooo!!!! one more pound down... extremely happy!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

kawaii congrats! I'm so jelly!

QB I'm sure the scale will be good to you.

H-Chan I couldn't do the 30DS but my folks just bought us the WiiU so I'm planning to pick up a dancing/fitness game

--------------

I had a scary thing happen tonight, I got a bad migraine. First my arm went numb and tingly, then my speech slurred. Fiancé panicked and took me to ER, in ER I got auras and then, over the 2 hours I waited in the waiting room I developed nausea/headache. When I finally got a bed then put me on an IV (never had one before). And now I have an appointment to see a Neurologist.

I hope it will turn out ok
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #26  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Happycat: Good luck getting into the 150s! I definitely did the happy dance of a lifetime when I ducked out of the 160s. I'm sure that you can do it!

Lisa: I've had similar problems since I started...At this point I've resigned myself to taking a laxative once or twice a week when I start feeling uncomfortable. People think that Japanese food is super healthy, but the produce is always super limited and I never find the natural stuff with lots of fiber around...just like super-processed bran biscuits (which, while tasty, ring in at almost 350 calories if you eat both biscuits in the package).

Ballerina: I'm sure you'll be fine.

(I'm still wimping out on getting myself to a scale...partially because I don't actually want to see the reading and partially because it's REALLY F-ING COLD AND WINDY. That makes it hard to motivate myself to bike half an hour against the wind to get to the onsen that I know has a scale.)

Kawaii: Do you have any Cainz Home stores around? I think that I got my pillows for around 600 yen there and they're half decent.

Kat: That's crazy! Glad that they got you to a hospital quickly before something worse happened. Hopefully everything will turn out all right for you. *Hugs*
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #27  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Well I finally bit the bullet and forced myself to excercise. I am so outta shape lol
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #28  

kabot: omg, are you okay?! i hope everything ended up alright! i also have migraines and sometimes they're so bad that i'm really worried something else might be wrong with me, you know, but they always go away... plz take care of yourself!! i know mine tend to be stronger if i've been eating sugar... and now that i've been eating clean for two months (no sugar/carbs except on cheat days) i've basically have had none.

Hotaru: i have no idea what Cainz home is, nor have i ever seen one in my life. lol. i bought mine at Olympic, but the one near my home is small and crappy. i actually wish there was an Aeon mall around here, but i guess they're only in the inaka... lol.

Mozzy: great job! you'll get back into the swing of things!

oh man you guys... i've had such a weird day. :/

first, last night, i was pestering my bf (who has been super busy recently, he's working like crazy cuz he's trying to save up for a trip) as to when i could see him, since i hadn't seen him in 10 days, and he suddenly was like "ok, let's hang out tomorrow before my shift!" so i was surprised cuz i didn't expect it and my place was super messy. then he mailed me this morning at 8am (woke me up) and was like "can you meet me at XX station and we'll go to a shrine and see a movie". i was super confused (and kinda bummed because meeting somewhere else = no sex. lol. sorry for the TMI ) and had to hurry up to go meet him in time.

today is saturday, and normally that's my cheat day. though i kinda had already decided that i didn't want or feel the need to do a cheat day this week. so i was a bit conflicted about whether or not to break it. in the end there were all these festival food stalls at the shrine (which i LOVE) so i decided i could cheat. i ended up being quite good and buying a tiny candied apple. then we went to a korean restaurant where i had rice and sherbet but other than that everything was diet-proof. i had two pieces of fancy chocolate that we bought at an import store, but no popcorn during the movie.

the movie was Twilight (lol) he actually wanted to see it. but here's the weird part. at the end of the movie, it was like super happy and romantic and i started crying. i started crying because our relationship is kinda weird and i was thinking "he will never love me like that". then i was fine, we said goodbye and went to work, but as i went home the weird feeling stayed with me. i made dinner and i made these super healthy wraps. which i thought was pretty good of me considering i was on my cheat day and i could eat mcdonald's if i wanted to, but i didn't. i also bought a homemade donut from the shop near my house. when i was making the wraps though, i noticed that they were pretty big and one would have been enough. but i still made 2 cuz i didn't wanna waste food, and i ate both. i almost couldn't finish the second one. after that, i ate my donut, then i went to fetch some chocolate that my Swiss friend sent me, which is hidden in a box under my sink and ate half a bar as i cried about my relationship. what the heck is wrong with me?!? i am seriously hoping that i'm pms-ing, (i've not had a period in 2 months... i'm a bit freaked out, though not pregnant, i checked) because otherwise, wtf...

anyways after that i felt so gross and miserable, i really didn't wanna work out. i waited hours and hours and finally, at 10pm, i dragged my as$ off the couch and did my 30DS. i feel better, but i still feel like i kinda let myself down today... hmm... maybe i just need to go to bed...

sorry for the long-winded rant! that just had to come out!!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #29  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Kawaii- Emotional happens. And remember that the reason it's a movie is because it's an exaggeration of real life. My fiancé's and my life isn't like Twilight either, but we still have fun as a couple. Is there anything that you could do around there as a hobby? Do they have meetup in Japan or anything like that? You can find some crazy groups of people on meetup and get to do fun hobby-like stuff when your bf's not around. It will get you out meeting new people rather than being by yourself. I speak from experience: sitting by yourself makes it worse!

Kat- Are you doing okay? I hope you feel better soon and I hope it is nothing serious.

HappyCat- Welcome!

Mozzy- Great job! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it once you get into it.

------
Well, it's been an interesting week. I've been a little emotional myself, my parents (also my roommates, unfortunately) have been crabby to the point of overwhelming me and I'm thinking of taking the last few weeks before school to myself to figure out what I want to do to fix the situation. I've had problems with them as long as I can remember, but I've always felt resigned to my fate. I wonder now if I can make positive changes in my life by taking some time to myself. They will fight me tooth and nail and say bad things to me, but I really think it will be worth it in the long run.

Otherwise, had a good day yesterday, got my nails done in a French manicure with tips yesterday, they are great but I am having a hard time getting used to them! They are much longer than my original nails.

Well, I gotta hit the showers and get dressed. Have a good day all.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-05-2013 at 11:47 AM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

kawaii: it may not seem it but that is some heavy stuff to deal with, I'm not surprised you felt bad. Like others said, it happens

namaste I want a mani solo bad, but with all the work I do I'm afraid I'll ruin them. Maybe when I go on a mini vacation in summer.

---------------------------------------

For all those who were concerned, thank you for your concern. After a quick check up by my doc he thinks it was a migraine (due to wedding stress) but I'm still gonna get a CT scan for Mr. case (Justin case). In fitness announcements tomorrow I start 30DS and, since apparently I have Sundays off this semester, I am going to dedicate 2 hours every Sunday to cycling/ lifting on top of 1 hour almost daily in the gym, also the fiancé has promised to take me SWIMMING so excited. I have 5 weeks to lose 4 inches off my hips, possible? I don't know, but I'm sure as **** going to try.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote