Old 12-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #1  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Talking Weekly goals

Hiya's, not sure if many of you are on a Weight Watchers plan or not, but I thought I would share anyway. If you do WW you know that usually at the end of a meeting you are asked to write a small goal for the week on the back of your "weekly".

This week, mine was to work out 3 times. I have tried and failed several times at going to the gym. BUT I recently got a great deal on a treadmill and set up a pretty comfortable and cozy home gym. Today was day one.

I downloaded one of those Couch to 5k apps on my iPhone and rocked out... It was hard. I am totally out of shape. But, hey, its more than sitting around on my butt!

Two more times, and I will have hit my 3 times this week work out goal.

Do you have success with weekly goals? Feel free to share!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #2  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Every week I try to do something a little different to shake up my body. This week, I've fallen into a bit of a rut. My weight has been going up for three days now. So I've decided to cut the carbs that I eat at breakfast. My breakfast is usually either cereal or oatmeal, and there's so many carbs in both. For the rest of the week, I'm going to focus on sticking to a 5 point limit for breakfast, instead of the 8, 9, 10 points that I've been averaging a day.

Good luck with your goal! I'm sure you can do it. As someone who started out seriously out of shape when I started jogging, I can tell you that it definitely gets easier with time and patience.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Only 2 more workouts to go!
I have had success with weekly goals but only if I'm a 100% focused. I lost that focus last week and my goal this week to regain the ground I lost by: following my meal plan WITHOUT any cheating even if I have room calorie-wise & gym 5 days for 90 min.
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/237/170

Height: 5.75

yay weekly goals! I was searching for something like this! hi!

So next week, starting Sunday (12/30), I have 3 goals: Try to workout everyday for at least an hour (if I can get 4 days in, I'll consider myself successful) but I'm really shooting for everyday. I want to successfully incorporate cycling calories into my life which is going to be interesting since I'm not even a calorie counter, and finally, I want to avoid eating after 6pm, fresh veggie and fruit juice only after that point, as in freshly juiced. So tonight and tomorrow, I'm really focusing on finding the apps I need for the calorie counting/cycling. I have a juicer and fruits and veggies I need to have fresh juices for my dinner. My weight loss goal for the week is 3 pounds.
beachbella85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/264/200

Juicing sounds great. I previously lost weight while juicing. I have been slightly exceeding my calorie limit. I think I will try juicing more often to ensure that I get nutrition and lose weight. Thanks for the reminder. Good suggestion.
tam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #7  

Oh, and can you explain what you mean by "calorie counting/cycling"? Thanks you. I try to learn everything I can to really benefit from this forum.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #8  

100 1bs lost. That is amazing. I have set mini-goals for myself to get to that point. I need to loose over 100 lbs and I don't even like to think about the time involved or it will discourage me. I am just focusing on making it through each day and staying in control of what goes into my mouth. Congratulations!!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #9  

Hi tam! OMG Juicing is soooo awesome! I did it this week actually to kind of jumpstart myself. I did 4 days of juice feasting (just fresh veggies and fruit juices only) and 1 partial raw day and lost 7 pounds. SUPER EXCITED about that...and so now I'm back to eating regular and Sunday I start my plan which I'm kind of modifying as I go along. I intend to do a 3 day juice feast monthly until I reach my weight loss goal to give my system a rest and my weight loss a boost...depending on how it all goes ...

Calorie cycling is when instead of sticking to just the same calorie amount each day, you add all your total calories up for the week and then divy them out in cycles, so perhaps 2 low days, 3 regular days and 2 high days, that not an exact formula, just an example...but it supposedly keeps your body from going into homestatis(where your body gets used to the amount of calories you eat and stalls out on you) or whatever its called. LOTS Of info about it on the web, google it. I've done it before for a week, lost 4 pounds...I'm real good about experimenting, lol. I'll try anything once and if it works, I try to incorporate it in my life as best I can and this method works so I'm going to try to stick it to it.

100 pounds lost! I know right! I can't wait to get to onderland...I'm just going to be soo happy . Haven't been that small in 13 years...but I'm going to get there this year! 2013 babies! The year it all comes together, odd years have a tendency to be really good for me...for some reason...its these even years that just sucks...makes me want to put a blanket over my head and just hide till its over...then the roof would just collaspe or a tornado would come or something else evil :/...lol I'm ranting cuz I'm sleepy...

Last edited by beachbella85; 12-28-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #10  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I don't do WW, but this week my goal is to do the 30DS every day and log all my food. I count calories and try to stay in my limit, but for me its more about logging everything. I tend to want to fudge my intake if I stuff my face. Its all about reality. I DID eat those four rolls and 6oz of cheese. My body knows it, I might as well log it.

tam2012 I need to lose 30lbs but I keep getting discouraged/bored/upset about something and giving up. I looked at my blog recently and the last time I tried to exercise was last August. Could I have lost 30lbs in over a year? Many times over. But I didn't, and the time passed anyway. And thats how I look at it now.

No matter how long your weight loss journey is, that time is going to pass either way. Spend it wisely.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #11  

Also something to remember, as you lose weight, your caloric needs reduce...a lot of the websites give you a range of calories to take in that will still result in weight loss and personally I appreciate that because I'm definitely going to start on the higher end that keeps me in weight loss mode (ranging between 1500 and 1575) so then as I lose weight, I can gradually decrease and keep my body guessing, never going below 1200 of course....that's also what WW does, its why your points decrease as you lose weight peoples....tried and true processes .

also Tam, further on the Calorie cycling: So my calorie cycling next week is going to look like this:

Day 1: 1300 rest day
Day 2: 1500 walking for 30 to 45 minutes
Day 3: 1800 strength training/walking 1.5 hours of exercise this day
Day 4: 1500 walk and strength 1.0 hr of exercise
Day 5: 1300 walk
day 6: 1600 strength and walk
Day 7: 1745 strength and walk

I'm trying to do some exercise every day...its just better and easier for me to stay on track if I do something each day. Of course you pay attention to the scales and tweak it as needed...This actually averages out to 1535 per day...which also gives me a little wiggle room...not much but just a tiny bit of about 280 calories (1575-1535) that still has me losing weight...in theory, all things in theory, lol. We'll see what happens next week...want to make weekly posing a regular thing?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #12  

okay, also just googled the 30DS and must confess that I am intrigued...I think I may go buy that tmrw plus a pedometer because lord knows I need to move more doing the day...