3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Soooo Over the 190's and 180's... Part 2

Old 06-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #226
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, this is my third time coming to this site looking to lose it... I've met with some success both times but I manage to put it back on :P I'm committed to getting rid of it all this time though! And keeping it off, good riddance. Started at 185, have transitioned to my dietary plan and I've been exercising regularly for about a week (I was just cleared to exercise again by my doctor last week post-surgery.) Weighed in this morning at 183.2. Let the losing begin

Mini-goal #1: 167 lbs. Mini-goal #2: 159 lbs. (BMI 24.9)
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #227
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Anyone here? Been doing well, except for this morning -- I was late to work after a particularly exhausting run. I don't think I was prepared to run today and I went anyway. It's hard to know the difference between listening to your body and overcoming laziness sometimes!

Experienced a water weight jump on the scale, so I'm down to 181 right now. I'll take it! Pretty sure I'll be hanging out here a bit longer though...

Mini-goal #1: 167 lbs. Mini-goal #2: 159 lbs. (BMI 24.9)
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #228
Koi Gets Healthy

Is there a thread for people trying to get out of the 200's?
koigetshealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #229

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey all! Just getting back to 3FC, decided its time to lose this weight from nursing school. I was previously riding the 168/172 line after loosing close to 40lbs, and then went back to school and gained back 25 of those. So here I sit at 193.4, hoping to be out of these 190s for the last time of my life. Goal is 145, and a normal bmi. I have 10 months to pull this off so I can have a vow renewal for my 10 year wedding anniversary. We did not have a real wedding, so this is kind of my "big day" and I want to look good!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #230

Down to 192.2 today. Can't wait for 180s. Hopefully the first decade drops quickly since I have been off the wagon for so dang long.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #231
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

nightwasp:
I'm here!
Oh man, I hear you on the lazy days vs. the physically-should-not-push-oneself days. Be proud of yourself for winning one...! Now you're basically plus one good ***-kicking work-out.

Sorry about the water weight weigh-in, I loathe when that happens. But even if you settle around here for a short amount of time, don't stress... I like to think of it as my body readjusting to staying at a lower weight more permanently.

koi:
No idea, but you should stick around here anyhow! 190s, 200s... We're all in the same boat anyhow. Please, stick around, keep me/us posted on your progress! I wanna see those numbers drop until you're no longer worried about whether there's a 200s thread.

jaimie:
Yay! Welcome back! I'm just coming back myself after a long hiatus and a lot of weight gain that I have to come to terms with. Working it back off may be hard as **** for us, but at least we can do it together!

Also, that's SO EXCITING about your vow renewal! Are you getting decked out in a wedding dress, or something just gorgeous fancy? Big/small event? Lots of people, just a few?

My best friend is getting married next May, so that's my little tiny motivation. If only my boyfriend would get around to proposing so I could have the motivation of my own wedding.
('specially since we're already legally married, but that's a whole 'nother story...!)

And as for me...
Crapsticks.
I have gained a lot of weight back. Went down to 140-something, am up to my highest weight ever, dipping into the 190s briefly.
I'll give you the latest tally of my weight tomorrow morning when I haven't just power-pounded several large glasses of water and crystal lite (which I imagine to weigh at least a couple of extra lbs that I don't want to see on the scale). ...I'm probably too much of that zero-calorie chemical stuff.

But it is freakin' hot in Canada this week, and I need liquids! And let's all face it, water can kinda suck. Tomorrow is supposed to feel like 46 degrees (114.8F) with the humidity. HOW am I supposed to motivate myself to go to my lunchtime spin class when all I want to do is lie down in front of the air conditioner and pray for an ice age?

Last edited by Jelbb : 07-16-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #232
Queen Yo-yo

Helloooo ladies. This thread is too quiet. I'm going to try to change that. Even if it's just me talking to myself daily.

This a.m., I was 181.4! About 4-5 lbs lower than I thought I was... but I may bum around here until I feel very solidly back into the 70s anyhow. Will probably take a couple of weeks to be sure.

FYI: I ate a salad for lunch with 1/4 of a packet of light caesar dressing, felt super good about myself, then ate half a cinnamon bun. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Hope you're all having wooonderful days!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #233

Hey Jelbb! Glad to see some action in this thread. Too bad you won't be in it for very long at your weight! And congrats on your quick loss of the first few pounds!

Yes, we will be having just a small ceremony on a beach with the two of us and our closest friends. We are thinking the bahamas but have not decided for sure. I am going to get a beachy dress and do pics, since we never had wedding photos at all. Super excited, but part of me wanting to do this means I have to drop the weight. I feel like I won't want to go if I am still unhappy with my body. So, lets do this, and get ready for these May weddings!!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #234

Weigh in today was 191.6. 180's within a week!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #235
Queen Yo-yo

Listen lady, you will be gorgeous-tastic whether you drop the weight or not. However, I know how you feel. We all want to FEEL our best as well as look our best on a big day! And you're gonna do it! Note: I wanna hear all about the beachy dress hunt!

And CONGRATS, you're gonna be in the 180s in no time!!!!

As for me...
This morning I was 181.4 again. To which I say... rock on. I didn't go to spin class yesterday, and I ate half a cinnamon bun, before lounging around our sweltering apartment complaining about the heat wave.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY THOUGH, and I went to my spin class during lunch with coworkers, grabbed a turkey and a quinoa salad for lunch, and have an apple sitting in front of me for my snack... I'm on a roll.

Have wonderful days, ladies!

Last edited by Jelbb : 07-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #236

Sounds like a good day for you so far! Stick with it!

I was up to 193.0 today, however, my weight gets really unreliable when I have a stretch of night shifts (on day 3 now). I think my body just gets confused, and honestly I don't even know when I should be weighing in. So, I am going to hope for 180s by next week tuesday am. I will post pics of whatever dress I get, but I can't be ordering one until I hit 152!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #237
Queen Yo-yo

Oh, I hear ya woman! When my schedule gets messed up, it totally changes the weigh-in consistencies. I always wonder if it's cause I'm eating/digesting at different times...?

And... Oooh, is 152 the magic number?

Rooting for ya to make it to the 180s in no time!!!

As for me...
Last night I was not perfection, but I did turn down ice cream in anticipation of having a somewhat unhealthy dinner and a cocktail while out with a girl friend. I'm trying to avoid my somewhat obsessive tendencies, where I count calories like my life depends on it and beat myself up like mad for not being perfect with my eating all the time... and simply going with a slightly more sustainable plan of attack:
Going to spin classes multiple times a week with coworkers, and trying to make healthiER choices on a regular basis!

So far so good! Down from 181.4 to 181.0 this morning. I'm on my TOM so things are a little wonky, but it's good to see the scale move down, even if it's a teensy bit, and whether it's a solid number or not!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #238

Way to go lady. Any drop is a good thing. And good for you going to spin classes, I have yet to get any sort of routine. I walk at work like the whole shift (12 hours) so I count that as my exercise lol. Don't beat yourself up, you have to have some leeway in order to succeed. Cutting out too much stuff just sets us up to fail. Anticipating high calorie times is a great way to justify those splurges IMO.

152 is the weight I will order a dress at, but I want to be 145 when I wear it, lol. I am holding out for a normal BMI before I take the dress plunge!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #239
Queen Yo-yo

Oh man, that is sooo good that you're on your feet all day! I love love LOVE my job (I'm a graphic designer), but I sit on my rear all day long, which is just so bad. Usually I walk to and from work, but we've been rockin a super heat wave right now, and 35-40 minutes in direct sunlight in 100+ degree weather is oh-so-not-good for my freckly irish complexion. I wind up feeling a bit sick..! So, I haven't been lately. And when you don't walk, and you're sitting all day long.. well. How many calories can you really burn by clicking the mouse?

Aww, what a great goal to be working towards! There's got to be no better motivation than getting to start looking for that gorgeous dress!

Are you thinking short for the beach?

As for me...
Whoaaaa, that can't be right. This morning I'm 179.4, which may or may not be a post-TOM water-bloat woooosh loss, or maybe it's just a fake-out. Either way, I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #240

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello ~ joining this group even though I have less than a year left of being a "20-something"

I used to come regularly to this site last year & lost about 20lbs. Then I was really sick for about 2 months, ended up going through a bunch of different medical tests, trying different medications, etc. Unfortunately I developed a lot of anxiety during that time & my dr Rx'd me Lexapro to help with the anxiety. It really did help with the anxiety but a little too much. I developed a "meh" attitude about everything - which was nice in some areas - but in others, like weight loss, it resulted in me gaining about 35lbs in a 4 month period. The medication majorly increased my appetite & I didn't care that I was shoveling in junk. I am now in a healthy place & my anxiety has greatly decreased. I have slowly weaned off the medication. Now I'm back and committed to losing this weight! Looking forward to "hanging out" here.... hopefully not for too long so I can be on my way out of the 180s.

My Goal Progression:
15 pounds - 12/6/13
30 pounds
45 pounds
60 pounds
toodles11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.