Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm Back!!! ...and with questions regarding weight loss aids

I was on here months ago, and as usual, fell off of my diet and went back to old habits. I was unemployed for about 5 weeks, so that didn't help. Back at work now and doing a job where I stand on my feet for 7+ hours a day as opposed to sitting on my butt and doing nothing for the previous 5 weeks. My most recent lowest weight was 185 I believe and today, I weighed in at 196 :/ However, my signature here from when I was last using this forum states that I was 195 when I left, so I guess it could be worse. I'm not going to say all of that "I'm really serious this time, and I'm determined to lose this weight" because, well, I always say that...and it's never really been true. The weight that I lost previously was lost unplanned and without even trying. It seems like whenever I "try" to lose weight, I fail and go back to old habits, or give up if I don't see immediate results.

Any who, I *am* interested in *trying* to lose as much weight as I can and reach my goal weight. I was looking at different items on Amazon such as weight trimmers and creams that help you sweat more while exercising...do those actually work? Has anyone on here had success with those? Reviews are pretty good for them. Also, Raspberry Ketones pills? Says they're all natural and are a good aid for weight loss. Again, reviews are pretty good. Anyone on here use them before?

Well, I'd appreciate any words of encouragement, opinions or reviews on the products I mentioned, etc. Thanks!
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

My guess is that's it's all $$$ and useless. If it worked, everyone and their sister would be using it. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill, just hard work and keeping at it. Welcome back and keep up the good fight!

Last edited by jenicra; 11-06-2012 at 01:29 AM.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree with jenicra 100 %.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I don't really know anything about weight loss aids. I do take a daily multivitamin and cod liver oil and sometimes garlic pills but more for health benefits than for weight loss. Not everything "natural," is good for you, it's still medicinal and can still do crazy things to affect your body and your heart etc (look at hoodia). If you are interested in going that route, I'd do a lot more research about whatever it is you want to take.

You've done amazing losing the weight you have so far! Congratulations!!! How did you accomplish that weight loss? One thing I've learned on 3FC is that maintenance or success or whatever you want to call it often involves losing and gaining the same small amount of weight. You've caught yourself at 10 lbs up and THAT is in itself a victory. I don't think you need to say you're "really serious this time" because you didn't "fail last time." Be kind to yourself and recognize that you're doing this and can and will succeed. Keep going, okay! You can do this!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #5  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/127

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenicra View Post
My guess is that's it's all $$$ and useless. If it worked, everyone and their sister would be using it. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill, just hard work and keeping at it. Welcome back and keep up the good fight!
AMEN.

Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.

If it doesnt challenge you, it doesn't change you.

Sounds like you have some thinking to do about what you really want and if you are up for the fight. Good Luck! You know this forum will be here to support you!
ToriJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote